Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 10:43

With Ravenstar feeling ill that day, the task of performing Downpaw's warrior ceremony fell to her. She'd been informed of what his name would be, and was more than happy to take the reins for it. She remembered the time she'd spent in the apprentice's den with him all those moons ago, and was happy to see him finally coming into the warrior name that he deserved. With a smile, she followed the familiar path up to the summit of the Tallrock, and took a moment to let the wind rustle her fur before she looked down at the camp, heart full of love for her Clan as she called out the familiar words.
"May all cats old enough to run the moor gather beneath the Tallrock!"
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 11:36

Downpaw knew it was for him. But when he saw Olivestone standing on the rock, he faltered, looking around uncertain. Where was Ravenstar? Surely this wasn't another apprentice ceremony? How many of those were they going to have before he joined the Warriors' den? It was insulting! Still, he'd allowed it. He'd made a promise, and he would keep it.

"Downkit... I know how much this means to you... You don't have to wait for me."
"You can't change my mind, Softkit. I won't become an apprentice until you do. and I won't get my Warrior name until you get your medicine cat name."
"B-but Down... You'll have to be an apprentice for a long time! I don't want you to be unhappy.."
"I'll never be unhappy if I'm with you."

Ravenstar-- at the time, Raventail, had understood his request and delayed his cermony until the day before his sister's. Softpaw had recieved her name last night-- she refused to tell him what it was until he got hers, and so he'd told Ravenstar he was ready to become a Warrior.

Confident it was his ceremony, Downpaw strolled out of the apprentices den, sure it was his last time he'd need to ever go in there.

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 13:43

With a smile, she watched as Downpaw approached the rock with the rest of his Clanmates. Now that Softbreeze had her medicine cat name, her brother could get his own warrior name. The bond that the siblings shared warmed Olivestone's heart, and with a nod to Downpaw, she continued.
"Downpaw, step forward."

She gave him a chance to heed her instruction before speaking once more.
"I, Olivestone of WindClan, ask my fellow warriors to look upon this apprentice. He’s trained hard to understand our ways, and I commend him to you as a warrior in return." she looked back down and met his gaze. "Downpaw, do you promise to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 8:45

It was time. The second Olivestone's green eyes met his, he knew, it was time. He would no longer be Downpaw. Who would he be? Downfeather? Too soft. Downbreeze? Honorable, but to be expected as it was his mentor's. Downfall? That would just be cruel. He was dying to know.

"If you die, I won't ever forgive you."
"Grump...? Heh, d-don't worry... Just... Ti..re..d"
"That's easy for you to say! You almost died! Don't ever do that again! I-I..! I don't know what I would do without you.."
"Down... I love you too much to leave you."
"Then stop doing thistle-minded things like this! Do you know how terrified I was? Watching you- you just- you just
fell, and I was so scared. I love you, Softpaw, more than anything else. You are my calm voice of reason, my best friend, my sister, the light of my world. I don't know where I would be without you."
Softpaw cracked a wry smile, hoping the cheer her brother-- whom she'd never seen cry before-- up, "Picking ticks off elders, probably."

Where had the time gone? He remembered everything so vividly. Would things be different know that he was a warrior? No. He would never stop loving her, or his Clan. Finchstar had died for WindClan; and so ould Downpaw. "With my every living breath."

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 14:19

The intensity, the dedication that Downpaw gave off with his words and the tone in which he took his oath made Olivestone smile just a little bit wider, and she hoped she could feel the happiness that she felt for him, somehow.
"Then by the approval of my Clanmates, I give you your warrior name. From this moment on, you will be known as Downtuft. We honor your passion and your dedication to your family and your Clan, and I am proud to welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan.”

Happiness filling her heart, she began the traditional chant.
"Downtuft! Downtuft! Downtuft!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Downpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1