Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Knack [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2545

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 17:17

Quietly, Webshadow had slipped himself into a corner of camp near the nursery. It was dark, quiet, and the walls were thick there, easy for him to wedge himself between the den's walls and the drifts of snow. He'd felt particularly exhausted today; he'd returned to patrolling regularly, but ahen he'd woke up with the evening sky he immediately retreated to that safe, dark spot. The idea of dragging himself out into the territory was daunting– proper socializing, even worse. The warrior's den was near-inhabitable for that, the drifting pawsteps of his denmates sending him running. Shrinking into himself, the tabby curled himself into a tight ball, draping his feathery tail over his nose.

Surely, no one would disturb him here. For now, he would doze, and return to productivity later.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 17:50

Icekit had been lounging in her little nest for the morning, trying to think about who all she should speak with today. She had taken just a couple of conversations with Lichenkit and Dimkit, though she still didn't have quite the feel for them yet. She had almost spoken with an apprentice yesterday, though they were called away for training. But she hadn't spoken with a warrior outside of the queens that watch over the nursery. If she was going to maintain a good relationship with her clan, it was imperative that she spoke with more than just her denmates.

But the warriors felt so untouchable. They were the great warriors of their clan, constantly going out to fetch food and patrol. She was just a kit, born not even a moon ago. How could she be expected to speak with someone of such high rank? Not that they would want to interact with a kit anyhow.

So imagine her surprise when a warrior of all people walked right into the nursery. The other kits didn't seem to notice through their naps or play, but Icekit's gaze locked right onto Webshadow when he passed by the nursery's entrance. She got to her feet and crawled to the entrance where she stuck out her nose beyond the protective coverings. It took a moment for her gaze to find Webshadow's form, looking almost like a mossball with how tightly he was curled up on himself.

It was her chance. She wouldn't get a chance to speak with a warrior alone like this for quite a while. So despite the obvious fact that Webshadow wanted to take a nap, Icekit padded her way towards the curled warrior.

"Hello," she mewed. She sat down before him and gave him a curious sniff, trying to lock Webshadow's specific scent into her memory. "What are you doing sleeping out here instead of in your den?"
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 18:36

It didn't take long. Tiny pawsteps approached, and a scarred ear twitched absently in their direction. The warrior made no motion to unfurl himself, though; rather, he tightened his form, as if his silence and tense posture would give the kit a clue to back away.

But kits were nosy and too-curious, and often just as bad at social rules as he was. Breath ghosted past his whiskers as his new companion settled in, and Webshadow slowly loosened himself to regard the kit who approached him.

For a while, he was quiet as he thought on her question. Pale blue eyes stared at her, nearly through her, and there was little to show he'd heard a word she said except for the passive quivering of his whiskers. Eventually: "Hello." It was simple, and not at all an answer. Webshadow snorted. Suppose there were worse cats to be having this conversation with– kits, for all their joyful carelessness, were good conversation partners. He couldn't deny the fact that they were all cute, too; that certainly helped ease his mood. Still, the line of his mouth remained thin and tight. He hadn't quite warmed up to the idea of full conversation yet, even if Icekit was entertainable.

Another pause, before he settled on his next words. "I apologize if I disturbed you. I did not mean to. But... it is quieter here. I don't feel much like being a warrior today, so I have resigned myself to pretending to be a kit." No laugh accompanied his words, and his tone was rather dry, but he really had meant it as a joke. Webshadow's still-curled tail tapped restlessly against his flank, and he coughed to clear the next quiet that followed. "My name is Webshadow, if.you have not seen me around. And you are?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 19:04

Icekit allowed herself to puff out her chest and lift her chin a bit, as though that would help inflate her tiny form.

"I am Icekit," she said. "Though I won't be for long. I will grow quickly and soon I will be out running with warriors too." She certainly wouldn't be crawling back into their camp, settling in and pretending to be a kit again. Already her heart tired of the nursery, though her body often betrayed her and desired naps throughout the day.

But this wasn't about her. This was about allyship and getting to know her fellow clan member.

"Is it exciting being a warrior?" Icekit pressed on. "You get to venture out of the confines of the camp. And you visit with the other clans each moon." She tilted her head. "It seems all very exciting. I can't imagine wanting to stop for a day."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 6:43

In response to the questions, Webshadow let out a breath, deep enough to stir the kit's soft fur as she went on speaking. "To some it is exciting." His mew was slow, measured, and his eyes narrowed as he thought. "That is not to say it isn't. There is plenty to like about it. I enjoy my freedom, the pleasure to walk our territory as I please. I do enjoy hunting; that is always fun, and usually quiet. I enjoy defending our camp less."

A grimace crossed the tom's featured, and he pressed his chin hard into his paws. The pressure made his expression tighten more, but it seemed to ease him, too, wide ears lowering comfortably. "Not to say I do not want to defend our Clan. I will every day if I am asked. However... I do not like the aftermath. It is a shame, seeing so much of our family hurt and tired. It is a shame being hurt and tired." And with that, he was done with the topic of battle, switching smoothly (a little gracelessly to his partner, maybe) to the next.

"I am fond of taking breaks. I have been since I was only your size. I am... a quiet cat." That wasn't quite right. Still, it was true– he was quiet, much better at lurking beside other cats rather than engaging directly. "Sometimes– oftentimes –camp is too loud, or there are too many cats about. I prefer to spend my time patrolling quietly, or curled away in a dark corner." He snorted, amused. "Gatherings are not as much fun for me as they are for most, I imagine. Many cats, many voices, many scents. I do not particularly like going to Fourtrees, unless I have an apprentice to tend to." Whiskers twitching, Webshadow looked Icekit over. His gaze was always intense, deep and searching, but at the moment he wasn't thinking anything in particular. "You sound like you would enjoy your warriorhood much more. Perhaps Frostgaze will start sending you on patrols in my stead, and leave me to a quiet den."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 12:15

Icekit looked over her shoulder while Webshadow spoke. She watched some of the warriors who have been visiting Basilbloom the Medicine Cat and licking at old wounds since she had been born. She'd heard whispers of an attack on the clan that had occurred right before she had been born. She, along with a few other kits who were born alongside her, were considered a quiet blessing given the time they were delivered. Icekit had not really considered that the state of her clan was not typical, and instead was because of an attack before her time. It was still hard to grasp, sometimes, of things occurring before she was around.

Her attention was pulled back to Webshadow when he changed topic. She watched him with a steady gaze.

"Don't you want to do more for the clan beyond simply defending it?" Her tail swished back and forth irritably across the ground.

She wanted to visit a Gathering more than anything else. To be able to speak with other cats outside of her clan felt so exciting. She wanted to see the leaders of the other clans, speak with apprentices outside of ShadowClan; find out what she could of the state of the other clans. Whatever she could do, whatever information she could claw out of other cats, she desired it deeply. How could Webshadow not want that too?

"If you desire to stay here instead of going out to hunt or patrol then you are simply a queen without her kits," Icekit meowed tactlessly.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 6:46

Icekit was quiet as he explained, and Webshadow appreciated her silent attention. Most kits would have left it at that, and engaged themselves in chewing on his nose or romping off to play mossball; instead, this little one piped up with indignation, looking cross with his statement. The senior warrior's ears lowered, eyes narrowing as he regarded her.

"I do not mind patrolling, or hunting. I rather enjoy it all, in my own company or with company I enjoy." Webshadow amended evenly, looking over the little she-kit curiously. Were all kits so bold and driven? He certainly hadn't been at that age; he'd preferred to find himself backed into a darkened corner of the nursery, hiding away from his denmates, afraid of and overwhelmed by the bustling camp that loomed beyond the den's walls. The few kits he'd properly engaged with had no problem chattering on, but he'd yet to be scorned by one.

Webshadow blinked, slowly, at the assessment that he was little more than a queen. Despite himself, he bristled at the thought. "I am proud to be a warrior of ShadowClan. I cannot breathe without a hitch in my breath, I do not bear these scars and fresher wounds because I would rather spend my time in the nursery some nights." The dark-furred tom paused, and his gaze softened with a sigh. "I do not blame you for not understanding. Most cats do not." Fondly, he thought about Frostgaze. Their deputy understood– he always had. "Regardless. Just because I prefer to exist in a quiet space does not mean I am less of a warrior. I fight and hunt for my Clan just the same, Icekit. Despite the occasional chaos of it, I am pleased to defend and to serve ShadowClan, with my life if it comes to it. One day, perhaps when you begin your own training, it will come a little closer to making sense." It had been some time, since he'd had to explain himself to anyone. Realy, Webshadow couldn't recall a time he had explained himself– he just existed alongside others, and let them make their own assessments of him. It felt awkward, words fumbling through his teeth as he tried to make sense of it to someone else.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

The Knack [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Knack [C]   The Knack [C] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:24

Icekit's ears flattened as she quite quickly realized her mistake in speaking so bluntly to a warrior. While Webshadow's tone and words were not incredibly harsh, Icekit knew a scolding when she heard one. She instinctively lowered her head from sitting so tall and her short tail wrapped around her.

How foolish of me. Regardless of what he enjoys doing, he's a warrior who defends the clan. I have no right to question him, Icekit silently scolds herself. This is now how you make allies.

When Webshadow was finished speaking, the first thing Icekit said was, "I'm sorry. You're right, I don't understand. I shouldn't be so--so--so thoughtless."

A stutter? Icekit didn't like being scolded, for sure, but she had yet to trip over her words, especially in front of a warrior. Icekit wanted to crawl into her nest and never come out.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP