Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a huntin we will go [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

a huntin we will go [closed] Empty
PostSubject: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 11:47

Stoatfur had never particularly enjoyed mornings. Sleep had been an elusive beast since his youth, being beaten back by endlessly churning thoughts and a restless soul. When his mind finally allowed him a moment's reprieve from such state, the sun was rising and the day had already begun for warriors. It was for this reason he always appeared to be groggy and unpleasant around sunrise - because he was. Today was no different. Clouds gathered overhead in a blanket of grey hues. There was a constant drizzle of raindrops that softly plopped onto the earth and the pelts of cats who had already stirred. The little brown and white warrior was one of them.

He stretched, trying to banish the stiffness of his limbs that was worsened by the weather. Stoatfur let out an agitated sigh, cursing Starclan from the sides of his maw as he straightened up. Given the state of the day, it was hard to tell the sun was supposed to be up. Few cats had strayed from their dens and all was quiet except for the rain. His gaze was cast over camp in a half-baked attempt to find his patrolmate. Finally, the brown-orange gaze landed on the familiar she-cat. Padding over, he gave a quick meow before heading to the camp entrance, "Come on, Wolfblaze, we're headed for Stony Hallow. Let's get this over with."

There was little else to be said, especially in his state. Stoatfur felt his muscles warming slightly as he trotted along the path but it was quickly staved off by the chill of water soaking his pelt. The scattered drops were constant and after sometime the warrior was convinced they were on the path to becoming Riverclan cats. Shaking out his pelt, "The prey will likely want to get out of this rain as much as I do. We want to check under roots, rocks, that type of stuff. So stony hallow was perfect." His tone was mild and not particularly expressive. Stoatfur liked to talk but it was still early.

One ear flickered as he noticed movement ahead, scuffling around the edges of the exact place he'd thought to go hunting at. There was a soft flicker of a self-congratulatory smirk before he took off after the mouse. Within a moment, he'd snagged it beneath his claws and cut the creature's life short. Stoatfur buried it quickly in one of the drier spots underneath a tree to return for later.

Stoatfur tried to catch a mouse - it was successful! [-3sp]

a huntin we will go [closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Last edited by Ripped on Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 11:47

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

a huntin we will go [closed] Mistpe10
a huntin we will go [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 14:00

Wolfblaze had awoken that morning to the sounds of soft rain droplets beating against the top of the Warrior's Den. She wasn't one for getting up early... she much rathered later times of day. Yet there was a patrol to do, and she refused to be lazy enough to shirk that duty. Removing herself from her nest, without waking the nearby Kestrelswoop, she exited the den and caught sight of her patrol partner, Stoatfur.

"Morning Stoatfur, let's get going yeah?" Despite her drowsiness, Wolfblaze was still plenty energetic and wasted no time exiting camp and padding toward the Stony Hollow. It didn't take long for her thick pelt to begin taking on water and weighing her down, however, and soon, Wolfblaze was wishing she could've just stayed in her nest. Besides, she didn't even like water. With a groan, she started talking. "Ugh, I'll never understand Riverclan's love of water. I bet they're just having a great time." Her face held a level of disgust as she shook out her pelt. She then heard Stoatfur's advice and nodded, it'd make sense for prey to hide in dry areas.

Breaking off, Wolfblaze crouched low, scenting something strange. Following her nose, she finally caught sight of the mysterious scent... a lizard. Those were pretty rare to see on the fresh-kill pile. Maybe it'd taste good? It's not like they were Shadowclan suddenly, but prey was prey. She crept through the undergrowth, gray tabby pelt doing a wonderful job of camouflaging her from the creature. With a leap, her claws sunk into it, killing it instantly. Burying it in a dry area, she moved on.

Wolfblaze caught a lizard!

a huntin we will go [closed] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!

Last edited by Alexcentria on Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 14:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 22 Aug 2021 - 14:00

The member 'Alexcentria' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptyWed 25 Aug 2021 - 18:42

Stoatfur snorted in a mild amusement, whiskers twitching as well. He'd heard of the she-cat who had abandoned their clan in favor of joining Riverclan. It was a true wonder to think that any one of his clanmates would relish in the feeling of a sopping wet pelt. The warrior shook his pelt, "Any cat who would be willing to eat a fish clearly has no brains." At least the treetops provided some coverage. That had likely aided in their successes.

Tipping his head slightly, the tom meowed, "Nice catch. You like the taste of lizard? I'm always convinced that the scales are going to get caught in my teeth." A chill ran down his spine at the thought. His nose rose into the air trying to scent another catch out, but the rain fractured any scents, and a droplet tickled his nose. Stoatfur sneezed softly before grumbling, "We're going to catch colds like this and come back with little more. We might be some of Thunderclan's best hunters but even a Starclan cat couldn't catch more."

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptyWed 25 Aug 2021 - 18:57

Wolfblaze shook herself off again, smiling at the tom. "Lizard is okay, though I'd rather eat lizard than nothing! I prefer mice personally, lizards are a bit bony for my taste." Her words stopped when Stoatfur sneezed, snorting sharply. Stifling a laugh, Wolfblaze began to unbury the prey. "Hah! Yeah, we're pretty good, aren't we. If I get a cold because of this rain, I'll never leave the den during rain again. Water is terrible."

Happily grabbing her lizard from the hole, Wolfblaze set about preparing herself for the walk home. Sure, it was wet, but at least they were bringing back some prey to the clan. She had to focus on the positives, if only to try and ignore the way her fur stuck to her pelt, and just how heavy it made her feel. She would sink like a stone in a river! Thank the stars she wasn't a part of Riverclan, or she'd be seeing those stars sooner than later.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 5 Sep 2021 - 9:33

"I'd rather not get sick, that's for sure." Stoatfur replied, scrunching his nose slightly at the unpleasant thought. As nice as it would be to sink into a nest for a while, without the pressure of needing to go on patrols, feeling sapped of all strength and becoming strapped with a drippy nose sounded highly unpleasant. A thought came to him and he chimed in once more, "We might as well go see Dovefrost when we get back, he probably knows some ways of staving off cold. Herbs for strength and what not. I know a few but it's not my position to know it all." The warrior shrugged slightly and turned away. Despite admitting to not knowing it all, the little brown and white tom had no truer desire than just that.

His mind was still on the thought of sickness when he noticed a gray and white striped coat stirring the leaves. A creature seemed to be about it's own hunt. Raising his snout into the air, Stoatfur caught a whiff that confirmed what he had assumed - a raccoon was not far off. Better to chase the thing away then let it snap at either of their limbs. There was a quick hiss to Wolfblaze first, "Raccoon. I'll take care of it." And then he darted away. Thankfully, the predator was distracted in its pursuits and he was able to leap and cling firmly to its back.

Immediately, the raccoon let out a snarl and began to writhe in a futile attempt to dispel its attacker. Stoatfur's small frame gave him little weight to throw about but he'd learned to not rely on strength to fight his battles, rather speed and skill. Even if it took a moment, he'd be chasing the raccoon away in no time.

Stoatfur used leap and hold, dealing 8 damage and using 15 stamina.
Raccoon is unable to move. Held for 1 turn.

Stoatfur
HP: 40/40
SP: 82/100

Raccoon
HP: 12/20
SP: 120/120

Last edited by Ripped on Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 10:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 5 Sep 2021 - 10:04

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] EmptySun 5 Sep 2021 - 13:10

"Eh, Dovefrost has the herb thing covered. Don't worry about figuring them out, he even has that new apprentice of his... Moonpaw I think. Between the two of 'em, they should have it down." Wolfblaze chimed in as Stoatfur started padding away, following after him. She had no real desire to visit the medicine den upon their return. All she wanted was to lay back down in her nest and dry off. In her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the dark pelt of the raccoon in the undergrowth. When Stoatfur stopped to hiss to her, she bumped into him with a soft 'oof'.

It had taken no time at all for Stoatfur to assault the creature, Wolfblaze was honestly impressed with his speed. With a smirk, she yowled out, "Oh wait for me! Nothing like a good fight!" She then began her charge, her large form thundering toward the poor raccoon. With a short leap, she smashed right into its side, sinking tooth and claw into the flank of the raccoon, buckling its leg and drawing blood. Despite the annoyance of the rain, Wolfblaze always loved a fight, this was great!

Wolfblaze used Jumping Strike, dealing 6 (+3) damage, and using 7 stamina!

Wolfblaze
40/40 HP
90/100 SP (-7)

Stoatfur
40/40 HP
82/100 SP

Raccoon
3/20 HP (-9)
120/120 SP

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a huntin we will go [closed]   a huntin we will go [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

a huntin we will go [closed]
Page 1 of 1