Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Future of the Clan {Closed}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1446

Future of the Clan {Closed}  Empty
PostSubject: Future of the Clan {Closed}    Future of the Clan {Closed}  EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019, 10:12 am

As the sun dipped in the sky and the hottest temperatures of the day began to wane, a single tom stepped into the Medicine Den. With his sharp eyes, Scorchclaw swiftly made out Mistlepaw's silhouette hunched in a corner of the dimly-lighted den. She seemed to be occupied, for she did not notice his entrance immediately. He paused for a moment, seeming to consider something, before he made up his mind. He set down the small bundle he had been carrying and called out. "Mistlepaw." His voice was low yet clear, devoid of particular emotion as it usually was. When she turned, he dipped his head. "Good evening. I apologize for disturbing you." His feathery tail twitched in restless manner, and he used it to gesture to the small bundle. "I believe I have come across some goldenrod. Would you take a look?" He had stumbled upon the plants by chance, while out on patrol. At the sight of those bright yellow petals, clustered so closely together in a particular pattern, a memory stirred within him. He had almost forgotten it, but Jaystar had once pointed out certain herbs to the RiverClan warriors for a tracking competition. At the time, the only thing he had been able to find was goldenrod. He was almost certain he had found them again, but he was no expert. Thus, having gingerly snipped them off, he had carried a few stalks back to camp.

If he had been mistaken, there would be little harm done... If he had been right, however, these herbs could be used for the sake of his clanmates.
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Clan {Closed}    Future of the Clan {Closed}  EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019, 8:04 pm

"Mistlepaw."

The sudden voice startled Mistlepaw, causing her to jump and her fur to stand on end. She turned around, eyes narrowed, but she quickly recognized the form of her deputy. Had she been so engrossed in the herbs that she didn't even hear him come in? Usually, she smelled blood or heard frantic cries, and knew someone needed her pelt. After glancing quickly at his pelt, she concluded he had no external injuries.  She listened partially as he spoke, since her focus was on noticing any signs that something was wrong. He seemed okay though, much to her relief. The medicine den had enough occupants already, with Shadowclan taking refuge. A short sigh left her maw as she stood, tail flicking behind her. If he wasn't injured or ill, why had he come? Did he just want to visit her and make her feel less alone? She wasn't lonely...though the lack of interacting did leave her uneasy at times. As she approached the dark pelted tom, she noted the yellow flowers that laid at his paws. "That makes much more sense," the tuxedo thought, a small smile crossing her features. "Thank you for bringing this to me, Scorchclaw," she meowed gratefully, stooping down to pick up the herbs. "You're right, it is goldenrod. I wonder how I missed it...I'm glad you found it, though," A purr rumbled from the young she-cat's chest as she padded back to her storage and set the stalks down, careful not to mix them with herbs that had already been sorted. "Is this the only reason you came? You're not sick, are you?" She turned to face him, concern shining in her yellow-green eyes. With Jaystar seeming to get weaker by the day, the medicine cat apprentice feared the prophecy Starclan had told her would be coming true soon. If that was the case...then Scorchclaw would be the new leader. The last thing Riverclan needed was an enfeebling leader and a sick deputy. That would..that would be a disaster. Mistlepaw shuddered, eyes darkening with sorrow. She couldn't bear to think about it, at least not now..

Future of the Clan {Closed}  Tenor Future of the Clan {Closed}  Original Future of the Clan {Closed}  2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Clan {Closed}    Future of the Clan {Closed}  EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019, 10:09 am

At Mistlepaw's affirmation, Scorchclaw released a soft huff. He was mildly surprised that he had been right. His memory had always been on the better side of average; still, that tracking competition had taken place so long ago. That was how it felt to him, at least. So much had happened in the moons that had followed that peaceful time. Lives had been lost, while new lives had been added; half of the clans' population must have perished in the flood. With the destruction of the territories, it was almost as if everything had been given a forceful restart. Still, life went on as usual. Looking back on the past now, there were many events like the tracking competition that he had almost forgotten―little pockets of bliss in this harsh life that they led. A distant thought flashed through his mind; one day, RiverClan would have those competitions again. He would see to it. "There is no need to thank me." The large tabby rumbled. "I merely did my duty." His tufted ears twitched at Mistlepaw's next words. "No, I am well." It was only natural that she would be concerned about his health, he supposed. But he had been fortunate enough to enjoy good health. For the deputy of the clan to be ill would be problematic in more ways than one. His business over with, Scorchclaw should have taken his leave. Indeed, he had half-turned to go. His sharp gaze, however, noted the unease in the younger she-cat's visage. After a moment's wavering, he sat down instead. There were no immediate duties he had to attend to. In that case, he could afford to spend some time here. Keeping an eye on their clanmates' state could also be considered a responsibility of the leadership. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the occupied nests. For a single medicine cat apprentice to be in charge of the clan... it was a heavy burden. At least ShadowClan seemed to have a medicine cat apprentice of their own, despite not having any real herbs. "And you?" He inquired, with a curious tilt of his head. "How are you holding up?" Not even a moon had passed since Fallowlight's death.
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Clan {Closed}    Future of the Clan {Closed}  EmptySat 24 Aug 2019, 10:01 pm

ooc; sorry for the late post <3

ic;
"Oh? I am.." Mistlepaw hesitated, unsure of what to say next. To be quite honest, no one had stuck around for so long to ask her how she was feeling. For that reason, she hadn't bothered to think of an actual answer. It made sense, as to why no one bothered to worry about her. A medicine cat's duty was to care for their clan, not vice versa. If she was too busy caring for others, who would care for herself? "I'm...okay, I guess. I still miss her, if that's what you're wondering. The gravity of how much I have on my paws suddenly hit. I feel as if..as if I'm not ready to be a medicine cat. I just started my training and now..now she's gone. What am I gonna do without her?.." she murmured the last bit to herself, a wave of sadness ebbing from her voice. The lack of Fallowlight's presence was still felt in the medicine den, by all who entered there. Though she hadn't known her for long, the gray and white tuxedo was sure she would've made an amazing mentor and potential friend. If only she had known more..then, perhaps, she could've saved her life. "Yearning for the dead doesn't bring them back, Mistlepaw. Focus on the present. Focus on Scorchclaw." She forced herself back into reality, far away from her mentor's quickly cooling corpse. Her pelt warmed the moment she realized how long she had been standing there, drifting off into the past. "S-Sorry-" she stammered, lowering her head and staring at her paws, "I-I can't help but..think of her sometimes. How I could've done more...if I couldve done more..would she still be here?" she cleared her throat, shuffling nervously on her paws. "Enough about me, anyways. What about you, Scorchclaw? How is deputyship treating you?" she paused, pondering her next words carefully, "does..does it get easier, with time? The big paws you have to fill? The expectations everyone has for you? Does it..does it get any better?"

Future of the Clan {Closed}  Tenor Future of the Clan {Closed}  Original Future of the Clan {Closed}  2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Clan {Closed}    Future of the Clan {Closed}  EmptyTue 03 Sep 2019, 9:59 am

Scorchclaw watched Mistlepaw closely as she spoke, his green gaze never really leaving her face. He was silent for the most part; even when it became apparent that the medicine cat's attention had drifted, he simply waited for her to return. And at last, she directed the conversation back to him. He paused for a moment before responding, not because he was uncertain of the answer, but because he was being cautious of his words. "I cannot say that it has gotten any easier, Mistlepaw." It was surprising how much her words resounded with him. He understood the pain of having lost someone and blaming yourself for it. The responsibilities they both had to their clan bound them with similar chains, such that there was a certain sympathy between the two of them. "The only thing we can do is learn to bear it. We have a duty to our clan, and we must never let anything distract us from that duty, not even the expectations that can seem so overwhelming." As solemnly as he spoke, Scorchclaw's words were as much for himself as they were for Mistlepaw. He saw, in front of him, a young cat floundering about just as he had. And all of a sudden, he found himself saying, "You have the capacity to become a fine medicine cat, Mistlepaw." A sudden desire to encourage her had sprung up within him, spurring him to speak on. "If you cannot bring yourself to believe me, then look to StarClan. Even those old fools can tell what potential is. Just do your best, and give RiverClan your whole heart. The mistakes we've made cannot be erased, but if we strive on, one day they will become the strength that fuels us."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Clan {Closed}    Future of the Clan {Closed}  Empty

Back to top Go down

Future of the Clan {Closed}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp :: RiverClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: