Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

in the wind and rain [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

in the wind and rain [c] Empty
PostSubject: in the wind and rain [c]   in the wind and rain [c] EmptySat 15 May 2021 - 10:39

Thalia made use of a lifetime of training as she slipped silently into the apprentice's den, careful not to disturb those who were still fast asleep. Knowing what sort of training awaited them when they woke, it was best to let them enjoy their rest. Gently, she nudged the apprentice that had been trusted to her.

Rainpaw.

Shira and Foxspark's daughter.

(Was that irony, or was it poetic? Coincidence, or something inescapable?)

It was late, or maybe it was early - what was right, and what wasn't? She wasn't sure. Her eyes glittered in the darkness as she pushed aside her lingering worries. This wasn't a tragedy, even if she was uncertain of everything she was doing, and so there was no point in dwelling on her anxieties.

In truth, there was very little to worry her now - she was settling comfortably into ShadowClan, as much as she still felt like an outsider. She was starting to think that feeling never really went away, only growing fainter with time. She wasn't a warrior, exactly - they might call her as one, and she wouldn't protest, but she wouldn't take that title for herself - but she was ShadowClan by choice.

She had never been an apprentice, had never undertaken the ceremonies of a warrior; but she had been subject to another tradition. Once Asylum, she would always be Asylum; once a Nightstriker, she would always be. The scar on her face and the pelt that rested on her shoulders were marks of a past she couldn't escape.

Still, they trusted her with this, and she was determined to do right by them. That was what she had promised, beyond her own more understated goals; that she would lend her aid to ShadowClan in whatever ways she could.

"Sorry to wake you," she spoke quietly. It felt strange to whisper. "Are you ready?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: in the wind and rain [c]   in the wind and rain [c] EmptySun 23 May 2021 - 13:07

Rainpaw squinted as a figure nudged her into consciousness. Thalia, she thought. This name had become familiar after yesterday's ceremony, as she turned it over and over in her head. She knew little about the warrior, but the striking fox pelt draped around her pale shoulders and the scar marking her face told of a different time. A past entwined with those of her parents, but now a future that would walk beside her own.

"Sorry to wake you," Thalia apologized. Her voice was soft and anxious, Rainpaw noted. "I'm ready." She matched her mentor's hushed tone. Slipping silently out of the apprentice den, she followed Thalia towards the camp entrance. She wasn't quite sure what to expect from this first day of training, but her impression was that Thalia would be gentle with her, at least for now.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

PostSubject: Re: in the wind and rain [c]   in the wind and rain [c] EmptyMon 24 May 2021 - 5:16

"I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to go," Thalia admitted, once there was more than a few tail-lengths of distance between them and the camp. The weight of her fox pelt was a small comfort, working as it always had to ease her anxiety. "I don't want to disappoint anyone, and especially not you... So I thought you should know that, before we start. I was so surprised when she called my name... Ah, I'm hardly a warrior at all. I still can't think of myself that way."

She turned to face her apprentice once again, more than a little curious about just what sort of cat she was. Would she be quiet, like her father? Hard to read, like her mother? Something a little like both of them, or nothing like them at all? "Still... I promised I'd do my best, and I will. Where do you think we should start?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in the wind and rain [c]   in the wind and rain [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

in the wind and rain [c]
Page 1 of 1