Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Two is Better Than One [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw | [P]alekit | [R]edkit
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice | [P] SkC Kit | [R] WC Kit
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1212

Two is Better Than One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyMon 6 Sep 2021 - 20:24

Frostgaze was bored, as he usually was. Nothing was interesting. He either trained, which he did in the furthest corners of the camp, or he worked, which he had always finished promptly. Though the brownish-black pelt of Burningwing had caught his own gaze. It had been a while since it was just the two of them hunting, and maybe this time if they ran into a fox, they would be able to finish it off. Rising to his paws, and marching over, Frostgaze gave a friendly nod.

"Burningwing, how would you like to accompany me on a hunting patrol?" Directly to the point, as per the usual. The short tom casually flicked his tail back and forth, doing his best to keep it off the muddy parts of the camp floor. No use in getting muddy before even heading out of camp. That would be disgusting, not to say useless.

Two is Better Than One [C] Downlo48 Two is Better Than One [C] Downlo50 Two is Better Than One [C] Downlo49

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | #666d96
Palekit♀ | Kit | Skyclan | #8d8ab5
Redkit♀ | Kit | Windclan | #8c2a2a
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's warrior cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyMon 6 Sep 2021 - 20:26

[its that time again....rogue rolling time]

Two is Better Than One [C] Downlo48 Two is Better Than One [C] Downlo50 Two is Better Than One [C] Downlo49

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyMon 6 Sep 2021 - 20:26

The member 'Alexcentria' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Two is Better Than One [C] Mistpe10
Two is Better Than One [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyMon 6 Sep 2021 - 20:58

OOC: Rogues are such sissies...

IC:

Burningwing had been observing ants climbing all over a beetle, mercilessly attacking it as a unit to bring it down. He made no move to help neither the beetle nor the ants. The beetle's fate was sealed, as he was sure that many stings to it would kill it even if he intervened now. So he was content to just watch. Something about it made him think of the forest... and how the impurities allowed to live and breathe in it were going to destroy it.

I'm not yet confident in my strength... but I promise you Starclan... I will rid this forest of the Unclean and make it Pure again. He thought to himself. A voice that was familiar caught his attention. Frostgaze. Burningwing got to his paws, now bored with the struggles of the beetle and gave his clanmate a smile. "Please, before I die of boredom." He answered. He padded out of camp after Frostgaze and his eyes immediately went to a lizard on a root. He knew his clanmate preferred to stay clean, a useless endeavor in the swamplands of Shadowclan territory, but he never made a remark about it. It looked like a certain amount of mud was between them and the lizard, so Burningwing gladly made a move to hunt it down. Suddenly feeling mischievous, Burningwing cocked his head back towards his clanmate.

"I got it Frostgaze... it would be such a tragedy to soil your shimmering form." He teased... right before he plunged into the mud without hesitation or care. The only amount of white on Burningwing's paws were his toes, which were immediately blackened by the sodden soil. He leaped for the lizard, feeling a certain amount of fire in him that he hadn't felt before. Was killing something that fueled him so, even if it was only prey and nothing truly evil?

One claw pierced expertly through the base of the lizard's skull, resulting in immediate death.

"Although, clanmate, you may have to accept that you live in Shadowclan territory one day, and that means getting dirty once in awhile." More teasing. Burningwing flicked his claw and sent the lizard flying off of it. He buried the creature, muttered his thanks to Starclan, then rejoined Frostgaze with a smirk.

Burningwing attempted to catch a lizard. He was Successful!

-3SP

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***

Last edited by Tara on Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyMon 6 Sep 2021 - 20:58

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 19:02

Dying of boredom... what an odd thing to say. Obviously, Burningwing wasn't dying. He seemed plenty busy with whatever beetle he had been toying with anyway. Despite this, Frostgaze remained silent, more so curious as to what animal they would be catching first. Of course, as usual, his thoughts were interrupted. Was Burningwing teasing him? "I am not shimmering. If I were, I would be dead." His voice came out grumpier than he intended, he just preferred to stay clean that was all. So he watched as Burningwing dove right into the mud, catching a lizard with ease. Then more teasing, was Burningwing truly trying to get under his fur?

"Oh, I have accepted that as fact Burningwing. Though could all our clanmates act as I, and clean themselves more regularly. Mud caked on fur is a truly disgusting feeling, and I prefer to keep my fur the color it is... unless tactically I should not. There are certain reasons I would roll in mud, even if I despised it." A scent caused an instinctive crouch, the scent of frog. Taking his leave, and stalking through the mud (of course, leaving mud on his belly, would Burningwing tease that as well?), he came upon a frog that had hidden within the mud itself.

Its head and eyes peeked out, requiring a precise landing on top of the head to grab it. There were moments spent thinking of the best power at which to make the leap, before Frostgaze's haunches bunched, and his short body leapt to kill. His claws landed right on the mark, piercing through the head, and breaking the spine. With ease, he pushed the frog further into its muddy home, making it its muddy grave.

Returning to Burningwing with a ghost of satisfaction on his face, Frostgaze continued padding alongside the taller tom. "Leaf-bare will be better for my hunting abilities I believe. My white pelt, and dislike of mud, will both be more useful then. The mud will be frozen, when it snows I will be hidden completely. If I am decent now, I will be absolutely deadly come the cold season." Frostgaze, for all that was cold about him, had never actually experienced true cold. His heavy pelt and white fur would truly come in handy then.

Frostgaze attempted to catch a Frog, he was successful! -3 SP

Character Profiles (WIP)

Last edited by Alexcentria on Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 19:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 19:02

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 23:22

Burningwing smirked, but didn't tease Frostgaze any further. Such a sensitive sally he was. He went on to say how he would be better in leaf-bare and Burningwing gave him a dramatic apologetic look, one where if he had hands he would have raised them in a mock defense. "Okay, okay." He said softly, hoping to defuse him. He caught the frog with ease and Burningwing immediately set his eyes back out in front of them to look for something else to hunt. A rabbit was suddenly in view, which had Burningwing's fur bristle a bit. It didn't belong in Shadowclan territory. He stalked after it, partially in an attempt to chase it off though another part of him did want to catch it.

Go away, you.... He thought to himself as he sprang from the darkness after it. Naturally, he missed the creature. It bolted nimbly away from his claws and Burningwing straightened himself up. Shadowclan cats weren't well equipped to catch rabbits anyway, so no big deal. He turned to Frostgaze. "Got rid of that little intruder." He said proudly before moving on.

OOC: Want to trigger a Rogue fight in my next post if you don't roll a ten next? Or you can trigger one, idc.

Burningwing attempted to catch a rabbit. He was Unsuccessful.

-3SP

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by Tara on Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 23:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 23:22

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptySat 11 Sep 2021 - 11:04

Frostgaze, as Burningwing turned to stalk a rabbit, gave a small smirk. Only a small one, and it was gone nearly as soon as it appeared. His dramatic look had entertained him. He was not so immature as to get annoyed at his... friend's teasings. It was kind of Burningwing to lay off though. It was interesting to watch Burningwing's attempt at catching a rabbit. He was nowhere near fast enough, the warrior thought that he would know that by now, what with all his talk about how perfect Shadowclan blood was at catching their prey in their territory.

"Decent try. Though I don't consider any prey intruders, simply opportunities to feed the clan." Frostgaze thought Burningwing was illogical most times. Some things he said were odd, and emotional. No sense in wasting a prey opportunity, even if they weren't built to catch rabbits. His nose went to the air, scenting a mouse in the pine needles that littered the marsh. Breaking off, he crouched low, pine needles sticking to his muddy fur.

Then there it was, eating something in the pine needles. It was a plump little thing, must have gotten fat off the plentiful Greenleaf foods. At least the rogues hadn't gotten this one. Wiggling his butt, Frostgaze pounced, bringing his body weight down on the mouse, snapping its spine instantly. Sometimes he wondered if the prey in the territory was blind to not see him, or maybe he was just that quiet. Burying it quietly, he returned to Burningwing's side.

Frostgaze attempted to catch a mouse, and was successful! -3 SP

ooc: if you feel like bringing a rogue in, go on ahead!

Character Profiles (WIP)

Last edited by Alexcentria on Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 11:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptySat 11 Sep 2021 - 11:04

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptySat 11 Sep 2021 - 21:23

"Oh if I would have caught it I assure you it would be food. I'm not as much of a fool as you think." The words may have been sharp but his tone wasn't. If anything, it was light and playful. He watched Frostgaze catch a mouse before he turned his attention the sound of a bullfrog...

But there was something else. Sounds of untrained paws squelching through mud and kicking up water in the loudest way possible. Burningwing's eyes snapped over to Frostgaze with alarm. No Shadowclan cat walked like that through the marsh. That was an intruder. He didn't wait for instruction. He dropped into a crouch and took cover swiftly.

If you're so smart, now is your chance to prove it. He thought to himself, wishing he could send a telepathic message to Frostgaze. Once he settled into a decent ambush spot, Burningwing let his ears tell him where the other cat was.

Slosh. Slosh. Slosh.

The rogue came into view. A brown tabby with eyes almost as yellow as Burningwing's. The rogue had scars on him, but it wasn't a concerning amount. Burningwing made his decision right then. With Frostgaze's help, taking this rogue out would be a piece of newt heart. The dark furred tom leaped upward in an arc, almost fox-like, without a sound. He easily cleared the brush that was concealing him, up and over he went, and buried his claws furiously into the flesh of the unknown cat.

A whirlwind of claws and yowls. The battle had begun, and the rogue looked startled and furious. He had suspected absolutely nothing. It brought a grim smile to Burningwing's face as he noted the warmer temperature of liquid around his toes. He'd struck hard and he'd struck deep.

"You are not a Shadowclan cat. You do not belong here. You will pay the price for trespassing." Burningwing taunted, reveling in the surprise and anger of his foe.

Burningwing used Jumping Strike, dealing 10 damage (6+3 for surprise round; +1 for Night Finesse) and -7SP

Burningwing
40HP / 93SP (-7SP)

Duncan
55HP / 140SP (-10HP)

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 10:11

The two cats on the patrol couldn't have had more starkly contrasted coats. Duncan noted this with interest as he followed after them, subconsciously sinking into the shadows and using minimal effort to stay out of sight. He'd never been known for being the stealthiest of the bunch and his bulky tabby frame certainly didn't help. Mud stuck to his pads and left heavy imprints behind. It was interesting that they hunted with such ease in an unsafe territory. There was a twitch of his whiskers as he noted that he was the danger in this scenario. Fighting wasn't his expertise either but he sure had enough experience with it from rogue life.

An enraged gaze landed on him, and he only caught it briefly before the flurry of claws came, "Ope!"

He grunted, realizing it was too late to try and lumber away. The tom stumbled back a few steps. It had stung briefly, the strike, but thanks to his bulk it was dulled slightly. Blood trickled from the wounds as he grinned, finding his paws steady beneath him, "Guess my cover is blown, huh? Don't get so worked up, buddy, I'm just out for a walk. It's a nice night! Why ruin it?" His tail flickered easily, seemingly unphased by the aggressive cat before him.

The tufts of his ears were exaggerated by the roundness of his maw, giving him an odd experience. Green eyes were bright as he prepared his own attack. Behind the swiping paw was the strength of his mass, swiping to smack into the side of Burningwing's maw. Soon as it almost hit, he shifted his weight onto his hindlegs and rose to throw up his other forepaw. It was a shockingly agile move for such a bulky cat. He glanced past his opponent, seeking Frostgaze, "You gonna join us or what? Make it more interesting!" The cocky grin never left his expression.

Duncan used Front Paw Strike, dealing 10 damage and using 7 stamina.

Duncan used Dirty Trick, dealing an extra 4 damage, and using an extra 3 stamina.

Duncan
HP: 55/65
SP: 130/140 [-10]

Burningwing
HP: 26/40 [-14]
SP: 93/100
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 13:50

A soft huff akin to laughter escaped Frostgaze. Burningwing was just a little bit of a fool sometimes. He wasn't about to say that to the dark-colored tom though. He watched Burningwing begin to move off from him when he heard a noise. Heavy paw steps, not the light, careful ones of a Shadowclan cat. Exchanging a hurried glance with Burningwing, he moved swiftly into the shadows, crouching low to cover himself partially in mud.

Then Burningwing attacked, leaping in an arc that was, honestly, quite skillful.

Frostgaze peered from behind the bush momentarily, trying to get information on their rogue. Scarred, bulky, and unafraid. Rogues seemed to share the unafraid trait... always taunting... always joking during battle. At least in his experience. Strange bunch.

Stepping out, he heard the rogue taunt him next, after drawing Burningwing's own blood. Make it more interesting huh? Sure, why not. With an icy glare, he stood for a moment, before rushing toward the rogue. He threw all his weight forward, before suddenly skidding to a stop just in front of him. Keeping eye contact, Frostgaze flicked a white paw upward, attempting to catch his claws on the throat of the rogue. He supposed the jaw would work too.

"Interesting enough for you? Leave, or die." This came out in a low growl, an attempt at intimidation. Frostgaze's expression remained cold and even vaguely annoyed. This rogue was really arrogant enough to believe he could take on two trained warriors. He might have dirty tricks, but so did Shadowclan.

Frostgaze used Front Paw Strike on Duncan, dealing 8 (+1 night finesse) damage, and using 10 stamina!

Frostgaze
40/40 HP
90/100 SP (-10)

Duncan
51/65 HP (-9)
130/140 SP

Burningwing
26/40 HP
93/100 SP

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Two is Better Than One [C]   Two is Better Than One [C] EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 18:19

Burningwing went from a growling, spitting warrior to seeing stars in the matter of an instant. He thought he could smell blood for only a moment... until it seemed like the entire forest was suddenly in his nose. He blinked, now realizing that he was on the ground on his side. He swiveled a snake-like pupil down at the rogue that loomed somewhat over him and he grit his teeth in a growl. Smart-mouth... Still... it was hard to argue with the fact that he was now on the ground, in the mud... and boy could he smell so much better right now. The rogue had got him good.

Once he was suddenly distracted by Frostgaze, Burningwing sprung into action and his teeth snaked forward to aim directly for the jugular vein that pulse rhythmically just below the corner of his adversary's jaw bone. Burningwing, always able to strike whatever target he wished to a frighteningly precise accuracy, latched his fangs directly over where the vital vein would be located. He bit down hard, tasting hot iron flood his mouth...

The only problem? His teeth weren't quite large enough to get as deep as they needed to be for an instant death strike. It wasn't like jugular veins sat just under the surface of the skin, after all. It only took him a moment to realize this. His eyes went from a blazing fire of triumph to one of lost gold that had frosted over from an icy fear at the sudden realization.

Now the rogue knew what his intentions were... any sort of mercy that may have been in the wild cat's capabilities was surely out the nest now. If Frostgaze didn't abandon his nauseatingly chivalrous attitude they were both doomed.

Don't talk you idiot, just fight! Burningwing willed the message to be sent through the air and into Frostgaze's mind somehow. Alas, he was only a cat.

Burningwing used Snap, dealing 9 damage (+1 Night Finesse) and -7SP

Burningwing
26HP / 86SP (-7SP)

Duncan
42HP / 130SP (-9HP)

Frostgaze
40HP / 90SP