Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 8:28 pm

Mistwalker nudged Stormpaw just before dawn- the dawn patrol would probably still be slowly gathering together. Today, he was going to actually train his apprentice. "Hunting," he whispered. "Meet me by camp exit."

Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Stormpaw, who for the past few sunrises had been waiting for this moment, sprang up immediately. Her eyes were wide and bright as she eargerly padded out of the apprentices den. Today was it! Her first apprentice lesson!

Stormpaw had always been an early riser; even in the nursery. She was restless; how could she sleep when the clan needed her? Within seconds she was by the camp exit, tail raised proudly, not a drop of fatigue in her step. Her blue eyes gleam with anticipation, "I'm so excited!" She trilled, glancing happily at Mistwalker.

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Mistwalker was surprised to find Stormpaw was quite awake, contrary to her more sleep-fond denmates. Perhaps his little sister was like him- this would make things far easier. "Come along then." He led his apprentice to a nice clearing. "Today you shall learn to hunt. You may find true hunting to be similar, yet far different than pouncing on mossballs." He began to explain. "Show me what you believe a hunting stance must look like."

Stormy

Stormy

Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Stormpaw eargerly followed her brother, and mentor, into the clearing he led them to. She was tempted to look around at small objects, like butterflies or pebbles, but reminded herself she was an apprentice, not a kit! She nodded along with Mistwalker, trying to seem smart and completely understanding.

When he asked her to demonstrate a hunting crouch, she immediately dropped into a position a kit could use to pounce on an unsuspecting tail. Thinking back to watching the other apprentices, she realized that her hindquarters shouldn't be sticking up in the air, so she lowered them a bit. Her form was decent, though she could've tucked her paws in a bit, and her tail was brushing the ground. She was a bit too low to the ground; her belly fur was flattened againat a leaf.

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Mistwalker nodded slowly, making note of the adjustments she'd made all on her own. A quick learner, he could see. She would make a good warrior. "That is an impressive start," Mistwalker said, "Make sure to be low, but stay off the ground. You would not want to brush against leaves and let your prey know you are on your way to kill it. Keep your paws tucked in and balanced. Lastly, pay attention as to the location of your tail. Too much movement or noise and your prey will be gone before you have a chance to pounce." Mistwalker dropped into his own hunting stance to show exactly what the correct stance was.

Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Stormpaw was glad to have impressed her mentor with her decent posture, so when he pointed out helpful tips, she immediately readjusted to fix what was wrong. She still just a little bit higher, her belly fur no longer on the ground. Her hindquarters tucked in, and her tail straightened up off the ground.

Her mentor gave her hunting advise and she absorbed it, saving the tips for when she was hunting. "Are we going to hunt now?" Stormpaw inquired. She wanted to prove she was a great hunter! She'd be an amazing apprentice, the best Mistwalker had ever seen!

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 3:59 am

Mistwalker nodded. "Sure. Be sure to stay downwind." He advised. He wouldn't be surprised if she caught something first try.

Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am

(OOC: I'll be using the hunting system)

Stormpaw nods, then lifts her muzzle to smell the air. Last minute, she remembers to taste the air. Since it's leaf-bare, it takes her a minute but she finally smells something. It's....  Squirrel.

Making sure to keep her tail and belly fur off the ground, she slowly crept to where the squirrel was enjoying a walnut. Once she was in pouncing distance, she made sure her hindquarters were tucked in before she pounced.

The squirrel looked up too late; Stormpaw jumped on it and nipped it's spinal cord, killing it instantly. She looked up at Mistwalker, eyes glowing, "I caught it! I really caught it!"

Last edited by Stormy on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15117

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am

The member 'Stormy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] Mistpe10
Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 6:41 pm

Mistwalker blinked. "First try. Well done, Stormpaw. You have a natural talent for hunting. Would you like to practice that more or perhaps I could attempt to teach you the basics of battle?" He suggested.

Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 6:45 pm

Stormpaw grinned, warmed by her mentor's praise. Who would eat her squirrel? Then Mistwalker asked her a question. At this, the silver tabby thought for a second. She could always hunt later, she reasoned. "Let's do battle training," she decided, glancing over at her mentor.

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:46 pm

Mistwalker nodded. "Alright then. But today, only the basics. First, you need to learn how to dodge an attack. Just to stay alive. Dodge my attack." After a momentary pause, he launched at the apprentice, a training idea forming in his mind.

Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Dodge an attack. Stay alive. Dodge attack. Live. Dodge. Live. While these thoughts ran in her head, she focused less on Mistwalker, so when he came at her, she hestitated, momentarily forgetting what she was meant to be doing. She recovered just in time. However, when she moved to dodge, she tripped over her own paws and clumsily toppled over.

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Mistwalker could see the hesitation on her face. As he got to his paws, he passed on a bit of wisdom. "A cat's greatest enemy is hesitation, you know." He waited for Stormpaw to gain her own footing, then continued. "Again. Dodge my attack." He leaped at his sister again.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]   Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Teach You Everything I Know[CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: