Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 879

Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 3:51 am

A dull thud touched Thornstar's ears as she dropped a small bundle before the former Skyclan cat. She had approached Cardinalpaw wordlessly, and continued to remain silent for a moment after depositing the lump of traveling herbs at the she-cat's paws. Staring at her for a moment longer, Thornstar finally spoke.

"Eat."

The dark she-cat's expression was unreadable.

It was unusual for a leader to bring a soon to be warrior to highstones, sure, but Mothpaw needed a break.

Regardless of whether or not she _wanted it._

Thornstar had insisted that she take time off. The kit worked herself tirelessly, shoving back her own struggles as she took on the weight of the entire clan's instead.

The kit needed time to mourn.

They all did.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 am

Cardinalpaw was going to be honest. Thornstar scared her. A big, scarred cat, always scruffy, never really happy. Itching for vengeance. Cardinalpaw had come from Skyclan, and Skyclan had killed the deputy. There could very well be deathberries in these herbs right now. But Cardinalpaw ate them anyway- who was she to disobey a cat like Thornstar, who could kill her in one blow without thinking about it?

Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 1:32 pm

The leader didn't miss the subtle spark of fear in the she-cat's eyes, but opted to not react to it. It might not be an awful thing to let this cat be somewhat wary of her.

"Let's go. You have a date with Starclan." She said simply, turning towards the camp entrance. "Keep up or you'll fall behind."

She'd already downed the sharp=tasting lump of leaves and whatever else that Mothpaw had given her, and she wasted no time heading into the marshland that was their home. Cardinalpaw's nervousness would likely keep this trip mostly quiet...

She hoped.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Cardinalpaw wanted to get the bad taste out of her mouth - it was disgusting, yes, but it didn't taste like deathberries. She'd had the tiniest nibble when she was younger and it had a unique taste, one she could not find in the entire herb bundle. So why give her herbs? The fear combined with confusion as she tried to figure out what was going on. You have a date with Starclan. Welp. That was it then. She was dead. Starclan let me in... Well, she hoped Scorchedbird lasted far longer.

Ooc: timeskip? :3

Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 9:18 pm

The journey went by in relative silence, Thornstar letting her mind drift as the she-cat beside her didn't seem to be feeling all that social either.

They passed by the carrionplace, then crossed the Thunderpath safely.

Before long, they were nearly there, the shadow of Mothermouth looming ominously ahead of them. Thornstar didn't hesitate, climbing the jagged stone path leading into the blackness of the cavern with ease.

Her muscles rippled beneath her scar-torn pelt with each powerful leap and purposeful stride.

She stopped at the entrance to look back at Cardinalpaw, waiting silently for her to follow.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Cardinalpaw simply followed in silence, confused. Why outside of the Clans? Was this some connection to the fact that she had been a rogue at one point? And, how great, a pitch black cave. Paws shaking, she followed Thornstar. Yet... when she'd looked into her leader's eyes, there was the usual hardness, yes, but no malice or anger. Not like Poppyheart. Oh, poor Poppyheart. He'd lost his mate. She couldn't imagine how she'd feel if she lost Scorchedbird. She wouldn't be able to be left behind again. She wasn't strong enough.

Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 4:47 am

As soon as Cardinalpaw had joined her, Thornstar turned and disappeared into the inkiness of the cavern.

They walked in silence, their pawsteps echoing around them in a disorienting manner. Just as their eyes grew used to the pitch black however, they caught sight of a soft glow. Thornstar's eyes hardened ever so slightly further at the sight of the Moonstone.

It was beautiful, no doubt.

But she couldn't bring herself to like what it stood for.

Turning to Cardinalpaw, Thornstar nodded. "It's time for you to share tongues with Starclan, kit. Get comfortable. When you're ready, touch your nose to the thing and take a nice, long nap." Her voice was rough, but she explained the process nonetheless.

With that, the dark-pelted she-cat settled down a few paces away, prepared to wait as long as she needed.

Not that she'd say that aloud.

In fact, as soon as the apprentice had neared the stone, Thornstar spoke again with a halfhearted warning. "Don't keep me waiting too long or I'll leave your sorry pelt here."

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 11:43 am

There was a glow up ahead. Why..? What was up there? Where could Thornstar possibly be bringing Cardinalpaw? She stood in front of its shine, then looked up. The moon shone down on the stone. Oh. That was it. It was the moonstone. Thornstar was bringing her on her moonstone. Was Cardinalpaw completely sure she wouldn't be killed in her sleep? No. But most of her had started to trust Thornstar, even knowing how... scary she was.

Cardinalpaw pressed her nose to the stone, and when she opened her eyes again, she was standing in a most beautiful place. Was this... what Starclan looked like? Maybe she would see her father here - She'd never met him in life. Instead, a younger cat stood before her. Perhaps it was Snowkit or Cypresskit, the ones who didn't survive. No no... They would smell like Firflower. "Who are you?" She asked, sitting down. Their starry pelt glittered.

Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1847

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Another apprentice. Finally, finally Nettlesting was allowed to talk to more apprentices. After his visit with Mudpaw, Nettlesting decided to fight to keep his memory alive. The only way he knew how to do that was via these apprentice visits. The dark red medicine cat stood in wait for Cardinalpaw to join him. This time, in familiar land he had lived his entire life on.

"My name is Nettlesting. I am a medicine cat of ShadowClan, and I've been waiting to talk to you for many moons." That was a lie, but the she-cat wouldn't know. "Take a seat. I have an important story for you to know, and for you to pass on to your kits..." His fading pelt shimmered slightly at the mention of story telling. Though slightly brighter than before, he was still fading. This was urgent.

"I was born Sycamorekit to a mother who had lost her mate before I was born. When I was less than six moons old, my mother and I both got sick. I came out of it, but she did not. I was orphaned, no parents. Scorchstar bullied me back then, so I had no friends either. I found my place in the medicine den, and when I became six moons my mentor brought me to the Moonstone and named me Sycamorepaw, Medicine Cat Apprentice of ShadowClan. Two moons later I found him dead and frozen. StarClan then trained me, and it was lonely as anything. I became bitter, and my tongue scared away any of those who did try to get close to me. When I traveled to the Moonstone one time, I was renamed Nettlesting. Back then, name changes weren't as common so this was unusual. But it fit me, I'd say. One day, I recieved an omen from a StarClan cat. A former medicine cat, that was murdered. I thought she wanted me to out her murderer- and I did. I got him exiled from the clan. I traveled to each of the others, warning them about his crimes. Ultimately, he was saved by RiverClan." He huffed, but continued. "I got my first apprentice, Silentpaw. I... I was weak. After a threat from a clanmate, I ate the deathberries and killed myself. I... I regret that every moment of my life." He looked down, training his green eyes to the marsh. "I tell you this Cardinalpaw because I need to be remembered. My story is important- to you, to your kits. To the clan. Please remember me."

The dream started to fade and he sighed. His time was up. Nettlesting looked up, his eyes mournful. "I'm sorry for what's to come."

And with that, Cardinalpaw would wake.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm

At the tom's words, Cardinalpaw couldn't help but wonder if Starclan had known she would go to Starclan all along. She listened to the story. A renamed kit like she, destined to be a medicine cat. What a sad story. Why was it important? Wait. Kits? That far in the future? Well, Starclan had to be quite knowledgeable to see all that. Her head jerked back up. I'm sorry for what's to come. What was to come? Cardinalpaw didn't know. And she wasn't sure she wanted to.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey   Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardinalpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1