Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 pm

In the past few sunrises, it seemed that everything had been crashing down about Olivestone's ears. While the sun rode high in the sky, giving much-needed warmth to the camp below, she couldn't help but think of all of the sick cats riding out their illness in the elder's den, where the occasional cough or groan could be heard. However, life went on, and cats grew up, reaching milestones that called for ceremonies, and with Raventail ill, it was up to her to carry out his duties for the time being. Not that she minded, of course! She cast her gaze around camp, looking for Larkpaw, for it was her ceremony that Olivestone would be conducting today. Once she caught sight of the apprentice, she leaped up and made her way to the top of the Tallrock, and took a moment to survey the camp below, happiness swelling in her heart.
I'll never tire of this view. I couldn't have better Clanmates.

Standing tall and proud, she called out,
"Let all cats old enough to run the moor gather beneath the Tallrock!"
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:24 pm

It was strange to see some parts of Clan life continuing as normal even during the star-sent plague that racked WindClan. Clovertwist had just dropped some moss with water off for the afflicted cats to drink when he saw Olivestone leap onto the Tallrock. His crimped tail waved as he listened expectantly for her call. Once she spoke, he nodded and padded forward to see what would happen. With Raventail ill, the meeting could be about anything.

Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 9:09 am

Larkpaw was curled up tightly in the apprentice's den. She glanced out at the camp at Olivestone's call. She didn't want to get up. She'd been tired of working so hard lately. But who knew what the meeting would be about? It'd probably be important. So Larkpaw gave a huff, before slowly standing up, and dragging herself out to the camp, one small pawstep at a time.
Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 3:56 pm

When Larkpaw pushed her way out of the apprentice's den to join her Clanmates in the clearing, she waited a fem more moments to let any stragglers join the crowd. When she was satisfied with the side of the crowd below, she flicked her tail and continued.
"Larkpaw, step forward." When the apprentice complied, she spoke again, locking eyes with and smiling at her. "I, Olivestone, deputy of WindClan, ask my fellow warriors to look upon this apprentice. She’s trained hard to understand our ways, and I commend her to you as a warrior in return. Larkpaw, do you promise to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Holy stars- this is my ceremony? I look like a hedgehog pulled through a thornbush! No, no, no! A bit panicked at her poor grooming, Larkpaw stared up, meeting Olivestone's eyes. Startled blue eyes locked onto Olivestone's green eyes, and she thought she saw a flicker of warmth in that gaze. All too late, Larkpaw realized what Olivestone was asking. The ceremony words- I'm such a mess. You say I Do, right? "I do." They were small words, but no one could doubt the conviction that they held. Despite Larkpaw's ruffled frame, she would do anything to protect her Clan.
Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Olivestone couldn't help but chuckle a little as she waited for the familiar words in return. She knew that Larkpaw would be a great warrior, and she wasn't disappointed to her the conviction in her oath.
"Then with the approval of my Clanmates, I give you your warrior name. Larkpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Larkflight. We honor your passion and your dedication to the Clan, and I am proud to welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan."

With the final words of the ceremony spoken, she stepped forward once more and yowled, "Larkflight! Larkflight! Larkflight!"
Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Characters : Maplewhisker | Willowbreeze | Jaggedkit | Cloverfrost
Clan/Rank : WC T4 Warrior | RC T2 Warrior | SKC Kit | RC Elder
Capricorn Rooster
Number of posts : 381

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Maplepaw shouted her friend's new name as loud as she could
"Larkflight! Larkflight! Larkflight!" 
Maplepaw couldn't wait to become a warrior too.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri May 01, 2020 2:35 pm

When at last Olivestone's voice rang out, she made the purpose of the meeting immediately clear: a warrior ceremony for Larkpaw. Clovertwist's eyes widened mildly in surprise, and then a feeling of relief and, perhaps, anticipation washed over his pelt. This really was something normal in life; something hopeful and helpful. Something every Clan cat strove for. Clovertwist felt a bit of peace, and he looked towards Larkpaw expectantly. She looked startled, but she immediately scampered up. The silver tabby warrior chuckled slightly, thinking, She had no idea - what a nice surprise for her! He watched the ceremony proceed as normal, noting how the strange nontraditional words didn't ring out quite so blaringly anymore and how certainly the surprised Larkpaw took her vow despite her earlier surprise. Olivestone proudly gave her the name of Larkflight, and Clovertwist stood to yowl her name in approval. "Larkflight! Larkflight! Larkflight!" He didn't know her as well as some of his Clanmates, but he knew she would make their ancestors - their true ancestors - proud.

Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Larkpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1