Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey   Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 22 Sep 2020 - 8:16

Beechpaw silently put together two bundles of traveling herbs, tufted ears pinned back in dark irritation as she did so. She wasn't looking forward to today's trip. She was happy her brother was one step closer to becoming a warrior, really. And they had gotten better at tolerating each other. That didn't mean she enjoyed his company or particularly wanted to spend time on a long walk together.

With a frustrated sigh, the large apprentice picked up the two herb bundles and stalked out of the den. Activity was still relatively light around the overcrowded camp, but the sun cast warmth into the camp and things would be crowded soon enough. Time to find Dawnpaw and get moving. The sooner this was over with, the better.

Spotting her brother's sleeping form near the other Skyclan apprentices, Beechpaw approached.

"Dawnpaw." Voice gruff, she retreated a few steps away, waiting for her brother with an impatient flick of her tail.

"Eat these and let's go." She said, placing one of the herb bundles in front of him before turning to lap up her own, her face remaining expressionless as she did so, showing no signs of discomfort at their bitter taste.

She hadn't bothered trying to sweeten the herbs, knowing now that it didn't help much. Still, she kept an eye on Dawnpaw to see his reaction anyways.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3020

PostSubject: Re: Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey   Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 22 Sep 2020 - 21:01

Dawnpaw was out when his sister approached and woke him, but even then he barely registered that he was actually being spoken to and it wasn't just a dream. One blue eye eased open to see her already shuffling out of the apprentice den. Groggy and confused, but at least mildly concerned, Dawnpaw got to his feet and followed her out.

"What..?" He asked as he stepped outside, his eyes still sticking together and his mind still fuzzy. He looked down at the herbs she brought. After a moment of staring at them and then watching her eat her own, it finally dawned on his what was going on.

Honestly.... he had completely forgot that he was supposed to make a Moonstone Journey at some point in his life.

"Oh... this." He said with a snort. He dropped his head and took in a deep breath. He shot his head forward and clamped down on the herbs, resembling a ravenous goat more than a cat, and swallowed them as fast as he could. He choked a little, his throat still dry from sleeping, but after a few hard swallows he managed to get the vile plants down his neck.

"Should we even be talking to Star-Jerks at this point? Look at what they allowed to happen to our home." He glanced over at the blackened lands that was once Skyclan territory. Dawnpaw's ears flattened against his head somewhat.

"Nevermind... let's just go I guess. Stars forbid we grow a set and break tradition." He practically hissed. Besides... he'd already swallowed the nasty plants. He looked at his sister, some of the sleep starting to wear off, and was prepared to follow her to the one place he didn't want to go.

I refuse to break. I will not change. Today will not affect me in any way. Dawnpaw thought in his head.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey   Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 12:46

Beechpaw couldn't help it, her whiskers twitched as Dawnpaw choked down the herbs. Served him right, for everything. At his words, a bitter laugh escaped her.

"I didn't make the rules, we have to do this whether we like it or not." Beechpaw wasn't even sure if she truly believed in what Starclan said, if she was being honest with herself. Oh, she believed they existed, didn't doubt that for a second, but she wasn't so sure on what advice they had to offer. They'd wanted Sagelight to take her for an apprentice, after all. How wise could they truly be? Still, a formality was a formality. And at this point, Beechpaw was finally starting to be okay with doing things she didn't particularly want to do. She'd take her piece of foxdung brother to the moonstone. She wouldn't enjoy it, but she would do it.

"The sooner we get this over with, the better." She agreed, turning to stalk out of camp. She wouldn't allow herself to admit that her brother might have had a point. If Aspenheart was watching her from Starclan, maybe he'd be kind enough to send a bit of patience her way. Patience to keep from throwing her brother off the gorge, perhaps, or the patience to not claw his fur off. Maybe the stars could somehow silence him for the journey to highstones and back, that would certainly be helpful.

---

This journey to highstones definitely wasn't on the list of her favorite things to do. Stalking up to mothermouth, the entrance to the passage that would lead them to the moonstone, Beechpaw turned her head to look at her brother.

Her fur was ruffled, and Beechpaw took a breath, held it and then exhaled, struggling to calm her anger and force her fur to lie flat once more.

"Stay quiet, and follow me down the passage. When we get to the moonstone, press your nose to it and lay down." Beechpaw didn't bother to warn him about the tight space, or the need to use his whiskers. She wanted to just get this over with. Her brother was insufferable, but maybe Starclan could knock some sense into him. Aspenheart had done it for her, after all. For all the good that was doing her now.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3020

PostSubject: Re: Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey   Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 30 Sep 2020 - 20:58

Dawnpaw himself wasn't so chatty. The fire had changed a lot about him and the way he thought about things. The fight to keep Beechpaw safe from the rogue cat had made him realize that he actually liked her more than even he thought he did. She was an irritating brat, but he wouldn't let some other cat tear her to pieces. That said... he didn't have to be the best brother ever just because of their shared traumatic experiences. A tiny bit of the old Dawnpaw came back for just a moment when they approached the mothermouth.

"I can't tell you how much I appreciate you helping me to become a warrior Beechpaw." He said with a soft voice. He allowed a pause, long enough for the both of them to enter mothermouth, but then continued with a horribly mischievous grin. "I'm sorry Starclan decided that you weren't fit and told you to become a medicine cat instead. I know how important that was to you." Did he care about being quiet? Absolutely not.

He had no respect for starclan, tradition, or the warrior code. This was simply something he had to endure, just as much for him as it was for Beechpaw. He eventually found his way to where the moonstone was, instinctively feeling with his whiskers.

Time to get this foxdung over with... He laid down and took in a... fairly loud sigh... before he pressed his nose to the stone.

Bring it, star lads...

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey   Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020 - 21:27

It had been so, so very long since Lilyflight was able to stretch her legs.

Like many cats in the starry heavens, the long-dead SkyClan cat had faded into the background. Those who knew her were all passed on, and she had no tether left to the living world. She entered the blissful nirvana of having absolutely no responsibilities in the world, and she was contented with it. The cream-colored young she-cat was no spirit guide. That wasn't her style, not in life or in death. But Dawnpaw needed some serious help. Maybe that's why she shoved herself into the foreground, anxious to meet this strange 'paw.

SkyClan had changed very much since she had left them, but their scent stayed the same. Lilyflight circled the tom, eyeing him up and down as she purred a greeting. "You don't seem happy to see me, Dawnpaw," she chortled. "Couple of these Star-Jerks wanted to lay into you, but I couldn't let them. I felt bad for you. My name is Lilyflight. I ran away from SkyClan after my brother started foolin' around with a kitty from outside the clan. I joined a rogue cult, fought the leader to go home, and died of my wounds... tragically young. Boo-hoo for me, I guess."

Returning to Dawnpaw's front, Lilyflight sat down across from him. "Tragically young" was certainly an adequate descriptor. She was no older than eleven or twelve moons, having only been named a warrior by her brother as she died. Lilyflight had not been enlightened by her ascension to StarClan, and about her was the aura of a truly misguided and childish soul. It was a wonder that she even made the cut. But, she thought, Dawnpaw would probably find himself in the same paws, someday. "Listen, chickadee," she said sharply. "I know a thing or two about being young and stupid. You're young, so that's one thing we got in common... so, are you stupid?"

Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey   Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawnpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1