Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Flames as bright as day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

Flames as bright as day Empty
PostSubject: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 11:02

Brightpaw had been on many solo hunts recently, but maybe today was time for a change. How bad could it be? The sun wasn't yet above the treetops, but the apprentice den was pretty much empty, and so she decided to check the warriors den to see if anyone was willing to go on a patrol. She crossed the camp slowly, questioning herself. Why am I doing this? I guess... I only really have one friend. Maybe it would be good to make some more. And I shouldn't really be out by myself as an apprentice anyway. "Does any-cat want to go out hunting?" she mumbled as she stuck her head in the entrance of the den. It, like the apprentices den, was nearly empty, but there were a few cats still in their nests. She sat awkwardly next to the entrance, her head poking through the gap in the brambles and ears pricked forward for an answer.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife

Last edited by khamosa khin on Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silvershadow

Silvershadow

Characters : [I]vypaw, [A]shflame, [W]illow, [H]yacinth
Clan/Rank : [I]SkC App, [A]SC T2 Warrior, [W]T1 Rogue, [H]Asylum Nightstriker/SC
Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyWed 12 Aug 2020 - 12:04

Ashflame stirred when she heard someone call something about hunting from the den entrance. She was immediately wide awake. She was but a shell of her old self after all her kits had died at birth, and hunting would cheer her up. Probably. When she turned and found an apprentice, she knew she would go. She wouldn't have a young cat roaming around the territory alone.

"I'll go," Ashflame offered, dragging herself to her paws and shaking scraps of moss from her pelt, taking a second to groom herself before padding out of the den.

Flames as bright as day Downlo10 Flames as bright as day Downlo15 Flames as bright as day Downlo16

Willow | Loner | T1 Rogue
She-cat
(#993333)

Ashflame | SC | T2 Warrior
She-cat
(#666666)

Ivypaw | SkC | Apprentice
She-cat
(#6666cc)

Hyacinth | Asylum (SC) | Nightstriker (raccoon)
She-cat
(#996699)
unpictured

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyWed 12 Aug 2020 - 13:16

Brightpaw was surprised when her question was answered by a calico warrior. Unsure of her name, the apprentice racked her brain to think of what she knew about the she-cat. She had been a queen in the nursery recently, and what was it? Oh yeah... she thought, all her kits died. Wasn't Emberspark the father? That must be sad for her. The white apprentice didn't dwell on the thought, however, with empathy not being one of her strong suits. "I'm Brightpaw, Emberspak's apprentice" she said simply as they headed out of camp.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Last edited by khamosa khin on Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silvershadow

Silvershadow

Clan/Rank : [I]SkC App, [A]SC T2 Warrior, [W]T1 Rogue, [H]Asylum Nightstriker/SC
Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyWed 12 Aug 2020 - 16:31

"Nice to meet you, Brightpaw. I'm Ashflame," she introduced herself as they padded out of camp and into the forest. Ashflame said nothing as they walked, the silence thick and heavy. "I think this is a nice place," she suggested softly, stopping near one of her favorite hunting spots. It was a small clearing, the ground covered with pine needles from nearby trees. Prey was plentiful here, and Ashflame's paws itched to start hunting.

Flames as bright as day Downlo10 Flames as bright as day Downlo15 Flames as bright as day Downlo16

She-cat
(#993333)

She-cat
(#666666)

She-cat
(#6666cc)

She-cat
(#996699)
unpictured

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 1:05

Brightpaw nodded as the calico introduced herself, and they walked the rest of the way in silence. She enjoyed it, not having to try and hold a conversation. When they stopped in a much-hunted clearing, Brightpaw stopped. Parting her jaws slightly, she lifted her nose to the air and breathed in deeply, searching for the scent of prey. Drifting on the light breeze was the scent of rabbit. In ShadowClan territory, rabbits were fairly rare, and Brightpaw had never successfully caught one before. Who knows? Maybe this time it will work. After locating where it was (on the edge of the clearing) she dropped into a hunting crouch and started stalking it through the trees. She pounced and missed. Due to her unfamiliarity with the prey, she misjudged how far it could jump. It leapt away from her, and ran off deeper into the pine forest. Trying to hide her embarrassment from Ashflame, she returned to the clearing.

Brightpaw used 3 SP to catch a rabbit. Catch was unsuccessful

77/80 SP

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Last edited by shin on Thu 13 Aug 2020 - 1:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 1:05

The member 'shin' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Flames as bright as day Mistpe10
Flames as bright as day Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Silvershadow

Silvershadow

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 15:16

Ashflame watched quietly as Brightpaw tried and failed to catch a rabbit. It wasn't anything to be ashamed of; Ashflame doubted that she had successfully caught a rabbit before. They were fast, those rabbits, and she was surprised one would be in the marshes instead of the WindClan moors where they usually roam. "That was a great attempt!" Ashflame purred. "Remember, rabbits are faster than you and me, so you need to sneak up to it with the wind blowing in your direction. That way the rabbit won't be able to smell you and escape." Ashflame instructed, hoping her words would help. She was also new to mentoring, after all. "I'm sure you'll do better next time!" she encouraged with a light tone before turning away to find her own prey.

Opening her mouth and letting the smell of the forest around her flood her senses, Ashflame searched for hints of prey. The scent of mouse reached her, accompanied by a small rustle. After pinpointing its location Ashflame crept up to the rodent. She checked one last time for anything that could make noise and scare her prey such as leaves, twigs, and branches before pouncing. Paws outstretched, she ended the unsuspecting mouse with a swift bite and trotted back to Brightpaw with her catch dangling by its tail from her jaws.

Ashflame:
45/45 HP
157/160 SP

She-cat
(#993333)

She-cat
(#666666)

She-cat
(#6666cc)

She-cat
(#996699)
unpictured

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Silvershadow on Sun 16 Aug 2020 - 15:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 15:16

The member 'Silvershadow' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 7:55

Brightpaw was glad Ashflame didn't scold her for her lost catch, and briefly thanked her for the advice on how to prevent it. She breathed in deeply to detect more prey scent. Luckily, her missed rabbit had scared away little prey, and many scents crossed the air. Moments after she scented a lizard, she caught a glimpse of it sunning itself in the warn Greenleaf sun, so quickly dropped into a hunting crouch. Step by step, she crept closer to it until it was within pouncing distance. She leap, her paws landing on the lizard and she swiftly killed it in one bite. After adding it to the pile created by Ashflame's mouse, she continued to hunt.

Brightpaw used 3 SP to catch a lizard. Catch was successful

74/80 SP

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Last edited by khamosa khin on Mon 17 Aug 2020 - 7:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 7:55

The member 'khamosa khin' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flames as bright as day   Flames as bright as day Empty

Back to top Go down

Flames as bright as day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: The Pine Grove-
Jump to: