Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

[closed] Prayers Beyond Hope

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

[closed] Prayers Beyond Hope Empty
PostSubject: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyMon 9 Sep 2019 - 18:35

Amberdawn had stayed in the makeshift den that she and Patrick had scrounged together for several days after the tom left to pursue his own journey. She had so many questions for him about his life and where he came from, but it was clear he had no desire to answer those questions. He was running, taking whatever name or identity suited him best in his travels to leave his past behind him. She let him run, and she had sent him off with words of kindness and peace. The former SkyClan medicine cat wondered if such a life could work for her, but her own words rang in her head: she had never been good on her own. She wasn't sure she knew how to exist by herself. She could certainly change her name... deny her place of birth and her identity as a Clan cat. Hunting she could manage, and likely her own health, but her safety? The last time she'd fought was play-fighting as a kit over four seasons ago, and she'd been a disaster. She'd always thought that was one of the reasons why StarClan chose her for the role of medicine cat, but if that was true then what chance did she stand as a loner rather than a Clan medicine cat?

Eventually she accepted that she couldn't stay in the crumbling darkness of the space under a twoleg nest forever. The she-cat tidied up her space, and as she did so she considered her options - the things she'd heard, places she'd been, stories she'd been told. She thought of the lake, but it had only been safe because of the other Clan cats there with her. Besides, twolegs had returned and reclaimed the twoleg nest they'd used as a temporary home. There was nothing there for her now even if she could make the journey. The thought of meeting the Tribe, Night's family, intrigued her, but she didn't know the way. Life was described as harsh in the mountains, and her life as a Clan cat hadn't ever been harsh. She likely wouldn't even make it. Amberdawn thought of heading towards the forest again, but exactly where was uncertain. Certainly not back to SkyClan - in fact, she intended to avoid that part of the forest altogether if she could - but perhaps ThunderClan...

Mossbloom was there. Oh, her friend... The full moon had come and gone. Amberdawn had missed the Gathering. Did Mossbloom notice? Anxiety about having left her friend without a word made the golden tabby move more quickly. She had made up her mind: Mossbloom deserved to know where she'd gone, and that she was still going.... somewhere. The young she-cat picked up her and Patrick's nests and scattered the old bedding across the fields as she left them behind. She made her way towards the river, and across stepping stones - slipping quite ungracefully twice and knocking her elbow and hip quite uncomfortably on the way - until she was in an almost familiar place. The forest.

The foliage was much more dense in ThunderClan's territory than it was anywhere in SkyClan. It made sense and explained their sturdy frames and thick coats for bursting through the bracken, and almost immediately upon trying to find her way towards the camp Amberdawn had to acknowledge that she was not built for it. She made it only a few fox-lengths at a time, trying to find some path through the foliage towards their camp, but she didn't even know where that was. If she were a Clan of forest cats, where would she place their home? Amberdawn considered trying to travel through the tree-tops, but that seemed like a good way to be mistaken for an invader trying to sneak up on and attack the camp. Stubbornly and determinedly she continued trying to push her way through, but by the time she broke into an open clearing near a long, dark tunnel, Amberdawn realized she'd used nearly half the day trying to make it through. Sun-high had passed.

"Oh, come on," she mumbled to herself, feeling her anxiety start to bloom. "Where's the camp?" She was trespassing and she knew it. Medicine cats were often given lenience when it came to borders, but she was no longer a medicine cat - at the very least, she assumed that cats would know she was no longer part of SkyClan and therefore no longer walked with StarClan's blessing. What had Tinystar told everyone at the Gathering? Anything? Had he declared her treason? Would ThunderClan chase her out before she got the chance to speak? She remembered what Oakstar had said at the end of the night as Amberdawn had shamefully follow her kin home, and she tried to cling to his words with desperate hope. He would understand; she would be safe. She simply had to hope she could find a ThunderClan cat who could listen to her and help her. Or rather, that they would find her. She prayed it was Mossbloom.

Amberdawn sat at the edge of the tunnel, shrinking slightly and curling her tail around her paws as her face darkened in thought. She couldn't find camp, but... maybe someone could find her. It was risky - what if she attracted the wrong cat? - but she felt more and more exposed the longer she sat in this unfamiliar place. The former medicine cat took in a slow, deep breath, and then meekly she called out, "Hello?" She frowned at herself. That wouldn't get anyone's attention. Her tail twitched, and after another deep breath she called more loudly, "Hello? Is anyone out there?" Another breath, "Hello! I need help! Is someone there?" Her voice reverberated in the tunnel behind her, and she glanced down the length nervously, suddenly regretting her call. What if SkyClan could hear her?

[closed] Prayers Beyond Hope VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 13:56

Mossbloom was chirping quietly to herself as she traversed the forest in search of more chervil. Their stocks had been running a bit low, and though it was past the usual season for kits, the herb was still useful for bellyaches and infected wounds. As she padded towards the stony hollow, where there was almost guaranteed to be some, a voice reached her ears, stopping her chirping. At first, she couldn't make out what exactly it was saying, but then... "Hello! I need help! Is someone there?" Immediately zeroing in on where the voice had sounded from, she sprinted towards it. The voice sounded so familiar, yet she had never expected to hear it... At least, not here. Not like this.

As she burst into the clearing, her eyes searched for what they wanted to see, and found it not long after. "Amberdawn! Oh thank StarClan, you're okay!" She ran forward into the older she-cat's chest, pressing her head into it before stepping back and looking her over. "Are you injured? I heard your call for help, are you alright?" Her search brought up no injuries, at least none she could see. Oh stars, had Amberdawn caught the cough that Sparkfrost had brought with him? Wishing that wouldn't be the case, she waited for the answer she would receive.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

[closed] Prayers Beyond Hope Giphy
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 3:05

A soft rustling a bit deeper in ThunderClan's forest made Amberdawn's ears flick, and her head swung instantly towards it as she perked up, immediately holding a breath. A heartbeat passed, two. Her breath began to eke out as she thought, Did I imagine it? Her senses were on high alert. One part of her told her to call out again, while another adamantly shrieked that she had said quite enough and would likely get herself into trouble. Again she heard movement in the thick undergrowth, but this time it was only quiet for a second before more followed. Amberdawn immediately stood, for she recognized that something had heard her, and something was coming towards her with much more speed and skill in the foliage than she possessed. Her heart pounded as the sounds drew nearer - almost frighteningly fast, but had she not called for help?

Amberdawn almost regretted the choice she'd made, but it was much too late. Soon the leaves of a nearby bush were trembling, and then out burst a familiar shape of thick, vibrant calico fur. "Mossbloom!" Amberdawn cried, and immediately the ThunderClan medicine cat's head was swinging to face her, and her amber eyes met Mossblom's green and suddenly the fears that Amberdawn had felt were melting away. Already on her paws, she began to scamper towards her friend. Mossbloom raced to greet her, crying out in relief and welcome as she embraced her friend. Amberdawn's chest vibrated with the softest purr as she stepped deeply into the calico's nuzzling, giving the she-cat's dark ears energetic nuzzles and licking the top of her head.

They separated, then, and Mossbloom was looking Amberdawn over with a searching, concerned expression. "Are you injured?" the she-cat asked, commenting that she'd heard a call for help. The former SkyClan cat immediately interjected with a bashful look on her face, "O-Oh, yes! Er. No, I'm not hurt at all, Mossbloom, I'm alright." Then the golden tabby hesitated, tilted her head ever so slightly, and added, "I-I-I mean, I'm... I was looking for you, or the ThunderClan camp at least, but I - oh, stars, Mossbloom, I'm useless out here. I was lost the minute I set a paw over the border. How do you find anything in growth this thick?" Her dark eyes were haphazardly scanning the clearing now, depths tinged with curiosity. She glimpsed tansy, and some coltsfoot, and in a clearing through some sparse branches a few fox-lengths away she thought she glimpsed some horsetail too. Goodness, they must have all the herbs in the forest at ThunderClan!

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Last edited by sumashira on Sun 22 Sep 2019 - 8:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptySun 15 Sep 2019 - 20:29

Amberdawn rushed towards her, meeting her in the middle as they embraced for a few heartbeats. Her own purr rumbled in her chest as she heard Amberdawn's, and felt her nuzzle and lick the top of her head and ears. When they pulled away from each other, Amberdawn looked almost embarrassed, and reassured her she was fine. Mossbloom let out a breath of relief and her shoulders started to relax as she caught her breath, gazing quietly at her friend with glee and concern and a hint of disbelief - was Amberdawn really there, or was Mossbloom that desperate to see her?

The golden tabby hesitated, before continuing with hesitation, casting a glance around at their surroundings. Mossbloom followed her gaze momentarily as she thought of the answer, and sympathetically nodded. "It took some time to get used to, honestly. As a kit I had no clue what was where. It does help that I'm a bit smaller than the other cats as well, even within ThunderClan. Where have you been? You weren't at the Gathering, and I've been so worried! Tinystar didn't mention anything and Mintwhisker wasn't there and you weren't and Leaftwirl had kits and I... Oh Amberdawn, I've been so worried about you.... I'm so happy you're okay.... Why are you here though? Do you need something? Herbs, help in camp, someone to talk to? I'll do what I can!" She finished, brushing her tail against Amberdawn's shoulder lightly.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019 - 12:22

Mossbloom's answer was genuine, as always, and it helped Amberdawn to feel at ease in the she-cat's presence again. The last time they had gone their separate ways, things had been a bit uneasy. They hadn't truly come to amends about the circumstances of Flintfang then and it had left things unknown and unknowable. Those things were unlikely to be put to rest now either. Both she-cats had other things on their minds, and the ThunderClan cat's voice moved easily from speaking of her kithood to questioning Amberdawn's absence, and then quickly to explaining the she was worried she'd missed the Gathering. It stung that Tinystar had said nothing, and it was frustrating that Mintwhisker wasn't there after she'd come dashing in so importantly to the trial. . .

. . . and it was shocking to hear that Leaftwirl had her kits at the Gathering. "She what?" Amberdawn gasped, but Mossbloom was continuing sadly. The calico was worried, and happy she was alive. Suddenly the she-cat began offering help and Amberdawn felt her fur flush with heat and embarrassment again. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to cause you so much worry. I just... well, I had.. I had to leave." She shook her golden head, her dark and concerned eyes sought Mossbloom's. "Please... You said Leaftwirl had her kits, and Mintwhisker wasn't there? D-Did everything go alright? Leaftwirl, how was she? Her kits?

"What in StarClan's name was she doing at the Gathering?"
Amberdawn asked, but that last question was more of a rhetorical expression of exasperation as she sighed, gazing towards the foliage once again.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Thu 26 Sep 2019 - 5:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019 - 18:46

Mossbloom heard Amberdawn's gasp, followed be the admission she had to leave. For half a heartbeat, Mossbloom nodded fin understanding, there were certainly times she needed to get away, take a walk through the territory... Wait. Leave? Her green eyes met Amberdawn's dark concerned ones in shock and dismay, had she really left?... Amberdawn asked about Leaftwirl, and her kits, how things had gone. After a few heartbeats of stunned silence Mossbloom responded shakily.

"Leaftwirl... Did fantastic, truly. She was strong and wonderful, even though we didn't really have herbs to work with. I'm going to start taking a small bundle with me to the Gatherings, in case of emergency. She had three beautiful kits, and they all returned home safely. Mintwhisker, for whatever StarClan forsaken reason, wasn't even there, and Tinystar said next to nothing the entire time. And who's that tall white cat with ears like Houndpaw? He was pacing and making everyone around us anxious. Aspenheart and I delivered the kits together, and despite it all, it went well. She finished, shrugging at Amberdawn's last expression, sighing with her.

"Queens can be very stubborn, she probably didn't give Tinystar much of a chance. Why she was allowed to come without Mintwhisker there, however, or why Mintwhisker let her go alone, is beyond me." Her voice was frigid cold as she spoke about Mintwhisker, the she-cat had not impressed her with her lengthy absence with no communication, and her repeated betrayals of Amberdawn, and this had been the last whisker that broke the little respect she held for the elder medicine cat.

She shuffled as she looked back up at Amberdawn, concern into her gaze. "You said you left?... Where did you go?... Where are you going?..."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 16:54

For a moment, Amberdawn was worried that Mossbloom wouldn't answer her question. She could see the sudden doubt and confusion and hurt beginning to form in the medicine cat's eyes as she began to understand what her friend had said, and she feared that news of Leaftwirl would be unattainable. The calico she-cat was wise, though, and intuitive; she put her worries on hold, much to Amberdawn's relief and gratitude, to answer the question of what had happened with the SkyClan queen. Her voice shook slightly, the weight of a conversation soon to follow behind the softness of her tone. The golden tabby listened attentively, eyes wide and imploring.

Mossbloom mentioned bringing a bundle of herbs to Gatherings in case of things like this, and Amberdawn felt a momentary swell of pride for her friend; she was always such a problem solver, always thinking ahead... The feelings of pride were forced to quiet themselves at the mention of Mintwhisker - or, rather, her absence - and were instead covered with frustration and disappointment and... perhaps disgust. Of course she would abandon her Clan again right after everything, she wanted to spit, but the ThunderClan asked who Leaftwirl's mate was. "Sunflower," the tabby interjected quickly, and when Mossbloom explained he paced and worried everyone the whole time Amberdawn could hardly suppress a snort.

"Yeah, that's Sunflower," she said with a half-bitter laugh. At last Mossbloom drew to the close, sighing along with Amberdawn as she explained that Leaftwirl likely didn't give anyone a choice about letting her stay home. The mention of Mintwhisker again drew more dark storm clouds from the depths of the former Clan cat's thoughts. Clearly Mossbloom wasn't impressed with the older medicine cat, either... She wondered how much her friend knew. Not a moment later, the calico asked sadly the questions that Amberdawn dreaded. Amberdawn only let them hang in the air for a moment; she struggled to meet Mossbloom's glimmering green gaze, but she had to do this.

At last Amberdawn took in a deep breath. "Yes, I... left. I left SkyClan, for good. I'm not ever going back," she began. "I stayed at the twolegplace farm near RiverClan for a few days, but... well, I can't be a loner. I'd be as good as dead without others around, and loners don't really... uh, do the being around others thing. I can't be in another Clan, and I can't be alone, so I... I'm going to try Twolegplace. I met a kittypet recently. He was strange, but he was healthy. Safe. He could go wherever he wanted, and I want to find that. If it exists for him, it must exist elsewhere. I-I've heard other stories, but it... I know it's risky, but it's safer than SkyClan now."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 9:54

Amberdawn listened with wide curious eyes, and Mossbloom could see the pride and and relief as she detailed Leaftwirl's birth, followed by an expression she had ever seen on the she-cat's face before. Was that... disgust? Or perhaps resentment? What had Mintwhisker and SkyClan done to force Amberdawn to leave, and hold such ill feelings? Amberdawn put a name to the face, and Mossbloom nodded. "Sunflower! I knew I had seen him, he attacked Beartooth once on the border. I just could not place his name. Wait, Leaftwirl was with him?" Shock colored her voice, and immediately she regretted it. "I mean, if he makes her happy, I just... She was always so bright and fun and hard-working.... And he seemed so... Well, I'm sure you already know...." She trailed off as she looked to Amberdawn expectantly, unsure of the answer she would receive regarding what had occurred.

Left for good... Not ever going back... Mossbloom wrapped her tail around her paws as she sat down, feeling the weight of the confessions Amberdawn had. Going to Twolegplace.... Mossbloom stiffened slightly. "Why can't you stay in another clan? You can come to ThunderClan, or... or WindClan, they're far from SkyClan... I know Finchstar and Raventail, they'd be happy to help! Or.... or.... you can stay here, and we'll protect you! Just... Twolegplace... is...." Her voice shook as she pictured Amberdawn in a twoleg nest like the only one she had ever known. "They're dangerous, Amberdawn... What if you get hurt, or lost? I... I don't know what I'd do without knowing you're safe and happy.... I owe you my life, please, let me repay the favor by protecting you, with my own claws if I must...."

Her paws shook, hidden by her tail. She couldn't bear it if Amberdawn ended up the way she had... or even worse. Her breath caught in her chest as she asked her final question. "How can that place be safer than SkyClan?... What did they do?...."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyWed 25 Sep 2019 - 8:48

At Mossbloom's uneasy stammering and stumbling about her slip of shock regarding Leaftwirl and Sunflower, Amberdawn couldn't help it and let out a bit of a dry snicker. After a moment, though, the golden tabby shook her head sadly and murmured, "He doesn't make her happy - at least, not anymore, if he ever did at all. She hasn't been happy in a while..." Immediately the former medicine cat stopped herself, shaking her head and saying apologetically, "Sorry - she might not want me telling you that. I wish I could've helped her. With the kits. With... everything."

Then the former Clan cat had shared her plan, and at last the painful moment came. Amberdawn grimaced slightly as she finished her last sentence, for she knew instantly the look in her friend's eyes. Pain, disapproval, fear; she'd expected it, but she still felt sick for causing it. The golden tabby leaned in slightly, trying to brush her friend's fur with her own to try and reassure Mossbloom as she worried. Amberdawn felt her certainty waver at the calico's passionate testimony about the dangers of twolegplace and the creatures that lived there, but she held her resolve as best she could. I won't be the first cat to try to find a home in twolegplace, she thought hopefully, and I won't be the first to succeed.

Still, Mossbloom's last question made Amberdawn falter, and she let her head fall slightly before finally looking into her friend's deep green eyes. "They... killed Tinystar," the golden tabby she-cat began, her voice soft but clear. "They killed him, and I knew they would, and I allowed it." With a deep breath, the former SkyClan cat steeled herself and delivered the tale

StarClan's prophecy that blood would be spilled for the injustice of Sparrowpaw, and the knowledge that it was out of Amberdawn's paws. Their vision to Burningsun, a simple warrior, and the knowledge that she revealed of Sparrowpaw's actions before and during her trial, up to her execution. Tinystar's admission of having killed her yet still believing it justified. Mintwhisker's sudden return, confirming that Sparrowpaw had attacked her aggressively at the Moonstone. Burningsun calling for the young medicine cat's testimony... Amberdawn's revelation that Mintwhisker's murder of Sedgestrike - which had been revealed several moons ago to all the Clans at a Gathering - was revealed to the apprentice, prompting the attack. The warrior forcing Amberdawn to speak against her grandfather and a cat she'd once thought of as a mother...

Burningsun demanding Tinystar's life.

StarClan had told her, and she realized it was out of her paws. SkyClan had always been out of her paws. Tinystar's mistrust had culminated to this; she had allowed him to die. Truthfully, it was a relief to know he hadn't been stripped of his lives completely - based on what Mossbloom said - but Amberdawn knew that only made her situation worse. Amberdawn explained every detail of how she left, feeling a little heavier with each moment. She finished, gazing deeply into Mossbloom's eyes, "I can't stay in the forest. My heart was always with SkyClan, but I... I feel like my SkyClan died the day Mintwhisker killed Sedgestrike. I can't picture myself serving another Clan. I can't... be where they can bring me back."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyWed 25 Sep 2019 - 9:38

Mossbloom chirped quietly, sympathetically. She would never be able to take a mate, the path of a medicine cat forbid it.... But she had also seen what a twisted idea of love could do to a cat, and she hoped that Leaftwirl would see for herself sooner rather than later that she was not happy.... If you aren't happy, and content, why stay? The thought was bitter as it pulled the idea of Flintfang to her mind before she swiftly pushed it away. "I'll try to talk to her more, don't worry. She'll be well cared for, and so will her kits. I'll make sure of it. Knowing Leaftwirl... Well, I'm sure she knows your wishes, even if she hasn't heard them herself."

Amberdawn's head lowered slightly before she met Mossbloom's eyes, and the truth came flooding just as the waters had. There was so much to take in, the realization of the source of his wound, the injustice that Sparrowpaw had faced, the knowledge of her execution without a trail. Her eyes narrowed slightly at the information surrounding Sparrowpaw's murder and Mintwhisker's sudden, convenient return, but then widened with shock as Amberdawn revealed that Mintwhisker, a medicine cat called to heal and treat, regardless of clan or rank, had raised her claws to another cat. That she had murdered a cat, whose name and position she could never know, but a cat all the same. That went against everything she had ever known, but Amberdawn seemed so... Unsurprised, almost, like she had gotten used to the news long ago.

She realized suddenly that the original execution had taken place moons before, perhaps before she was even born. Regardless, had StarClan chosen to ignore Mintwhisker's transgressions? Or worse, had Tinystar? Or did he simply not know? Her eyes still wide, gazing back with concern, shock, and fear towards Amberdawn, she continued to listen as Amberdawn revealed the warrior's demand of Tinystar's life. She went into detail about her departure, and then finished looking like the weight of all of the clan's were on her shoulders, and Mossbloom moved to sit at her side, their fur brushing together.

The words were hard to find, as her mind tried to sift through all of the information that had been given to her. Finally, she spoke, her voice quiet. "I am so sorry, Amberdawn. You should have never had to go through all of that... Any of it, really. They failed you, not the other way around. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.... But it makes sense. I.... I hope that you encounter good twolegs, or at least a warm and safe place to rest. I hope you find safety, and peace and comfort. If... If you ever, for any reason, are around, please don't hesitate to come. If you want, I can try to go with you, I'm sure Oakstar wouldn't mind much, as long as I'm not gone long... But Pricklebush is in RiverClan again...." She trailed off, thinking silently that if she ever saw a twoleg again it would be too soon. For now, though, she would support her friend as best she could.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 7:10

Mossbloom had always been a good listener, and now proved to be no different as Amberdawn sorrowfully, bitterly explained everything that had lead up to her choice to abandon everything she'd ever known. In her heart, the golden tabby cat knew that, whatever she had experienced, the fact of the matter was that she had given up. She had left her leader in the middle of his execution, and she had left her Clanmates in the paws of an unreliable medicine cat, and she had abandoned her Clan in the middle of its darkest turmoil since the flood. Amberdawn was a coward from a Clan of cowards, and all the times she'd tried to make the right decision only lead to her failing her Clan. About this, though, Amberdawn was certain: leaving was the right thing.

At the end, Mossbloom was there for her, joining her at her side and leaning in. The pair of she-cats sat in somber silence for a moment; the ThunderClan cat's head was, no doubt, reeling from all that Amberdawn had revealed to her. She needed to know, Amberdawn told herself, trying to reassure herself of the uncertainty and sadness which she had now sloughed onto Mossbloom's shoulders. SkyClan isn't a good place right now, and she needs to know. At last her friend broke the silence, speaking soft words of sadness - but understanding.

Still Amberdawn was saddened to hear the half-unwilling words of support and comfort from her friend. She felt her amber eyes begin to moisten with tears, and she sniffled and blinked against the stinging sensation in her eyes. Was this going to be the hardest goodbye? Part of her did wish she could stay in ThunderClan with Mossbloom and Pricklebush, but... it was just too close to SkyClan. The forest would always remind her too much of SkyClan. However safe Amberdawn was there, she wouldn't be able to feel at peace knowing the cats she'd abandoned suffered just on the other side of some senseless border. She'd never be able to detach herself so long as she was near enough to miss them.

Mossbloom offered to accompany her friend to twolegplace, but there was a sad, frightened look on her face, and as she trailed off uncertainly Amberdawn immediately shook her head. "Oh, Mossbloom, I would never ask that from you," she said with a choked purr. "This is my path to walk; I'll be okay." A tear slipped down her cheek and Amberdawn leaned aside to press the side of her face against Mossbloom's. She murmured, "You're my best friend. Just... Just knowing you made this forest so much more bearable. You've taught me so much - made me so much stronger. When I can return to the forest again, I will find you. I promise. I-I'll find some way to let you know I'm safe."

For a moment, Amberdawn twined her golden tail with Mossbloom's, nuzzling under the she-cat's cheek for a moment. Her lip quivered as she fought back a sniffle, and a few tears fell. "Everything will be okay." The tabby cat sat up and shuffled away a bit, meeting her dear friend's gaze. "StarClan has brought us this far. I trust them to guide my paws like they've guided yours, and like they will continue to do still." A final tear slipped down her face, and a genuine, warm smile spread across Amberdawn's face. "You're a blessing, Mossbloom. The morning after a long night; the sunshine after a cold storm; the newleaf after a bitter leaf-bare. ThunderClan is so lucky to have you. I'm... lucky to have you."

She pressed her forehead against Mossbloom's, and she stayed there. "I'll find a way to tell you I'm okay before the first snow-fall," Amberdawn said gently.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 7:27

She felt guilty at the flash of relief that coursed through her as Amberdawn gently declined her offer to accompany her to Twolegplace. She wanted to be there, to ensure that her dear friend was safe.... So why did the thought of doing so cause her paws to freeze in terror at the very thought of going near a twoleg? A pained and sorrowful humm rumbled in her chest as Amberdawn pressed her face against her own, and the stinging sensation of tears sprung in Mossbloom's eyes as her friend continued to speak. Her heart broke with the words, and she wanted to just stay in this quiet clearing, as though nothing else mattered, for a while longer. Maybe forever. The forest wasn't so kind though, and she knew from Amberdawn's words that what she said was true - Tinystar would never leave her alone if she was close by.

"Amberdawn, I.... I'm not sure how I could have made you stronger, when you made me stronger. You taught me my first lessons about herbs, and while Pricklebush was gone you were always there. We relied on each other so much and... Well... I'm going to miss you so much. Talking to you has always brought me such joy, and I'm going to miss you more than words could ever describe. I wish I could keep you safe, keep the forest safe.... I'll keep working hard to try to do so, as much as I can. Thank you, Amberdawn.... For everything." Their tails twined together, and ThunderClan's medicine cat leaned into the nuzzle under her cheek as her tears fell, mingling with Amberdawn's on the leaves underpaw.

Sniffling with her, Mossbloom nodded, a small smile on her face. No way would she let her friend go without one last smile, no matter how sad the goodbye was. No, not goodbye, a so long for now. They would see each other again. "Yes, everything will be fine. StarClan will help us, and guide us, and all will be well. I hope that they guide us together once more some day." She paused as Amberdawn's face lit up with a warm smile as a single tear fell, and Mossbloom smiled in return as she pressed her forehead to hers. "Thank you, Amberdawn. You've always been so kind, a light in the dark, solid ground during constant waves... I've been blessed by StarClan to know you, and I'm so glad that I get to be your best friend. No matter how far you go, or where your paws take you... I'll always pad next to you through your journeys."

Her dear friend reassured her that she would let her know by the first snowfall that she was safe, and Mossbloom nodded against her forehead. "Thank you. I'll keep an eye out for you, for your sign. Go carefully, my friend, and my StarClan light your path always. If you ever need a safe place to stay, I will always welcome you. No matter how long it may be...." The pause lingered between the two before Mossbloom spoke in a voice choked with tears. "I love you, Amberdawn. You will always be one of my dearest, closest friends. Until we see each other again, okay?"

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 19:23

Mossbloom had always been so graceful in goodbyes; it was heart-wrenching to Amberdawn that she was one of the cats to make the she-cat endure it, but she was grateful nonetheless. The ThunderClan cat's words were gentle and understanding, and they were genuine in kind. The former SkyClan cat was overwhelmed with admiration, once again, for the beautiful, warm-hearted calico at her side. Their tails wrapped around each other's for a brief moment, a silent moment of subtle intimacy before a moment of great loss. The fur of their cheeks mingled, and she reveled in the bittersweet moment and the closeness of her dearest friend.

The two of them sat up, and at last Mossbloom smiled too. Things wouldn't be the way that they necessarily wanted, but things would be okay. Her promise made, Amberdawn sat in quiet, listening with rapt ears to these parting words. The golden tabby closed her eyes for a moment; she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, opening her eyes as the sorrow threatened to choke Mossbloom's voice again. The heartfelt, warm words that the calico said made Amberdawn's throat tighten, and her smile quivered - this time, a cry of overwhelming love. She wouldn't cry again, though.

"I love you, too, Mossbloom. You're my friend from the mountains to the lakes, to Silverpelt and riverbed," Amberdawn purred, at last lifting her head to run her tongue in an affectionate lick up the bridge of Mossbloom's nose and between her eyes. Finally she stood, and she stepped back, and she sniffled and said, "We will see each other again." The golden tabby began to turn away, her tail swishing absently behind her. Amberdawn's dark eyes glimmered as she turned and meowed over her shoulder, "Be safe, Mossbloom, and be well."

Then she turned, scampering away from her friend to where the underbrush began to thin until at last she disappeared from the medicine cat's sight.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope   [closed] Prayers Beyond Hope Empty

Back to top Go down

[closed] Prayers Beyond Hope
Page 1 of 1