Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Floral Visions (C)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 16:49

Sleep had arrived quickly to Basilbloom that evening, as it had been a lot lately.  It was strange, the young medicine cat couldn't seem to pinpoint the source of her exhaustion; it could be the cold weather, or her heart, but despite taking naps and relaxing a bit more than usual her mind was fuzzy and seemed to be playing tricks on her.  Sighing, she nestled her way deep into her feather-lined bed and floated away as the sun rose, the gentle snores of Loudnose, Pinekit, and Shallowkit fading from her ears.

She awoke in a dream.  A gentle breeze stirred Basilbloom's pelt from her spot on a grassy ridge, carrying with it the warmth of new-leaf. Closing her eyes, the medicine cat leaned into it with a smile, welcoming the wonderful scents and temperature she knew she wouldn't return to. Taking a slow breath, she allowed herself to relax in her imagination, listening to the sweet birdsong.

After a few moments had passed, Basilbloom slowly reopened her eyes and felt her breath catch in her throat when she realized her surroundings had changed. No longer was she standing on the peaceful ridge that looked like somewhere familiar, but a strange, well-kept field.  Trees dotted the landscape, and familiar plants bloomed around her in excess– daisy, marigold, dandelions, poppies –but one in particular caught her eye. She couldn't quite make out which it was, except for its color, its shape. It was almost like the plant was too far away, a vague blur against the other herbs' sharp features, but felt close enough to touch. What she could make out though was that the flower was a purplish hue, coming to a head in a rounded shape that sat above the petals.  Overcome with curiosity, she tried to move closer but before she could her surroundings changed once again, the strange yet sweet perfume of the plant lingering in her nostrils.

The world around her spun, tipping her out of the field and into the well-trimmed grass bordering a Twoleg's nest; after that, the Thunderpath, shockingly empty; and then right back into her den. After recovering from the whiplash, she realized that the stench of infection and sickness clung to the stagnant air, chasing away the flower's fragrance.  However, she couldn't make out any cats in the den except herself, just shadows. Where are they, I need to help them! Basilbloom reached out her paws, trying to reach the cats in need; before she could though, the dream crashed down around her, and she was greeted by the sharp air of leaf-bare. Opening her amber eyes with a small cry, Basilbloom gazed around her den, realizing that everything was normal.  The reek of sickness had left her den, and Loudnose was quietly curled in his nest nearby. Something stirred in her chest; a pull, or more specifically a weight, left by the dream...  What...was that?  It was so vivid, like a dream from StarClan.  Her heart was still beating fast, and she got to her paws and padded to the entrance of the den, looking out at the snow-dusted clearing.  Endless questions raced in her mind; where was that place I saw, and what was that flower?  I don't think I've ever seen a plant with that purple hue before.  She could still recall its scent.  Closing her eyes, she tried to imprint everything she saw in the dream to memory, and to her surprise, the details didn't run from her like her usual nightly dreams.  It feels like I've just dreamed at the Moonstone...but why?  As she turned to return to her nest, however, a sudden flash of color make her whip around to face a nearby bush, the rising sun making its frosty leaves glow.  That purple color, those petals...when she blinked though, it was gone once more.

As the days went by, it seemed the dream was haunting Basilbloom like a playful kit, always popping up when she was least expecting it.  She could see the purple petals of the strange flower in the tall grass and berry bushes, but when she tried to grab it there was nothing there.  Whiffs of the flower's sweet scent drifted to her on the breeze, but when she asked her companions if they could smell it too they gazed at her with confused and slightly concerned expressions.  Over and over again, almost to the point of annoyance, but truthfully it was only making Basilbloom's curiosity grow stronger.  There must be a reason that I'm having these visions, surely.  The dream hadn't recurred since that night, but she could still remember every detail like it was just a moment ago, and she was starting to get an idea about how to line the pieces up.  Finally, with a deep breath and a final glance at the bush where she had - again - just seen the purple enigma, Basilbloom crossed the camp to where she knew her mother was resting in her den and stepped inside, bowing her head apologetically.  "I'm sorry to disturb you Mama, but...I need to speak with you."  Sitting down with her tail wrapped around her front paws, she took a moment to think before she meowed in a serious tone; "I've been receiving what I think are visions from StarClan, and several nights ago, I believe they sent me a dream as well."

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 17:02

Murkystar's head lifted as she heard someone enter head den, her eyes opening as Basilbloom's voice reached her ears. Her daughter sounded... Rushed, distracted, maybe even concerned. She stretched her front legs out before rising to sit back on her haunches, stifling a yawn as she looked to the medicine cat, and focus on what she was saying. Visions from StarClan? A dream? A prophecy, perhaps... "Tell me everything, Basilbloom. Perhaps we can figure it out together."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Floral Visions (C) Giphy
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 17:30

Basilbloom nodded, and couldn't help smiling.  "I hope so, I haven't been able get it off of my mind for days."  Closing her eyes for a moment, she figured that she would start from the beginning.  "This happened a little after the half-moon, I dreamed that I was standing on a ridge in new-leaf, nothing out of the ordinary to what I would normally dream of.  However, my surroundings changed, and I was suddenly standing in a field.  It was odd though, the place was unnaturally tidy and maintained, not something that cats would do.  I saw herbs there, like marigold, daisy, and poppies, but also one flower I didn't recognize."  She had seen its ghost so many times now she thought she would have no trouble describing it, but she grasped for details.  "It was a purple-ish pink color, and about the size of a marigold bloom.  The center was round and raised above the petals...it was blurry, that's about all I could make out.  It has a sweet scent though.  When I tried to reach for it, I saw scenes of Twolegplace, like a Twoleg nest and a Thunderpath, before I ended up back in my den."  She paused, this had been the most confusing and unpleasant part of the dream and her face showed it.  "I could smell sick cats and infection, but I couldn't see them or help them.  When I tried to find them, I woke up."

Ever since then I've been seeing visions of that flower.  The color has been hiding in the bushes when I collect herbs, and I can smell its scent in the breeze when no one else can.  It's so strange, I've truly never seen a plant like that before on our land, and I've never heard any of the other medicine cats mention it.  I...I think I have a theory on what this all means, but what do you think?"
 Her suggestion would be outlandish, and she wanted to know if her mother could see the same signs she could.  She couldn't deny though the insistent tug in her chest whenever she thought about this strange flower, a mix of apprehension and excitement that sent her brain swirling.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 7:11

Murkystar smiled back, uncertain but hopeful that they could work together to come to a conclusion. Hopefully a simple, straightforward one. She listened in silence as Basilbloom described what she had seen and felt, feeling more and more confused and uneasy with each detail. There seemed to be many unknowns regarding the dream Basilbloom had, but Murkystar couldn't think of a time that she had ever seen anything even close to what Basilbloom described. She chewed on what had been revealed for several heartbeats. If it had been something familiar, they could attribute it to a very elaborate dream... But something so deliberately unfamiliar and mysterious... Well, surely it had to be StarClan. What else could it be? No crowfood had been discovered amongst the fresh-kill pile, despite the freezing temperatures. Especially with the way that the dream kept shifting from place to place. "I've never seen anything like you've described either, and without knowing the scent I can't say for sure if I recognize it.. But given the nature of this dream, I feel that this is a message from StarClan, and that there is something about this plant that is important, but I don't know why or how. Twolegplace is on the far side of SkyClan and ThunderClan territory, far from ShadowClan, I don't know of any cats currently in ShadowClan that have ever experienced it... If Fangsnap still tread among the living he might have been able to offer more insight. What's your theory, Basilbloom?"

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Floral Visions (C) Giphy
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 12:49

Basilbloom was simultaneously disappointed but expectant to her mother's answer, nodding thoughtfully in return.  "There's no doubt in my mind that it came from StarClan, it felt just as vivid and real as going to the Moonstone, and the visions..."  She paused for a moment, considering what she was about to say a bit anxiously, before taking a deep breath.  "Mama, I think that StarClan wants me to find this flower.  Guessing by the sweet scent and the fact that I keep seeing it when I hunt for herbs, I think it could be useful to medicine cats in some way.  I wouldn't go alone, of course, but before I do anything I want to consult the other medicine cats...and maybe the other leaders too."  The thought of standing before one rival clan leader much less four of them made her shiver, but she continued on.  "I need to see if any of the other medicine cats have heard about this flower, and if not...I want to invite them to find it with me.  If my hunch is right, and this flower is some sort of herb, then the other clans should get a chance to share in this mystery!"  Her voice had been rising steadily, passion and a bit of excitement poignant in her tone, but she tried to calm down for her next words.  "Please, could you send messengers to the other clans asking the medicine cats and leaders to meet at Fourtrees tomorrow night?  I know tensions are high right now, but this is medicine cat business.  We are ordained by StarClan to be above those rivalries, for the good of all the clans."  Falling silent, she waited for Murkystar to respond, praying and hoping that she had not just ruined her chances at finding the answers she so desperately needed.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptySun 26 Dec 2021 - 13:12

Murkystar bit her tongue, her tail tip twitching back and forth as she listened to Basilbloom. She believed StarClan wanted her to find it... If no other cats in the clan knew what this strange flower was, and where to find it, that would be an extremely dangerous journey, especially in the midst of such a harsh leaf-bare. It would be difficult to lend the resources, especially with Basilbloom being their only medicine cat... Some clans had both medicine cat and medicine cat apprentice, but ShadowClan wasn't so lucky. She frowned, brows furrowing as she got to her paws and began to pace back and forth across her den. The end of Basilbloom's dream had been filled with illness... If they didn't have this flower, would that be what happened? Or was this a warning, that if the flower was used it could result in such sickness? After several long heartbeats, Murkystar sighed and glanced to her daughter, her paw steps slowing.

"We don't know that this flower is a good thing, at least not yet. Especially with this leaf-bare being as harsh as it is.... I'm very concerned and worried about you setting off to attempt to find something that may not be good, or even exist. We don't have any other medicine cat, and if white cough or stars forbid green cough breaks out... We'll be in trouble. And if these scenes of twolegplace are an indication as to where it can be found, then we have no one who can navigate or even make an attempt at guessing where to find it...." She started hesitantly, trying to voice her concerns before continuing. "However, if it is this important to you, I will send out the messengers directly. Depending on what the other medicine cats and leaders say, we can proceed from there." She mewed, moving towards the entrance of the den to call out to a nearby warrior, ordering them to select four other groups of two and wait at the border of each other clan to deliver the message, sending them on their way before turning back to Basilbloom. "This is only just the start, Basilbloom. If you have to find this plant, then we'll do what we can to support you."

Floral Visions (C) Giphy
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) EmptyMon 27 Dec 2021 - 14:18

Basilbloom shuffled her paws anxiously as she watched her mother contemplate the honestly audacious proposition she had just given her, amber eyes searching and analyzing every little flinch and crease on her face.  She was well aware of just how difficult such a journey this could be, especially in leaf-bare, but as doubts began to flood over her she saw it once again, tucked into the den walls.  Eyes fixing on the purple blur of a flower, Basilbloom took a deep breath and steadied herself.  She knew that this was something she needed to do, needed to find...and the thought excited her.  Finally, she met Murkystar's gaze.

Her mother echoed her own concerns, and she nodded her agreement, but just when she was sure the leader was about to deny her the opportunity to solve this mystery...she agreed to send messages, and Basilbloom couldn't hold back her overwhelming excitement.  "Oh Mama thank you, thank you!"  Jumping forward, she nuzzled her head under Murkystar's chin before stepping back, bright eyes flashing around the den as she thought of solutions.  "It's true we'll be without a medicine cat, but we'll have Batglow!  I could also show some cats a few of the different herbs and treatments to common ailments before I go, if we do go that is.  As for a guide..."  It was true that no cats she knew of in ShadowClan had knowledge of Twolegplace, but if the other clans agreed to her plan she knew there just had to be someone out there who did!  "I can ask the other medicine cats and leaders if any of their clanmates have knowledge like Fangsnap, I'm sure at least one does."

Basilbloom felt the burn of anticipation in her tiny chest, swelling her figure up into a confident stance. It's amazing, this is just what I wanted, something to bring importance and honor to ShadowClan's name!  Whether this flower turned out to be an herb or a poison, she had discovered it, and she was a part of ShadowClan.  Ambition aside though, the thought of a possible new medicine set her mind ablaze with questions and thoughts.  What could it be used for?  Infection?  Coughs?  Who knows!  The possibilities are endless, and I'll have to go discover what they are!  Purring, Basilbloom nuzzled her mother once more before turning to address the messengers.  Please let them come to the meeting, what good is a discovery if it can't be shared?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Floral Visions (C) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floral Visions (C)   Floral Visions (C) Empty

Back to top Go down

Floral Visions (C)
Page 1 of 1