Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019

Go down 
+2
Ash
Kari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 895

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 8:18

It had been over a quarter moon since the death of Scorchstar.

Thornbriar had spent the time thinking... debating. She'd hardly slept, instead watching the sun rise and fall with each passing day that Scorchstar was no longer with them. Arguing with the stars like none other, that much she was certain. The empty sparkles were sure to be angry with her for her delay in choosing a deputy... in receiving her name. She'd been appointed deputy herself only a moon ago... something she hadn't truly wanted and something she'd never even gotten a chance to adjust to. Leading and organizing patrols had been easy. Granted, the massive black tabby tom had refused to even lead his own clan for most of the time. She'd had to take over in his stead.

Even then, she hadn't been a leader.

Half the clan despised her. The other half feared her. A small portion of cats didn't scowl or flinched when she crossed paths with them, but she wasn't certain that even they would follow her. She understood blood and battle, fighting with fury against the tide of life as she knew it. How was she going to show that to an entire clan? They couldn't even trust her, let alone... see her as a leader.

And so she waited.

She'd have to pick a deputy. Someone she could trust who wouldn't fear speaking with her. Someone who would be genuine with her that their clanmates trusted. Her first thought had been Tansyheart, but while the black and white she-cat was always honest and kind when she spoke, her father's betrayal still left lasting wounds in the hearts of some of the older members of their clan. Thornbriar hadn't been much older than a kit when his trial had taken place... She still remembered his broken, bloated body as that Riverclanner dragged him and Dappleshine's mother hopelessly around the lake.

Thornbriar was glad that the she-cat hadn't had to see her father in such a state as her half-sister had, but she wished she could take that pain from Dappleshine as well. Regardless, with her first choice out of the running for the time being Thornbriar had found herself in a difficult situation.

She hated politics.

It had taken another sunrise before she'd made her final choice.

Now, as the sun began to set on another day and the nocturnal clan of shadow began to rise, the massive, scarred warrior began padding towards the ceremonial rock looming just over the medicine cat's den.

It was time.

There would be no pretty words this night.

There would be no pleasant chatter or elegant phrasing as the soon to be leader chose her successor.

Tonight was a night of mourning, and as Thornbriar took her place atop the massive rock, she took a deep, steadying breath. Tonight was the night. The night that Shadowclan would move forward...

The night that she would move forward.

Lifting her voice to carry over the crisp night air, the dark she-cat summoned her clan.

"Shadowclan. It's time."

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 8:32

Hearing the faintly ominous statement of their future- no, current- leader, Redwing padded out to sit under the Jaggedrock. Scorchstar had been leader for as long as many could remember- and just like that, he was gone. Brutally gone. Not that she'd ever been especially close to the tom, but his death had thrown the already-devastated Clan for a loop. They definitely weren't in a good position for this kind of change... All they could do was hope that Thornbriar would be a good leader. And that she would pick a good deputy. Oh, if only Firestone hadn't died... the Clan needed a senior warrior's guidance more than ever. The warrior shivered a little, then awaited in silence.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 8:35

Having just returned from a hunting patrol, Daisyfllame's ears perked at Thornbriar's call. With Scorchstar gone, the tom hadn't had the will or energy to do much, but maybe it was time that ShadowClan finally move past their grief.

Sitting among the gathering crowd, Daisyflame sat with his shoulders ever so slightly hunched, watching the who sat up on Jaggedrock. With the former leader gone, he knew what this ceremony was about. He hadn't been chosen as deputy the last several times, which he was still left confused by, but this time, he had not raised any hopes nor expected anything, especially from Thornbriar, seeing as though he had no idea what to expect with her. Hopefully, who ever she chose was a good choice, if anything.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 VHQrlk5
Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 1QYZaRo

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 Molex311
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 5:41

Lynxpaw showed up for the ceremony. He didn't mourn Scorchstar's death as much as everyone did. He wasn't really present in the clan and for him, Thornbriar was more of a leader than he was since the young tom was born. She and Mothpaw were the ones there when he got that awful scar that now crossed his face.

The brown tabby sat among his clanmates and looked up to the dark-furred she-cat. His green eyes were fixed on her shape as she announced it was time. Everyone knew what that meant. Thornbriar would travel to the Moonstone to get her nine lives but before that, she had to choose a deputy. It was a shame his wound stopped his training for a few days, stopping him from becoming a warrior sooner. If he was a warrior by now, the one-eyed she-cat could make him her deputy! His dream, his ambition would come true... His destiny... But fate followed funny paths and now he was forced to see how another one became second-in-command while However, Lynxpaw did not lose hope. He was near finishing his training and he would be named a warrior in no time. After that, he could even get an apprentice and train him so he could really be eligible to become deputy when the time came. Lynxpaw wasn't going to give up on his dream... especially now when he had a concrete goal to achieve.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 Signat14
Back to top Go down
Bliss

Bliss

Aries Cat
Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 22:23

Ash looked at Thornbriar, she waited to hear what she had to say. She wasn't sad like her mother, she had no strong feelings for Scorchstar, he was the leader of clan and he was family. It's never really a happy thing to see or hear a cat died. Seems like home, the clan is always changing...more noise and chaos is due to arrive, I should take a nap soon, Ash thought.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6045

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyMon 16 Sep 2019 - 17:26

Mothpaw had slipped back into her grief for a time, the loss of another parent weighing her down - despite the many issues she'd had with his decisions - but by now she'd mostly returned to herself. Still, as Thornbriar called the Clan together for a meeting, she felt that grief make a swift and powerful return. Where normally she'd join the mass of warriors and apprentices, today she distanced herself from her den just enough to look up and see Thornbriar on the rock, waiting in silence. The reminder of what they'd lost weighing all of them down.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 895

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 9:37

She watched Shadowclan gather, many of their gazes downtrodden but all of them expectant.

They were looking to her.

Taking a deep breath, Thornbriar spoke.

"Scorchstar's death at the fangs of those foxes has hit all of us hard, but we've taken far too much time to grieve. I'm sure you want some sort of rallying speech from me. Something to inspire you to follow me as your new leader."

The she-cat looked away for a moment, her gaze distant and reserved.

"But I think we all know I'm not that type of cat."

Fixing the cats below with a firm stare, she continued in a strong, unwavering voice. "It's time to move forward, warriors. You either walk with me or you don't, but the marsh will stay quiet no longer. Next gathering we will enter with our heads high. Tomorrow night, I travel to Highstones and receive my nine lives. When I return, things will be different."

Slamming her forepaw down, her gaze flashed with a fell inner fire. "Shadowclan will rise."

Turning her gaze to the ginger she-cat below, she nodded subtly.

"Redwing. I'm putting my faith in you. I say these words before the stars, so that Scorchstar may hear and approve of my choice. You will be the new deputy of Shadowclan."

Turning her gaze to the darkening sky above, Thornbriar flicked her tail in subtle defiance to the twinkling lights above. They did not place her paws on this path... she walked it of her own accord. "Tonight is a night of change. I want you all ready for it." She looked back to her clanmates, eye narrowed. They would now walk this path with her... and if she misled them, that would be her own undoing.

"That is all."

Starclan's glittery hide couldn't save her now.

"Redwing, meet me in my den."

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 22:03

Redwing's gaze was solemn as she watched their future leader sitting on the rock, speaking words that held a chilling undertone despite their confidence. Thornbriar seemed completely cool, calm and collected.... but the russet she-cat knew better. She saw the hidden worry sparking beneath, the loss and anger that every ShadowClan cat was now feeling to some degree. It made their "fearless" leader seem more real somehow... more like an actual warrior cat than some strange apparition. However, she wouldn't be alone- she'd need a deputy. Who? Daisyflame? Poppyheart, perhaps? Their numbers were smaller than ever... there weren't many candidates. Though she didn't let it show, curiosity made her ears prick forward as Thornbriar seemed to finally approach the actual ceremony part of her determined speech.

Redwing. I'm putting my faith in you.

W-what? Blinking her eyes hard, the stocky warrior reeled back a little at the flinty certainty of Thornbriar's eyes, directed now at her. Her? Deputy? The concept seemed impossible, inconceivable. Her father, Firestone? Absolutely deputy material. Her mate? Strong and noble and brave. But her? Failed mother, failed daughter, falling silently to pieces? Deputy? Still, there was no room for doubt in the leader's gaze. There was no "no thank you," no "I'll pass." This was her lot now. Somehow, she was chosen for this duty- yet another thing to swallow her grief- and StarClan bear witness, she would throw her heart and soul into it like everything she did. ShadowClan was her family. Swallowing slightly, shaking somewhat, Redwing stood up, her green eyes showing a little bit of the panic she felt- but not much. On the outside she would seem cool, calm and collected. Confident. It was time to make Firestone proud. Firmly, she nodded to Thornbriar. "I won't let ShadowClan down."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 8:02

"Redwing! Redwing!" Daisyflame began chanting, loud above the hushed yet noticeable clamor. Just as he'd suspected, he hadn't been chosen to be ShadowClan's next deputy, but unlike last time, the large tom didn't find himself mad or even annoyed. After what Scorchstar had told him those many moons ago, he knew that it was in his best interest not to be appointed deputy, as crazy as it sounded.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 VHQrlk5
Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 1QYZaRo

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 Molex311
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019   Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowclan's Deputy // September 2019
Page 1 of 1