Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm

Yet another apprentice was in need of a moonstone journey, and so Muddythorn was ready. The clan's plethora of apprentices meant a lot of work and walking for the medicine cat, and many nights with interrupted sleep, something he really did not appreciate. However, one thing he did enjoy about this part of the job was getting to know the apprentices on the walk there, meaning he at least had an idea of what each cat was like. Hopefully, in the future, it would also be helpful for finding an apprentice, but he didn't need one yet, no matter how hard Primroseligth tried to convince him. Sure, he wouldn't make Beechface's mistake, but he didn't need to rush into training an apprentice. He felt like he needed to be a bit more comfortable in the position first.

"Hey, Driftpaw? It's time, we need to get going to the moonstone!" Muddythorn gently roused the apprentice, in no hurry after being sure he had left enough time. He pushed a bundle of herbs towards the apprentice, having already eaten his own, "These'll keep your strength up and save time so we don't have to hunt."

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:00 pm

A white and gray shape yawned widely, and Driftpaw raised his head to blink blearily up at Muddythorn. "Hmm...? Whassat? Moonstone...? Oh, right," he mumbled, getting slowly to his paws. Newtspring had informed him a couple sunrises prior that he was ready to make the journey, so today was apparently the day. A rumble of excitement sparked in his chest and he gave his fur a hearty shake. He prodded the bundle of herbs at his paws, humming softly. "These fer me?"

Driftpaw leaned down and sniffed at the bundle. It didn't smell that bad...but when he lapped it up into his mouth, the taste was far worse. Trying his best not to gag, he hurriedly swallowed the bundle, a violent shudder of disgust running down his frame. "Moon an' stars...A-Alright, I'm ready now."

Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 11:57 am

Driftpaw wasn't the fastest to wake up and get going, which Muddythorn sympathised with a lot. But if lack of sleep was his only quarrel with being a medicine cat, then he saw no issue with it, even if he was often tired and had to sneak in naps during the day, a luxury which many warriors couldn't afford. "You'll wake up a bit when we start walking. Or when you eat those horrible herbs. I'm sorry about them, I truly am." He laughed the second part; apprentices' reactions to travelling herbs would definitely never get old,  even when he himself did.

The pair began the journey into the territory, cold air biting. Each day grew colder, but at least today there was no rain or sleet, the sky deceptively clear and sunny despite the low temperature. "How are you? I've heard Newtspring is supposed to be a good mentor." Mostly from his sister, who was the warrior's other apprentice.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:38 pm

Driftpaw braced himself against the biting cold, his pawpads already tingling from the snow on the ground. Yawning, he padded along after Muddythorn, casting tired glances around at the territory as they walked. There was a long journey ahead of them, but he was sure it would be well worth the trouble.

Muddythorn asked him a question, and he flicked an ear thoughtfully. "'M alright, training's going well. Newtspring is great, he's like...I dunno, he's like a big brother more than a mentor, y'know? I hope I can spend more time with 'im once I become a warrior. What about you, how's medicine-ing goin'? Is it hard without Beechface--uh, I mean, Beechpaw?"

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Sometimes Muddythorn did wonder if he would've enjoyed warrior training more if he'd had a better mentor. Instead, he'd ended up with Dawnhawk critiquing his every move, and that was when he wasn't busy being one of the leading figures of Asylum. But then again, after the exiled tom had left, his own mother had trained him, and even them he'd struggled to find enjoyment in it. "That's nice, it seems good mentors are one of the most important parts of making a good warrior."

"It can be a lot of work; I've done so many trips to the moonstone recently I think my paws might fall off. But I'm still enjoying it, and I hope it will stay that way for a while. Might get an apprentice soon, but I think I'm doing fine alone for now." The cold never ceased as the two walked, forest stretching out behind them and the moors ahead, highstones in the distance.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm

OOC: let's skip ahead now! I'm ready to get this thing over with lol

Driftpaw nodded slowly in agreement, listening carefully to the medicine cat. An amused purr rumbled from his chest; paws falling off felt pretty accurate at the moment. He realized he was slipping behind and pushed his legs harder to catch up, his breath forming in clouds in front of his nose as he panted in the cold air. "An apprentice, huh? Sounds hard. 'M sure you'll do a good job though, whenever you get one. I hope I do a good job when I get an apprentice, like Newtspring did with me. I dunno how good I'll be at actually teaching, though. But I'm glad you're doin' fine."

He fell silent after that, simply admiring the different views as the pair crossed over the different territories on their way to Highstones. If he could make this long journey in the snow, Driftpaw felt as if, perhaps, he could do anything.

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 6:55 am

Muddythorn nodded, and left the apprentice to watch as they walked. Their paws carried them across the different territories and up the slope that started the trek up to mothermouth, the snow growing thicker as they climbed higher. Slush framed the path, half-melted ice mixed with mud and small stones. The entrance to the cavern loomed ahead, and the medicine cat repeated what he did to every apprentice, "Stay close to me in the tunnels, it gets quite dark when you go deeper, so grab on to my tail if you need to. When you reach the moonstone, lay down beside it. You'll soon fall asleep and then meet with Starclan. Good luck." He said with a smile, before stepping into the darkness, ready for the bright light of the moonstone.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 12:34 pm

OOC: text here

Finally, much to Driftpaw's relief, they made it to Highstones. It took the plump apprentice some effort to make it up the slippery slope, but he reached the top, his heart thundering in his chest. This was it, he was about to meet with StarClan. Driftpaw held his tongue, listening carefully to Muddythorn's instructions. "Gotcha. I'm ready."

The pair dipped into the dark tunnel, and no matter how hard he tried, his eyes wouldn't adjust to the darkness. Muddythorn wasn't lying, it really was dark. They padded through the tunnel in what felt like forever, eventually coming upon a lit cavern. Blinking the stars in his eyes away from the sudden light, Driftpaw opened them again with a gasp. The Moonstone stood before him, and it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. He could hear his heart pounding in his ears now as his paws carried him forward. Slowly, reverently, he laid down beside it, tucking his paws under his frame to keep them warm. He stared hard into the stone for a moment, a shimmer of his own face staring back at him. Who would he meet? What would they tell him?

A compulsion told him to touch the stone. Driftpaw leaned forward and touched it with his nose, closing his eyes. Nothing happened for a moment, then his paws dropped out from under him. He was floating, weightless, and then his paws touched solid ground again. When he opened his eyes, he was standing in SkyClan's forest, alone. Was...this it? He looked around expectantly, quiet, afraid that if he spoke, he would somehow scare StarClan away.

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 4:11 pm

Out of the shadows of the trees padded a brown and white tabby she-cat, her sleek, somewhat transparent pelt glimmering with beautiful starshine.  However, the critical, somewhat serious expression on her angled face took away from the majesty, murky green eyes sharp and unreadable.  Stopping a few paces from Driftpaw, the young StarClan warrior inspected the tom, and a hint of amusement suddenly appeared in her eyes.  "Huh, for a moment I thought I had come to see the wrong cat.  No offense bud, but from a distance, you look like a plump fish-fed RiverClanner."  Chuckling a bit, the she-cat sat down on the grass and swept her long tail around her front paws.  "My name's Fernpetal, I was a SkyClan warrior long before Bloodstar was born.  Heck, long before even his parents were born.  So, what can I do for you?"  A bit blunt and to the point, but Fernpetal didn't know any other way than that.  The stars hadn't changed her much, she was still as 'tactless' as ever.

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 7:57 pm

A very pretty brown-and-white molly approached him seemingly from nowhere, and Driftpaw subconsciously straightened his posture. She smirked at him as she got nearer, running a calculating gaze over his figure. The apprentice felt his cheeks flush hot under his fur, and he shuffled his paws a little. "Oh, yeah, I know...I've been a bit too idle lately, I guess..." The warrior laughed, and he chuckled a little in response.

She introduced herself as Fernpetal, and Driftpaw took a seat before her. "Nice to meet ya, Fernpetal. 'M Driftpaw, but...y'probably know that already.  Uh, I've been thinkin' about what I was gonna ask ya on the way up here. Y'all are supposed to give advice, right? So, I was wonderin'..." He tucked his bushy tail around his paws, a rare frown finding its way onto his face.

"...I've realized that I lack...conviction, I guess. I see Bloodstar bein' so active an' engaged, and...I wanna be a good member of the Clan, but I can't seem to find that drive that he has. Do y'have any advice for me?" Driftpaw's eyes met Fernpetals, his gaze pleading.

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey   Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Driftpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1