Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

The Bearer of Bad News (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)   The Bearer of Bad News (Closed) EmptySun 26 Jul 2020 - 21:23

Addershade stared around emptily at his surroundings. Everything suddenly seemed strange and muted, like it wasn't real. Like it was all wrong.

His son was gone. It wasn't the first child he'd lost, but...this time felt so different. He had watched Applefang's life fade away right in front of him. The young warrior had died while protecting him. And it had been violent, visceral, tangible. It had been his worst nightmare realized.

But he wasn't the only one who cared about his son, the only one who would be impacted by his passing. His mate and other children would all have to find out about it eventually, sooner rather than later. But there was one cat he thought should know first. And as much as it made his feel anxious and uncomfortable to tell her, he knew it was only right for him to be the one to bring her the news. He spotted her in camp, and approached her, his steps weighed down by pain and regret.

"Streamtail. Streamtail, can we speak in private? There's something....there's something you need to know."
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)   The Bearer of Bad News (Closed) EmptySun 26 Jul 2020 - 21:30

Streamtail sat up immediately as Addershade approached her, looking empty and in pain. Frowning, she nodded slowly. ”Sure.” She padded towards the entrance of camp, before settling down and watching Addershade. ”What...what’s wrong?” Streamtail didn’t know the senior warrior pretty well, except that he was her mate’s father. It must be something about Applefang then...was he hurt? Was it about Ivystar? As she thought about it more and more, her breathing became shallow with worry. Her emerald eyes shined in curiosity...and concern.

Ebonysong of ShadowClan Willowheart of StarClan Streamtail of RiverClan

Siggy by Sumashira <333333333333333

Proud founder of The Jolly Crisis Crew

Honeykit of SkyClan Rosepaw of StarClan
(Not pictured) (Not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

PostSubject: Re: The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)   The Bearer of Bad News (Closed) EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 21:37

"It's..." Addershade began, realizing with crashing discomfort that he had no idea how to break this news to her. "It's about...it's about Applefang. I-- Streamtail, I-- I don't know a...I don't know a nice way to put this...he's....he's dead,"

The rusting black tom felt a breath shakily escape from his mouth, and tears begin to well up again in his small amber eyes.

"We were out hunting together and a snapping turtle attacked us. At one point it was going to attack me, and he stepped in front, and it went for him instead, and...it killed him. I'm so sorry. I wish...I wish I had moved quicker. I wish I had stopped it. I'm so sorry,"

The warrior hesitated.  He and Streamtail hadn't talked that much before...but she had been his son's mate, and she was the mother of his grandkits, so even if he wasn't related to her by blood, she was family. And Addershade cared about protecting his family. So even if it felt strange to say it, he knew he needed to. More than that, he wanted to. He wanted to do this one last thing for his son. "Listen, Streamtail...I could tell how much you and Applefang cared about each other. And...if you, or your kits, ever need anything...I'll be here. You're...you're part of this family now, even if Applefang has passed,"
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)   The Bearer of Bad News (Closed) EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 21:47

Streamtail went rigid as Addershade’s words hit her. Dead...Applefang...he’s dead. ”No...no... She felt dizzy. So, so dizzy. Her eyes burned with the need to cry, but for some reason, she couldn’t. ”I—I...oh Addershade...” Then the floodgates opened and Streamtail wept. She wailed in anger and grief, oblivious of the fact that she was still inside camp. Sinking towards the ground, Streamtail felt the tears drip onto the dirt. She wrapped her long tail around her paws and look towards the elder warrior. ”Thank you for telling me...I’ll—“ She broke off, her voice choking. ”I’ll try my best to...take care of the kits...they—they’ll know.” Oh stars...how am I going to tell them... Streamtail placed her tail on Addershade’s back, trying to give him some comfort to. ”I’m just going to stay here...for a little while.” Streamtail broke off, shuddering as she took in the news. ”I just wish that I had been with him, when he...”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)   The Bearer of Bad News (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bearer of Bad News (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: