Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Walk Tall (Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 22:26

occ: takes place after Oakstar's clan meeting
Leopardstar...was numb.

Not from the effects of any herb, nor from exhaustion or sickness; the infection that had raged through the cut in his leg throughout his bloodstream had quelled, leaving only a dull ache.  He had felt this cold unfeeling before though, many times in fact.  Death brought it to light, a terrible monster that sucked away all joy, all happiness until all that remained was crippling grief and sorrow.  He had always expected its return someday, but never in his right mind had he imagined it to come for his death.  His many deaths.

His death as a leader.

It had been a hellish experience from the start.  After doing everything the medicine cats asked - staying off his sprained leg, keeping the wound clean - Leopardstar had thought he was in the clear.  He casually, with a laugh, had cursed the tree root that had grounded him as Marshstorm had left to lead the Gathering patrol, expecting to soon sit upon the Great Rock again.  Instead, about a quarter moon later, the golden tom had awoken in his den to the most rancid scent, his head spinning with heat and confusion as he hobbled across the camp to the medicine cat's den.  Pricklebush and Mosspaw had settled him down in this nest, went to work on his leg, but after only a few minutes he had drifted away into the clutches of sleep.  

In a way, it had reminded him of the sleep one gained at the Moonstone, deep and unmoving, but once the visions came he had begged the stars to release him.  He guessed they were fever dreams, perhaps...but then why had it felt so real?  One by one, he had been faced with images from his life, distorted and terrifying.  His mother, instead of turning tail and running away like the cruel coward she was, whipped around and attacked him; even thinking of it made his neck tingle uncomfortably.  This repeated...so many times.  The hungry eyes of Rockthorn took Cherrykit's life, and then his own; Wolffang, instead of accepting his message, pinned him down to the floor of the barn and tore out his throat.  At first, the visions had been rational and clear, no matter how horrifying, but soon enough they became something out of the Dark Forest.  

Bloody, red-eyed forms of cats he had once known surrounded him on all sides, their teeth clicking and tounges swirling dangerously.  Beneath the gore, he could make out pelts he knew; as the distorted image of Blizzardshine leaped for him, he dodged, only to run straight into Reedheart, Honeyspark, Orchidfeather, and Dawnpetal teamed up to destroy him.  Cat after cat he knew, their faces twisted with a sick form of glee, had launched themselves at him.  Mottledwing, Pantherclaw, Darkflight, Blacktwig, Leafstorm, Specklefang, Sharptooth, Brindlestar...Lichenfang.  One after another, not pausing to let him recover for even a heartbeat.  Tears had filled his eyes as the tom curled up on the blood-stained ground, shaking with exhaustion.  He had never felt so tiny in his entire life as he did then, helpless as a sea of demonic forms stalked him like prey, mocking him for his weakness.  The all-mighty leopard has fallen...what leader you turned out to be...you should've died in the snow like you were meant to, rogue!  The laughs and taunting went on for what felt like ages, filling his head with such noise he felt nauseous.  Clamping his paws down over his ears, Leopardstar had called out in a last-ditch attempt to find someone on his side, a saving grace.  "G...Grasswhisker, please!"

He didn't know who struck the final blow, but with one streak of pain it was done, and he had faded into darkness.

"Leopardstar...it's alright.  You're safe here, open your eyes."

His eyes crusted shut with dried tears, the golden warrior struggled to wake, his body sore and almost immobile.  Everything hurt, but he managed to wrench open his hazel eyes, startled by the sudden brightness of this new world.  So much different from the dark skies and blood-covered rocks he had just died on, the territory of StarClan was shining and beautiful...like always.  With a groan, he rolled over onto his belly, heart pounding with the effort just that took and twisted his head around to look up at the cat who had woken him.

"Y...you c-came for me..."

"Oh, of course I did, how could I not?"  As Grasswhisker leaned down to press her head against his neck, nuzzling him as a mother would her kit, for once in his life Leopardstar did not feel comforted.  All he could feel...was that something was deeply wrong.  Pulling away, he struggled to his paws, hazel eyes wide and searching as he scanned her face.  There was sadness there.  "What...what happened to me?  Why was I in that place, why...why did you make me go through that?!"  His eyes sparking with renewed moisture, he stared into Grasswhisker's green eyes, not breaking her gaze for a heartbeat.  "That...that wasn't a normal dream.  You don't feel pain when you dream...unless you're in StarClan.  So tell me, why was I there?  Why has everyone turned on me...what's wrong with them?!"  Grasswhisker finally looked away, her eyes dropping to the starry ground.  She was silent.

"AWNSER ME!"

Leopardstar had never been so mad before at the she-cat he loved like family.  As he yowled, his eyes burned with painful rage and tears, his limbs shaking as they fought to collapse under him.  He didn't know what was happening, and as confusion took hold, anger soon followed; he knew himself well.  A gaping silence stretched between them for a long time, before finally, Grasswhisker spoke up, her voice quavering greatly.

"Leopardstar...I'm s-so sorry.  That...that wasn't StarClan's doing.  I tried to stop it, I really did, but..."  The gray tabby she-cat looked up at last, starshine tears running down her cheeks.

"You...you succumbed to your illness.  You lost all of your lives but one.  I'm...I'm so sorry..."

Leopardstar froze.  It felt as if everything was crashing down from the inside out, and as his legs finally failed him and he fell to his knees that seemed to be the case.  His eyes stared blankly ahead, unseeing.  No....it can't be...  He remembered vividly the day when Blizzardshine had lost her lives to the fox, her fur stained with her own blood and eyes glowing with pain.  No...nononono this can't be happening, it can't be!  Lip trembling, Leopardstar looked up at his mentor, eyes burning with too many emotions to count.  "Why?"  Voice dangerously low, he hissed, feeling his heart shattering with every breath.  "StarClan can save anyone they want to...so why is it me that you've forsaken?!"  Gulping, he gazed down at his paws, trying to make sense of all this.  "I gave up...everything, to lead my Clan, and this is how the stars repay me?  Stripping me of lives and tossing me back into the world?!  How is that fair, Grasswhisker?  Tell me!"  Seeing his mentor flinch brought him a sick sense of accomplishment that he instantly regretted, but he couldn't go back now.  This wasn't an innocent childhood vision...the fate of ThunderClan lay on the border.  The fate of his very life.

"Leopardstar, I would never do that.  ThunderClan needs a leader who can give his all to protect his Clanmates...including life.  You've done an amazing job my son, you've changed history forever, and your name will be remembered for many moons to come...but you have to let go.  It's time for Marshstorm to take your place."  "And what if I refuse?!"  As Leopardstar forced himself back to his paws, Grasswhisker took a pace back, eyes wide.  "What right...do the stars have...to take away my family...take away my time...and now...the position I gave that all up to commit to?!  He could feel his eyes burning with tears, but went on, his enraged voice a stark contrast to the peaceful landscape.  "I had to watch Lynxtail, Copperheart, and Batbite grow up from the sidelines...Lichenfang died because I wasn't able to stay by her side!  How is this, any of this, fair Grasswhisker?!"  His voice cracked, and quavered off, eyes fixed once again on his paws.  Suddenly, he felt a weight crash into him, and when he looked up from his place on the ground he found Grasswhisker standing over him, eyes glowing with determination.

"You're right, it's not fair!  It's horrible, and I'm so sorry this has happened Leopardstar, but listen to me; pull yourself together!  Don't you realize the chance you have?  You're alive!  You're not a star in the sky yet, and I'm glad you're not!  I can't change the past, and like I've told you before, you can't keep dwelling on it, but there are still cats down there that love you, and want to see you prosper.  Marshstorm will be a worthy leader, and with you to give him the support he needs he will go far; your kits are waiting for you to wake up, they want to love their father and spend time with him!  You have friends, many friends, in ThunderClan...the future is in your paws Leopardstar!  Don't you see?  Your life is far from done...it's only beginning!  So don't you dare waste your ninth life...I have a feeling it's going to be the best one."  Leopardstar was stunned into silence, but before he could say anything else Grasswhisker touched her nose to his forehead, and he closed his eyes.

"By the powers of StarClan, I revoke the name Leopardstar from this noble cat.  He has served ThunderClan well, and will continue to serve it well as a warrior.  To you, the name Leopardclaw is returned.  May StarClan light your path, my friend.

It's time to wake up."

It had been almost a day since he had opened his eyes, to the joy of Mosspaw and Pricklebush, but truthfully, he didn't know what to do with himself.  His body was weak from the trauma of losing so many lives at once, and he was forbidden to leave his nest, not that he wanted to.  Marshstorm had left for the Moonstone before he had woken, a fact which stung a bit, but he waited for his return with an anxious sort of longing.  The infection was gone, for the most part, leaving an ugly healing wound on his back leg, which would most definitely scar.  After a good night's rest and a final check by the medicine cats, he would probably be sent back to his den - no, the warrior's den.  How long had it been since he had slept under that bush, with the rustlings of his sleeping clanmates nearby and the soft flank of Lichenfang pressed against his side?  The memories were almost too much to bear, and with a sigh, Leopardclaw hung his head, hazel eyes dull.  Grasswhisker...I don't know if I can move past this.  It hurts...so much.

What am I going to do?

Last edited by RainyHeart on Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 18:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 11:45

Leopardstar's eyes had opened the day before, and as Mosspaw, overjoyed, had checked over him thoroughly before the meeting it seemed as though his fever had completely dissipated. It had finally broken two days before, but it had still been too high for her liking. Once Marsh- no, Oakstar, had made his announcement, she quickly hurried back to the den. She still hoped that Pricklebush was somewhere in the crowd of cats, and she had just missed him during the meeting, but she had to return to Leopardstar's side as soon as possible, especially if Pricklebush wasn't in the camp. She hesitated as she passed the fresh kill pile, looking between a mouse and a vole. She finally picked up the vole, looking at the mouse with a longing hurt as she walked away, carrying the vole. She was pleasantly surprised to see that the previous leader was awake, but concern flooded her expression as she took in his dull eyes. She couldn't imagine going through what the tom must have gone through, in fact, her mind didn't want to even try to fathom the depths of hurt and sorrow that Leopardstar was feeling.

She approached quietly, and set the vole down in front of the tom before pressing her nose to the top of his head. His fever was still gone, but... She moved to inspect his wound, relieved to see that it was still clean, and healing fine. "Your wound is looking better... Try to eat, please. I'm going to get something to help you feel a little better still, okay?" She disappeared into the crevice that housed their herbs, and emerged carrying a single flower of chamomile. Setting it down next to the vole, she urged the tom. "Please, you need to eat. Eat the chamomile as well, it will help heal you further. Are you thirsty, or cold?"

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Walk Tall (Closed) Giphy
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 18:03

Leopardclaw was aware of Mosspaw's return, but barely.  His eyes had zoned out of reality into a realm of tortured blurriness and he couldn't quite summon the effort to return and meet her gaze.  After a moment though, the familiar scent of vole met his nostrils, but even though he blinked and finally focused his eyes on it, he didn't want to eat.  He knew he should, it had been days at this point...but what's the point?  As soon as the dark thought crossed his mind though, he mentally scolded himself; Grasswhisker is right, I need to keep going.  No matter how hard it is...  As he felt Mosspaw's soft nose touch his forehead - much like his mentor had done to revoke his name - he closed his eyes until the weight was gone, and moved his head slightly to follow the training healer as she inspected his leg.  It seemed they had come to the same conclusion.  Curiosity nonexistent as she slipped behind the crevice to grab something, the ragged-furred golden tom managed to straighten himself and hook the vole into his nest, but all he did was stare at the dead creature.  Lichenfang used to catch these for me...  

He didn't know how long he spent staring down at his prey, but Mosspaw dropping a sweet-smelling flower beside it managed to startle him out of his trance, and he finally lifted his head to meet her gaze.  Chamomile...  She was right; he needed to eat, and his stomach seemed to agree.  Hesitantly opening his mouth, he tore off a small piece of meat and swallowed it, before licking up the delicate flower and crunching it between his teeth.  After so long without food, it almost felt odd for something besides herbs to go down his throat, but once he began he found he couldn't stop.  Taking three ravenous bites out of the meal before remembering Mosspaw had asked him something, he wiped his maw with a forepaw before looking up again, hazel eyes starting to come back to life.  "Oh...um, I could do with some water, if you have it."  He was about to return to his meal when a question popped into his mind; "Mosspaw...has Marshstorm returned from Highstones?  I thought I heard voices a few minutes ago..."  In truth, he had covered his ears once the noise began, not wanting to hear the happy voices of his clanmates, but nevertheless.  His quavering voice did nothing to hide the distinct tone of apprehension, and as he realized this his face dropped.  In truth, the thought of facing his friend...wasn't something he was ready for.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 18:22

She wasn't surprised when Leopardstar hadn't eaten anything yet as she dropped the chamomile, but she was quite pleased as he finally took a bite and then ate the flower before continuing to eat. She smiled slightly as he started to eat with more vigor, and the thought crossed her mind that perhaps she should have grabbed both the mouse and the vole. The tom's voice startled her out of her thinking though, and her eyes focused on his. Her smile grew a little as she noticed a small spark in their depths, and she purred. "Of course, I'll get that right away. Would you like something else to eat, too?" She turned and padded away, making her way back to the fresh-kill pile. If Leopardstar wouldn't eat it, she certainly would, although it had been several moons since she had last tasted mouse. Returning to the den, she set it next to the vole before retrieving a bundle of moss soaked with water and settling back at the old leader's side. As the tom started to turn back to his meal he paused, and her ears perked as he asked another question. 

"Yes, he just returned. I'm sure he has much to share with you, but I'm sure that's all things that he'd like to share with you personally. Would you like me to fetch him for you, once you finish eating?" Mosspaw looked at the tom questioningly, she didn't want to overwhelm him, and he had seemed to shut down again as he asked about Oakstar, but maybe his old deputy would be able to help guide his paws, and his mind. She could help heal external wounds, and lend a listening ear for the internal ones, but there was only so much that she could do alone. This was something that Leopardstar would have to learn himself, although she would offer her guidance ever step of the way that she could.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Walk Tall (Closed) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 1:50

Oakstar padded quietly towards the medicine den. A gentle nuzzle to Dustcloud as he passed her along the way, but his goal was to reach the little tucked away den. As he padded into it, he was greeted with the sight of Mosspaw… and Leopardclaw. Watching him. He dipped his head in respect as he padded over to sit down next to the former leader. Relief evident in his gaze.

"Leopardst-...claw. I was worried." He felt his tongue slip on a name that was recently unfamiliar to him. For some moons Leopardstar had always been… star. Not claw. He tried to suppress the guilt that seized his chest. "Pricklebush… told me that it was time. You were so sick, for so long… I’m sorry Leopardclaw, I really am." He confessed, calm returning to his voice as his tail rested neatly around him.

"You’ve missed a lot… is there anything you’d like to know in particular before I give you a report?" He asked, opening the way for Leopardclaw to ask anything he wanted. "StarClan… they named me Oakstar. "

RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 13:25

Before he could even begin to answer Mosspaw, she bright young molly had left the den and trotted back with a mouse gripped between her teeth, which she also offered him.  Only about halfway done with the vole, he was still very hungry and the mouse looked appetizing as well, but something held him back.  After taking a lick from the water-soaked moss, his tired eyes trying their best to look teasing, he purred to the medicine cat apprentice, though his remarks were genuine.  "You spoil this old geezer...I don't need more than this Mosspaw, but thank you.  Why don't you take it?  You've saved my life, after all, it must've been hard work."  Underneath his fur, Leopardclaw was flushed with shame.  Never since I've been leader has a cat offered me more than one piece of prey...they always knew I could live without it, and I liked it that way.  Taking more than one thing from the pile always made me feel selfish.  Now though...  Mosspaw's answer to his own question though made him flinch, and he quickly flicked around with wide eyes to meow "Oh, no no, it's fine, he's probably busy-"

As a shadow passed across the den entrance, Leopardclaw cut himself off and turned around, being met with the sight of the very cat he was trying to avoid.  Marshstorm...or, Marshstar now, he supposed.

For a long moment, all he could do was stare at the dark tabby tom, brother of Wolffang, feeling his eyes slowly grow colder and duller against his will.  He managed to break off his gaze when his former deputy nodded respectfully, glancing back down at his vole with only a blink to acknowledge the tom's greeting.  Hearing his tongue slip on his former name only deepened the empty void that threatened to swallow him whole.  Marshstar's words felt like jibberish going through his ears, as Leopardclaw felt the tension within him build and build; the fur along his spine rippled as the waves had on the lakeshore, his shaded eyes condensed to angry slits, and his scarred black-tipped ears lay flat against his head.  The only thing that got through was a name, one he didn't recognize.

Oakstar...

So that's his new name...

The confirmation seemed to break the wall of anger that had been slowly rising within the former leader, and he could feel himself physically deflate, sinking into his nest with his tail dangling limply over the edge.  His hazel eyes were the only part of him that remained emboldened, burning with a dull flame of contempt and sadness he didn't dare cast upon his dear friend...especially as he felt the tiny pricks of tears begin to appear in the corners of his vision.  Instead, he spoke without meeting Oakstar's gaze, his tone low and defeated.  "They didn't even give me the chance to fight for my name...they stole away my lives in the most horrible ways, and in the end, not even the stars could provide me comfort.  I spoke to my mentor Grasswhisker...she said that the stars couldn't stop the illness, that there was nothing they could do...I..."  For a long moment, he was silent, until finally, he met Oakstar's gaze.  "I threatened to refuse your ascension.  I...I was, I am still...so angry.  I gave up everything that I loved, everything that I cherished to be ThunderClan's leader...and yet the stars still did nothing."  The anger had returned to his eyes, yet it was butchered by tears, and Leopardclaw's voice began to shake with a mix of rage and pain.

"A-All that suffering...all those deaths on my paws...all the effort I tried to put into healing our rivalry with RiverClan...and this is the thanks I get?!  Six deaths at once, bedridden in the medicine den..."  He was fully aware that most of what he was saying was fragmented and disjointed, the ramblings of a cat with nothing to gain.  He didn't care.  Trying to force down the lump growing in his throat, he looked down at his unsheathed paws, shredding bits of moss in a feeble effort to calm himself.  "I'm sorry.  Like Grasswhisker told me, I should be grateful I'm alive at all but..."

"I guess...they changed their mind.  An unwanted rogue wasn't good enough to lead ThunderClan after all..."

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 16:15

She smiled as he purred, glad that he had started to look a little bit brighter. Flicking his ear with her tail, she spoke gently. "I'm ordering you, as your medicine cat apprentice, to eat until you're full. There's more prey on the pile, you haven't eaten in days. Eat and get your strength back up, or I'll make you stay in this den for another moon." Her eyes glimmered with amusement, but the undertone she had was completely serious. She would make sure that Leopardstar ate his fill. He flinched at her offer and she paused midstep, looking back at the tom. Before she could ask more about what was wrong, a shadow crossed over the entrance, and she looked up to see Oakstar. Nodding her head to him, she moved out of the way, giving the other tom space to enter the den and get settled down. She glanced at Leopardclaw, was that what she was supposed to call him now? and was surprised when she saw anger growing in their depths. Was he mad at her, or Oakstar?

The answer came in the next heartbeats, as Leopardclaw described what had gone on during his illness. Her heart broke as his tears welled in his eyes, mixed with the burning anger again. She wished that she and Pricklebush had been able to do something - anything - to help more. to prevent this. Apparently there was nothing even StarClan could do. Just as she turned to step out of the den and give the two cats peace, Leopardclaw said something that stopped her in her tracks. "I guess... they changed their mind. An unwanted rogue wasn't good enough to lead ThunderClan after all..." Spinning on her hind legs like she would in battle, she stepped forward and lowered herself to the ground in front of Leopardclaw, blue-green eyes peering into his sternly. Her voice was still gentle, but she spoke with conviction. "Leopardclaw, that is the single, most mouse-brained thing I have ever heard a cat say. And I've heard a lot of mouse-brained things. You are wanted, by your family, by your clan, by the two of us. Your no more a rogue than I am, unless you believe that I'm not fit to care for ThunderClan's wounds? I was abandoned by my mother and father, and then my adopted father again. Should I give up along with you? I don't plan on it, not in a lifetime of moons." She sat up, raising a sheathed paw and firmly placing it on the previous leaders head with a small -thmp- before her eyes softened. "I'm going to leave, and give you two time to talk. Eat your food, both of them. If I find a single morsel, I'll make you eat a frog instead. StarClan... I have no answers as to what their plans are, or their intentions. I don't know why they chose to do what they did. Maybe there will come a time where we need a warrior with leading experience to help guide the way. We'll have to wait and see. What I do know, is this. Everything happens for a reason. You're still here, because your still needed here. What you choose to do with the time you have is up to you, and only you. I'm glad your still here. We never got to take that walk." 

With that, the small calico apprentice removed her paw and stood, nodded to each tom, gestured with her tail to the mouse and the rest of the vole then to Leopardclaw, before turning and padding out of the medicine cat den to give them space to speak privately. She waiting outside of the ferns, watching the camp go about it's day, and turning away anyone searching for either tom.

Walk Tall (Closed) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 0:00

Oakstar sat in silence as Leopardclaw spoke. Each word slowly coating itself in self-loathing and despair that it made his chest ache with it. The only relief was when Mosspaw interjected, making it clear that Leopardclaw shouldn’t think that way, but Oakstar waited until she was gone to speak his own peace.

Silently, he padded to the golden tom and sat down beside him.
"Leopardclaw." He meowed calmly.  "The stars did not condemn you. StarClan may be a great power in the forest, but they can’t do everything. They give us our lives, but they cannot stop everything from stealing them away." He paused, looking at Leopardclaw’s face as much as the other tom would allow.

"Your injury, and it’s infection, were all just things that happened. No StarClan cat would want a leader to die that way, but it’s what happened. Because your body's physical and here. It hasn’t joined StarClan yet, and I am grateful for it. Old friend." He paused, then turned his head away in sorrow.

"Make no mistake. I wanted you as leader for moons to come. I’m not ready for your mantle, and never believed I would be worthy of following in your pawprints. The discussion leading to this was long and thorough. Your infection was also so terribly long. When Pricklebush finally convinced me that I would have to do it… I was terrified. I’m still terrified." He turned back to Leopardclaw.  "I knew it might hurt you. We are old friends, but I feared every minute that this might be the last time you’d ever want to speak to me. Or that we never would… that you’d lose your last life on the journey."

He lifted his head to the medicine den ceiling.
"I can’t describe the joy I felt, not seeing you at the ceremony. To know that you were still alive in camp. That there was still a chance. Your kin need you Leopardclaw… and I need you. I need your strength, your wisdom and courage. You are… everything I ever wanted in a father, or brother." He paused looking back down at the herbs across from where they lay.  "I hope you can forgive me. If not now, then someday."

RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:48

Leopardclaw had expected a long, agonizing silence after his last words had been spoken, but to his slight shock, the fluffy face of Mosspaw was suddenly nose-to-nose with him, the sternness within her young eyes promising that there would be no escape from what she had to say...and he already knew, deep down, what it would be.  The truth.  He knew she was right; he was being mouse-brained, and his family did want him to be by their side.  His emotions had been warring ever since he had awoken, the words Grasswhisker spoke still bouncing around in his head, trying to solidify as the common sense they were, but the sheer amount of pain still remained.  Sometimes he forgot that Mosspaw wasn't clanborn; she had fit into ThunderClan better than he ever could have expected, yet hearing about her own pain brought forth a sting of guilt in his chest.  They were more similar than she knew...and just like her, he needed to keep on going.  He had made it this far, he wasn't about to stop, despite what the dark parts of his mind said.  

Feeling the tears waiting in the corners of his eyes begin to evaporate, Leopardclaw broke off their stare and looked down, opening his mouth to respond.  "I...!"  Before he could though, he closed his eyes upon instinct as Mosspaw's forepaw came towards his face, tensing his body for the blow that never came.  Instead, he felt the weight come to rest on his head, and he opened one eye curiously to see her kind face, instantly relaxing at the sight of her soft gaze.  Heh...treating your former leader like a naughty kit...not something most cats have the courage to do.  Yet, he appreciated it in an odd way, and as the calico she-cat gave her last bout of encouragement as well as order him to eat all the prey before him before she came back, Leopardclaw felt a feeling of warmth spread through his chest, and before she went out of sight he rasped; "Thank you, Mosspaw..."

And now, he turned to Oakstar.  The brown tabby tom had settled down beside his nest, but even though he tried for a brave moment to hold his gaze, as his former deputy began to speak he found he couldn't do it, and settled on his paws instead.  He listened though...and he was glad he did.  I know StarClan didn't condemn me to death...I was wrong to assume they would save these lives when they couldn't save my other two.  I...I just didn't know what else to do.  I was confused...I still am, and I might be for a long time, but sometimes bad things happen.  They hurt, and they try to beat you down, but I've learned that you can't give in to the pain.  It's all part of life, like it or not, and I wouldn't be the cat I am today without it.  His own thoughts weaving with Oakstar's, Leopardclaw finally looked up and met his amber gaze, nodding softly.  As the words turned to more emotional matters though, he felt as if his heart was about to shatter.  Hearing of how much him being alive meant to his best friend...how scared he was to take up Leopardclaw's role...how worried he had been that their friendship would not be the same...or that he wouldn't live long enough to see his return...the golden spotted tom struggled to sit up in his nest, determined to look the large tabby tom in the eyes at an even level.  He remembered himself saying some of those exact words to Blizzardshine before going to the Moonstone...

"Marshstorm...there is nothing you need to seek forgiveness for.  I'm not mad at you at all, and I'm sorry if I made it seem that way...this is all just so much to take in so suddenly, my mind can barely hold it all together.  What I do know...is that I'm proud of you.  You were the best deputy any leader could've asked for...more so than I probably deserved, and I am forever grateful for your loyalty, both to me and to ThunderClan.  Fate works in such mysterious ways...just as you probably never expected to end up in ThunderClan, when I saved Wolffang's life all those moons ago I never expected to someday have her brother by my side.  It's been a blessing from the stars...and now..."  Tears welled in his eyes, but they didn't feel the same; instead, Leopardclaw smiled as he touched his nose to Oakstar's forehead, closing his eyes as he whispered.  "...it's your turn.  I know you'll be an incredible leader.  Take care of them...watch over them...and for as long as I am able, I will remain by your side.  Just as you were loyal to me, I will be loyal to you, and I hope any comfort or advice I can give will help you in the moons to come, brother.  

Thank you...for everything."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walk Tall (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walk Tall (Closed)   Walk Tall (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Walk Tall (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp :: ThunderClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: