Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Parenting with Prim [solo]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

Parenting with Prim [solo] Empty
PostSubject: Parenting with Prim [solo]   Parenting with Prim [solo] EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 3:02 am

Primroselight was happy to say that it had been a while since she had been in the medicine den, but since the medicine cats were now not only her sister, but also her son, she had been trying to change that. She still found the smell of herbs a little intense, especially for a cat who relied on her scent so much. It had only occurred to her recently that she hadn't properly spoken to Muddythorn since his medicine cat apprentice ceremony, apart from a quick 'I'm so proud of you' when he returned from the Moonstone. Healing was never a path that she had predicted for him, but he seemed to be happy in his new position, so it was enough for her. At first, she had been slightly hesitant when he told her, since she knew full well how much Beechface had disliked it originally, but even she had settled in eventually.

It also was strange to her that her sister now had an apprentice, but now (with the extra help she had) it was clear how in need she was. Even if it was only a subtle difference, Beechface had seemed slightly less stressed and tense recently. But no-one in the clan could truly relax with Dawnhawk still out there.

"Muds?" She called into the den as she padded in, careful to avoid Birdsong, who was filling one of the nests.

Muddythorn's head perked upwards at the sound of his name and soon realised who it was. He quickly rushed over to stand beside her to guide her deeper into the den, knowing that she was unfamiliar with it. It was also for the preservation of his neatly organised herb piles that were arguably in the way. "Are you okay? Not feeling well? If you're sick, I should really go fetch Beechface, no way would she let me give you something by myself." He was already trying to think of what might be wrong with his mother, and what could be used to fix it. Unfortunately, he came up with nothing. Level headedness. That would be something he needed to work on.

"No, Muddythorn, I'm all alright, I promise!" She laughed, taken aback at quite how well her son had settled into the role. "I just came to see you! Can a mother not visit her son in his workplace?"

"Of course, of course. C'mere, there's enough space to sit down away from my herb piles." Muddythorn said as Primroselight began sniffing the piles, inspecting them.

This apprenticeship had brought forward something Primroselight hadn't seen before in her son. Compared to when she had been mentoring him, even if it was briefly, she could still tell how much more attentive he was with this, and how much more willing and curious he was to learn new things. It was refreshing, after watching him struggle through a warrior apprenticeship, unsure if he even wanted to do it.

"I know I've already said it, but I am so, so proud of you." Joking aside, the warrior had decided to move on to her planned topic for this visit. "It's amazing how much more happy you already seem. And I'll have to admit, Auntie Beechface is a better mentor than I would have expected."

"And...? There's got to be more, mum. You could tell me this any time!" Muddythorn said, laughing.

"Oh yeah, and I forgot: you may or may not have some siblings on the way..." Primroselight flicked her tail towards her slightly swollen belly, which wasn't really noticeable unless you properly looked.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down

Parenting with Prim [solo]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: SkyClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: