Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Hunting We Will Go

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

A Hunting We Will Go Empty
PostSubject: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 3:55

Timbersun awoke, stretching his limbs and yawning, shaking up the bits of moss that clung to his short fur, Swiftspirit wasn't in the warrior's den at that moment. But he wasn't going to talk to her today, he had something else in mind. First, he approached the grey and white she-cat, Magpiepaw. "Hey Magpiepaw! Want to go hunting with Buzzardpaw and I? We could also look for shiny trinkets if you want to, I'm sure we could find some. Meet me at camp entrance if you want to." And with that, he quickly headed off.

He had to actually search for Buzzardpaw to find him. Finally, though he found him, he wasn't that far away from where he found Magpiepaw, though, so he mightve walked past him a few times. "Hey, bud! Want to go hunting with Magpiepaw and I? Just meet us at the camp's entrance when you're ready!" With a smile, he trotted off, sitting and waiting for his kits to come to him... Hopefully.

oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 4:47

The apprentice lay with his head on his paws, finding himself impossibly bored and without much to do. Sure, of course, there was always something to do, but nothing he ever actually found himself wanting to do, as selfish as that may have been- he wanted to be outside, hunting, or even following the scent of something interesting. He watched with intense curiosity as his father spoke to his sister, and then turned, searching the camp for a few moments, passing him by a few times, wondering to himself what he might have been trying to search for. Maybe Magpiepaw lost one of her trinkets? It was undeniable his sister owned many shiny objects, and that their father seemed to have a deep love for providing the presents, even if he rarely brought anything back for Buzzardpaw.

His thoughts were cut off abruptly as his father caught sight of him and came over, asking if he wanted to go hunting with his family. "Of course!" He answered immediately, leaping to his paws and bounding to the camp entrance to meet his sibling and father, tail waving in absolute excitement. "Let's go! Let's go!" Buzzardpaw chanted, a purr rumbling in his chest, happy his family was spending time together.

character profiles | aussie
Thistlemask | ThunderClan T4 Warrior | #9f0fa8
Grebedance | RiverClan T3 Warrior | #00bc91
Turtlepaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #eda324
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 9:39

Magpiepaw was pretty much awake, but her father's voice wiped the last traces of sleep from her mind. She flicked her ear in reply, mumbling a quiet, "One sec..." She was just getting to her paws when Timbersun left the den, but didn't join him outside until after checking her pile of knick-knacks, not as large as she would want it to be from an apprenticeship. However, she had still barely been out, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

She shook her pelt out quickly and made her way out of the den, her pale eyes still blinking in the light. It was strange how, no matter how cold it got, there were still days when the sun shone brightly, even though there was no warmth to be felt. "Hey Buzzard!" She greeted her brother. His tail was flicking all over the place with excitement, and Magpiepaw... just couldn't help herself. She pounced, kit-like and lacking in technique, onto Buzzardpaw's tail, catching it between her paws before it whipped away again. "Sorry! So what are we hunting? I haven't really learnt how to yet."

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go EmptyTue 7 Dec 2021 - 1:03

Timbersun didn't have to wait that long before both of the apprentices were next to him. He purred with a twinge of pride, gazing down at his two kits. They had both grown quickly, so had Goosepaw, but when he went to check on her, she was still sound asleep and Timbersun decided not to bother her. "Alright, alright," He chuckled at Buzzardpaw's excitement. "We'll start heading into the territory now." Making sure his two kits were following, he started walking onto the moor.

"Well, hunting patrols don't usually have a prey in mind that they want to catch, sure, maybe you wouldn't want to come across a hare or a big bird on your first hunting trip. Hares are almost as big as me, and big birds sometimes know how to fight back." He glanced back at Magpiepaw. "Of course, you would probably want to try and get the hunting pose perfect, first, but there's different techniques for different cats and different prey, so I'll show you it, make sure you get it right, then I'll let you go off on your own and you can see how you do."

He stopped walking when the group reached a small hill. "Alright, you can see most of the territory from here, so this will be a great vantage point for spotting prey." He could see what looked like a rabbit burrow, but it could've been any small hole from where he was standing. "Okay, pay attention to my crouch, it'll be very helpful for sneaking up on all kinds of prey, but the way you move in this crouch should be different depending on what kind of prey you'll be hunting, for rabbits, you want to be ready to run, as soon as you leap, so you might move your legs a little differently compared to catching a bird, because I don't think I've ever seen a bird run at all, let alone as fast as a rabbit." He joked, flicking his tail playfully, before dropping into a crouch. "Like this." He moved a bit to get into a comfortable position, yet he was still mostly hidden by the grass, unless you were looking from above.

He turned back to his kits with a smile. "Of course, if you already know how to do the crouch, you can run off and try to catch something, but if you think you need help, I'll be right here, until you've got it."

oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go EmptyWed 8 Dec 2021 - 4:12

He happily followed in his Timbersun's pawsteps, listening to him talk to his sister about different types of prey- it admittedly going in one ear, and immediately out of the other. He took in a deep breath, feeling the cold air tickle his throat, but finding it full of scents muted by the cold weather; some of fresh prey that he only recognised due to time by the fresh-kill pile but mostly of heather and grass; perhaps even the faint smell of rain that he was yet to fully recognise.

Buzzardpaw purred watching their father drop into a crouch, immediately mimicking it because he thought it was a little funny looking, not realising how it could help him to practice it in this way. "This feels a little funny," He said out loud, mostly to himself, standing up straight within a few heartbeats. His father invited them to try out what little they knew on what prey may have been around, and he couldn't deny how he wanted to rise to the challenge.

"Okay! I'll try it!" He tried to pick out the scent of anything around, late leaf-fall allowing it to be a little easier than the oncoming months would provide. He didn't need to figure the smell of anything as a young rabbit caught his vision, and he took off sneaking towards it, a little haphazardly as he lacked the caution a trained apprentice or warrior would have in his position. Unfortunately, the rabbit noticed him almost immediately - white pelt standing out against the golden tinged grass around - and fled immediately, but he took off too, closing the distance between the two and sinking his teeth into the rabbits neck, a purr rumbling in his own throat. He carried it in his mouth, padding fast towards his family, dropping it as he approached. "Look! I did it! I caught a rabbit!" He was full of excitement, eyes shining brightly despite the lack of direct sunlight.

Buzzardpaw attempted to catch a Rabbit, using 3 stamina. The catch was successful.

Buzzardpaw:
20/20 HP
57/60 SP

character profiles | aussie
Thistlemask | ThunderClan T4 Warrior | #9f0fa8
Grebedance | RiverClan T3 Warrior | #00bc91
Turtlepaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #eda324

Last edited by oryx on Wed 8 Dec 2021 - 4:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go EmptyWed 8 Dec 2021 - 4:12

The member 'oryx' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

A Hunting We Will Go Mistpe10
A Hunting We Will Go Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting We Will Go   A Hunting We Will Go Empty

Back to top Go down

A Hunting We Will Go
Page 1 of 1