Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 19:15

The days had been blurring together, Mossbloom's hurt and anger towards StarClan taking the form of many late nights sitting in the center of camp, staring up at them as tears rolled down her face. How could they? Even after the flood, StarClan had found the clans... So why now? Why like this? If StarClan truly hated the clans to this degree, why didn't they just leave them to fall apart and die separated in all different corners of the world? The night before had been about the same, but as the moon had rose in the sky she retreated to her den, lying awake, unable to find sleep. She had to guide another apprentice to the Moonstone, but what would be waiting for them? Would StarClan attack them, as well? Would they even respond to the apprentice? Was it all meaningless? Was she going to lead this apprentice to nothing, or worse, her death? Her claws dug into the ground as pale rays of sunlight broke over the horizon, letting out a frustrated hiss. 

Exhausted, she rose to collect the necessary herbs. She contemplated bringing along another warrior, or really two or three, before dismissing the thought. StarClan wouldn't dare, and if they did, then Mossbloom would demand for the apprentice to run back before fighting back with all of her strength to give her as much time as she could. That was a sacrifice she would be willing to make - and that would surely reveal StarClan's true intentions. Wolfing down her herbs, she hoped the bitterness would help wake her up farther. She then gathered the other bundle and padded to the apprentice den, forcing her fur to lay flat. Maybe they would get answers today. Nudging Cedarpaw gently, she woke her quietly. "Good morning, Cedarpaw. Today is the day you journey to the Moonstone. If you wish to postpone your trip, I understand, otherwise it's time for you to rise. I have herbs waiting for you so we can begin our journey." Retreating from the den, the medicine cat waited - should Cedarpaw wish to remain in camp, Mossbloom wouldn't blame her. She would never force an apprentice to go when they weren't ready, but maybe it would be best to get this over with sooner rather than later.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020 - 4:40

Cedarpaw was still in shock. So much had happened recently. Namely, Dacedream’s death. It scared the young she-cat. It scared her a lot. As Mossbloom woke her up, Cedarpaw looked at her, contemplating her decision. She decided she would go, so that Starclan’s wrath wouldn’t grow worse and worse. ”I’ll go.” she said, a bit of excitement filling her. She was going on her Moonstone, which was very exciting. If only the circumstances had been different. Her emerald eyes looked into Mossbloom’s, trusting her. She would be there with her, the entire time. This confidence filled the brown tabby. She was ready, and she could fight whatever strange forces she needed too. Hopefully there were none. And Thunderclan needed new warriors, now more than ever as some started to disappear. She stood up, and quietly padded out of the den. She was ready.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020 - 21:29

As the apprentice confirmed that she would go, Mossbloom nodded and placed the herb bundle at her paws. "Eat these then, you'll need your strength. It's a long journey to take, but we'll be alright." Once Cedarpaw had eaten the herbs, they set off on their journey. Mossbloom held her breath as they neared the border, but was relieved as they passed through Fourtrees and into WindClan. The journey seemed to drag on but pass in the blink of an eye, and before she knew it they were standing at the edge of the darkness of Mothermouth. With a deep breath, Mossbloom nodded to Cedarpaw and led the way into the tunnels, emerging into the cavern nervously. As the Moonstone lit brilliantly, she nodded towards it motioning for Cedarpaw to take a place next to the stone. Once the apprentice settled, Mossbloom settled at her side instead of her usual place along the stone wall. Should anything happen, Mossbloom would protect her.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020 - 21:46

Cedarpaw swallowed the herbs, gagging a bit. The bitter tase still on her tongue, she set off with Mossbloom to the Moonstone. As she finally reached it, she laid down, ready to meet Starclan. She was a little nervous, but mostly excited, as she touched the glowing stone. Soon, she stood up, in the place she was meant to be, looking around in awe. She wondered who she would meet. Maybe even someone she knew, like Smudgepaw, or Dovekit! Or Dacedream! She waited for the starry cat to approach, wiating for any signs of another.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 9:59

It had been less than half a moon since Dacedream's death, but any amount of time away from her Clanmates was much too long. Life in StarClan was... different. She ached for ThunderClan again, but she didn't dare voice those thoughts. She hardly dared speak to anyone. When she'd seen Cedarpaw coming to the Moonstone - to come and see her heavenly ancestors - Dacedream had sprinted through the stars with speed to rival a WindClan cat in order to try to be there when her dear friend woke up. The tortoiseshell queen was late, but shortly after Cedarpaw had begun to look around she arrived, a stream of stars flurrying behind her as she leaped into the glittering clearing.

Dacedream landed on graceful paws a tail-length in front of Cedarpaw, her eyes shining with love and joy. "Cedarpaw! I'm so glad you came! I was afraid you wouldn't, after... after everything," the she-cat admitted. She purred her characteristic thundering purr. "You're so brave. You always have been." Dacedream looked at Cedarpaw, waiting for her response - questions or emotions or anything that her younger friend might have.

Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 10:48

Cedarpaw was surprised when she saw Dacedream. She smiled, her eyes lit up. She had missed the warrior. Cedarpaw grinned as the tortoiseshell she-cat started talking. ”Dacedream! I missed you!” mewed the apprentice, padding closer to her old friend. A question had been nagging the back of her mind. ”How did you...why did you?” she couldn’t finish the sentence. The tears that she had cried deviously threatens to come back. She knew Dacedream, wasn’t technically Thunderclan, but why would that matter? Cedarpaw hadn’t been able to pry the answer from her mentor, but she wanted to know.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 11:13

At first Cedarpaw's response to seeing Dacedream was only happiness, her eyes shining, but a moment later the StarClan warrior saw the sadness starting to shimmer through. Dacedream frowned, her eyes sparkling with her own misty tears. "There's... not always a right answer, when you're faced with an impossible choice," Dacedream answered falteringly, looking away shamefully. "Sometimes we've just gotta make the choice and see if it was the right one. I hope that I made the right choice." She looked back at Cedarpaw sadly. "I kept my vow to ThunderClan, and I... well... I believe that was right."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 11:32

Cedarpaw nodded, and then, strangely, she felt a bit of anger. ”I don’t understand, if you made the vow to your clan...” Why was that something to be punished for? Dacedream was just as much Thunderclan as anyone else. She gazed at the warrior, confused hurt, and scared. Although she was still excited to see Dacedream, she wanted to have answers. It wasn’t fair! Everything was so out of wack right now.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 15:37

Dacedream shook her head softly at the sight of Cedarpaw's anger and her trailing statement of confusion. "I made a vow to ThunderClan, but long ago I betrayed my birth Clan - RiverClan," the she-cat meowed sadly. "No amount of loyalty to ThunderClan could make up for what I did. I couldn't break my vow to ThunderClan, but I couldn't make up for what I'd done when I was an apprentice. I was... punished." The starry tortoiseshell deflated slightly. Still, she looked hopefully at Cedarpaw. "You'll never have to experience something like I did, Cedarpaw. So long as you stay loyal to ThunderClan and obey your leader, whoever it may be, you'll be okay." She hoped the same applied to her kits, whose lives she'd made difficult with her decisions.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 18:02

Cedarpaw nodded. She still felt it was unfair, but decided to dwell on the happy parts of the visits. ”Anyways, it’s so amazing to see you!” mewed the brown tabby, smiling. She wanted the visit to be meaningful, and be a happy memory, not a sad or angry one.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Apr 2020 - 19:21

When the apprentice nodded, Dacedream felt a little relief wash over her and perked up a little bit. Her face softened with happiness... and pride. "I always thought I was going to be at your warrior ceremony," Dacedream admitted. She continued, "I know it'll be any day now. You've earned it. You're such a good, kind cat, and a loyal friend and cat. ThunderClan will be lucky to have you as a warrior." The starry tortoiseshell she-cat leaned forward, and for the first time during the dream she touched Cedarpaw, pressing her nose to her friend's. "Just be you, and be true. Everything will work out okay." Dacedream realized her time with the apprentice was coming to an end as the dream was beginning to fade.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 4:55

Cedarpaw smiled, as the starry place started to fade. She looked at Dacedream one last time. ”Bye.” she said, and soon she was awake. She looked at Mossbloom ”I’m ready to go home!” mewed the apprentice, ready to return to camp. The words that Dacedream spoke, especially at the end, stuck in her mind.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Cedarpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: