Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 19:10

(OCC: Since Basil is currently on a trip away from camp this topic is set before she leaves, which means before the battle happened.)

Another long day was ahead of Basilbloom as she grabbed the herbs Deerpaw would need and left her den, trotting across the camp with a bounce in her step.  The moon and stars were bright tonight, and surely the Moonstone would be as well.  Ducking her head into the apprentice's den, she called out quietly; "Deerpaw, it's time to go!"  Stepping back, she pushed the herb bundle towards the young she-cat when she emerged with a smile.  "Here, eat these.  They'll keep your strength up as we travel."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 21:09

Deerpaw shook some of the moss off her pelt and smiled at Basilbloom. the medicine cat had healed her many times when she had been injured, and Deerpaw enjoyed her company. she obediently lapped up the herbs. "Yuck! Your medicine is as awful as usual, Basilbloom!" she commented,  sticking out her tongue for good measure.

Once finished, the apprentice bounded towards the camp entrance. "Who do you think I will see in Starclan? I can't wait to be a warrior! What do you think my warrior name will be? I hope its something cool, like Deerflower or Deershade!" she rambled when the medicine cat caught on. it seems that Swiftheart had some influence on the young cat, for she wasn't that shy and skittish cat she was as a kit.

Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 18:38

Basilbloom couldn't help but giggle at the disgusted look on Deerpaw's face as she chewed the herbs, giving the apprentice a mockingly stern look out of the corner of her eye.  "I don't want to hear you complaining missy, we're lucky the plants survived all this snow and frost.  Though maybe flavoring them with honey or mouse blood wouldn't be a bad idea..."  She thought for a moment, eyes turned up towards the sky, before smiling and bumping her shoulder against Deerpaw's.  "Let's go."  

As she followed the brown-spotted apprentice across camp and out the entrance she pondered the many questions with curiosity, quite used to the flurry of words thanks to Swiftheart and Loudnose.  "There are so many cats in StarClan I couldn't even begin to guess who you'll see, I do know though that whoever it is will give you wise advice.  As for your name...hmm...maybe Deerleap?  In honor of your energetic ways.  My mother gives the names, she'll know better than I do."  Winking at Deerpaw, they continued on through the marsh.

Soon enough they came to the edge of the territory, and their first Thunderpath.  It wasn't very busy as night, thankfully, but still caution was very much needed.  Looking both ways, when the coast was clear Basilbloom nudged Deerpaw and meowed; "You run across first, as quick as you can!  I'll follow you."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 4:36

Deerpaw nodded. Deerleap was a nice name too. satisfied with the answer, she didn't ask anymore questions until they reached the Thunderpath. it smelled horrible as always and she shrank away in disgust. gathering some courage, she darted across the gravel as if she was chasing a hare. she turned around to make sure that Basilbloom would make it across as safely.

Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 10:57

As Deerpaw bounded out of the bushes and across the stinking black path Basilbloom took a deep breath and braced herself before running after her on shaking legs.  Even though she had crossed this Thunderpath many times in her life it always gave the weak medicine cat anxiety; the fear of having her lungs or heart suddenly give out and a monster crushing her under its rough paws was all too real a possibility.  However, as always, she made it across safely and took a moment to catch her breath, smiling up at Deerpaw between breaths.  "G-Good job, now onto WindClan land we go..."  Her heart had begun to beat at a more normal speed now, so Basilbloom picked herself up and led the way.

The vast fields and hills of WindClan passed by quickly in the night, the usual scents of heather and hare lost to the snow.  Looking around, she supposed that their neighboring clan was having just as much trouble with hunting as they were.  Soon enough though they crossed over the last clan border and entered the unclaimed lands, Highstones standing in the distance as a gauge of how much longer they would be walking.  Basilbloom didn't pause, simply pressing on in comfortable silence as the cliffs drew closer and closer.  Just as her paws were starting to become sore the pair of she-cats rounded the last hill and Mothermouth came into view, a black hole in the side of the bluff.  Sitting down outside for a moment, the tortoiseshell she-cat turned to Deerpaw and purred quietly.  "Whenever you're ready, we'll go in."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 1:05

Deerpaw stood gaping at the black hole that seemed to have no end. her paws tingled with excitement and fear. "I'm ready!" she announced, more to the cats in the cave than to Basilbloom. squaring her shoulders, she padded into the darkness.

Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 12:43

When the excited she-cat answered, Basilbloom nodded and got to her paws, picking up her pace to step in front of Deerpaw as they entered the tunnel.  "Make sure to follow me, it's easy to get lost if you don't know the right path."  Leading the way down into the darkness, Basilbloom's paws fell onto the familiar path she treads so often, walking confidently but still slow enough so that Deerpaw didn't lose her.  After a while light finally appeared at the end of the darkness, and the two she-cats stepped out into the vivid light of the Moonstone.  Basilbloom's amber eyes shining with a strange silvery tint, she called Deerpaw towards the stone.  "Lay down beside the Moonstone and touch your nose to the surface.  StarClan will bring you to sleep, and it's then that they'll speak to you.  Good luck!"  Giving the apprentice's ear a friendly lick, the petite medicine cat laid down nearby, prepared to wait out the time.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 22:47

Deerpaw did as she was instructed to do. She crouched down and pressed her nose on the cold stone, trying the clear the thoughts from her mind. She kept her eyes close for what felt like a moon, and finally, she opened them.

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 9:05

As the forests of Starclan formed around the apprentice, so did the silhouette of a warrior. Brighteye's pale star-scattered pelt stood out against the darkness, and yet still partially transparent if anyone looked close enough. She had been sad to see Mistlebright join her and her family in the stars, but some fates simply couldn't be avoided. At least now the warrior was reunited with her parents, just like she had asked of Brighteye at her own moonstone journey.

She took a few steps towards the apprentice and announced herself, "Hello Deerpaw. I am Brighteye, and during my life I was a warrior of Shadowclan. Welcome to Starclan - I am here to give you any advice you need, but I must let you know, even my power is limited to a certain extent." She couldn't bear to see the same look of disappointment on the young cat's face as she had with Mistlebright.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 5:05

Deerpaw jumped to her paws. in front of her stood a beautiful white she-cat with unique eyes. the yellow eye glimmered brightly with stars. she gaped at Brighteye before stammering out, "I-I don't need anything, just... one thing. How... How do I fit in?" without knowing, Deerpaw already fit right in. every cat was unique in a clan, except for one quality: loyalty to their clan.

khamosa

Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 10:34

Brighteye gave a small smile at Deerpaw's nervousness, trying her best to be a comfort. "Honestly, I don't think I'm the best cat for that question. I used to rarely speak to any of my clanmates, besides maybe Mistyfalcon, and I didn't mind that." She paused for a moment, considering her words - she wanted to help the apprentice, but wasn't completely sure how to go about it. "However, if fitting in is really what you care about, I'll ask you this: what is it that holds a clan together?" She asked. "If you look around your clanmates, they're not all exactly the same. Look at Cicadashriek and Shypaw, for example, arguable polar opposites in personality. But what makes them both Shadowclanners?"

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 5:09

Deerpaw paused. she never gave much thought to it, but now that she was thinking, she realized that many cats in Shadowclan, in all the clans, were not clan-born. but they were a clan? after some thinking, she answered, "Well, what sets clan cats from rouges is that we hunt and protect each other. so, Loyalty?"

even as she said it, Deerpaw knew it was the correct answer. she blinked gratefully at Brighteye. "One last question. Who is Mistlebright? my father mentioned her many times when i was a kit, but always briefly, as if it was a painful memory. i supposed she is dead, so you would know her, right?" she asked, leaning forward.

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 9:32

Brighteye nodded slightly at the apprentice's correct answer, proud of Deerpaw for coming to the correct conclusion. It was better for the young she-cat to work some of it out on her own, the Starclan warrior was only there to guide her in her choices. And then Mistlebright came up. A sad look overtook the white warrior's face, still reserved, but the shift was definitely noticeable. "She was a young Shadowclan warrior, albeit an unusual one. Her time to join Starclan came unfortunately swiftly. And yes, I do know her, but not only because we share hunting grounds - she is my cousin's kit, one who I was closer to than most in my family." She explained softly. By all logic, Brighteye knew that she shouldn't be sad that her family was in the stars with her. Their life now carried none of the troubles of their previous one, yet either way, she still mourned their loss to the living world.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 1:26

Deerpaw sensed that Brighteye was saddened by Mistlebright's death. but it was moons ago, and she now sees the warrior everyday, doesn't she? maybe... even dead cats grieve for the living...

"Thank you. I think I'll go now," she whispered as the white she-cat in front of her slowly faded.

PostSubject: Re: Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey   Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Deerpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: