Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Breezy Wandering [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 11:52

Summer's "attacker" was seeking her, too, she realized as she suddenly felt a warm, damp weight flail into her side and then cling to her. The drifter flexed her legs beneath her to keep her grip on the part of the pool she could touch as Morningpaw, sputtering and laughing, practically clambered onto her trying to get out of the water. Summer stumbled slightly and guffawed, "What did you think would happen, darling?" She flinched playfully at the soaked gray tabby's indignant bat and scoffed. "I did no such thing, and you have no room to talk!" Summer retorted, bursting into laughter. Her blue eyes were shining with delight and entertainment as she gazed into the crystal green of Morningpaw's gaze. The mutual feelings of attraction were clear on both of their faces, and Summer hadn't intended to try to bond in such a way with one of the river-territory cats, yet here she was, and here Morningpaw was...

The sudden shift in expression on Morningpaw's face didn't go unnoticed as the Clan cat cut herself off, and Summer's laughter quelled as her ears flicked forward and eyes sharpened with an unspoken question. Her whiskers twitched, and she asked briefly, "Yes, Morningpaw?" The little Clan cat suddenly let go and backed away, and Summer staggered slightly at being suddenly released. The ginger-cream loner blinked with surprise, looking at Morningpaw curiously while the soaked gray tabby stammered an apology. Summer's whiskers twitched again, and she asked with a hint of laughter on the edge of her voice, "Shouldn't have...? Whatever do you mean, darling? It was fun! It was all in good fun, Morningpaw, there's no harm done." Earlier words of "trespassers" and "you can probably be here" echoed in the drifter's head, and she blinked and perked up and asked with mild concern, "Oh - darling, I'm not going to get you in trouble, am I?"

Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

Characters : Morningdove (Md) | Firekit (Ff)
Clan/Rank : (Md) WC T1 Warrior | (Ff) SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 18:41

Oh, this- was not good. This was not good- not for Morningpaw, not for Summer, not for WindClan, not for the forest, not for anyone. Salvageable, maybe, but very not-good- and sure, the Warrior Code didn't explicitly forbid catching feelings for drifters, but it was hardly 'challenging trespassers' now, was it? And sure, she'd had about as much regard for the Code as a typical goose does for territory markings, but she knew what they were capable of- and this wasn't just Morningpaw she was endangering, but Summer too. What if StarClan found out and sent their enforcers to drive Summer out, and what if she resisted and-- no, the apprentice wasn't even going to think about that. Morningpaw focused, pulling back her thoughts from the terrible paths they had fled down, and turned back to face Summer. She couldn't meet the drifter's gaze, though her own forest-green eyes were tinged with despair and concern, as if all the joy from a few moments prior had fled like a bird from a shaken tree. "I'm not sure I even can get into trouble," she admitted, thinking back to the time she had stood atop the Great Rock and practically dared StarClan to strike her down. (In hindsight, that was stupid. Why did she do that?) "I'm pretty much immune to consequences at this point."

Morningpaw wanted to explain, to go over the Warrior Code and what it said about not getting too friendly with those outside your Clan and how this probably went further than was recommended and how that put both of them in danger and she couldn't risk anyone being hurt over her own stupidity-- a small part of her just wanted to say, We can't be friends any more, I'm sorry, and flee like a coward- but no, that would solve nothing other than encouraging her new friend to simply leave for a different forest (and though safer it might be, her absence would be sorely missed). She couldn't say it was nothing; Summer was far too smart for that. She couldn't lie; because what kind of a friend would she be if she hid the truth out of her own cowardice? And she couldn't distance herself from the amazing, wonderful she-cat before her, because- while the logical choice- her heart simply refused to even consider the prospect for more than a few seconds. So instead, the apprentice did something she knew she would very much regret- and told, if not quite the full truth, at least some of it.

"I, uh- it's... it's not you. I'm just-", Morningpaw started, then hesitated, took a deep breath, began again. "The Warrior Code says that... we shouldn't ever get too friendly with cats outside our Clan, in case we have to choose between our loyalty to our friends, and our loyalty to our Clan. And there are... certain cats that interpret that more strictly than others." And what kind of an answer was that? But she couldn't very well say 'there are cats that would kill us both for smiling at each other and frolicking around in a pool', even if that was the truth. "And admittedly, I don't really care about getting into trouble, but I care about you getting into trouble." (I care about you, she thought, giving a faint, but gentle, smile.) "And I'm really not good at- words, right now- but-"

A quiet sigh, and Morningpaw let herself look at Summer- her new friend, the incredible drifter who had already charmed her way into the apprentice's heart, who had shown such spontaneity and freedom and- that was it. This was never a choice Morningpaw could make, because it wasn't her choice to make. So with a warm smile, but a look of weary acceptance, she meowed softly, "There are dangers in this forest... far worse than any eagle or fox. And if I were to talk to you more- then... you might be exposed to those dangers. We're called warriors for a reason, after all. So- I could leave you be, and head back to camp, and not look for you again- and then you'd be... well, safer." And then, the other option- and she couldn't stop a hint of hope creeping into her voice, or her gaze from softening into one of- adoration? Admiration? Probably both. And it wasn't, Morningpaw realised, that she didn't want Summer to leave- no, she knew the drifter would have to go sooner or later; no, Morningpaw just wanted her to not leave forever. "Or I could stay; if you want me to. And I'd still have to go home sooner or later, but I could come back- and maybe you could too."

Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 JtTCx0V
character profiles / art by Peridot
Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptySun 10 May 2020 - 19:02

Suddenly the pretty gray she-cat was no longer meeting Summer's gaze, and the drifter stood in the pool with water lapping at both of their sides as she blinked with confusion at the sudden change in mood. Morningpaw admitted to being practically immune to consequences, and the drifter scoffed softly and insisted, "Then what's the matter, darling?" Summer gazed intently at Morningpaw, the tip of her tail twitching. She liked the pretty she-cat, but, well, Summer had so much territory to explore if she was no longer going to be welcome in this one. She'd prefer to know sooner than later and not get her hopes up for more moor meandering with Morningpaw.

Summer listened to Morningpaw's words, though, as her fur drifted in the rippling pool. The mention of the "code" made her grateful once more for her free-roaming life where the only rules she followed were her own. At first Summer thought that Morningpaw was simply refusing fun for the sake of her silly code or what her family or peers might think of her. As she went on, though, the drifter realized that Morningpaw really was concerned for her well-being. Summer's smile magnified upon noticing the subtle smile creeping enchantingly at the edge of the tabby's mouth. At last the WindClan cat met her gaze, and Summer stared into the torn depths of the young tabby's eyes. She had such a pretty smile, even when it looked sad.

The threat of danger in a territory was nothing new to Summer, but Morningpaw knew that. The Clan cat feared something greater. The threat of danger for befriending the wrong cat was also nothing new to Summer; Morningpaw might not know that. The threat of danger for... frolicking ... well, that was the natural evolution for grand, free adventure, wasn't it? Safety was boring - well, to an extent. Leaving Morningpaw, never to see her again? That was definitely boring. After all, they'd only just met. Summer felt the wistful, hopeful shift in Morningpaw's tone, and her blue gaze softened, and she smiled at the offer.

The cream loner took a step forward, drifting gracefully through the water, to stop with her muzzle a breath away, their muzzles tickling each other's briefly. "Stay with me, darling," Summer chose, softly, simply but intently, and then she stepped back, turning around and looking over her shoulder to Morningpaw with a hopeful expression. "Let me help you dry your fur, at least, before we have to part ways - for now." Her whiskers shimmered in the sunlight as they twitched.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 17:02

This was- a far better outcome than Morningpaw could ever have hoped for. She had hoped, of course; she couldn't stop herself from hoping, even knowing that Summer could always simply leave; but this? The soft touch of Summer's muzzle to hers (and the subsequent short-circuiting of Morningpaw's brain)- and to not just permit her to stay, but seemingly to want her to? The apprentice's heart thrummed with appreciation, with love, with unrestrained thankfulness; she was the wind, soaring through the moors on wings of gilded hope, breezy and free and wondrous, and oh-so-grateful that a cat as kind as this had wound her way into Morningpaw's life and heart- and perhaps there were cats who would see her burn for the heinous crime of catching Feelings, but what of it? Morningpaw was, after all, immune to consequences, and Summer could more than handle herself. And sure, maybe she'd only known Summer for less than a day, and maybe it wasn't such a good idea to be growing too attached to someone who she didn't even know the favorite color of yet (she'd have to fix that!), but honestly? Morningpaw had never been happier than in this moment.

("Stay with me, darling.") More melodic than a thousand songbirds, more calming than a thousand pools- oh, she'd remember that forever. Or, at the very least, until Summer said something equally sweet and touching, which seemed to happen about three times a sentence by Morningpaw's count; how lucky the apprentice was to have stumbled across such a blessed soul! And as Morningpaw closed her eyes, letting her worries seep away into the water around her, replaced only by joy, she didn't pull back from- whatever this was-- the spark she hoped she wasn't imagining, the brief moment of luminous incandescence that she knew would shine in her memories forever- and her reply came in the form of a whisper, soft as silk and gentle as a Newleaf breeze;
"Always."

And, for once, she didn't immediately backtrack to clarify that she didn't literally mean always, she did have to eventually go back and do patrols and such- no, her companion knew that already, and sometimes words left unspoken carried the most weight. So her reply to the drifter's offer came in the form of a warm smile, a slow blink-- and a quiet, unapologetic laugh as Morningpaw flicked water at Summer with the tip of her tail. If they were drying off anyway, what difference would it make, after all? And then with another charming smile, she followed the drifter out of the water, the warm sun's rays shining down like a beam of hope. Maybe today wouldn't be so bad after all.

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 6:26

Life was best lived to its fullest: learning, experiencing, and enjoying meant everything to Summer. Life without pleasure was a life to run away from. Opportunity and uncertainty were the pillars of her way of life. If Morningpaw were simply to be a chance encounter, present for only a day or a quarter-moon or a full moon or - unheard of - a season, then Summer would seize the opportunity. She would take every heartbeat of time she was granted (or desired) before she drifted along to the next lands, as drifters were wont to do, either satisfied or bored. Summer didn't want forever, but she wanted now, and so she made her self-serving choice and hoped her companion would stay. Morningpaw's eyes closed. The way she breathed "always" sent a shiver down Summer's spine, electrifying her nose, between her eyes, her shoulders, her tail. Her ears tingled. "Always" was usually a frightening word, but the way Morningpaw said it - the shiver she felt... No, right now, "always" was a pleasant one.

So Summer made her next request, and Morningpaw's gray muzzle was warmed with a smile and she blinked slowly in acceptance. Summer let out a playful spit and squinted at the water which her companion flicked at her, taking a lazy nip towards the white tip of Morningpaw's tail before she began to emerge from the pool. The sloshing of water assured the soaked ginger-cream drifter that her companion was following, and soon the grass was crunching beneath their paws. There was a subtle flash of mischief in the sky blue depths of Summer's eyes, and she waited for Morningpaw to draw up close to her again before she squeezed her eyes tight and began to shake, twisting her head and body and sending mist and water flying out from her in all directions. She was almost dizzy from the vim she put into the gesture, and when she stopped her sopping fur had spiked and flipped in every direction, giving her ordinarily sleek coat a wild look. Summer looked at Morningpaw with an impish grin. "Oops," she cooed innocently.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 13:37

For Morningpaw, the apprentice with the wisdom of a warrior and the common sense of an earthworm, theory and practice had always been two different things; what was written in the stars rarely shone through the clouds, and what was and what should be were often as separate as night and day. In theory, a true warrior was one who follows the Code without doubt or hesitation; in practice, a true warrior (at least, to Morningpaw) was one who followed their heart, and only hoped that the two aligned. And in theory, she should have chased away this charming, wonderful drifter- but if her heart told her to stay and talk and share her prey, then who was Morningpaw to disagree? The stars themselves had done far worse, after all, and the consequences of- well, frolicking, she supposed- were minimal. The sun would continue to rise and set, and the forest would live on, and- well, perhaps her fears had been for nothing. Perhaps this beautiful she-cat before her, who carried herself with such grace and elegance, so composed and serenely majestic, who shone with an aura of beauty unheard of among the forest--

-- and then Summer shook herself dry like a dog, her fur looking for all the world like she'd run afoul of a very strong breeze- and Morningpaw couldn't help but laugh as she stared at the she-cat with something between affection and outrage, even as a fine spray of water covered her from her companion's sudden movements. Okay, sure, maybe Summer wasn't always composed and majestic, and maybe she did kind of look like a squirrel with her bushy tail and her spiky, untamed fur, but she was no less beautiful for it. "It's not too late to push you back in, you know," Morningpaw teased, giving Summer a playful nudge and brushing a feather-soft paw over the drifter's cream fur to smooth it back. The apprentice herself could simply run with the wind to dry herself, sprinting across the moors and leaving the water behind her, but Summer? Well- okay, Summer could probably do that too, but maybe Morningpaw just wanted an excuse to be closer to her. Not that there's anything weird about that. Just two gal-cats being pal-cats. "But I won't," she purred softly, her threat empty and her heart oh-so-full. "I've made you suffer enough for today, after all. But I have to say- I'm really glad you weren't a hare. I don't think today would've been nearly as much fun without you."

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 6:39

Summer heard Morningpaw's protest to the gesture a moment before she saw the shocked amusement on the WindClan cat's face. Perhaps shaking in such a manner was a little undignified, but the harmonious laughter that rang from the pretty she-cat's muzzle was well worth the possible embarrassment. The drifter wasn't embarrassed, though; her new companion could hardly judge any of her actions made in the pursuit of affection. Summer was buzzing with excitement in Morningpaw's pleasant, entertaining company. She liked Morningpaw. She was young - a grown cat physically but emotionally still experiencing the world - and she was excitable and her affection was endearing the way she charmed, second-guessed, and doubled down with the charm. The pretty tabby threatened to push Summer back in. Summer's ginger ears flattened, and she took one side-step to growl playfully, determining whether she'd need to call a bluff or or defend herself.

The answer was neither; Morningpaw's electrifying touch gently smoothed over some of the fur on Summer's spine, and she might've been helpless against retaliation without Morningpaw's gracious promise to not seek revenge. Summer grinned, pressing her damp body into the she-cat's white-tipped paw for a brief moment, and the tabby's words made the drifter purr with warmth and happiness - and a little amusement. "I'm glad I'm not a hare, too, darling. This would've been a much different interaction," Summer agreed, her silvery whiskers quivering with delight. She turned her head to the thin-furred Clan cat, a warm look of admiration in her sky blue eyes, and she leaned in towards Morningpaw's glistening neck. "Oh, yes, where were we? I do believe I offered to help dry your fur, darling," Summer purred near the she-cat's ear, drawing her tongue up the tabby's neck.

It was helpful - not just flirting! She really did know how to groom wet fur to help it dry. Whether Morningpaw needed that help or not - well, it couldn't hurt to offer, could it?

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 May 2020 - 11:03

On second thoughts, perhaps the wind can wait, Morningpaw reflected, her eyes closing and a quiet purr of contentment escaping her throat as she instinctively leaned into Summer's touch. The apprentice had no doubt whatsoever that, if she actually thought about what was happening right now, she'd likely burn up like the midday sun (not that she wasn't already, of course)- but no, Morningpaw was more than content to simply return the gesture and marvel at just how amazing, how marvellously divine, the she-cat before her was; so kind, so thoughtful, so interesting- and of course WindClan was full of cats with all the same traits, but Summer was so much more. Indescribable, really; and okay, maybe there was a chance that Morningpaw had accidentally cultivated some not-quite-platonic feelings towards Summer (which, she noted, made it remarkably pleasant and remarkably confusing to interact with the other cat- Summer was the flirtatious type, it seemed, so it didn't mean anything that she seemed to return the charms, but- oh, what a lovely thought nonetheless!)-- but honestly? There was nothing in the Warrior Code specifically against having feelings for other cats- only acting on them. And besides, it was a dumb rule anyway, and dumb rules weren't worth following.

What was worth following, though? Her heart, of course- and if her heart told her to sit by the wondrous cat beside her and groom the drifter's fur in return (she tasted like sunlight, the apprentice thought-- okay, no, that was a lie, she tasted like pondwater and Morningpaw knew it)- well, that's exactly what she did. She'd have to leave sooner or later, of course- and given that she wasn't really supposed to be out right now anyway, it was looking more like sooner- but for now? For now, she could simply enjoy the moment, the gentle sensation of Summer grooming her fur, and the whole flutter of butterflies that had made their nest in her stomach. And even should this be a fleeting experience, two birds that pass in the night, Morningpaw would still remember every fraction of every second she had spent with her incredible new companion.

And all too soon- it was over. Morningpaw had to return to her Clan, and no doubt Summer had to return to... well, whatever it was Summer did. Being cute and brightening up the world with her existence, Morningpaw supposed- but even so, even if all good things must end, that in no way diminished the experience. But maybe, just maybe-- she couldn't bring herself to hope, but... with all the charm she could muster, punctuated by very gently brushing against Summer's now-sleek fur, Morningpaw purred, "This really has been a perfect first meeting-- I hope there'll be a second one?" Morningpaw had a meeting of her own to attend soon, of course, and a whole host of WindClan duties to see to, but after the Gathering... she'd definitely find some time. After all, what's the worst that could happen?

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 May 2020 - 12:59

Well, whether Morningpaw needed the help or not, she was willing enough to accept it. Summer couldn't help but smile faintly at the sounds of the kind she-cat's rhythmic purring, satisfied as she leaned into the gesture. Perhaps it wasn't so surprising that the Clan cat kindly reciprocated, yet Summer still felt a thrill of gratification at Morningpaw's touch. It was pleasant and exhilarating, knowing the limitations that were enforced upon the tabby with her lifestyle that were being pushed and tested simply for mutual enjoyment and satisfaction. That was the life that Summer was used to - pleasure and self-fulfillment - but the experience wasn't dulled by the expectation. It was, in fact, only brightened by the intensity and desire that the sleek gray Clan tabby expressed. There was little that could dull the light which Morningpaw seemed to bring with her blossoming confidence, like a kit who simply needed the time to grow into their too-big paws. Perhaps one day Morningpaw's confidence would outgrow the restraints by which she held herself.

Eventually Summer knew there was nowhere left to dry on Morningpaw's fur, which was glossy and shining like the surface of the pool they'd splashed in. The she-cats brushed together, their intently groomed fur blending for a moment. Summer leaned back, letting her cheek brush against Morningpaw's for a moment. There was that familiar flutter of uncertainty, that fear in the back of her mind of being trapped - the idea that there had to be a second meeting. Yet as the pale ginger-cream loner took in the WindClan cat's scent (which admittedly held a trace of her own from the affectionate grooming) the uncertainty was quelled. No: this was only a hope. A hope that Morningpaw had, and that Summer shared. "I hope so, too, darling," she replied softly, smiling. She brushed her tail on Morningpaw's flank briefly. "You mentioned the full moon earlier, something about a meeting... I bet you look beautiful in the moonlight. Maybe I could swing by and find out?" she suggested, adding with a delicate chuckle, "If I don't lose track of my wandering, that is."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptySat 23 May 2020 - 12:06

Happiness was like a butterfly resting on a flower, a songbird taking flight from a branch, a leaf caught in the wind: beautiful, alluring, and near-guaranteed to disappear into the breeze once chased for too long. And yet, on the rarest of occasions, it would settle, remaining within paw's reach for more than just the briefest of moments, and with it would come peace - not the peace Morningpaw was familiar with, not the relentless pursuit of kindness and love for the forest, but something simpler. Contentment. Sometimes happiness came in warm sunrises, gentle breezes, grassy moors; and sometimes it came in the form of a stunning ginger-cream drifter with eyes like the most beautiful Newleaf skies. And this, Morningpaw thought, is one of those times. And maybe, just maybe, things would work out alright; the forest would settle back into normalcy, and the two cats would meet again. She had been blessed with this meeting, and though the idea of leaving filled her with dismay, there would be other such meetings. The apprentice would make sure of it; she'd always loved walking the moors, and Summer's presence provided an even better incentive. Already, the she-cat had reserved a place in her memories (and her heart, for that matter). So Morningpaw gazed fondly at her new friend, just as enamored and charmed as when they had first met (if not even more), returning the smile with one of her own and softly blinking in admiration at just how wondrous Summer was.

So lost in thought was Morningpaw that she almost missed the drifter's offhand comment - almost. The apprentice didn't want to label it as flirtatious, to ascribe any significant meaning to what was clearly just Summer being a kind and charming cat who evidently had no idea just how smitten Morningpaw was (and she'd never find out, the apprentice assured herself!), but nevertheless, it still sent her heart aflutter - just like the butterfly, the songbird, the leaf. Sometimes happiness really did come in gentle words, smoother than even the most well-groomed fur. Morningpaw wanted to reply with something equally charming, to effortlessly return the compliment as Summer so often did; and she tried! But what was intended to be a compliment as cool as a cucumber instead sounded rather more like this:
"I- well- uh- you're, you're beautiful not in the moonlight. As in-- in the sunlight. And also probably in the moonlight too, I'm not saying you wouldn't be--"
Oh, to fly so high and fall so far- and she had most definitely, and most obviously, fallen. "I mean, uh- anyway- full moon, right. Fourtrees. And- there's a lot of cats there, so if you're- if you don't like being around too many at once- our camp is just across the moors-- look for a gorse tunnel and, uh. It's over that way, it's- you'll know it when you see it."

Smooth.

"What I mean to say is," Morningpaw continued after a few moments to push back her complete inability to stay composed around Summer, "I, and all of WindClan, would be honored to have you as our guest, if you ever stop by." (And okay, maybe she wasn't supposed to be making that kind of decision unilaterally, but it was better to ask for forgiveness than permission, right? Besides- immune to consequences.)

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2020 - 9:21

For the briefest moment Summer's suggestion seemed to have fluttered right over Morningpaw's head as the pair of she-cats gazed into each other's eyes with admiration and contentment. Truthfully, having the invitation brushed off was no trouble - this big gathering of the different Clans seemed like it might be a bit much for the first moon in the forest, anyways - but thankfully that didn't seem to be the case. The WindClan cat was, again, just swept up in the serenity of the moment, lost in the thoughts that seemed to bounce energetically around in her head. Summer was, admittedly, relieved when that turned out to not be the case. Morningpaw's thoughts left her mouth in a jumble of words that tried to be suave and fell short once more, falling comfortably into endearment. Summer tried to maintain her composure as Morningpaw blundered through her attempt to return the compliment. Her silver whiskers twitched, eyes shining with amusement. You'll get better as you practice, charmer, Summer thought, a muffled laugh escaping her that she tried to hide behind her bushy ginger tail.

The kind, pretty gray tabby informed Summer that, if the Gathering was too busy for her liking, she would be welcome to find WindClan's camp in a tunnel of gorse. Summer's eyes flickered briefly in the vague direction which Morningpaw's pointed, and she nodded, smirking. Cryptic. It'll be like a playful little hunt if I ever go visit, then. She met Morningpaw's gaze again as the she-cat redirected the conversation back towards something professional again. Summer's blue eyes glimmered with warmth, impressed and pleased by Morningpaw's kindness and the welcoming nature of her Clan. The pale ginger-cream she-cat leaned forward and touched her nose briefly to Morningpaw's, murmuring so their whiskers brushed, "The honor would be mine, Morningpaw."

She leaned away again, a warm breeze picking up and rustling through the dip in the hills in which they sat. Summer regarded Morningpaw with warmth before looking away, out over the moor. "I suppose this is goodbye for now, then, hm, darling? I feel truly lucky to have been mistaken for a hare today." Her whiskers twitched again, and she laughed melodically. Her tail brushed Morningpaw's shoulder as she began to move towards the distant road which she'd traveled along to find this moor in the first place. She looked back, purring, "Thank you for the afternoon. I'll be thinking of you until I see you again." She waved her tail and began to stride away, a perfectly pleased look on her face. This territory - the whole territory - was exactly the sort of adventure she'd been longing for.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breezy Wandering [closed]   Breezy Wandering [closed] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breezy Wandering [closed]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4