Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Everything I Know (CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

Everything I Know (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 7:52

Addershade led his new apprentice through the territory just outside camp. His new, second apprentice...Even though he had been a warrior for a little while now, it still felt sort of new to him, and it seemed somewhat surreal that he'd been assigned an apprentice once, let alone twice. Of course, the first one had left...for a moment, the genuine worry that this one would leave as well flickered in his mind.

He stopped near the edge of the water, and turned to face the young tom. He couldn't worry about the future right now. If he was going to show his apprentice how to hunt, he had to focus his worries on the present, on keeping his apprentice safe as he learned and trained to be a warrior. There were a lot of things that could go wrong, even during simple training.

"All right, Tigerpaw," the brown-black warrior began "Today we're going to do some hunting. But keep in mind before we proceed that we're not the only hunters out here. Always keep an eye out for predators. Just because you don't think you're going into a dangerous situation doesn't mean one can't arise. On my first hunting patrol, we were attacked by an eagle," Addershade told him "Not that that's definitely going to happen right now...but just always make sure you're alert. Better to be safe than sorry. You don't want to end up in trouble just because you weren't paying attention," He wasn't trying to scare the young tom, but, well....he supposed he'd rather his apprentice be a little....wary...than be taken by surprise by an enemy and badly hurt, or worse.

"We'll start by trying to catch some fish. So, tell me, once I've gotten to the riverbank, what do you think my next step should be?"
Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Characters : Crowkit, Tigerpaw, Cloudpaw
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 582

PostSubject: Re: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 13:04

The apprentice was excited. He had been following his new mentor with a raised tail and lifted up chin, hoping to learn all about him so he could one day hunt with his siblings and father. When they stopped to start the lesson, the brown-furred tom looked up to the warrior and listening, nodding to all his indications but at the same time, showing up some of his bold nature. "If an eagle shows up, I'll beat it up just like you did in your first patrol, then!" He chirped, trying to make his mentor proud despite the short time they had known each other.

Tigerpaw then continued to follow Addershade to the riverbank and he looked at it with bright eyes. "That's where the yummy fish comes from, right?" He purred before the tom continued with the lesson. Tigerpaw thought about his answers for a few seconds, his eyes on the water until something came to his mind. He shifted his gaze to Addershade and mewed, doubtfully: "Swim in and catch it our jaws?"

Crowkit of Shadowclan:#0066ff
Tigerpaw of Riverclan:#006600
Cloudpaw of Riverclan: #00cc99
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 17:31

"Well, I suppose you could try and catch them from the river...Though it's my...recommendation to, and is usually both much easier and safer to, catch them from the bank. Personally, I tend to find it easier to scoop them up with my claws, but you can also try snatching one with your teeth. Either way, speed is paramount to success," Addershade said, getting into position so he could show demonstrate for his apprentice. He made a quick check of his surrounding before turning his attention the the water, making sure there were no predators he could sense angling for the same prey as them. When he was pretty confident about their safety, he resumed his instruction.

"Watch me, I'll show you the steps, and then you can try. The first thing you want to do is make sure your in a position that isn't causing your shadow to fall across the water and alert the fish...then, you wait for one to come nearby, and..." Addershade watched the waters, watching for one to approach...as soon as it did, he darted out his paw. But in the moment before he reached it, he heard a noise behind him, and as he turned around and saw the bird's claws aimed for him he felt history repeat.

Foxdung! he thought, the pain from the bird's strike stinging in his side, I tried to be careful, I tried to watch! How did I miss that?

Addershade used 3 SP to try to catch as fish. The catch was unsuccessful, and an Eagle has appeared!
Eagle used Talon Strike on Addershade, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 SP

Addershade
HP: 35/45 (-10)
SP: 157/160 (-3)

Eagle
HP: 60/60
SP: 190/200 (-10)

Last edited by Ceryn on Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 17:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 17:31

The member 'Ceryn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Everything I Know (CLOSED) Mistpe10
Everything I Know (CLOSED) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Lux

Lux

Characters : Crowkit, Tigerpaw, Cloudpaw
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 582

PostSubject: Re: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 14:35

The apprentice was so focused on seeing what his mentor was doing that he did not see the bird until it was right over Addershade. His first instinct was to hiss and rise up his fur. But his second one... was a sudden urge to fight... to protect. Boldly, the big tom ran and tackle the distracted bird, pushing it towards the water. "Stay away from Addershade, you big meanie bird!" He shouted, his voice trembling at first because of how nervous he was. He wasn't experienced in fighting... why was he doing this? The eagle could easily cut his throat... but... if he did not stand up... who would for Addershade?

Tigerpaw used Run-and-Tackle, dealing 9 damage and costing 10 stamina
Tigerpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Eagle
51/60 HP
190/200 SP

Crowkit of Shadowclan:#0066ff
Tigerpaw of Riverclan:#006600
Cloudpaw of Riverclan: #00cc99
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 20:54

Addershade glanced over at his apprentice, who had knocked the eagle down, and feeling a sudden mix of emotions.

He was surprised, for one. Though the apprentice had said he would fight the eagle when the scenario was simply hypothetical...he hadn't expected the young tom to actually put that into practice. After all, it seemed like basic instinct to keep yourself out of the fray and let the more experienced fighter handle it. When he'd fought an eagle as an apprentice, he had been on a patrol with two other warriors and the medicine cat. It was risky, but much less so, and besides, there weren't just one but three cats watching him. If it had just been him and his mentor, alone, would he have had the guts to join the fight, and so quickly at that? Or would he have saved himself? He knew the answer, though he wished it were different. And so, he was also proud of his apprentice, for already showing more courage than he himself had had-- perhaps more than he still had.

Most of all, though, he was worried. He had not yet shown Tigerpaw how to really fight, and here they were with a real opponent, one in many ways less predictable than another cat. If something happened to his apprentice...he would always feel responsible for it. So he would do everything to keep him safe-- and to keep the eagle's attention.

As the eagle shifted up again, Addershade launched himself upward too and slashed out his claws before landing back on all fours, hoping the blow was enough to keep the eagle's ire focused on himself and not on Tigerpaw. Thankfully-- though quite painfully-- it was, as the eagle struck him again, just like it had before.

Addershade used Rear-up to Slash on the Eagle, dealing 11 damage and costing 15 SP
Eagle used Talon Strike on Addershade, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 SP

Addershade:
HP: 25/45 (-10)
SP: 141/160 (-15)

Eagle:
HP: 40/60 (-11)
SP: 180/200 (-10)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything I Know (CLOSED)   Everything I Know (CLOSED) Empty

Back to top Go down