Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 12:54

For about the fifth time, Muddythorn check the herb bundles were both complete, and that he hadn't missed any herb out. Normally, when he woke up to go to the moonstone, he was asleep on his paws pretty much until they reached Windclan territory. But today he was wide awake, nerves keeping him fidgeting. It was Beetlepaw's turn to meet with Starclan, and (because Beechface was still grounded) that responsibility would fall to Muddythorn. Better not mes it up. Not that there was much to mess up, but the tom was concerned that he would manage to do something wrong.

"Beetlepaw?" He padded into the apprentice's den, carefully stepping over the other cats until he reached the black tom. "It's time to go." Even though he spoke gently, he still prodded the apprentice with a paw, probably harder than was strictly necessary. In Muddythorn's defence, he himself was a deep sleeper, and was used to Beechface using much harsher methods to wake him up. He waited with the two herb bundles outside the den, and when Beetlepaw emerged, he pushed one towards him. "Eat these, they keep your strength up and mean we don't need to hunt on the way." After gulping his own down, he added on the end, "They do taste terrible though. Gotten kind of used to it now."

---

As always, the journey took quite some time, but they past with little trouble, apart from the very brief rain shower. Even Muddythorn's thick pelt was mostly dry by now, even if his paws were soaked and covered in mud. Ha. Be funnier if my name was still Muddypaw. He thought to himself, inwardly laughing at his won stupid joke. The name was certainly fitting though: it was difficult to see where the mud stopped and pelt started. The two made it to mothermouth, and before they stepped inside, the medicine cat said, "It's really dark down there, so walk carefully and follow my tail." He now knew the twisting tunnels almost as well as his own territory, but walked slowly all the same to be sure he wouldn't lose Beetlepaw. Just like always, the slight anticipation built in his stomach, as he knew what they were to witness at the end of the tunnel.

The moonstone glowed in the light, illuminating the cavern, as beautiful as it always was. It had certainly lost it's wonder to Beechface, but Muddythorn didn't think that would ever happen to him, even if he lived forever. He gave Beetlepaw a moment to reorientate himself with the bright light, before saying "Starclan is waiting," a small smile crossed his face as he tried to make the apprentice feel more at ease. "Lie down next to the Moonstone and press your nose to it. I'll be standing right here when you wake up."

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Characters : Patchpaw, Beetlestrike
Clan/Rank : [P] TC Apprentice, [B] SkC T1 Warrior
Virgo Rooster
Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 3 Nov 2021 - 17:09

Beetlepaw was starting to outgrow his nest in the apprentice den, no longer did he have kit soft fur or small paws, instead he was a full grown tom who was ready to get his warrior name any day now. He had known his trip to the moonstone was coming, but the excitement had kept him awake later than he had really wanted, meaning the effort that Muddythorn put into waking him would be necessary. His mind still operated like a kit's a lot of the time.

He stirred, yawning and stretching his fluffy limbs, his tufted ears pricking to attention. He blinked open his yellow eyes, hurriedly getting to his paws and joining the medicine cat outside of the den. His nose wrinkled as he chewed the herbs, but he managed to swallow them and then rid his mouth of most of the taste by licking his chest fur smooth.

"Thanks for the warning, I'm glad I'm not a mouse because I would hate to eat leaves and berries everyday."

--

The journey was quiet, and once they entered Mothermouth it took all of Beetlepaw's concentration to follow Muddythorn down the tunnels. He was glad when the cavern opened up, and even more so that the glowing stone made it so that he could see again. He had never had to navigate that blindly, and he didn't want to again if he was honest.

He nodded, stepping forward and laying down beside the moonstone. His stomach felt tight with nerves and excitement. He had no warrior ancestors by blood, and so he couldn't even begin to imagine what this meeting might be like.

Beetlepaw pressed his nose to the stone, and was quickly taken by dreams.

[#a4af78]                     [#ffc900]
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 28 Nov 2021 - 6:58

OOC: OMG I'm so sorry I missed this entirely!

"Greetings, Beetlepaw." A soft voice called out to the tom as he started to wake. When he opened his eyes, a silver tabby she-cat with dark stripes sat before him, a warm and welcoming smile on her face. "Welcome to StarClan. My name is Blossomstep." She introduced herself with a small nod. "I'm here to speak with you, about anything you'd like."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Beetlepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: