Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Much Needed Distraction:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [B]lackkit♀ | [Q]uickkit♀
Clan/Rank : [B]-SC / Unborn Kit | [Q]-WC / Unborn Kit
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1963

A Much Needed Distraction: Empty
PostSubject: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:54 pm

The fatherly instinct within Kestrelswoop struck him once again. The truth about Robinloft's death had hit the clan hard but he knew there was one that was devastated. That same cat had also lost her father not long ago. He hated to see such sadness within someone so young. He wanted to show her that no matter how lonely she may feel, her clan would be there for her. It's why he was currently leading Songpaw out into the territory for a peaceful hunting session. He hoped to distract her even the smallest bit. He also wanted to see her skills and try to determine how close she was to warriorhood. He wasn't her mentor but as a warrior of the clan and a decent mentor, he felt like it was his duty to help out the younger cats of the clan reach the next step in their lives quicker. It also helped that he enjoyed doing this type of thing.

"Alright, Songpaw. We'll stop here for now. Let's try to catch as much as we're able to carry back. When you're done, come back here and wait for me with your catches if I'm still away. If you need any assistance, call for me and I'll rush over to you as quick as I can. I'll try not to go too far." instructed the warrior with a warm and friendly smile. He nudged the she-cat gently towards a random direction. "Let's make ThunderClan proud with our catches alright?" he purred with a genuinely enthusiastic tone before turning away and heading to the opposite direction. Like he said, he won't be separating far yet won't be too close. Kerath wanted to keep a good eye on Songpaw while not disturbing her hunting. He trusted the younger members of the clan to take care of themselves unless they proved to him that they cannot.

After some time looking, he spotted a squirrel scurrying about. He dropped down into the hunting crouch and carefully maneuvered over to it. After a few tense moments, the warrior leaped at it, paws ready to capture it.

As expected of him, it was a successful attempt. The warrior allowed himself to breathe a sigh of relief before looking back to where he'd seen Songpaw go. He wondered if she was doing well with her hunting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kestrelswoop was successful in catching a Squirrel costing 3 SP.

Kestrelswoop:
60/60[HP]
137/140[SP] (-3 SP)

Last edited by Mysterious Middy on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15099

PostSubject: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:54 pm

The member 'Mysterious Middy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

A Much Needed Distraction: Mistpe10
A Much Needed Distraction: Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Nacho

Nacho

Characters : (Br)ookthistle, (Ja)aminepaw, (So)ngpaw
Clan/Rank : WC/SkC/TC
Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 10:52 am

It's not that Songpaw didn't appreciate Kestrelswoop's efforts, but.. Nothing would ease the pain of her mother's murder. Just thinking about it made her sick. Silently nodding to Kestrelswoop she padded dejectedly in the direction he'd pointed her in. My mother never did anything wrong! A growl rose in her chest, but she shoved it down, not wanting to scare off any prey. Mama.. I love you. Songpaw thought silently, not at all concentrated on catching anything. What was the use of eating or catching prey if some mangy SkyClan cat would just come and decide to rip your life away?

Pointless.
It was all so pointless, in all honesty.

What good was breathing if you were just gonna die, anyways?

A squirrel darted past her, and furious, she slammed a paw down on it, letting her anger out on the stupid, stupid rodent. Even if she didn't want to eat it, or anything, really, other ThunderClan cats would. Robinloft had always tried to make sure her Clanmates were well fed.
Song caught a squirrel! It cost -3 sp
20 hp/57 sp

Last edited by Nacho on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 10:52 am

The member 'Nacho' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 3:59 am

The tom resumed his hunting after a few more glances over to Songpaw's direction. Something wasn't sitting right with him but he was going to put it aside after he attempted to catch the squirrel that was a few fox lengths away. He sneaked close enough and was about to pounce before 'the feeling' returned. He huffed and shoved it aside again. He was going to check on the apprentice right after this, he promised himself. The warrior turned back to the critter and realized that it had noticed him. Foxdung! He had to act fast!

Unfortunately, he'd been too slow and the furry creature had scampered up a tree and out of sight. The tom sighed and got back up onto his paws. It was probably for the best. He needed to go check up on Songpaw so he could soothe his inner worries.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kestrelswoop was unsuccessful in catching a Squirrel costing 3 SP.

Kestrelswoop:
60/60[HP]
134/140[SP] (-3 SP)
The tabby arrived in time to see the apprentice catch a squirrel and was instantly put at ease. See? There was nothing to worry about. He was about to tell his inner self 'I told you so' but was stopped in his tracks when he got a glimpse of her face, of her eyes. A strong sense of déjà vu flooded his senses. He'd seen those eyes before. He'd seen that type of pain on his sister and his father. He could almost tell exactly what type of thoughts the apprentice was having. He's had those before. Back when he felt the whole world was against him, against his family. 'Your mother hadn't been murdered though. Your losses hadn't been as traumatic as hers.' whispered a voice from deep within the receses of his mind. 'They may be different but a loss is a loss. It hurts and will keep on hurting but one must trudge on...' he whispered back. He needed to do something more to help her. Distractions won't cut it. They didn't for him. He needed to be the comforting presence she needs.

"Songpaw? Can you tell me everything you're feeling and thinking right now? I'll sit right here and you can say anything you wish, or just nothing at all if that's what you prefer. I just want you to know that I'll be here to listen and to support you. Whatever you may need, never hesitate to ask me. I will never judge." The tom-cat sat down and offered the apprentice a gentle and encouraging smile. His posture was relaxed. He wasn't forcing her to say anything. She would open up when she was ready and not a moment sooner. If she just needed silence to grieve then silent he shall be.

Last edited by Mysterious Middy on Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 3:59 am

The member 'Mysterious Middy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Nacho

Nacho

Characters : (Br)ookthistle, (Ja)aminepaw, (So)ngpaw
Clan/Rank : WC/SkC/TC
Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 6:08 pm

No sooner than Kestrelswoop approached did the tears start. As he began to speak, Songpaw's whole body began to shake and when he was done, she slowly turned her head to look at him, tears dripping down her cheek. She opened her maw to speak, but no words came out. She sat there for a few minutes, staring at him, her mouth parted slightly.

With a quiet grief stricken gasp, she surged forward, embracing the older warrior. "S-she... She d-didn't d-deserve to...!-" Songpaw wailed, grinding her teeth, the tears refusing to stop spilling. It took a moment or two for the tabby to regain herself, desperately trying to stabilize her breathing. "Robin... Mama was.. S-she.. she was always so loving and k-kind.. I.. I remember once I-I wrenched one of my claws when it g-got stuck... And- and mom... Mama was there the w-whole time.. A-and when it was healed she told me I was real brave f-for taking the herbs D-Daisybloom gave me.."

Backing up two steps, she looked at Kestrelswoop, starlight colored eyes shiny and full with tears. "W-when they took Papa, sh...she was so sad. But she.. S-she was.. she was so strong. F-for me an' Eaglepaw, an' Orangepaw, an' Emberpaw, an' Gingerpaw. She... Robin.. Mama must've been so h-hurt when they said Papa was.. Was... K-killed..." Songpaw hiccuped, trembling. Beecloud... He'd saved them all. Papa.. Her Pa was a hero but.. even if he had saved them, she'd rather be stuck under Asylum's grasp then for her father to be dead. And then her siblings. Every single one of them, except for Orangeheart. "B-but instead she... Mama was so strong. She comforted me e-even though she.. she must've been hurt so bad."

Her claws sunk into the ground, and Songpaw sobbed, breaking down. "Sh-she.. They... H-how...? How could- how could some cat.. how could they kill her? I- I still needed her! I need her, Kestrelswoop! I need her! It's not fair! I still need my mother!"

Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:17 am

The tom was caught off guard for a moment but then proceeded to pull the molly close with a paw, as gentle as any father or mother would comfort their kit. He kept the paw round her as he placed his head atop hers in a soothing manner. He wanted to embrace her and never let her go. She was suffering and seemed to have kept it all in. She'd been alone, had felt alone. He hated to think that after her parents were both gone, she never had anyone to express her pain to. Everyone needed a shoulder to cry on, someone who'd be there to listen. At that very moment, he decided on taking it upon himself to fulfill that role for her.

The tom allowed her to break away, his own eyes feeling misty at her words. He hadn't known Robinloft much personally but what he'd seen from afar and what he'd been told by others was that she'd been a beacon of strength, devotion, optimism, and protectiveness for the clan, especially for those closest to her. She had been that and more for her kits. Her unexpected and appalling death had caused the clan terrible grief. How could someone so heartless exist? Nobody good-minded would have the heart or soul strong enough to commit something so disgusting. Robinloft had been taken too soon as a consequence of someone's terrible deeds which had left so many broken and lost. She had unwillingly left her kits behind. They had paid the biggest price. A price nobody should pay.

Kerath could see every emotion flick across the young molly's teary gaze. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't look away. Someone so young should never have that lost of a gaze, so filled with sorrow. It was a burden nobody should carry alone.

At the mention of Beecloud, his mind brought up the memory of his sister mourning the loss of her mentor and second father figure. The memory of his night at the Moonstone was also present. Every word Beecloud had spoken to him had engraved into his very soul. Beecloud's death had also shocked the clan and even when she had lost her mate, Robinloft remained strong. She mourned but knew that she must continue on for her kits and for the clan. It truly showed how devoted she was to those she cared about.

"I- I still needed her! I need her, Kestrelswoop! I need her! It's not fair! I still need my mother!" That outburst had scorched him to the core. This poor molly... The tom quickly closed the little space between them and held her close in a comforting embrace. She desperately needed it right now.

"Oh Songpaw... Just let it out. I'm right here and I'm not moving." he whispered, tail moving on it's own volition and wrapping around Song's back. After a few silent moments he spoke up once again, "I...I may not be dear Robinloft nor brave Beecloud but I'm here and I can be there for you if you want me to be. I'll only be what you want me to be, whether that'd be a friend or a father figure. I can be there to cheer you on during your warrior ceremony if you'd like me to. My mate, Wolfblaze, would also jump at the chance to be there for you. She's one of the boldest yet sweetest cats I've met. She was by my side through so much of my life as I was in hers. Through the highs and the lows and there is no other I'd trust more than her... You don't need to be alone anymore Songpaw. You deserve someone to be there for you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Much Needed Distraction:   A Much Needed Distraction: Empty

Back to top Go down

A Much Needed Distraction:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: