Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting For....(closed)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2020 - 3:04

Thank StarClan! He was relieved that his father was finally ready to help. Strom wasn't scot-free though. Kerath was not going to easily let go of what had occurred. He'll be having a thorough chat with Mink afterward. The apprentice was worried for him. Hopefully the older tom would cooperate. They'll both be needing a good nap once this is all over. For now, this fox was the priority. They needed to get rid of it and fast.

"Hnn!" It was getting harder and harder to hold the predator down. At least, he can keep it down long enough for his father to get a few good hits in. He was stronger and larger than the apprentice so he'll really be dealing some damage. Luckily, they were succeeding, judging by the pained yelps the creature under him was making. Kestrelpaw shoved at it harder and raked his claws into it's flesh once again. He might as well contribute his fair share before he'd have to let go.

"Dad, I can't hold it much longer. Be ready to attack when I let go. I'll try my best to help some more but I-I don't know much about battling. I'll give it my best shot though." warned the white and brown tabby as he shoved the beast one last time before leaping away, barely missing the bite aimed in his direction. They now had to work as a unit. He wasn't sure if they'd get out of this without injuries but so far, it seemed like the odds were in their favor. If only it would stay that way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kestrelpaw used Leap-and-Hold on the Fox, dealing 6 damage and using 10 SP. Fox is stunned for 1 more turn!

Kestrelpaw:

20/20[HP]
54/80[SP] (-10 SP)

Fox:
61/90[HP] (-6 HP)
280/280[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
262/280[SP]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A yelp erupted from his maw as the bigger cat slashed at his vulnerable form. So much for easy food. He regretted engaging with the two cats already, however, he wasn't going to back down. There was no going back from this now. At this moment, what mattered was to get himself free.

Finally! After a while of hard struggling, he managed to release himself from the smaller feline's clutches. Before it could jump away, he tried to snap his jaws on one of it's legs. He fumed with it had dodged away from his attack. He was looking forward to shed some blood. He was ready to enact his revenge!

Fox is no longer stunned!

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1212

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Oct 2020 - 22:19

Every sound from the fox and every flash of its teeth and eyes still sent cold shudders down his spine, images and feelings long buried threatening to rise again. Minkstream gritted his teeth, his green eyes narrowed as he focused, fighting to keep his mind together. Too bad Mottledspark hadn't managed to teach him much on this before he died.

No matter what, ya have to keep goin'. Ya can't stop. Stop, and it gets to you.

He nodded at Kerath's instruction, flicking a look at his son, partly to judge how he was doing, partly to keep himself in the here and now. The sound of his voice helped, drowned the ones in his mind out. But in the glance he saw it was clear the apprentice couldn't hold it for much longer. "Leap clear when you can't hold it." His own voice still didn't sound right to his ears. Strained, stretched. Taut as the rest of him.

Can't stop. Keep moving.

An instant later it broke loose, and he felt his heart thud into his throat as it snapped after Kerath. No connection, though. But for a moment its attention turned from him, and this time he leaped forward with purpose in mind, fighting back cold ripples as he aimed with precision.

"Don't freeze in the moment ya need yourself."

His paws came down, claws rending at its snarling head, quick movements slicing at eyes, ears, and nose in calculated strikes. A low snarl rumbled from his maw, something savagely satisfied at drawing blood from this - the object of nightmares that had haunted him for years. At least it helped draw back the fear clawing to get back out, something else to focus on, away from that vision of blood and snow, Sharptooth's life bleeding out-

Don't.

His eyes sought Kestrelpaw, voice coming out in a quick snap as he sliced one last time at its snarling face, right at one of the hateful yellow eyes. "Take its back while it's distracted! Yank the tail!"

Leaping back again, he hissed at the creature, daring it on even as every hair on his body told him to flee. I don't know how much longer I can do this. He had to, or they'd both suffer for it. You can collapse after it's dead, He told himself wryly, preparing to dodge if it came for him, feeling the earth under his claws, the morning air in his pelt - the present, real world.

Just keep going.

Minkstream used Rending Front Paws, dealing -17 damage and using 25 SP.

Kestrelpaw:

20/20[HP]
54/80[SP]

Fox:
44/90[HP] (-17 HP)
280/280[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
237/280[SP] (-25 SP)

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 2:35

OOC: Super sorry for the delay! Irl got busy and I just got around to posting. ^^;

IC: Right! He's gotta get it while it's distracted! His father said go for the tail so he'll be doing that. He scrambled around the fox and focused his sights on the predator's lashing appendage. The apprentice bit it with enough force to make it squeal out then yanked it as hard as he could. He was successful in bringing it down once again. "Got it!" Kerath exclaimed once he let go. He spit out the blood that got into his maw and rushed toward the older tom, stopping to stand by his side. He had effectively stunned it just a little longer to buy them a bit more time. His green gaze never left the beast's form. He couldn't let it out of his sights. It looked more furious than it had been before. Hopefully it'll end soon. He wanted them both to leave here with all thier appendages.

He awaited his father's next move with a tense stance. He'll be ready for any command that came his way. He wanted to be as useful as he could be. Being this inexperienced made him feel useless and like he wasn't really contributing much at all. However, he won't let that stop him from doing his best. He had to think and act strong. If he was to be a warrior one day, he needed to learn how to think on his paws better. He was quick but he needed to train himself to be faster. It was important for him to be the best version of himself he can be. It'll really do the clan and his own self well.  
Kestrelpaw used Tail Yank on the Fox, dealing 2 damage and using 10 SP. Fox is stunned for 1 turn!

Kestrelpaw:

20/20[HP]
44/80[SP] (-10 SP)

Fox:
42/90[HP] (-2 HP)
280/280[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
237/280[SP]
A blinding pain shot up his spine as sharp teeth bit down on his tail and yanked it hard, making him stagger down with a cry. This wasn't going good for him. The older of the two had just pummeled his face with merciless claws before the smaller brought him back down onto the hard, unforgiving ground. Despite his dire circumstance, he was in no way going to back down. One of those cats was going to feel his wrath and feel it they will. Nobody was getting away unscathed if he had the last say. He's going to do what he must to bring one down with him!

Fox is no longer stunned!

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020 - 17:36

(ooc: Delay? Uhh, I wouldn't call that a delay, considering my own slow posting XD You're all good, just take as much time as you need!)

The fox's lips drew back in a snarl, its form bunching to leap after him, and Minkstream tensed, ready to leap himself, feeling a trembling deep in his own muscles. But before it could, a sharp yelp of shock came from its muzzle as it stumbled and fell, and Minkstream heard his son's call, followed a moment later by his pelt dashing around to come up beside him. A quick smile flickered over his maw against the tension as he flicked a look at Kerath, warmth fighting against the creeping chill still swirling in his depths.

There wasn't time to focus on it, the fox's furious yellow eyes sparked, red dribbling into one of them above flashing teeth. No foam. Not this time. His mind moved as quickly as it could, a snap decision made as he leapt forward again, bring both paws down on its head, the snarl cutting off into a half-yelp in surprise. "Try for the belly while I've got its head!"

Minkstream used Upright Lock, dealing -17 damage and costing 25 SP.

Kestrelpaw:
20/20[HP]
44/80[SP]

Fox:
25/90[HP] (-17 HP)
280/280[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
212/280[SP] (-25 SP)

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 1:47

OOC: Sorry again for the slow posting. It's been a tough week and I was drained physically. :(

IC: Kestrelpaw swiftly did what he was told and slid under it's belly once it was brought down by his father. It's movements were wobbly and much slower than before, a clear indication that it was at a much more weakened state. At this rate, it wasn't going to last long and Kerath was starting to feel relief. Okay! They could end this! Despite what seemed like a sure, clean victory, fate had other plans.

Before he could scramble away as he had done previously, he was suddenly pinned down hard by the fox. The tom's eyes widened in shock and fear. "Da-!" he tried to cry out but was cut off by the nasty jaws of the beast taking a hold of the back of his neck. He froze and his fur spiked in terror. He couldn't even begin to try and struggle. The fox leaped back and shook him with vigor and malice. His whole vision swam and he struggled to inhale a breath. He faintly felt being thrown away, discarded like a rotten piece of meat. His ears were ringing and he struggled to stay awake. He needed to go back and help his dad! He felt the prickle of worry spread throughout his roughed up body. He attempted to get up but the dizziness caused him to fall back down, limp. Oh StarClan, help them both. Darkness soon enveloped him, Minkstream dominating every aspect of his thoughts. Hopefully his father could beat the fox for them both.
Kestrelpaw used Belly Rake on the Fox, dealing 7 damage and using 10 SP.[b]

Kestrelpaw:

20/20[HP]
34/80[SP] (-10 SP)

Fox:
18/90[HP] (-7 HP)
280/280[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
212/280[SP]
His vision blurred and his breathing began to get ragged as the bigger of the two cats brought two paws down hard onto his head. He let out a cry when a smaller figure slid under and began to rake it's claws into his vulnerable underside. He shook his head viciously and in a rage pinned the cat under him, preventing it from rushing away. He roughly snatched the scruff of it's neck, scrambled back, and harshly shook it around. As soon as it hung limply, most likely dazed, he flung it away with a snarl and refocused on the larger cat. He wished he had really injured the smaller feline but he couldn't allow himself to brush off the other one. It was the more dangerous of the two. At least he brought one down.
Fox used Thrash on the Kestrelpaw, dealing 20 damage and using 20 SP. "Kestrelpaw is stunned for 2 turns!"

Fox:
18/90[HP]
260/280[SP] (-20 SP)

Kestrelpaw:
0/20[HP] (-20 HP) (K.O!)
34/80[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
212/280[SP]

Last edited by MummyMiddy on Sat 31 Oct 2020 - 22:20; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 1:47

The member 'MummyMiddy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 Mistpe10
Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 1:59

(ooc: tis alright! Are you okay with me ending the fight here? I can edit it if you'd rather, but there isn't really much point with its health this low and Kerath out of it, so I thought I'd kill it dead)

The flicker of Kerath's tail caught the corner of his eye as he leapt back again, claws tufted with blood and clumps of fur. The cry of the fox in his ears brought a shiver of fear mingled in savage satisfaction. It was weakening - as soon as Kestrelpaw was back again they could-

Suddenly whipping around, the fox snarled and made a grab for his son.

His blood ran cold, turning to ice, frozen in his veins. An agonized heartbeat of sheer shock as the teeth dug into the apprentice's smaller body. Kerath's startled cry cut off as it yanked him into the air, green eyes wide, helpless.

"KERATH!"

He finally found his voice, paws digging into the earth belatedly just as the beast flung the limp tabby body aside. Minkstream couldn't feel his body anymore, his heart beating in his throat, the red pounding thumping in his ears. It was the cold, it was the snow. The snarl of a rabid fox and the glow of yellow eyes tearing murderously into his. Slavering teeth buried red in the spine of a friend. Frozen, too shocked to run.

A snarl tore free of his throat, the snow ribboning through the trees around them. Only him, the fox, and long-dead memories. The cry of grief in the howl of the wind spurred his paws to move as it lunged at him, and claws tore its nose, slashes of red. It reeled with a yelp, head jerking up for just a moment.

His teeth glinted white, the opportunity wide open. Bitter red copper flooded into his mouth as they sunk into flesh, the rumbling growl choking as it ran free. He could feel the high-pitched screeching whine throbbing in its throat, the tug on his body as it thrashed, but his jaws stayed clamped down, digging deeper until finally he jerked back, stumbling as he found his paws again. Rasping breath grated in his ears, his own and the last gurgling breaths of the creature in front of him as it weakly toppled, legs still moving, sticky red still flowing onto the white of its chest.

For a moment he just stood there, legs braced, panting, blinking in the whirling mix of white, red, and green. A cough spat from his maw, the taste of the fox's blood putrid on his tongue, and he shook his head, feeling dizzyness roil in it for a moment. On legs suddenly wobbly and distant, he turned, somehow finding through the blizzard the form of his son and staggering towards him. The ground came up to his belly fur, his nose pressed into a familiar pelt, the scent of blood sharp on it. How badly was he wounded? Minkstream couldn't tell through the peppering white and black spots in his vision, a ringing worse than twoleg sounds buzzing in his ears.

"Kerath...." His voice was a faint broken rasp in his ears, jolting the whirlwind back. "Tell me you're alright. Tell me you're okay."

Minkstream used Killing Bite, using 10 SP and deading fox. Fox is dead.

Fox:
0/90[HP] (-18 SP) (K.O!)
260/280[SP]

Kestrelpaw:
0/20[HP]
34/80[SP]

Minkstream:
100/100[HP]
202/280[SP][/b] (-10 SP)

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2020 - 13:04

OOC: Yup! That's all good! Proud of Minkdad for reaping that fox's soul. XD Also, dang it this is late again :/

IC: "Mmm... huh? Wha happn'?" he asked, voice heavily slurred as he forced his bleary green eyes to open. He struggled to maintain consciousness but managed to stay awake. His eyelids felt heavy and his whole body felt as if a few monsters had ran him over. Not a few moments after, He suddenly lifted his head, eyes wide with panic. The fox! He forgot that he and his father had been fighting a fox. He doesn't know how long he'd been knocked out for but it was probably long enough for the fight to have ended since the sounds of a battle were no longer echoing around him. He ached all over but he payed no mind to his injuries and forced himself to try and get up, anxious to find out where his dad was.

Before the tom could do so, he felt a weight prodding his side. He looked down and sighed with relief. Minkstream was fine. He didn't seem injured in any way and that soothed the apprentice even more. "Dad? Is the fight over?" he asked, flinching at the rough sound in his voice. He cleared his throat before continuing, "I-I'm sorry for scaring you. I should've been more careful. I'm alright dad. Just a bit sore and dizzy and only a few bites but I-I'll be fine." He was trying his best to calm his father down. He hated seeing Mink this broken. It didn't suit him at all.
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2020 - 17:05

Minkstream nodded, his eyes closed in relief at the sound of Kerath's voice, just heard through the static. It helped push the wooziness swirling in his head back, his muscles still trembling as the adrenaline drained out of his body. "It's over."

The words made him realize just how fatigued he was, mind and body both. The battering of everything had left him feeling drained, the light feeling in his head threatening to swamp over him. A wan hint of a smile pulled at his maw as Kerath continued, and he shook his head slightly, the action helping his mind to clear a little further, his voice cracked, but stronger than it had been before. "You can't help it when that happens. Nobody can." A distant image flickered through his mind - a narrow alleyway and a mess of broken twoleg junk, bleary yellow eyes glinting in it. "Predators... happen."

His eyes opened slightly, and he squinted to try and bring his eyes back into focus. It wasn't that they couldn't see, or he'd been inexplicably blinded, just that he was having trouble sorting out what he was seeing - his mind still whirling a stream's worth of moons ago and sliding in and out. He couldn't trust himself to tell that he wasn't looking at something from the past right now, and the injury looked eerily similar to Sharptooth's - oozing blood and raw. "How - how badly are you wounded?"

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 1:05

Kestrelpaw's shoulders sagged in relief and he allowed himself to release the shaky breath he'd been holding in. It was over. No more fox. They were both safe now. Thank StarClan. The young tom grunted a bit as he struggled to sit up. Once he was victorious in his endeavor, without his knowledge, his smaller form pressed itself against his father's. He subconsciously sought comfort, something he rarely did. He had just gone through a harrowing event it was all fine if he let himself slack for a bit. It had been his first fight and he hadn't been ready at all. Foxes were certainly something not to be messed with. That was a lesson well learned. It's already engraved in his memories. Sheesh. Hopefully he wouldn't have nightmares or flashbacks later down his training. Speaking of flashbacks...

The apprentice's gaze settled on his father's face, searching for an answer to... something. He needed to address his father's earlier freeze up. He had never seen something like that happen. It had been disconcerting and panic-inducing. Minkstream had literally become as still as a tree. He had almost allowed himself to become a fox's lunch too. It was by pure will, quick-thinking, and luck that Kerath had thought of stunning the beast before it got it's icky jaws on his dad. There was no way he'd have let it hurt Mink. He was his father, mentor, and the deputy of the clan. He loved him dearly and his adoration had been clearly displayed during the battle. Hopefully his dad wouldn't be mad that he put himself in harm's way multiple times that eventually resulted in him being shaken and thrown away like nothing.

He cleared his throat, an attempt to disperse the rasp, before speaking, "I'm fine, dad. Just a bit shaken and sore. My neck hurts where it grabbed me but not too bad. The only thing that's going to bother me later is the incoming headache. It'll go away once I rest, I promise." He offered a somewhat reassuring smile. It might not be enough to convince Mink but it was worth the shot. "Are... are you hurt anywhere? I can't really see from here. I don't want you to hide any injuries from me." he admonished, green gaze scanning his father's figure and one of his paws gently prodding the older tom's side. It wasn't too long before he spoke up again, this time, casually yet with a stern tone, "Dad, you mind telling me why you froze up when the fox first appeared? You looked like you were having a flashback or something. It was pretty frightening to see. I was scared that the fox would use that opportunity to get you easily. Actually, it was just about to. You were lucky I kinda think quick on my paws." It was best to acknowledge this here and now, while the battle is still very fresh in their minds.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 16:12

He nodded slightly in relief, closing his eyes again and listening to his son continue, his voice still slightly rasping. Something between a smile and a frown hovered briefly on his face at that last, and he cracked open his eyes again to glance into his face. He doubted Kestrelpaw would be completely find with just a rest, but Kerath continued before he could say anything, and this time it was a hint of a smile, with a shade of sheepishness, that tugged at the corner of his maw as his son poked him, and he shook his head slightly. "It never touched me."

Luckily for him. He pushed the memory of glinting jaws as far away from his mind as he could, a vague shudder working its way down his spine through his still slightly-shivering muscles. Grimacing just a little as Kerath went on, he hesitated, feeling his ears tilt slightly backwards. He didn't need any reminders of said flashback right now, but... Kestrelpaw deserved an explanation. He set his jaw, feeling a stir of self-admonishment. I can't get over it. No matter how hard I try.... It had haunted his dreams, always there in his nightmares.... With a sinking feeling of dread, he knew that he'd probably be getting more of those, after this. But at least, at least it was fading, and he could see that Kerath's wounds weren't as bad as he'd feared, though it still looked plenty bad.

Kestrelpaw's last few words, spoken matter-of-factly, made his ears twitch up, breaking him out of his thoughts as smile lilted at the corner of his mouth. "Sure do - Nettlestar should call you Kestrelzap," He half-joked, a little weaker than normal with the whole thing still hanging over his head. Glancing away, he let a slow breath out. "If you hadn't, I'd be dead," He murmured. "Foxes and me...." A muscle in his jaw twitched. "Do you remember the stories me and your mother used to tell you in the nursery? The first time we met, it was because the twolegs had taken both of us. On our way back... there was a fox."

He glanced back at Kerath, forcing his muscles to relax as they threatened to tighten at the memory so recently slashed open again. "Long story short, it lunged for me, and Sharptooth managed to intercept it - dying because of its bite. Eaglepaw died, too." Turning his face away again, he tried to push the memory out of his head, digging his claws into the ground as if to anchor himself. "The whole thing's plagued my nightmares ever since, and when it came out of the bushes like that-" He shook his head abruptly. "It... I don't know what happened. I don't want to know."

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2020 - 2:21

The young tom nodded his head, a shaky yet relieved breath escaping his maw. Minkstream was completely alright. Well, almost completely alright. He seemed to be struggling to keep away what nightmares and bad memories had been plaguing him. The worry Kestrel felt only grew the less Mink was, well, himself. He only felt the smallest twinge of comfort at his father's half-hearted attempt at a joke. He allowed a brief smile to flash on his face but it was gone after the older tom's next set of words. He really didn't want to think about how different the aftermath would have been if he hadn't detained the fox before it had gotten the chance to snatch his dad. The apprentice shook all the negative thoughts away with haste. With the brief tease his father had dished, Kerath had much higher hopes that the Minkstream he knew was still in there somewhere and would hopefully make a longer, maybe even permanent, comeback once Mink revealed the reason behind his previous mishap... if he told him, that is.

His wishes were granted not too long after when his father began to explain. He made sure to refrain from making any comments but he occasionally hummed to let his dad know he was there for him and was still listening. A little into the short retelling, the apprentice had moved closer, side now against side, in a comforting and grounding way. He had sensed that Mink was slowly losing his composure having to recount the source of many of his nightmares. No wonder the sudden and very unexpected appearance of the fox had petrified his father with fear. What he had gone through... What he had lost... Kestrelpaw couldn't even begin to imagine what he'd do or what he'd feel if he were in his fathers paws. Just this battle, he had found himself panicking on what to do and how to help more often than he'd normally be comfortable with.

As soon as the other had finished, the young tom wasted no time in pressing his head against his father's shoulder, as much as an attempt to soothe him as it was to soothe himself. "It's okay, dad. Thank you for telling me. I now understand why and just know, I will never blame you or get angry with you if this ever happens again. You can't help it when that happens. Nobody can. Memories like that will never truly go away but you can try to work around them. Maybe you can even use them to make yourself smarter and stronger. I hope you know that I'm here for you and I know the others are there for you too. We just gotta work together to face our fears and not try to take them head on by ourselves or keep them trapped inside. After all, teamwork's the best if you wanna tackle a problem, no matter what type it is." The tabby apprentice nudged his dad with a soft playfulness after he finished, tone of voice light and gentle. He wasn't sure where those words even came from, most likely from his heart, but what he did know is that this whole experience really opened his eyes and mind. Hopefully his father would take his words to heart.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 21:48

He felt Kerath press against his shoulder, the contact reassuring. An odd sort of mixture between surprise and warm pride slowly trickled through the confusion and horror of the last few moments, thawing the cold that had gripped him like the claws of leaf-bare. Glancing at his son, he couldn't help but admire the wisdom in the younger tom's eyes as he spoke forcefully and completely honestly, yet the gentleness of his tone taking any sting out of them. Stars, I could only wish I was like that when I was younger. I'm pretty sure that didn't come from my side of the family. No, that was much more Batbite's side of things. A flicker of warmth flashed through him at the reminder of the bold molly, along with a slight jolt of guilt. Kerath had almost died, he'd almost died, because he'd frozen. What if he'd had to drag his son's body back because of this, or Kerath his? But... Kestrelpaw was right, he couldn't help it, no matter how hard he tried - and, well, they had survived, so that counted for something. This time... this time things had ended well. They'd managed to get through it. Together.

Teamwork sure is the best way to tackle a problem. You can't deny it.

Slowly, he smiled back as Kestrelpaw nudged him, feeling his claws relax and slide back into their sheaths, a deep breath taken in through his nose and let out quietly. "You've got your mother's wisdom. I don't like talking about it much, not after everything that happened, but... after today... I don't doubt you've got my back - just a little literally," He added with a hint of teasing. Getting to his paws, he glanced down at his son, a slight half-smile pulling up at his maw. "You know, you sound like my old mentor - those are almost the same words he said to me after that whole thing happened." He tilted an ear wryly, adding, "And that tom was one of the wisest cats I knew."

Throwing a cursory glance at the fox's body, he resolutely turned his attention from it, eyeing the wounds on Kerath's back. "We'd better get you back to medicine cat den - a patrol can come by and pick up our prey later. We're not doing any more training today, anyway." He nudged the younger tom to his paws, touching his nose briefly to the other's ear and adding softly, "I'm proud of you, 'paw. Not many cats could do what you did."

Helping to support the younger cat, he continued more positively, a hint of a grin on his maw, "Let's do a little teamwork and stumble back into camp together, huh?"

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting For....(closed)   Hunting For....(closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting For....(closed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2