Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dawnhawk's True Name

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

Dawnhawk's True Name Empty
PostSubject: Dawnhawk's True Name   Dawnhawk's True Name EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 12:23

Quick Introduction

Now that Dawnhawk has died, some of you have read his death post and wondered what exactly is going on. He was Morningstar, and always had been. No, not the Morningstar from the 2016 Dark Forest sitewide. Both Dawnhawk (the body of the cat itself) and Morningstar (the dark soul that was inside of him) are both entirely my characters, no one else's. Upon his death, Dawnhawk got visions of a bright world of color, more colors than he had ever seen or knew the name of. This wasn't just his brain firing off randomly as it does when something dies, but memories of being in Heaven at one point in time, though this is still not clear to him. Note the flash of white wings on either side of him before the sky shatters and goes black? Yeah. Then he is thrust into a world of blackness and fire, obviously not the Dark Forest. In my book series with all of these original characters, "Morningstar" was a title given to Lucifer while he still lived in Heaven. My Morningstar was the legitimate Lucifer and not at all a true cat. How did he come to the world of Warrior Clan Cats? Read below. This has been a recurring theme for my characters for years. In every RP site I am in, my original angel characters are always present even if it's not obvious at the time. My original characters are almost all exclusively angels, both good and bad. On occasion I make a new one specifically tied to the site, Bloodstar, Wraith and Moonshine having been WCC originals with no angel attached to them. Anyway, below is the story of how legitimate Lucifer, Morningstar, came to the site via a cat for a vessel. Enjoy!

Morningstar Becomes "Dawnhawk"

He knew he shouldn’t have done it. Charging head first toward Michael was suicide at best, but Lucifer’s rage was clouding his better judgement. All around them were angels donned in armor, some with white feathers and some with black, fighting to the death above England. To the human and natural world below, it seemed like a storm was brewing. Black clouds had gathered. The flashes of light and earth rattling booms had to be just lightning and thunder. The fact that it never touched earth was easily explained away as “heat lightning”... right?

In reality the flashes of light was the brief physical appearance of warring angels and their metal weapons clashing together before they resumed their ethereal forms. The thunder was the sound of powerful wings snapping through the air and breaking the sound barrier with their speed. At times it may have even sounded like multiple mortar fireworks exploding one after another, but the humans and animals below were none the wiser.

Despite being clad head to toe in black, wickedly spiked full plate, Lucifer felt blood running down his leg and soaked the padding beneath the armor. Through the narrow slits in his helmet he locked his electric blue gaze onto Michael. His only slightly bigger brother was dangerously strong even for an archangel. Just about any demon that dared to attack him head on was cut down swiftly. Having fought Michael since before the extinction of the dinosaurs, Lucifer knew this.

Even still… this fight had not gone according to plan. This was supposed to be a quick mission with minimal skirmishing and then a hasty retreat once they had what they wanted. More importantly, Michael wasn’t supposed to be here at all. He and a small platoon of soldiers had been waiting for them, somehow knowing about their plan today. Someone in that war room had been a traitor, relaying information to Heaven that they shouldn’t have had.

A black winged angel charged at Michael from the side, only to be swiftly cleaved in two from left hip to right shoulder and sent to the ground in bloodied pieces. Even the leather armor crafted from the hide of an Eden Buffalo couldn’t hold up to Michael’s strength or his ridiculous flamberge. Gripping his own weapon, a curved blade with a weighted tip called a killij, Lucifer thrust his powerful wings downward once to propel him forward. The speed at which he excelled would have liquefied the insides of a man, but his body and innards were far stronger.

Michael was going to pay for using such a massive sword. It was a powerful weapon, one that caused unpleasant vibrations if it was parried due to the undulating blade, but it had a very long recovery time. One swing would take the user a moment to reset their defenses in combat, leaving them wide open for attack after a swing. Lucifer’s killij was shorter, thinner, and the curve helped him angle the tip into soft spots in armor that it couldn’t just cut clean through… like Michael’s blasted full plate.

Lucifer closed the gap quickly and aimed the tip to slide into the gaps between the plates against Michael’s thighs. There was an artery in the leg there that, if cut, would bleed him out faster than even a cut to the jugular would. He thrust his arm forward and prepared his wings to veer him sharply away from his adversary afterword to avoid any last minute blows from the flamberge.

Then Michael released his sword entirely and brought his leg up just enough that the tip of the killij glanced off of the rounded plate protecting it. Lucifer’s heart dropped into his stomach. He was already in motion and changing course fast enough wasn’t possible now. Michael balled an armored fist, now free from the lengthy sword. It came around and hit solidly right into Lucifer’s face. His helmet gave way like an aluminum can and crushed closed around his head. A loud ringing filled his ears and his body stiffened from the impact. Lucifer fell, but his body wasn’t responding to any movement he tried to do.

In a panic, he tried to shapeshift into an animal, but his mind was still reeling from the impact and he could only barely see out of the small opening on the right side of the helmet that was left. His body materialized into a physical angel form and the armor of otherworldly materials followed suit. He finally made an impact with the ground… and something else? His body jarred, which only made his already splitting headache explode further.

The screech of tires hit his ears next before he realized what had happened. Whatever human that had crashed into him on his way down was probably dead if he’d landed on him. More cars were coming and his feathers could feel the wind from the cars as they tried desperately to avoid hitting him. Lucifer swore under his breath before he forced his body to resume an ethereal form for that he was no longer visible to humans.

He staggered away from what he believed was the road and fumbled through the forest that he could see through the tiny opening in his helmet.. At least he was slowly regaining his ability to move the way that he wanted… but his killij was gone. He hadn’t even realized that he dropped it. More angels would be coming after him… or they should have already. Where were they? He managed to glimpse a large tree that he leaned against to root himself better in his surroundings.

The jingling sound of scale mail caught his attention and he spun in the direction of the noise. He was relieved to see black feathers instead of white attached to the other angel. His soldier raced up to him and held him steady before slowly lowering him to the ground. Quick hands went to work on taking his helmet off, though the jagged metal on the inside still cut deep against his cheek when it was removed.

“Are you alright?” The soldier asked in their gurgling, demonic language, though judging by how wide his orange eyes were, Lucifer wasn’t looking too good. He shook his head, not willing to speak just yet. His head was pounding and his jaw felt out of place. “I’ll get a healer, just stay under these branches. We’re keeping Michael busy so he doesn’t come looking for you.” The soldier didn’t wait for more orders before he bolted away. The sound of his wings snapping against his sides rocked the branches in the trees and stunned the birds that were nearby. They fell to the forest floor like rain and fluttered in confusion.

Lucifer didn’t know how long it took for the soldier to return with a healer. He tried to blink the blood away from his right eye, but it was already sticky and wouldn’t move. He saw the deep, wine red robe that marked the healer from the soldier. The healer already had a pale look on his face and he was drenched with sweat. He had expended a ton of his energy healing the others in the battlefield already. Without a word, he pressed his hand against Lucifer’s head and closed his eyes to focus.

“This is going to hurt.” He said quickly, his words slurring from exhaustion. Lucifer felt his jaw move of its own accord and pop painfully back up into its joint. The cartilage that was damaged began to knit itself back together as well, which may as well have been a drill boring holes into it for what it felt like. Once that was finished, he could feel the skin on his face beginning to close the wounds up as if they had never happened.

Then the healer’s purple eyes rolled in the back of his head and he slumped over. The soldier caught him before he hit the ground and shook him.

“Wake up! You’re not done!” The soldier scolded, but it was useless. The healer had no energy left to give, not even to sustain himself. Lucifer waved a dismissive hand and the soldier let him go.

“Don’t bother. He’s finished.” The deep injury in his side was still there and his head still felt fuzzy. His remaining injuries were still obvious, as the soldier glanced nervously around them.

“There is one thing I can do but I need an animal for it.” Lucifer explained, though this was a secret known only to him and the top 6 chiefs. The grunt soldier leaned in, curious as to what his leader’s plan was.

“What kind of animal? I’ll go get it.” As if on queue, the wailing of a she-cat was heard in the distance. The soldier moved to retrieve it, but Lucifer shot out a hand and stopped him.

“It’s a pregnant cat giving birth. I don’t need you to retrieve her. I need you to take him back home and call a retreat. Tell anyone who questions you it was of my own orders and I will rejoin you all shortly. Tell any of the other chiefs this when they question you: I have had to make a healing pact. They will know what that means and what to do from there. Now go. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be alright.” Probably. Curious, but not wanting to disobey orders, the grunt gathered the healer up over his shoulders and spread his dark wings.

“I’ll do as you say but I don’t like it.” He said before taking off into the sky. Once he was out of sight, Lucifer got to his feet. Blood ran faster down his leg and his skull felt as if it were being crushed. He staggered through the woods, following the sounds of the queen giving birth. He approached as an invisible, scentless, soundless entity that made its way to Skyclan’s nursery.

He lowered himself down onto his belly to look inside of it. He reached out a single hand and rested it on the queen, to which her body had a violent reaction to it. Her last kit was already dead, doomed to have been a stillborn from the beginning. That made it much easier to possess. He would lose all memory of who he was, but in order for him to safely hide from the forces of Heaven, that was necessary. His body would heal over time, though he may scar, as long as he had a body to hide in.

Lucifer forced his ethereal hand into Smokefeather’s body and wrapped his fingers around the stillborn kit. The queen howled and she bled profusely as nature itself tried to reject this unnatural act. With some amount of concentration, Lucifer shrunk and forced himself and his conscience into the kit. The very touch from a demon bleached the otherwise dark tabby fur that the kit would have had and removed almost all melanin from it’s otherwise amber eyes until they were blue.

The kit drew its first breath as a new, unnatural soul invaded it’s body completely. Lucifer’s memories of who he was, how he had got there and what he wanted most out of life was torn suddenly away from him. The last thing he heard was the wailing of ambulances and fire trucks, likely to assist the injured humans at the scene of the crash, in the distance before he lost any memory or idea of what those even were.

Links to relevant Threads

Dawnkit's birth ~ Smokefeather is clearly in more pain and bleeds more while birthing Dawnkit. Sirens immediately begin wailing in the distance towards the Thunderpath when Dawnkit draws his first breath. The explanation for these events has finally been revealed to you above. :)

Dawnhawk's death ~ He receives odd visions of different worlds as he dies and realizes that "he was Morningstar and always had been". Now you know why.

More to Come!

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down

Dawnhawk's True Name
Page 1 of 1