Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dovahkiin [Cays]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 2:09

Nightwind stood in the moor and felt the powerful new-leaf gales rush and whirl around his body. He watched the moor grass and which way it was flowing, easily seeing the wind before it reached him. He inhaled slowly and deeply, and exhaled just as slowly several times. He spread his paws evenly apart as if getting ready for combat, but it wasn't combat he sought. He breathed deeply for several more minutes, using the hairs in his ears and his whiskers to detect even the most minute changes in the wind. If he was going to live on the moor, then he was going to learn to be Windclan cat. His pupils began to dilate and his heart began to race. His claws unsheathed and pierced the earth beneath them. The wind whirled toward him, then changed direction to blow into his left side. Nightwind turned at that moment and sprinted to the right, letting the wind push his light cat's body forward. He stretched his legs out as far as he possibly could before slapping them back down to the ground. His Skyclan trained haunches were still powerful enough to propel him forward a great distance before he needed to place his paws back to the earth. He sucked in his breath as he threw his forelegs forward and exhaled when they hit the dirt and carried him onward. He was getting the hang of timing his breathing to get his muscles as much oxygen as they needed to both go the distance just as much as eat up the distance.

Even Nightwind was surprised to see how fast he was becoming. He probably wasn't as fast as some of the fastest Windclan cats, but he could tell that his speed was at least respectable. Or was that his Skyclan arrogance resurfacing? If he didn't know better, he'd think he had some distant Windclan ancestry long forgotten in his Skyclan bloodline. Not that he had spent enough time on the moor and among other Windclan cats... the more natural this was beginning to feel. It felt good to just pick a direction and run without having to weave through and dodge trees. If only he had an opportunity to find an occasional tree to leap off of while he ran... it would feel like flying. Hares and rabbits panicked and exploded in all directions at the sight of a flying shadow zooming across the moor, but he had no interest in giving chase. Not at the moment, at least. He wanted to train his body for speed, after training it for strength all of these moons. If he ever found a way to truly balance it, stars help any cat that dared cross him.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 4:34

The wind rustled through the moor’s grassy field. It whispered through her black and orange coat, green eyes blended into the soft green blades. Her friends. They caressed her pelt, the sun-filled rays filled her with a warm glow. There was nothing better than being out here. Even if she did fall a little bit behind on the border patrol. Still she had no doubts Flurryfox would return for her, or that she would find her own way back to camp. Eventually.

Her peaceful rest in the green field was interrupted by a scuffing sound on the ground. She blinked wide eyes between the blades of grass while she settled onto her four paws neatly. Careful steps led her in the direction of the soft scratches. A rabbit? It looked huge. She stared at the large creature in front of her. It almost seemed bigger than a rabbit… it was… oh! A hare! Her eyes darted down to the huge back feet which thumped at each step. It was a huge meal for the clan… her den mates would be delighted!

With great care, she lowered herself to the ground. Stalked carefully through the grass, trying to disturb it as little as possible while the large ears of her prey blocked her from its vision. It chewed steadily at small little shoots on the ground. Distracted it continued, unaware of the she-cat until she leapt onto its back. She winced when it bucked, then started to run before she hooked her claws in front of its forepaws, tripped it and leaned in for a killing bite.

The hare battered her flank with a leg. She winced but slid out of the way, her grip still firm until it stopped. Then she lifted her head, looking around for any other cat in the area. Keen green eyes spotted a black cat racing through the moor.

Nightwind!” She yowled cheerfully. “Nightwind! Come see what I caught!

Quailpaw loses 3 sp
20/20 HP
77/70 SP

Last edited by Cays on Sun 11 Apr 2021 - 4:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15123

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 4:34

The member 'Cays' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 4:52

He almost didn't hear his name being called over the rush of the wind. The second time his name was called however, Nightwind turned his attention to an apprentice aged kit that was squawking at him. Does Windclan just let their apprentices wander off where ever they want? This was the second time an apprentice had called out to him, completely alone. He slowed himself to a casual lope and changed direction to go see what the apprentice wanted. As he closed the distance between them, he realized... a hare. Ah. She wanted to show off her kill. Fair enough.

"Wow! Nicely done! All by yourself too? Amazing!" He was more than happy to talk her up. Getting in good with Windclan's youngest could potentially help him in the long run. So be it. He'd play "best friend" with some apprentices for a bit and see what became of it.

"I don't think I know your name yet though... I'm sorry." He put on an expression of embarrassment and flashed her a pearly white grin.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 4:59

Quailpaw’s smile only grew when the black pelted tom stopped, then padded towards her. Black and orange tail proudly showing the way through the tall grass to her kill. Her chest puffed proudly at his praise.
I heard it rustling, and I caught it. I bet its big enough to feed at least a couple cats.” She paused, then looked at it. It really was big… maybe too big.

How was she going to get it back to camp? She couldn’t just drag it. It’d take a long time, maybe until nightfall to get the entire thing over there. She blinked wide green eyes at the kill she somewhat regretted now. Maybe a mouse would have been a better idea. Wait- her head turned to Nightwind. A full-grown warrior could totally carry it!

Her head lowered, ears flattened with embarrassment. A paw forepaw scratched lightly at the dirt. “Can you help me get it back to camp?” Hope filled her voice while she looked up at Nightwind with big wide green eyes. “It’s too big to carry alone.

Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 5:17

He'd get the apprentice's name later. She was clearly too excited over her kill to pay attention for long, which didn't bother him. He remembered his first catch, and although he had always been more composed than most apprentices, he understood how she felt.

"I will gladly help you carry it back." He said with an enthusiastic nod of his head. He bent down to grab the hare by it's ears and lifted it, content to drag the giant catch this way. It's pelt would protect the meat from being ruined by being dragged across the moor. He took a few steps toward camp... and his foot fell directly into a rabbit hole that he hadn't seen. He dropped the hare's ears in surprise, then glowered at the hole that had consumed his paw.

"There sure are a lot of these here, aren't there?" The question was rhetorical. He yanked his paw from the rabbit hole, judging by the size of it it must have been a very small one. He grabbed the ears of the hare again and continued to walk, though this time, more carefully.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 5:27

Relieved that she wouldn’t have to drag it across the ground, she helped Nightwind get a good grip on its pelt. Her own smaller body nudged and pushed it so that its hindquarters laid over her back.
Yeah! There sure are!” She responded happily, the weight of her catch kept her from jumping excitedly. “Some of them aren’t just holes though, they’re tunnels. Rumour has it that they go all over the forest. I’ve never really gone into them though. Apparently, they’re very dangerous, only really good for hiding from predators now.” Her voice carried on the breeze while she joyfully padded along.

Then she blinked, realising something. Nightwind had asked her a question? No… yes! Yes he did.
Oh! I’m Quailpaw by the way. Silverpaw’s sister.” Quailpaw added cheerfully while she made a large step over a rabbit hole almost completely obscured by thick grass. “I guess we haven’t really met have we? I barely see you in camp for long.

Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 5:47

Nightwind was listening, though he didn't have a keen interest on what she was saying until... Tunnels? The whole forest..? He looked back down at her curiously, but she didn't say much more about it. That was expected of an apprentice he supposed. Still, that had piqued his interest. She didn't say the moor... she said the forest. All those moons of sniding Windclan under their breaths and Skyclan could have been invaded from the ground this entire time? Nightwind had to see these tunnels for himself... perhaps he could convince the apprentice to show him after he dropped off her hare.

"Quailpaw, nice to meet you." He said through his teeth and hare ears. "I don't hang out in camp long unless I'm asleep. I'm new to the clan. I have to make myself useful, you know? No one wants to have to take care of a bunch of lazy lay-abouts." Himself included. He would spend a few moons in Windclan then probably disappear as Nightwind forever... unless the moors ended up giving him a very good reason to be a permanent resident. Though he didn't have high hopes.

"What does your brother look like? I may have seen him around but I can't be sure." He also noted that there seemed to be a large amount of females in Windclan. He wasn't complaining of course... but he had to wonder if being lead by a she-cat and the majority of the clan being she-cats was what proliferated the "welcoming to outsiders" attitude.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin [Cays]   Dovahkiin [Cays] Empty