Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Little Talks [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7395

Little Talks [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyFri 29 Nov 2019 - 7:55

Despite it being broad daylight, Foxfire found himself nervously staring at the sky. It had been a couple sunrises since the battle - the war - with ShadowClan...And the Gathering was soon upon them. He wasn’t looking forward to it, that much was certain. He didn’t want to deal with Lynxscar, much less sit next to him but...Blah. He shook his pelt, before blinking as he slowly lowered his gaze. But..There was one thing he had to take care of before the full moon. He had to talk to Basilpaw.

The losses still weighed heavily on Foxfire, the death of Leaftwirl and Beanpaw...He hadn’t wanted to see his Clanmates get hurt but yet he had seen two of them die in a battle that never should have happened. He had tried to support Basilpaw in the wake of her mother’s death but...There was more to talk about. He could easily remember how happy Basilpaw had been during the walk home after the last Gathering - chattering about making a new friend with that quiet but friendly ShadowClan tom, Flintshard.

...A Flintshard that had apparently been maimed by Beanpaw in a border skirmish according to Lynxscar and Thornstar.

He sighed, lowering his head. He knew he had to tell Basilpaw about it, to alert her that there was a good chance that Flintshard wouldn’t be at the next Gathering or if he was… Apparently he had seemed friendly enough but who knew if getting maimed was enough to ignite the hate that all of ShadowClan seemed to have for SkyClan? He pushed himself to his paws, forcing himself to pad across the camp. “Basilpaw?” he called out, poking his head into the apprentice’s den to see if he could spot her. “...Do you...Uh, want to go for a walk?” he asked, shifting on his paws as he waited for an answer. He...Didn’t want to drop everything on her at once - the death of Leaftwirl had to be hitting her hard. He just...Needed to make sure she was ready to hear about what had happened to Flintshard before he could say anything.

Little Talks [Closed] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 20:36

Although she had made her peace with the passing of Leaftwirl, knowing of the loss was something that had yet to fully settle within her. It was a quiet grief, one that hardly seemed to creep into or affect her normal duties. But she remembered and recognized it. The presence of the lost she-cat seemed to still sit with her. Glancing up at the sky, Basilpaw allowed herself a soft smile. Even if she had defected to be a loner, her roots had brought her back to the clan that birthed her. For the sacrifice made, there was no doubt that the hidden stars above held a new Skyclan warrior. As she considered it again, for perhaps the hundredth fleeting moment, the voice of Foxfire reached her broad ears which twitched in response. Rest had come surprisingly easy but she still lingered in the apprentice's den and found comfort in the feather-lined nest. The pretty blue feathers of some long ago catch studded the edges of where she slept. Hopefully Leaftwirl liked them.

"Yeah, yes, of course, Fox." Basilpaw was up on her paws in a moment. She greeted him in the normal manner, sliding underneath his chin and nestling in before sliding past. Since kithood, he had been a constant companion. Perhaps it was the newfound understanding of morality, but for the first time the concept passed her mind that she simply could not lose him. They had come close before, but now it was fresh, evident. As if wanting to catch every second of his presence, as she padded past, her tail brushed his coat. The hesitance to his words was more and more familiar. Once upon a time she had hoped he would grow more assured in himself but this was simply who he was. If he lacked that confidence, it was her duty to bring it to him. She looked back over her shoulder and paused, "Lead the way, deputy sir. I will follow wherever you want to go." There was a teasing smile across her maw. He had hated the title, but she believed it fit him more than any cat and would not miss the opportunity to remind her friend of his well-earned position.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 20:48

Foxfire couldn't help but smile a little at Basilpaw's attitude, watching her brush against her with an amused look, even if the weight of what they had to talk about made it a bit harder to enjoy her lightheartedness. He...He really did wish she wouldn't call him deputy thought - he hated it. He hated his rank, he didn't deserve it. He... He sighed, shaking that thought off, knowing he would revisit it soon enough. He always did. But it was nice, the faith she seemed to have in him. Made him think he could almost be the deputy that everybody apparently thought he could be. "Come on then, Bug," he meowed with a soft sigh, padding past her as he lead her out of camp. Slowly thought, as they left the confine of the camp, his smile started to fade.

How was he even going to explain it? To mention that 'hey, your new ShadowClan friend apparently got maimed by Beanheart and that is what played a part in the battle and...' "...How are you holding up?" he finally asked, turning to look at her. Honestly, from what he could tell she was taking the death of her mother...Rather well. He hadn't really known his parents all that well before they had died when he was little. He barely remembered their faces, their voices...Their death had such little impact on him but Basilpaw...Basilpaw had known her mother rather well. But yet she was carrying on like nothing had happened. Foxfire had to be strong, he was deputy and had his responsibilities but Basilpaw...He almost felt jealous, wishing he had the same strength at her and could better deal with the weight that he was under.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 21:09

Her ear twitched slightly at as his sigh and she shook her head ever so slightly, knowing what it meant. Without hesitation, she followed at his heels out into the forest. Basilpaw swore she would never get used to the the beauty of their territory. Her mother had imparted the Skyclan-born love of climbing in her and it was something that would not be easily rivaled, even at the loss of Leaftwirl. Instead, she would climb these trees with all of the jubilance that she had possessed in kithood. As they continued on their romp through the territory, her wide green gaze glanced through the frosted treetops. It was a wonderful sight and she considered asking Foxfire if they could climb a bit instead of walk. Maybe enjoy the view and chat from one of the comfortable branches above. But he spoke first.

It was the same question she was sure many cats were pressed with, wondering how she was coping with the loss that should be hitting her harder than cats who had merely been acquainted with the late tabby. Basilpaw didn't stop to answer the question, instead she mused as if it were someone asking something as simple as her favorite type of prey, "I miss her, but I had already missed her." A simple pause, remembering when her mother had been lost to her once before, "I'm doing okay, Fox. There's no need to worry. I know she has found her place now. It's not with me for now but someday. You don't need to let it bother you. I promise it will be okay." She hoped it didn't sound too much like she was trying to comfort him but it felt like it. The concern from her clanmates was endearing but almost a bit overwhelming. It was hard to come to peace when ever cat still wanted to press on the matter. She stilled in her step for a brief moment to meet his eyes and offer him a soft and warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 21:18

Foxfire paused to look at Basilpaw, a soft frown flickering across his face. It...Almost hurt to see her so grown-up. He remembered when she was a bouncy little kit who wanted to find all sort of bugs and climb anywhere she really wasn't allowed. But now...Stars, she was almost ready to become a warrior, wasn't she? A sigh escaped him, but he smiled softly at her words. "That's...Good to hear. And I'm not worrying about you, at least, that isn't why I brought you out here..." he drifted off, hesitating as he tried to find the words. There was no easy way to bring it up, to just...Admit it but he...He had to try. "There...Is actually something I need to talk to you about. Before the next Gathering, its...Its about your friend, Flintshard." There was a long pause, before he blinked and found the words tumbling from his mouth as he just tried to get what he wanted - what he needed to say out there. "He...He was maimed, apparently. By...By Beanheart. That was why Thornstar declared war cause...Well, apparently that is her son from what I gathered. I-I'm not sure how bad it was, but he sounded...Alive from what they said. Just...Hurt. Badly."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Dec 2019 - 7:49

His soft smile was unexpected, but she felt the warmth of it for a moment before he continued speaking. Not why they had come out here? Basilpaw's curiosity peaked, along with her ears. Before she could press for answers, the words stumbled out. When he mentioned Flintshard, her own soft smile appeared. The massive Shadowclan warrior was a rather abnormal cat but she liked him just the same. As her friend continued in his explanation, her expression fell ever so slightly. To know another cat she cared for had been injured was a little shocking. Even if she had made peace with Leaftwirl's death, to know that other living cats were in danger was a terrible thing. She looked at Foxfire, blinking once. He had found himself in the medicine cat's den not long ago for the same reason and had made stunning progress in recovery. If he could do it, so could Flintshard. But that was only one piece of this whole mess. Looking away, she sighed.

It was one battle after another, whether it be a chance encounter at the border or an intentional meeting of warring clans. Two bodies had returned to their camp that night, one of them the very tom who had injured Flintshard. Concepts of justice were too far and too wide for her to pinpoint quite right with so little experience. To her, it just seemed like useless nonsense. Why did the two clans think hurting each other would make them feel any better? Finally, her voice broke through the frosted air, a simple question for her companion, "Do you hate them, Fox? After everything... do you hate Shadowclan?"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Dec 2019 - 8:13

Foxfire blinked, staring at Basilpaw as she finally spoke, thrown by her question. Did he...Hate ShadowClan? He opened his mouth to reply, but then hesitated as he mused over the question. Did he hate them? He...He hated Lynxscar, he was certain of that. But did that feeling fall over ShadowClan as a whole? "I...No. No, I don't think I do. Maybe certain cats. Their deputy for one. He...He was the one that broke the rules that Spottedstar and Thornstar had set up. He was the one that...Caused the battle to happen. I suppose I also hate the she-cat that attacked me in the first place but..." he drifted off, fur prickling. ShadowClan seemed so certain that it wasn't them. Had... Had he been mistaken? No, he was certain he had heard her shout about Redwing, about the situation between the Clans but... "No, I don't hate ShadowClan. Not as a whole. Some of them had regrets about fighting, Thornstar...Thornstar was horrified that she killed Beanheart. Not...Not all of them are bad. I don't think."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 7:42

Basilpaw nodded as her gaze flitted around. It was easier to focus on such a heavy topic that way. To say she wasn't concerned for Flintshard, frustrated with the late Beanheart, and much more... would be a lie. There were many emotions but mostly just sadness. However, Foxfire's response gave her some hope. It seemed like there was hatred between both clans, one that she had been unsure would end with such escalation. But it was just certain cats. She was far too hopeful in youth to ascribe to the more vindictive side of her heart, buried far away. For now, she was satisfied to direct that disdain towards the cats her friend spoke of. But there was none for the rest of the clan, especially none for Flintshard. Her head bowed for a second as she considered it. Shadowclan was something she couldn't hate. At least not yet. When Basilpaw looked up for Fox once more, her features brightened with a smile, "Well I'm sure Flintshard is healing just fine. He's almost as strong as you. This next gathering we'll sit together and I'll tell him that we don't hate him and I'll never let another Skyclan cat attack him like that again."
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 8:42

Foxfire hesitated as Basilpaw seemed eager to speak with Flintshard, but...Well, he couldn't be mad at that face. Slowly, his hesitate melted away as he returned the gentle smile. "...Alright. Bug. Just...Be careful, alright? I don't know how he might feel about SkyClan after...After what happened to him. But...I guess he did seem like a pretty calm cat and...Maybe things will be okay between the two of you despite the tensions. Just...Be careful." He sighed, turning his gaze to stare out at the forest around them. His whiskers twitched, trying to find something else to say. "...Well what now?" he murmured, sparing a glance at her with a sheepish smile. "Honestly, I kinda expected this talk to take longer which was why I took you out here...Seems silly in hindsight. I shouldn't have fretted over you like that, you can take care of yourself but I just...Wanted to tell you so you didn't find out at the Gathering."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 8:54

"You went through the same thing and made it out alright. I'm sure he did too. He's a good cat. You shoule meet him sometime." Basilpaw purred, noting the concern in his voice. She stopped and pressed her coat to his, nuzzling up underneath his chin in the usual manner. She was contented to stay there for the moment, in the warmth of her friend. Even since kithood, he had made her feel safe. Even if he was filled with his own self-doubt and thoughts of inadequacy, he had never once waivered in his support of her. For a brief moment, her mind flickered to the hope that he would wait a long time before meeting the same fate of her mother. She drew close and pushed the thought away. It wasn't pleasant to consider the demise of her best friend. As he mentioned the reason for their walk her whiskers twitched, "You've always taken good care of me. I appreciate it, Fox. You're helping me learn how to be a good warrior and if I get myself in trouble, I know you'll get me out." She teased, threatening her own recklessness. While she wasn't the most wild of cats by any means, there was some truth to her words. The innocence she was slowly shaking away as she grew did have a dangerous aspect.

"We don't have to go back now, do we? Maybe we could climb! We haven't done any climbing since I was such a small kit. Maybe see who could catch a squirrel first?"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:06

Foxfire happily returned the nuzzle that Basilpaw gave him, relieved that she had been left unscathed - well...Mostly unscathed by the recent hardships. He had always fretted over her since she was little, terrified of her being changed by how cruel the world could be but yet even in the face of it, of losing her mother...She was still the same Basilpaw. Apparently he just didn't have enough faith in her but he could change that. He just had to trust that she could take care of herself. "I can only do so much to get you out of trouble, you know," he warned playfully, before pausing as she offered up the idea of climbing. He slowly turned his gaze to the branches above.

"...Can I admit something to you? I...There was always I reason I never went climbing with you, why I always pushed it off. I...I am - or...I was scared of heights," he admitted, wincing slightly as the truth left his muzzle. He had only told one other cat the truth - Sunflower...And he had done it in the safety that he wouldn't be judged but...No, Basilpaw wouldn't judge him either it. It just wasn't in her heart to judge anybody. "I fell out of a tree when I was an apprentice, I broke my leg. And so I...I was scared. Scared of repeating it - scared of others repeating it. I...I can't balance right, not in trees cause of my tail or...Well, lack of one. But...I've been getting better. Having to do ceremonies made me have to face it and...Well, if one good thing came out of my deputyship, it was that. I can finally climb again without the fear of...Everything on me. Its...Nice." He paused, letting it hang in the air before he turned to look at her.

"So yeah, let's climb."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 11:24

There was a light trill of laughter from the apprentice as he responded to her mention of him pulling her from trouble. Even if he claimed there was only so much, she knew he would try whatever. Even if he teased. Basilpaw felt him freeze up slightly, glancing up into the trees. She followed his gaze and waited for him to speak. When asked if he could admit something, she nodded enthusiastically and looked up with curious and encouraging eyes. He stuttered nervously over the words and she pressed closer to encourage him on. As he admitted his secret, Basilpaw found herself very much so unsurprised. It should have been a shocking thing, hearing that a Skyclanner, and deputy of all cats, was afraid of climbing. Perhaps she had always understood it deep down. Regardless, it didn't change how she saw Foxfire. She understood why it had happened and now felt a brief pang of sadness over the fact she had pressed him for moons to climbs trees with her.

But Foxfire wasn't done speaking. There came a sense of relief over the fact that he seemed to have come to terms with his own fear... and overcome it. A purr rumbled in her throat. To see the happiness in the russet tom was all she could have ever wanted. And when he said it, her face lit up with unadulterated joy... 'so yeah, let's climb.' Briefly, she pressed into his side once more but didn't hesitate much more. Immediately, Basilpaw was on her feet and darting towards the nearest tree. It had both low branches and those that seemed to loom over the entire forest. Her claws dug into the bark and she launched herself up and settled on a low, fat branch. She stopped there and settled onto her haunches for a brief, waiting for the tom to join her before speaking. Up here, they could look over the frosted beauty of their tree-studded territory.

"I kind of always knew, Fox. I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help... but I'm glad. Fear only weighs you down." Basilpaw paused, thinking of her father, "You're still the greatest deputy in the whole forest. And I'm sure you will climb better than any of the others too. I'll catch you if you fall too. But try not to do that... you might squish me." She twitched her whiskers at him, gazing up into the higher branches above and waiting for him to take the lead. For a brief moment, her eyes closed and a smile crossed her maw. After so many moons, her dream had come through. They were going to soar the forest together. Once upon a time she had hoped to make this journey with Leaftwirl. But it was just as fulfilling with her best friend. And Leaftwirl was watching from somewhere above.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 11:37

Foxfire felt himself relax as Basilpaw pressed herself against him, relieved at the presence of his friend before she pulled away to climb up a tree. He watched, his eyes twinkling...But as she disappeared into the branches, it faded a little. He couldn't really describe the feeling that overcame him - almost that...Without her there, he didn't have to act.  He didn't have to pretend to be...Okay. He wasn't. He...He didn't think he was. The memories of the recent events, of seeing Beanheart get killed right in front of him...He... He closed his eyes, letting out a shaky breath as he quickly launched himself up the trunk of a tree to escape the doubts that came creeping into his mind - to get back with Basilpaw so that she could help chase them away.

He carefully clambered out onto a rather thick branch, still feeling rather...Nervous around the thin ones that easily bended under his weight and gave him less room to balance on. His gaze flickered to Basilpaw as she spoke, finding himself smiling softly but... 'Greatest Deputy...' He almost wanted to snort at that, almost...Annoyed at her because he couldn't see it himself. He wasn't the greatest deputy, he was even a...He shook his head, shoving his doubts down - he had to put on a smile for Basilpaw. At least that was easy to do with the energy that the apprentice expended... "Ha, trust me, falling is the last thing I want to do," he retorted as he scanned the branches around them, looking for another thick one that he could leap to.

He made a key point of not looking down as he crouched and launched himself, claws quickly sinking into the bark as he scrambled up onto the safety of it. He could feel the fear start to claw at his heart, threatening to pull it under as he let out a shaky breath. He...Wasn't super use to jumping from branch to branch but...He would get there, he hoped. There was a flicker of movement, not from Basilpaw but from a squirrel that was perched on a branch not to far from the tom. A sly smile flickered across his face, recalling Basilpaw had mentioned perhaps seeing who could get a squirrel first. He dropped into a crouch, judging if he could make the jump before taking a leap at the squirrel. He landed on the branch, one of his paws pinning the tail of the squirrel as he quickly struggled to balance himself. Fear surged through him as he wavered, but he managed to stabilize himself as he turned and brought his teeth down onto the squirrel's neck as he ended its life. He smiled softly to himself as picked it up. "I win, Basilpaw! It seems I've caught a squirrel," he called out past the squirrel's fur, showing off his catch to her with a purr.

Foxfire caught a squirrel, costing 3 stamina.

Foxfire:

100/100 HP
277/280 SP

*Disadvantage Stats

Last edited by Honey Badger on Tue 3 Dec 2019 - 11:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15098

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 11:37

The member 'Honey Badger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Little Talks [Closed] Mistpe10
Little Talks [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [Closed]   Little Talks [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Little Talks [Closed]
Page 1 of 1