Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

how do you know what to say

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

how do you know what to say Empty
PostSubject: how do you know what to say   how do you know what to say EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 9:27

In the days since ShadowClan was ousted from their own territory, Mothpaw's thoughts had been a bit harder to grasp than they usually were. She was always flighty, even at the best of times, but this was something different. The things that led up to their leaving weighed on her - being asked to choose between her sister and her father, her sister delivering harsh words that felt like they tore a hole in her heart. She hadn't been able to understand it, before now; she'd needed the time and distance that their time here in RiverClan was currently providing.

And she'd had just enough distance to form a plan. ShadowClan would go home eventually, that much was inevitable... And she would have to face Silentpaw, after everything she'd said. She'd always thought highly of her sister, but... She couldn't deny that Silentpaw's words had hurt her on a level she'd never really felt before. And some of it rang too close to her hollow heart. After all, her criticism may have felt cruel, but... Some of it rang true. Their misadventures were always her fault, she never knew what to do... She was clever enough to realize that she wasn't the clever one, at the very least.

But with time to think it over, Silentpaw wasn't the only one to have problems. She wasn't nothing, whatever her sister might believe. Lucky for Mothpaw, she happened to know a cat who was particularly good at telling others what she thought of them, even if the truth was harsh. If anyone could give her some advice, it would be...

"Thornbriar?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 909

PostSubject: Re: how do you know what to say   how do you know what to say EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 18:54

The sun warmed Thornbriar's pelt as she lay not far from where some of Riverclan's warriors and apprentices spent their time sharing tongues and sunning themselves. She didn't do this often. However, she'd found herself running low on energy and decided to take a moment to rest. So, when Mothpaw's hesitant voice arose beside her, she nearly jumped in response. Lifting her head, she blinked a couple times in confusion before her eye focused on her dark fur.

"What, Mothpaw."

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

how do you know what to say QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: how do you know what to say   how do you know what to say EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 21:12

Something about Thornrbiar asking a simple question sent Mothpaw back to the days when she'd been her apprentice, and she opened her mouth to say 'nothing', before recalling where she was. She wasn't in ShadowClan camp, trying not to get caught causing a bit of trouble. She was in RiverClan's camp, trying to find the words to convey an emotion she wasn't sure how to express. "You're, um... Really good at saying what you think. Without caring what anyone else thinks." She paused. "I... Silentpaw said some stuff that hurt to hear. A lot. And I... I want to tell her that. But I don't know how to say it without... Without feeling like I'm just a cornered mouse." Another pause. "I just... I just want to say what I think."

Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 909

PostSubject: Re: how do you know what to say   how do you know what to say EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 11:13

Studying her former apprentice for a long moment, Thornbriar considered her words.

"Sit." She grunted, indicating the spot beside her as she lay her head back down and closed her eye. It was tempting to simply fall asleep, but the kit needed to talk. Even if Thorn was no longer her mentor, she'd still be there to give the little furball advice when she felt lost.

That's what mentors did.

"What is it you're wanting to tell her?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

how do you know what to say QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: how do you know what to say   how do you know what to say EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 11:32

At that, Mothpaw faltered. But only for a moment, as the memories of what exactly Silentpaw had said to her came rushing back.

I'm sick of you always messing everything up.

I'm sick of everyone always liking you better because you're just so perfect.

You really just do your best to make me feel like I'm nothing, don't you!

You're nothing.

Her sister's words echoed in her mind as her heart shattered all over again. "I... I don't know," she admitted. "I'm not good at this. Or much of anything, really. She was right, at least a little bit... I always mess things up and then I don't know how to fix them, even though fixing things is what I'm supposed to do now!"

She lowered her head and took a deep breath. "All I ever wanted to do was help! But I just... Break things... Over and over again. I thought maybe picking a different path would help, but it's only gotten worse... And I just want to go home, but..."

For Mothpaw, home had always been wherever Silentpaw was. Now, though... She wasn't sure. But here with Thornbriar, she felt a little closer to it than she'd been before.

"Y'know... I always admired her. 'Cause when Silentpaw talked, it was important! Everyone listened! I didn't have that, so I talked more instead, because maybe then they'd pay attention! And maybe what I said would be important too! And Silentpaw was smart and knew how to fix things... Even my mistakes. Especially my mistakes, 'cause I just kept making them, all the time! And I tried to help, but it only ever made things worse... And I tried to protect her, because she seemed scared sometimes and I wasn't... And I guess I wasn't supposed to do any of that because now she hates me! And I can't hate her because she's my sister! But I'm upset and I don't know how I can say it without her just reminding me that I've always been completely useless, like I don't already know that she's so much better than I am!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you know what to say   how do you know what to say Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you know what to say
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: