Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyFri 11 Jun 2021 - 5:20

Another day, another cat younger than him that Wolfstar would see retire to the elders' den. SkyClan's leader padded back into camp, after a morning hunt that he'd come back from empty-pawed. He was just too distracted, too... torn, on what he had to do. Not just with Wrenspring, but with Bloodstrike, and Briarthorn, and... SkyClan. Wolfstar had never felt as old as he did right now, today, and though his bones weren't brittle and his mind was still clear, he was tired. And he just didn't know how to fix it. Part of him envied Wrenspring on this day, and as he climbed up to stand at the entrance of his den, surveying the cats that meandered around the camp in an effort to escape the heat, he found himself wishing for a quiet retirement. But SkyClan wasn't ready yet. Bloodstrike wasn't ready yet. He just hoped that one day, he would be.

"Let all cats old enough to climb a tree gather before me for a clan meeting!"
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6736

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 7:51

Wrenspring knew what this meeting was for. It wasn't a shock or surprise in the slightest but it had settled within the tom a particular resignation. For a majority of his life, he had been reckless and persistent. But there was a time for everything and it appeared his had come. The onset of a particularly bad twist of his paw had left him limping. After so many moons of different injuries, this was what would finally taken him out. Beechface had reassured him that it wasn't for lack of a weak will. Rather, as he had come to know, with passing seasons, not all things could heal. This certainly wasn't due to poor skill or low effort on the medicine cat's part. Slowly and painfully, in ways that surpassed physicality, the gray and white tom sought out the base of the tallbranch. This would be finite - not turning back, and he had to figure out how to come to terms with that sometimes. Wrenspring was not as spry as he used to be. Perhaps... the rest would be nice.

Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 10:47

"Today we are gathered to honor the moons of service and loyalty, and witness the retirement of, a SkyClan warrior." He repeated the words he'd spoken less than a moon ago, during Redfall's ceremony, his amber-gold eyes resting on Wrenspring. "Wrenspring, is it your wish to give up the name and rank of warrior, and join the elders' den?"
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 10:51

"Yes, it is." Saying it aloud felt condemning but he pressed it away with a flicker of his crooked tail. Wrenspring forced the determination into his green gaze, tipping his head ever to sloghtly to the leader. His injured paw was placed firmly into the earth, at an ever odd angle, but the strong pose showed his dedication.

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 18:05

"Wrenspring, you have honored SkyClan with many moons of service," Wolfstar said solemnly. "Countless times you've shown bravery and loyalty where others may not have - SkyClan is better off for having you around... and I am honored to have been a warrior at your side." The leader dipped his head, silent for a second, and then lifted it once more to stare Wrenspring in the eye. Once, he'd considered making the tom his deputy. Many times since then, he'd almost wished he had.

Exhaling through his nostrils, Wolfstar continued. "I call upon StarClan to give you many moons of rest... may your retirement be peaceful and without strife." He slid down and padded forward, briefly touching his nose to the top of the gray-and-white tom's head and saying, quietly, "Thank you,. You've always been loyal to me... to SkyClan," before moving off to continue his brooding in solitude.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jul 2021 - 1:02

Ravenclaw watched the ceremony from a decent distance, unable to stand any closer less her heart, held together by spare herbs from the medicine den, shatter into many little pieces. Wrenspring entering the elder's den felt like the true finality to their little relationship. If only it had been real... Would anything have changed? She was sure it would have. She just couldn't say for sure what would have changed. Everything, probably.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jul 2021 - 7:45

Juniperlight was similarly dismayed by the announcement. He could see even his brother had difficulty, but if it was what Wrenspring wished, then he deserved moons of rest. He stepped forward with a soft and sad smile. ”Wrenspring, my dear friend, you have my love and respect. Your retirement changes nothing between us. I hope you find peace and comfort in how valuable your seasons of service are. Don’t hesitate to ask if you need anything, please.” He tapped his nose gently to Wrenspring’s nose. After he said his piece, Juniperlight stepped aside as well, and he moved to Wolfstar’s side with a calming purr.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jul 2021 - 10:34

"And I always will be. Thank you, Wolfstar." Wrenspring bowed his head with a low sigh, a bittersweet smile across his maw. After so many moons, it felt odd to stand before the clan, with all their eyes trained on him. But he also felt surrounded by love, and kin. A particular warmth seemed to soak his pelt. The sensation that flowed through his paws maintained the smile as he met Ravenclaw's eyes, blinking slowly, gratefully. Just when he was certain could not become even more overwhelmed by the moment, Juniperlight approached.

He stared into the gaze of his life-long friend, emotion catching in his throat. It took a moment for Wrenspring to find words, just before the warrior pulled away. His sentiment was a low whisper, "Hey, Juni... I'll make my nest big enough for the two of us, just in case you get cold, alright?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony   Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrenspring's Elder Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: Tallbranch :: SkyClan Ceremonies :: Elder Ceremonies-
Jump to: