Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2377

Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 22 Apr 2021 - 4:57

Rookfire turned to Rosepaw. It was her turn to go onto a moonstone journey, just like many other apprentices before her. The black tuxedo had put heather nectar in a few of the traveling herb bundles, but it seemed that by Pyrik's reaction to them that they were not perfect. A couple days ago, he tried adding honey to a couple of the traveling herb bundles, hoping that the honey would help sweeten the herbs while not making the bundle too soggy like the heather nectar did. Eating one of the bundles yesterday, they were much better than the traveling herb bundles that he normally ate. Because of this, he decided to use some of these honey-filled traveling herbs today with Rosepaw's Moonstone.

"Hey, Rosepaw," the black tuxedo said with a smirk. "You ready for your moonstone journey?" The ShadowClan medicine cat passed the she-cat a honey-filled batch of traveling herbs. "I added honey into your traveling herbs to make them not taste as bad." Eating his own batch of traveling herbs - which did not have honey in it - the black tuxedo thought about the journey to the Moonstone. With this journey, Rosepaw would be one step closer to becoming one of ShadowClan's warriors. And then she'd probably be able to pester Mistyfalcon as much as she'd like while sleeping in the same den as him.

If it got too out of hand, he'd step in. But at the moment, it seemed that Rosepaw didn't mean any ill will at Mistyfalcon, and though Mistyfalcon saw Rosepaw as annoying, Mistyfalcon didn't exactly hate Rosepaw. If relations ended up breaking down to unrepairable matters, then the black tuxedo would intervene. Honestly, the entire clan would intervene at that point. However, Rookfire didn't think that relations would break down to that level. Once Rosepaw finished eating her herbs, Rookfire motioned for her to follow him. "Okay, let's go!"

The journey to Highstones was long and arduous, despite the traveling herbs used to help give the two cats energy. Once they arrived at Mothermouth, Rookfire led Rosepaw to the cavern where the Moonstone was. "This is the Moonstone," he said. "Pretty cool, right? Touch your nose to it, and then StarClan will appear when you open your eyes again." Technically, her eyes wouldn't actually be open, but it would feel like her eyes were open again, since that's how dreams worked.

Laurelkit, WindClan Kit: 10/30

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey Image10
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlekit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2276

PostSubject: Re: Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 22 Apr 2021 - 7:16

Was she ready for her moonstone? Of COURSE she wasn't! She was a kit born to an Asylum cat, who helped take over the Clans, and a cat who BETRAYED the Clans! She was freaking out! StarClan was the protector of the 5 Clans, surely they would not like her, considering her heritage! And to make matters worse, the one thing she was supposed to remain loyal to, her family, she abandoned. What if StarClan decided that she had to leave ShadowClan? Would they actually kick her out? Where would she go?

Still, if she wanted to prove anything, she had to go through with this. Besides, Flintstar wouldn't kick her out, right? He knew all of this that had her so worried, and he still accepted her. They all had. So it was with a smile that she lapped up the herbs. "Thanks, Rookfire! The honey really helps! Mistyfalcon said that the traveling herbs were normally terrible, but these aren't that bad!"

Following her medicine cat, she was in absolute awe as he led her through the tunnel. Inside the cave, there was a giant stone, and it was glowing. She could only nod along to what Rookfire was saying to her, absolutely starstruck by the sight before her. So she just had to touch her nose to the stone. She could do that, right? And yet, her steps were unsure as she padded forward, eventually making contact with the smooth surface before being lulled to sleep.

When she opened her eyes again, she was definitely somewhere new. Was this StarClan, like Rookfire said? It was.....oddly beautiful. Looking around, she saw a calico tom, with scars on his right shoulder. The scars she recognized as the mark of a Standard Captain. So he was an Asylum cat then? How come Rosepaw had never seen him?

"Hello? Are you the cat I am supposed to speak to?"

Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | #4E5A64
Adderpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #99b586 (Forest) #1e5c2f (Feral) (Not Pictured)
Thistlekit | WindClan Kit | #c0673a (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 25 Apr 2021 - 8:25

Instead of the star-speckled pelt of the warrior ancestors, the imposing calico tom seemed to be enwreathed by an ethereal glow. Each pawstep caused the earth surrounding his pads to carry a similar light. Bright green eyes settled on Rosepaw, burning with surreal intensity. The Standard Captain's gait was as unfaltering in the afterlife as it had been when he walked among the living. This place was strange, at the fringes of Starclan territory, swirling with navy horizons acting as boundaries to unforeseen lands. Iniko had not died a warrior nor had he ever desired to become one but it was a deeply ingrained and ever-lasting Oasis belief surpassing generations that had brought him here. He recognized Starclan as he did any afterlife fellow cats recognized, and he'd earned their favor in his passing.

"Faizah... Rosepaw." The tom's voice echoed, as honeyed and strong as ever. Gaze swirled with countless emotions as he drank in the moment. To look upon his kit in the most tangible way spoke how truly wonderous the afterlife had treated him. Tavora was in there too, proof of the bond that had blossomed from a love and desire more real than anything he had ever experienced in his many travels. It had turned out that life's greatest mission was a thing far less grand than conquering a forest; falling in love with Tanglerose was a feat that compared to none else, perhaps only rivaled by the idea of a fatherhood cut short. Slowly, a rich smile twisted up the sides of his maw and genuine warmth spread to his gaze. There was only a brief pause as he sized up the young cat before the warm timbre of his voice echoed once again.

"I'm your father, Faizah, Iniko." His own name sounded short, clipped, in comparison to the many clan names he was sure that she was used to. Feathery tail lashing back and forth, Iniko dipped his head ever so slightly, "The ancestors of the clans were kind enough to let me walk these lands in order to meet you. For that, I am eternally in their debt." The long tail behind him beckoned the apprentice forward, inviting her to converse with him. If this was to be their only time together, Iniko was determined to not waste a moment.
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlekit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2276

PostSubject: Re: Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 25 Apr 2021 - 12:19

Rosepaw's jaw fell as Iniko introduced himself as her father. And, he wanted to see her? With slow, tentative steps, she made her way to the calico tom, tears in her eyes. "You're not mad at me? I left the Asylum. I thought you would be ashamed. Tavora, Galloway, Hyacinth, and Kirabo all hate me. And I deserve their hate. I abandoned them. You should hate me too. I'm a terrible daughter, and an even worse sister."

Although she had never met Iniko, she still felt the urge to bury her face in his fur, as though she had known her father her whole life. In fact, she actually found herself moving to do just that, before stopping herself. Would he even want to be embraced? Tavora never really did. What if he was the same?

"Iniko, can you tell me something? Did I do the right thing, choosing to join ShadowClan? They have all been really welcoming, and I really like it there, and I know I can't choose differently now if I wanted to, but it feels like there is a hole in my heart and I need to know if I was right. Please."

Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | #4E5A64
Adderpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #99b586 (Forest) #1e5c2f (Feral) (Not Pictured)
Thistlekit | WindClan Kit | #c0673a (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 11:04

All these words, all these desperate pleas for answers... Iniko found his silken tongue stunned for once. The greatest gift of his life had blossomed into this hopeful creature before him. An urge to comfort her was overwhelming but a guilt stalled his paws. A low breath escaped from the sides of his maw. There was a pause, and it looked as if his chest had been constricted, before he bowed his head. He had to force himself to find her gaze as he spoke, an undertone of defeat lining his words, "I was planning to leave, too, you know. Before I passed, it had been decided another standard captain would take my place. Things could have been different. Tavora and I, all of us, could have lived such a wonderful life together in lands far away from the forest."

Iniko straightened up, abandoning the self-pity that threatened to consume him. The words that needed to be said, the wisdom that he needed to bestow, it was a given that he, himself had to truly believe it. He stood to his paws and settled at her side. Their pelts were brushed in the gentlest way as the calico tom's feathery tail wrapped around Rosepaw. He made sure to find her gaze when he spoke, "Every cat has their own path. There are plenty of things that we cannot control in life and all you can do it make the most of where your paws lead you. Spend more time looking forward, my kit. Who is to say what is the most right and the most wrong? Even in the afterlife, there are only so many answers to be found. I trust you to know what is best for yourself, Rosepaw. I'm happy to hear they treat you well."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rosepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1