Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Clan Culture Musings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Clan Culture Musings Empty
PostSubject: Clan Culture Musings   Clan Culture Musings EmptyMon 13 Jan 2020 - 18:09

So I had some mega muse hit me at work today, and I couldn't wait to come home and share it with you all. I love the Erin's dearly for creating the warrior cat universe which carries so much potential for stories and fates. (Hence why WCC has been so successful) However I've always wished the Erin's had included more culture in their books. There are five different clans which are vastly different from one another, but in the books they are written as only having a few territorial differences. Luckily we are not bound by the books, and can grow and change with the times. I thought all day about what kinds of culture the different clans would have, and compiled a short list below! (Remember, most of these are headcanons or musings, but feel free to hijack them into your own posts/characters!)

RiverClan:

- RiverClan tends to lean arrogant when it comes to looks. They possess the most beautiful pelts of all the clans, and are raised with the knowledge that the other clans are not as sophisticated. Their arrogance doesn't stem from malice but rather their factual and cunning view of things.

- As a joke, RiverClan cats are known as the "heartmaker/codebreaker" clan by the other four. It is folklore that they are easy to fall in love with, and can drive another cat to break the code through forbidden romance. Though this tale is rarely taken seriously, it is often amusing to hear apprentices chat about the pretty cats they saw across the border.

- The beauty standard for RiverClan is strong, muscular back legs, and a detailed pelt. Cats with intricate tabby designs or large paws are deemed handsome. Muscles both on she-cats and toms are desirable as it shows their prowess as a hunter. Plain-pelted cats are known to get the short end of the stick, and are said to be "average" within RiverClan.

- "Minnows" are a form of currency within the clan, if you will. Phrases such as "I'll bet you four minnows I can beat you to that rock" and such are very common within the clan. Kits even begin hunting minnows in the small stream by the nursery, and the amount caught before their apprenticeship is said to be an omen on what kind of apprentice they will be.

- "Medicine Cat Culture" is very prominent. The medicine den is deemed the most surreal and beautiful part of the camp, due to the pretty herbs and enticing smells. Cats will often try to mimic this, adoring their warrior nests with feathers and flowers. Shells and pretty stones are not uncommon either.

- To mock RiverClan's beauty, the other four clans often joke that RiverClan is "desirable by twolegs" and aren't as wild as the other four. Their pelts have statistically been responsible for the most catnappings out of all five clans. Twolegs seem to be attracted to RiverClan's beautiful cats, and therefore bring them home as kittypets.

- Common swears within RiverClan include; fishbrain, frogdung, fishface, drypaws, dustypelt, and pikeheart.

(See the next post for information on ThunderClan!)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Clan Culture Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Culture Musings   Clan Culture Musings EmptyMon 13 Jan 2020 - 18:27

ThunderClan:

- It is rumored that ThunderClan cats can navigate their whole territory with their eyes closed. The forest cats have become so skilled at maneuvering through the undergrowth, they rarely need sight as they use touch instead.

- A ThunderClan apprentice will possess more scars than the average senior warrior in any other clan. Due to the amount of thorns and brambles in ThunderClan territory, it is almost second nature to its inhabitants to receive a few bumps and scratches.

- Due to the statement above, cats with longer hair and broader shoulders are both desirable warriors and mates. Long fur makes it difficult to be scoured by thorns and claws, and a wide framed warrior will always be put at the front of a patrol to part the undergrowth with their shoulders for the rest. A good warrior makes for a good mate, hence the beauty standard in ThunderClan.

- ThunderClan's fighting style is by far the most varied of all the clans. Due to their close-quarters territory, ThunderClan opts to fight up close rather than performing elaborate jumps and twists. It is folklore that if you find yourself locked near a ThunderClan warrior in battle, get far far away. The forest cats aren't scared to get hurt, and can leave lacerations over your pelt within seconds.

- The other four clans, when feeling spiteful, often label ThunderClan as cowards, hiding in the thick forest away from the sun. However ThunderClan is rarely ever put down, as they are seen by most other clans to be agreeable and similar due to their tendencies to "remain wild" as the other clans call it.

- Common kit games in ThunderClan include the famous mossball, as well as bug collecting and tree climbing. Rivaled only by SkyClan, new ThunderClan apprentices are almost fluent at climbing by the time they receive a mentor.

- Common slang terms in ThunderClan include: mousebrain, foxheart, squirrel-cat, groundlubber, mousedung, and foxdung.

(See the next post for information on WindClan)
Back to top Go down

Clan Culture Musings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Chatterbox-
Jump to: