Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2870

Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) Empty
PostSubject: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyWed 22 Dec 2021 - 17:27

Mountainkit sat outside the nursery bored he was on the older side as far as kits went and was so ready to become an apprentice.

He scowled looking around camp.  A clever solution came to his mind to ease his boredom he would do what he usually did... start trouble.

He made his way to the edge of the camp where a thorn bush was that was guarding an entrance.  His eyes darted around quickly making sure no one was watching.  Carefully he broke of the sharpest thorn he could find with his jaws.  Holding it between his teeth he walked directly towards the elders den.

He tiptoed as silently as he could over to the nests of the elders and buried the thorn in the moss bedding that was there, the next stupid elder to take a nap would get a little ... gift he smirked evilly served those spotted cats right.

He disliked the idea of elders altogether anyways so that was an added bonus, elders were a waste of resources in his mind, especially during such harsh leaf-bears.  He snuck back out, chuckling to himself if nothing else this would be a great source of entertainment.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 0:54

Orchidmask had done plenty of work so far today; she had been on a hunting patrol that morning, a quick border check along the ThunderClan line, and she had helped fetch new bedding for the queens and elders.  During the winter it was important for the youngest and the oldest to have fresh, dry bedding to prevent colds or even worse illnesses.  Content in her contributions, for now, the long-furred colorpoint warrior had settled down on a warm stone, icy eyes half-closed.  However, the sneaky movements of a kit caught her attention, and she lifted her head to follow him.  She didn't know the kit's name, but she did know that he was part of one of the families who seemed to be stuck in some weird, frankly dumb rivalry.  What did they call each other, the Spots and the Solids?  Well, they're all Clan-born of course, they have time to be wrapped up in something so petty.  

She was about to leave the kit to his own devices when she noticed what he had in his mouth, and the serious she-cat's eyes narrowed.  A thorn?  Concern turned to worry which turned to fury as she watched this little punk tuck the thorn inside the brand new bedding which she had just collected with a proud little grin on his face.  "Hey!"  Leaping up and off the rock, the imposing warrior jogged over to flash the kitten a harsh glare, upper lip curled in a disdainful snarl.  "I saw that.  What do you think you're doing, huh?  I just collected that bedding, do you think ruining another cat's hard work for a cruel prank is funny?"  She couldn't imagine the shame she would've endured if she hadn't caught this kit in the act, what if someone had thought she had been the one to plant the thorn there?  This thought only made her angrier, and she-cat stretched up to her full height, glaring down through piercing icy eyes.  "What's your name kit?"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:40

Mountainkit rolled his eyes as some she cat meowed away scolding him over a harmless little prank that would have been so funny if she hadn't ruined it.

Yes I do think its funny, those elders have it coming to them they are stripes after all he meowed straight up, he saw no reason to lie, lying was for spotted and stripped cats, there was no honor there. He licked his front paws nonchalantly as if nothing was really wrong or out of the ordinary about his actions. He didn't understand why Orchidmask was so upset, it was just a prank and anything was worth curing his boredom, even the pain of another cat.... especially the pain of another cat.  He grinned slightly sadistically looking straight back into the older cats eyes what you gonna do about it? he said boldly not backing down he even took a step towards her puffing out his chest... Gonna smack a kit? I dare you, hit me do your worst he spat disrespectfully.

As mountainkit was still a kit this looked completely ridiculous and would have made for a funny show for anyone watching.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 2:16

Orchidmask couldn't believe the audacity this little runt had, talking back, puffing his chest, and squaring up to a warrior of his own clan?!  She was honestly stunned; why, if I had ever done anything like that, my mother would've boxed my ears!  However, no emotion showed on her face, and she even made an effort to conceal her anger.  She simply glowered down at the oh-so-confident little gremlin and spoke in a low, clear growl.  "It's not wise to pick a fight with your own clanmate kid, much less a warrior.  Bloodstar doesn't take this sort of behavior lightly, and I recommend if you don't want him to get involved that you follow my words carefully."  Bending down to eye level, Orchidmask placed a paw firmly on the kit's shoulder and made steady eye contact, her voice a scolding rumble.  

"First, you're going to remove that thorn from the bedding with your own two paws.  Second, you're going to march right into the elder's den and apologize to every cat in there and explain what you did.  Last, you're going to walk over to the nursery and tell your mother what you just tried to pull.  Are we in agreement?  You're also going to tell me your name, since you just neglected to do so when I asked."  She wasn't going to let this disrespectful kit get away with his actions without proper consequences, but she also wasn't going to let him have the satisfaction of getting under her skin.  She was a warrior, she worked hard for her status and achievements and this kit would have to learn eventually that immaturity would not serve him well in the real world; and she had to admit that she was quite happy to teach him that lesson.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 8:58

Mountainkit hissed slightly. He rolled his eyes.

Start a fight? I was just standing my ground, if you wanna start a fight I think Bloodstar would see it as a warrior picking on a little kit...I never said anything about a fight.
Would that make you feel powerful? Beating up a kit? I dare you I double-dare you! Come on do your worst and hit me I can take it, I won't even tell Bloodstar.
he moved even closer to her putting his face as close to hers growling ... since he was a scrap of fur next to her he had to look up almost directly.

How had she not heard of him? He was of the solid family the most important in skyclan.
I'm Mountiankit son of Asterdream and Cinnamondusk... and who are you? Starstar probably cause you are so bossy? .... Or maybe Busynose cause you always sticking your nose where it doesnt belong he answered with the added insult.

He listened to her other ideas

Tell the elders what he did? uh ok sure

Sure I dont care Ill tell the elders straight up what I think of them. I'll tell them they should watch out cause this won't be the last time I do something to them and next time it will be MUCH worse. he said as threatening as he could... (which was not that scary as it was coming from a kit)

Tell his mother? Like she would care?

He smirked Ha mom will probably congratulate me on taking the fight to those stripe fleabags your doing me a favor Starstar he meowed wanting to get under her skin... She was pretty self controlled he was surprised she hadn't done something more ... direct, he was hoping she would have and still hoping she would

Remove the thorn himself?
hmm pretty sure the warrior code says its apprentices jobs to take care of elders bedding and the such ... maybe you could get one of them to do it... or you could if you want to be an apprentice for the day he sneered

he sat down in defiance and hoped for a big reaction. This was entertaining to him ... at least he was not bored anymore.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 20:44

Orchidmask refused to move back or react as Mountainkit's face came threateningly close to her own, though since he was vastly shorter than her even when she was bending down the only response to his words was a dry huff of a laugh.  "Well, Mountainkit, sorry to disappoint but my name is Orchidmask, and it's a warrior's job to protect the elders, queens, and kits from danger.  So no, I will not be hitting or fighting you, despite your insistence."  It was beginning to be difficult for her to keep the sheer amount of annoyance and disdain she was feeling under wraps, especially when the kit tried to twist her orders to his own gain.  Truthfully, she began to wonder if his parents would care at all; they seemed to be wrapped up in all this family rivalry nonsense as well, but she could only hope that they would have enough sense to see that their child had gone too far.

Stepping back, Orchidmask flicked her ear towards the pile of moss and swept her tail across the snowy ground, beckoning Mountainkit forward.  "Correct, so you do know something about the Warrior Code.  However, this doesn't apply.  Apprentices and warriors already did their part to collect the bedding, you're the one who defiled their hard work.  My hard work actually, since like I said earlier, I gathered most of this pile.  So go ahead, pick it out,  I have much more important things to do than wait around for disrespectful little kits."  During leaf-bare it wasn't uncommon for warriors to collect bedding alongside the apprentices, since there was much more to gather and maintain, so she didn't feel any shame in admitting that to the kit.  However, she started to wonder just how long this battle of wills would go on for; she was supposed to go on another hunting patrol soon, but her current task needed to be completed before anything else.  That task being humbling this arrogant little furball.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 23:32

Mountainkit rolled his eyes once again, this had been alot of fun but he knew he couldn't exactly win this argument. The win was the fun of having it, and not being so bored, however he did wish that he could have annoyed Orchidmask to the point of her breaking and attacking him. That would have been cool, to see a warrior at their full strength.

He could hear her annoyance and distain very clearly, just a little further and maybe she would snap.

let her hit you, you are a defenseless little kit everyone will see what a bully she is and you can see the full power of a warrior up close he thought insanely.

He wanted to know what battle was like he was bored out of his mind in camp and couldn't wait to get into a battle... what was it like to get hurt? he had no idea but was crazy enough to want to find out.

hmm there must be a way to annoy her further he thought to himself.

And what if I don't he asked testing just how far he could go. He sat down and groomed his front paws looking completely disinterested in whatever she was saying, but he was listening very carefully to every word.

When she talked about more important things to do he knew he had to act or she would move along and he would be back to being bored again... alright so let her have a small win, that was fine if it meant getting to argue more.

He rolled his eyes and got up walking over to the elders bedding for the thorn. Seeing it he picked it up carefully removing it from the elders nest.
Best be careful, maybe I will move it to your bedding next! he wasn't really serious with that but she would be checking her nest from now on he bet, and who knows... if the opportunity arose he might just do that.

Happy? he asked as he safely discarded the thorn back where it had come from.

You know no one would have been that hurt by that, it was just a small prank
There was multiple reasons for saying this, it allowed him to play off any punishment as unfair or too harsh for such a "small offense" and it let him push her further maybe she would snap.

Now then since I'm doing apprentice tasks of taking care of our furball elders think I could go hunting with you? as an apprentice reward? its boring here in camp

hmm yes insult the elders as furballs to push her further
hmm ask for something ridiculous she would probably never agree to

if she kept her cool during all this he would be surprised. He had tried to get Beechfang to snap at him and attack, but that hadn't worked, then again he hadn't pushed as hard with the half-face.

maybe insulting the half-face around Orchidmask would do it? Were they related? Maybe that was the trick.
This clan is too full of elders anyways...weak... and cats with half a face like that Beechfang, shouldn't even be here he sneared hoping for a big reaction.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyWed 29 Dec 2021 - 20:47

Orchidmask sat back with the ever so faint hint of a smile as Mountainkit approached and plucked the thorn out the bedding, feeling the same sort of satisfaction as she felt after making a difficult catch, or defeating an opponent in battle.  Victory.  However, it seemed the little tom wasn't quite done backtalking, and the warrior's frown returned in full force as she got to her paws.  "Better a warrior than an elder.  Older cats have thinner, more sensitive skin, and thinner fur.  They can get infections easily, what seems like a simple thorn poke to you can have dire consequences.  Regardless, pranks are inefficient and immature, they waste time that could be spent doing worthwhile tasks."

The large colorpoint she-cat raised an incredulous eyebrow as the kit tested his boundaries, asking to go hunting with her.  "If I don't recall, I believe you have two other tasks to do?  And wouldn't that be a reward rather than a punishment?  I think not."  Flicking her long fluffy tail towards the elder's den, Orchidmask's serious face became a few shades deeper as the little rebel kept going, insulting one of the most senior members of the clan.  What is with this kit?!  Has no one taught him any sort of respect?  She took a deep breath, eyes flashing up towards the sky above as if calling for assistance from StarClan themselves, and stared Mountainkit dead in the eye.  "Listen here you little know-it-all, without the power and sacrifices of elders and medicine cats - which Beechfang used to be - the clans would be nothing more than rag-tag groups of desperate rouges.  You might be too young to see that, but you're also too young to be insulting cats much wiser and well respected than yourself.  This behavior isn't going to fly once you're an apprentice, so you best choose your words carefully in the future."

She was done dealing with this situation, and wanted to just turn and walk away and leave him to do his tasks but she knew as soon as she turned her back he likely would just abandon her orders.  Instead, she sat firmly in the snow, gaze steady and waiting for a challenge.  Is this what it'll be like to have an apprentice?  To have kits?  StarClan have mercy...

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2021 - 0:00

Mountainkit sighed rolling his eyes As far as the elders go... as I said I really couldnt care what they think so Ill go "apologize" to them...
he flicked his tail in anger.  He was basically always angry but hey, at least now he was getting some attention so that was not all bad.

He walked over to an older looking elder there (Smokefeather) Ahemmm excuse me oh ancient one... he called out meaning it as a full on insult, but it was innocent enough to get away with especially for a kit.

This she cat here thinks I owe you an apology. You see I thought it would be funny if I put a thorn into your bedding... In fact I still think it would be funny.  But miss bossy over there thinks otherwise... he meowed

So from the very bottom of my cold undead heart... Sorry he meowed half sarcastically, he needed to keep it somewhat believable.

He shot a look over to Orchidmask  as if to say oh pleassseee .  You think this is a punishment for me? I ENJOY this.

Off to see my mom next? If you like me you are gonna love her he called out to orchidmask. Mountainkit shuddered slightly when he said that. He hoped it wasnt noticeable. He didnt shudder out of fear of any punishment... no this was something much deeper.  These so called "punishments" were nothing to him but when he mentioned his mother there was a flash of true fear in the kits eyes.

Perhaps Orchidmask  would not notice.

Perhaps Orchidmask would pass it off as just being afraid of a punishment that his mother would give.

The truth was much darker... but he wasnt about to let that be revealed. no the truth would be buried  where it belonged.

come on i'm sure mom will be delighted to meet you he stood up walking towards the nursery. Mountainkit actually did check to see if Orchidmask was following an odd behavior, the kit usually would have just started walking and not cared if someone was going to follow through with it or not.

Well Orchidmask could have a .... funtime meeting his mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)   Idle paws turn to evil ways (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Idle paws turn to evil ways (open)
Page 1 of 1