Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 16:08

"Let all cats old enough to climb a tree gather beneath the Tallbranch for a clan meeting!" He called out from on top of the Tallbranch. The light was pale and cold, just as cold as the frozen landscape around them. Bloodstar's mind wandered briefly to Wolfcall and Juniperlight. He hoped they were doing okay in this weather. Had they not found a better place for Skyclan to go yet? Bloodstar hoped whatever they found, it would be a warm place... He'd had more than enough snow and cold to last him the rest of all nine of his lives. Pulling himself back to the here and now and the fact that he should not be grumpy during this ceremony... his eyes scanned the crowd for Mountainpaw.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2889

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 21:58

Mountain walked out of the app den hearing a ceremony being called.

He rolled his eyes always an announcement what was it this time? he sat down annoyed.  He looked up at Bloodstar waiting for whatever it was to be announced.

(OOC: I absolutely hate playing Mountainpaw XD )
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 22:22

Once his eyes settled on Mountainpaw and the clan had gathered, Bloodstar began.

"Mountainpaw step forward. It is time for you to become a warrior. I, Bloodstar, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Mountainpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

He knew Mountainpaw tended to have an attitude, but if he learned to save it for his enemies then hopefully that meant Bloodstar wouldn't have to send him right back into the apprentice den. Because he would, if Mountainpaw wasn't careful.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 22:54

Mountainpaw grew a little excited as he realized this was his ceremony.

He stepped forward happy to get attention. He gave a quick nod to the leaders question yup he responded super casually as if he was replying to whether or not he wanted to go on a hunt.  He didnt treat his response like it was anything special.

he sat down licking his front paws acting as if this was about as important to him as any other normal day.  What exactly was so cool about being a warrior anyways? the names didnt mean anything to him nor the rank... no all that mattered to him was how well he could skin his enemies or anyone who stood in his way this was all just formalities.  But he would play along with it the one positive was that he would not have to train under Beechfa anymore.  He hated Beechfa and was already thinking of ways he could get her killed in an unfortunate "accident"

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 6:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 23:19

Beechfang truthfully wasn't sure that Mountainpaw was ready to be a warrior. Never had she met an apprentice so difficult or self-absorbed, and considering she'd trained alongside Dawnhawk, that was saying something. Even he hadn't been such an unholy brat without provocation, and Beechfang could now admit that she'd done her fair share. Mountainpaw though... More often than not Beechfang found herself wanting to raise claws against him during training. The one thing stopping her being how hard she'd worked to get to where she was. She wouldn't waste the opportunity Bloodstar had given her by clawing a bratty apprentice, no matter how tempting it was.

Her ears flattened as he made a mockery of the oath. To her it was obvious he didn't care about being a warrior, and didn't care at all about the clan. Beechfang couldn't quite hide the look of frustration and disgust at Mountainpaw as the ceremony progressed, and not for the first time she wondered why in the void Ashstorm had given him to her for an apprentice. If she'd wanted her sister to slowly lose her mind, it was working. At least she'd no longer be obligated to train him or spend time with him beyond sharing a den... And that thought almost made the scarred she-cat yearn for the stuffy, lonely confine of the den she'd spent the better part of her life despising.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 0:17

Hollypaw sat in the small gathering of cats, head tilted in intense interest. Normally, warrior ceremonies made her excited — imagining her own, of course — or irritated, because she should’ve been one first. (In her opinion.) But in this case, she was mostly... morbidly fascinated. (Because the way her Aunt Beechfang was looking — and Hollypaw was sitting right beside her — Mountainpaw might not make it to warrior.) Hollypaw shared a den with the tom, but never knew he’d be so bold as to look bored at his own warrior ceremony.

If she thought about it too much, it’d probably be infuriating. (He was getting what Holly always wanted.) But when she didn’t, she was just floored.

I wouldn’t act like that if I were you, Hollypaw wanted to say. My aunt is training to kill bears. I doubt she’d cry over you. It was restrained, but Holly felt such a powerful sense of loathing from her aunt. And it could’ve been her scars, but it seemed to promise violence. But then, Mountainpaw clearly knew these things, and didn’t care. (Honestly, he didn’t seem to care about much of anything.)

It was horrible for her Aunt, who Hollypaw of course admired (and wanted to remember to take her bear-hunting, so she had to stay in her good graces!). But... maybe... she was also a tiny bit impressed. And curious. You didn’t want to be the one to make her Aunt Beechfang snap, she was starting to understand, but if you were there when it happened you’d want to watch.
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 11:07

Bloodstar was already not interested in being in the cold and was trying to not be a grump for the apprentice's warrior ceremony... but the casual carelessness of Mountainpaw caught his attention. Mountainpaw did not want this kind of attention. After the apprentice's "yup" and nonchalant attitude toward becoming a warrior, a very long and tense silence followed. Bloodstar stared down the apprentice and allowed the uncomfortable silence to linger.

"I didn't hear you," He finally said slowly and deliberately... a warning edge clear in his voice. "Say it again..." Bloodstar's claws were piercing the bark now. He didn't want to be out in the cold and the snow enough as it was. He was not about to deal with an ungrateful apprentice on top of it.

To break tradition so casually was a direct challenge to Bloodstar himself.

And he wasn't interested in being challenged.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 11:37

Mountainpaw stared back into his leaders eyes unflinching.  He was no coward and was a complete hot head if the leader wanted a stare-down he would get one.

He sat there staring up at the leader I think you heard me perfectly well but Ill repeat myself for your deaf elderly ears since they are all torn up and scared. he said coldly not flinching a muscle.  He did not care about anything and wanted to show his clan he was fearless and would stand up to any one of them.

I said YUP he said much louder this time. He was ice cold, unflinching.

Mountainpaw did not even think he was doing anything wrong.  In his head this was a test by bloodstar to test if he would stand his ground.  He would.  He didnt even realize how disrespectful he was being to him it was all just more games and tests given to him.  However if someone pointed out his disrespectful ways he would see it as an added bonus.

He kept staring up into the leaders eyes squinting slighly.  Now... If you are ready we can continue I think we are all tired of being out here in the cold. he said in a truly neutral tone.  So move me up or keep me as an apprentice I could truly care less... names mean nothing at the end of the day its how well you can skin your oppnent in battle he hissed keeping eye contact with bloodstar the whole time.  But if you keep me as an apprentice move me to someone besides old half face he hissed flicking his tail toward beechfang insulting her half face.

Making cats mad was a specialty of his and this day was no exception.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 12:11

Bloodstar let out a very long, very loud sigh. He wasn't dealing with this. No one was. He jumped off of the branch and landed with a loud thump onto the ground below, right in front of Mountainpaw. "Due to your unwillingness to lay down your life for your clan and your lack of knowledge of clan life and tradition, I will have no choice but to send you back into the nursery. Mountainkit, when you have learned to act like a respectful apprentice, you may be apprenticed again. Until then, you are confined to the nursery with the other kits... unless you are going to prove to me here and now that you are ready to be a warrior. You can either say the traditional words, more humbly this time, or you can try sparring with me and show me what you learned. If I find you absolutely exceptional, I will promote you regardless of your attitude. After all... it only matters how well you can skin your opponents, right? Prove that you even can, apologize and say the traditional words that I know your mentor has taught you, or go back into the nursery. Your choice."

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 12:28

"or you can try sparring with me and show me what you learned."

That was all Mountainpaw needed to hear. Without waiting to be told again he let out a loud hiss

So be it. Bring it on! You want a fearless cat im just that! Im not backing down!

He pounced at the much bigger cat. He knew he would lose there was no way he was winning this ,that was not the point. The point was to show Bloodstar his fearlessness that was what it meant to be a warrior right? To fight no matter the odds to never back down. If the leader wanted a fearless cat then he would show him that was exactly what he was.

I may be stupid and nontraditional but dont ever say I back down from a fight! No matter the odds

He smacked into the leader his front paws out. He kept his claws in. He was not going to use those against a clanmate. Bloodstar said this was a spar not a fight.

Mountainpaw used Jumping strike First attack bonus added for -9 hp and -7 sp

Mountianpaw:
hp: 20/20
sp: 53/60

Bloodstar:
hp: 71/80 (I assume Bloodstar is a T5??? so 70+ 10 for 80 total star bonus please correct in your post if wrong)
sp: 160/160

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:04

The smaller tom came flying at him. Something something words something something... whatever. Sheathed paws slapped almost uselessly against his battle-hardened, bulky form. Mountainpaw might as well have been a cloud of butterflies for all that Bloodstar reacted. The giant tom chuckled, meaning to be as rude and degrading as he could be. His nasty, torn-lip grin stayed on his face for a moment before his teeth struck down for Mountainpaw's scruff.

Bloodstar yanked the smaller tom off of his feet and shamelessly shook him around, driving home just how much larger he was than the apprentice and how pointless his endeavor was. After a few shakes, meant to be a taunt just as much as a battle move, Bloodstar pivoted on his heel and whirled the smaller cat, let go, and tossed him into the tree that held the Tallbranch.

"Attacking an opponent with a much larger body than your own head-on is suicide. You couldn't even dream of out-muscling me. An apprentice that paid attention to their mentor instead of acting like a know-it-all brat would have known this."

While the apprentice was recovering at the base of the tree, Bloodstar was already drudging forward, ready to finish the job.

Bloodstar used Scruff Shake, dealing 10 (+2 to Star Striker) damage and -20SP

Bloodstar
71HP / 140SP (-20SP)

Mountainpaw
Stunned for one turn
8HP / 53SP (-12HP)

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by Tara on Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:07; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:04

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony Mistpe10
Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:14

The leader said something but Mountainpaw didnt focus on it.  He just wanted to fight.

He leapt back at the leader smacking him with heavy paws.

Mountainpaw used random recall Mountainpaw used Front strike

Bloodstar
63HP / 140SP

Mountainpaw
10HP /47 SP

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:35

He could tell the apprentice still wasn't listening. Very well... time to end it and send him into the nursery. Bloodstar didn't bother speaking again. Mountainpaw came at him with the same mistake, head-on. In that case... Bloodstar lowered his head and pushed off of the ground with strong hind-legs.

He'd show the younger tom he wasn't the only one that was hard-headed.

Bloodstar used Headbutt, dealing 7 (+2 to Star Striker) damage and -5SP

Bloodstar
63HP / 135SP (-5SP)

Mountainpaw
K.O. Pending
-1HP / 47SP (-9HP)

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:42

Mountainpaw sees him coming but expected it.  He gets ready to jump out of the way

Rolling dice to see what happens

he slides out of the way as Bloodstar sails past him he counter attacks and hits him as he flys by midair he strikes at Bloodstars exposed underbelly.  Nice miss... You think I don't learn? I am smaller but still quicker. Now come on finish this! You are having alot more trouble against me than I figured you would.... Perhaps Dawnhawk left for that reason. He saw the weakness in his father he hisses he wanted to make his opponent mad, angry opponents made mistakes and he needed all the help he could get. He spins around facing him again.

Mountainpaw dodged successfully and counterattacked.  Regains back to previous health of 8

Bloodstar
58HP / 135SP (-5HP)

Mountainpaw
8HP / 40SP (-7sp)

Attack dodged.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountainpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next