Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Smoke Signals (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

Smoke Signals (c) Empty
PostSubject: Smoke Signals (c)   Smoke Signals (c) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 12:53 am

So Smokefeather had retired? Juniperlight felt odd about that. He carried a squirrel to the elder’s den to seek her out, as was customary when visiting an esteemed elder. Maybe it was because she was younger than him, or maybe it was because she had been a headstrong and willful warrior before his absence. One thing was certain: Smokefeather had to have chosen to retire, and if that were true, then he respected her choice and her service and would honor her as she deserved. “Smokefeather? Are you awake?” He called into the elder’s den softly. It was late in the day. The sun lit up the tips of the surrounding trees, which were mostly bare, and sent rays of golden light into the camp in streams. He was about ready to head to be himself, being more of an early riser than a night owl. But he felt compelled to speak with someone... someone who’d known troubles like he had.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Smoke Signals (c) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5686

Smoke Signals (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke Signals (c)   Smoke Signals (c) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 2:09 am

"Juniperlight...?" Dull gray-green eyes turned toward the entrance of the den at the sound of the voice, head lifting from her paws wearily. Smokefeather had been sleeping a lot recently, or trying to, at any rate. All too often her sleep was quickly interrupted, plagued by dreams she wanted nothing more to forget, and today had been no different. She'd long since given up on sleep, though she hadn't moved from her nest. Her long tortoiseshell fur remained dull and patchy from stress, and there were white hairs at her muzzle that hadn't been there a season ago, though Smokefeather still couldn't quite bring herself to care about them as she might have once.

Taking in the form of the dark tom that had entered the den, Smokefeather blinked. Her former denmate had gained scars of his own, assurance that this wasn't some dream. He'd been gone since last leaf-fall, long enough to miss all the excitement, though maybe excitement had found him in the end, too. That seemed to be the Skyclan way of things.

"Been a while." She forced herself into a sitting position, wincing despite careful movements. Her left hind leg was a mess of tangled scars, held gingerly against her body. She still couldn't put weight on it and probably never would again. It was fine, she lied to herself. "How are you?" She just hoped he didn't ask her the question in turn. There was no decent answer she could give him.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

Smoke Signals (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke Signals (c)   Smoke Signals (c) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:06 am

’Oh.’ His eye landed on her scarred leg, sympathy flooding through him. But he didn’t dwell on it, his gaze instead switching to her tired face. Every warrior earned their stripes with due time. He was just glad that whatever caused those marks didn’t end her life. ”May I share a meal with you, Smokefeather?” Juniperlight purred, then picked up the squirrel and gently set it before her.

He sat down, preferring to wait for her confirmation before settling in. Her question bounced around in his head for a while before he settled on an answer. ”It feels like a lifetime. I am... lucky. It took a long time to come home, and though I’m tempted to retire and rest, I feel like I need to prove that I really am devoted to SkyClan. That I’m not like...” Juniperlight’s soft meow trailed off. He didn’t mean to unload his worries on the elder the moment he walked into her den. ”I-I’m sorry. Are you comfortable? I trust your daughter is taking good care of you?”

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Smoke Signals (c) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5686

Smoke Signals (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoke Signals (c)   Smoke Signals (c) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 11:47 am

"Of course." Smokefeather nodded at him. The company wasn't unwelcome, she had to admit. And Juniperlight had little knowledge of all that had happened. He was less likely to look upon her with pity or disgust, at the very least.

"I... can't say I blame him for leaving anymore, with how things have been around here..." She muttered wryly. "Things were calm for about two seconds after we left Riverclan's camp." Two seconds was a generous estimate. A very generous estimate. After that, there simply hadn't been peace to speak of.

"Beechface as overbearing as ever, but she does a good job of it." Her daughter meant well, of course, but that didn't change that it was beyond infuriating to no longer be able to do what she used to. It was hard not to be resentful of that, although laying the blame at Beechface's paws was unfair of her. If Juniperlight wasn't going to ask about what had happened, that was for the best, Smokefeather thought. He'd find out soon enough anyways, she was sure. "I think she's finally learned to accept being a medicine cat, at least. I know she wasn't happy about it, but she's handled things well." There was a note of pride in Smokefeather's voice, at that. Her daughter was... downright frustrating at times (or most of the time, depending on who one asked) but she'd done an admirable job at handling the chaos that was Skyclan's very existence.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8