Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 24 Oct 2021 - 16:29

Though the sun had not yet dipped near the horizon, the slowly deepening light of day promised that the sun would set soon, signaling that it was time for Basilpaw to rouse Mistlepaw and begin their journey to Highstones.  The easily-fatigued she-cat had been experimenting on what time was perfect for her to set out for the Moonstone so she would get there right on time, and late afternoon was what she had landed on.  Trotting over to the apprentice's den with a smile hidden behind the herbs clutched in her jaws, she placed the leaves and stems down before calling out into the bush; "Mistlepaw, it's time to leave my friend!  I have your herbs all ready to go!"  Letting her ringing purr linger in the den, she stepped back and waited patiently for the young she-cat to emerge.

Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 26 Oct 2021 - 11:28

Mistlepaw always slept lightly, and was easily woken by the medicine cat's call. The long journey to mothermouth was ahead of them, and she was glad that she had been able to sleep for as long as possible. Despite what some of her clanmates seemed to think, the apprentice had always seen Starclan as a distant, removed force from the clans. But as she had once heard someone say, at the end of the day, they were just dead cats, who had once been warriors like her. It still had an air of mystery around the whole affair, and she liked the idea of keeping it that way. "An early rise for a late night." She murmured softly as she stepped out of the den, ignoring the small clumps of moss that still clung to her long pelt. They would fall out soon as she walked, leaving behind a small trail. She ate the herbs quickly, making a small sound of disgust at their taste.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 1 Nov 2021 - 20:37

Basilpaw purred a friendly greeting to Mistlepaw as the younger she-cat emerged from her den and ate the traveling herbs.  "Ah, it is a bit early I suppose, but it can't be helped.  I don't know if you've heard, but I was born with a weak heart.  It takes me a bit longer than other cats to travel because I tire easily, but no matter.  Let's set off!"  It still felt awkward talking about her condition, but anyone she traveled with should know in case of emergency she supposed.  Shaking off the moment, the petite medicine cat apprentice led the way out of camp and towards the border of their territory, a bit of a skip in her step.

---

However, by the time the Mistlepaw and her arrived at Mothermouth Basilpaw was spent of most of her energy, and though the sun had already set she had to rest for a moment before continuing as the apprentice's guide.  Once her heart had stopped racing, Basilpaw flicked her tail and got to her paws, beckoning Mistlepaw to follow her into the cave.  The walk was short but dark, as always, but Basilpaw made sure she was always in reach in case the she-cat needed assistance.  Soon enough the two emerged into the Moonstone cavern, the bright stone glimmering with its usual brilliance.  Smiling at Mistlepaw, she whispered into her ear; "All you have to do is lay beside the stone and touch your nose to it's surface, and you'll fall asleep.  Very simple!  Good luck Mistlepaw."  Resting her tail for a moment across the bicolor apprentice's back, she found a spot to wait and set her eyes on the stars above, wondering which of them would be greeting her clanmate tonight.

Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 3 Nov 2021 - 7:42

Mistlepaw had expected the moonstone to look like the moon itself, or just a shiny rock. But the sight that met her wide eyes was much more impressive than that, mostly due to the way it lit the entire cavern. Not taking her eyes off it, she gave Basilpaw a small nod as she heard the instructions, and followed them slowly, her movements almost dream-like. And it wasn't long before she was falling into an actual dream.

---

Brighteye had been waiting a long time for tonight. Egretstorm had always been one of her most agreeable family members, and didn't have the cold exterior many of them (including herself) shared, and was sad when he joined her in Starclan. She had looked on, heart full of love, when her own previous mate took the young Mistlekit under his wing, caring for her like she was his own. And he had kits of his own, as well. Although she'd never known Murkystrike well, she could clearly see that she made Mistyfalcon happy and kept an eye on him, and that was all the starry she-cat could ask for. "Mistlepaw. Welcome."

The plains of Starclan stretched out in front of Mistlepaw, making even more wonder fill her eyes. She wasn't alone for long before another cat joined her, one familiar not by appearance, but by description. The warrior had mismatched eyes, but not in the same way as Marshpaw, who's irises were a swirl and smudge of different colours. Instead they were neat and kept to their own respective eye. She'd heard about a family member like that. "Cousin Brighteye? Papa used to talk about you sometimes, and Mistyfalcon does as well." Even though they weren't first cousins, whenever Egretstorm had mentioned the white warrior it was always as 'cousin Brighteye', and so that was what she was to her.

"That's me," Brighteye confirmed, a small smile spreading across her maw at the young cat's excitement. It would lovely to have a proper family reunion and catch-up, but as always the two were short on time. "I can only speak to you for so long, but I've had something I wanted to say to you, so you don't make the same mistakes I did." The last time she'd spoken to a living cat it had been during Bloodstar's leader ceremony, and her advice now was similar. "I told Skyclan's newest leader that he needed to find inner-peace, and although it is a quality which you hold more than many, be sure not to hesitate for too long. I can tell you're easily distracted, especially in your earlier training. A little pause can be good, and give you time to think things through instead of rushing head-long into decisions. But be sure not to wait for too long. Don't do what I did, and only realise what you need to do when it's too late." It was a lot to unload onto Mistlepaw, but she hoped the she-cat could handle it. She was smarter than she seemed, and knew when something was worth putting her mind to.

Mistlepaw was impressed that Brighteye had given a leader a life, even if she had no idea how it worked. It was probably just one of those many mysteries of the ancestors. However, instead of getting lost along that trail of thought, she focussed on remembering everything she was begin told. After a brief moment of silence when Brighteye finished speak, the grey-and-white apprentice spoke, "Are Mama and Papa there with you as well? I want to tell them how I'm not scared of the forest anymore."

She spoke with so much hope that the warrior felt her heart break slightly. "I am sorry, but that is not the way of the stars. But I know how proud they are that you've faced your fears, just like I am. Remember that feeling, of knowing you can face your worries and come out the other end just fine. Although I have to leave know, be sure to carry these moments with you into warrior hood. Your parents and I are always here watching you grow into who you're supposed to be."

And just like that Brighteye was gone and Starclan began to fade away in front of the apprentice's very eyes, pulling her back into the waking world, a little more confident than she'd been before.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistlepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1