Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) Empty
PostSubject: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 9:58

The paws underneath the small calico shook with the weight of the message that she had to deliver, and it's implications. She had settled all the cats in camp down the best she could, coaxing Pricklebush back into his den and trying to get him to lay down, placing poppy seeds in front of him that had gone unnoticed. The distant, hurt look in his eyes made it all to clear the turmoil in his head as she spoke to him, gently encouraging him to eat the poppy seeds. Dustcloud she had ushered into the nursery, along with Houndkit. Marshstorm was in the medicine den, waiting for the chance to speak to Leopardstar and explain what had happened. After quickly grooming her chest and paws clear of the blood from the fox and the kits, she nodded to him and mewed quietly. "I'm off, then. I'll bring Emberheart with me, just in case. We'll be back soon...." She rested her tail on his shoulder for a moment before padding out to meet the she-cat who had mentored her as a warrior apprentice before StarClan made it's will known. "Are you ready? Let's get going... We shouldn't be gone for too long, I'm worried about... Well, everyone honestly."

They made their way through the forest, the storm crashing overhead. The canopy far above them shielded most of the rain, but it wasn't long before both she-cats were soaked, padding through the forest in silence. Mosspaw was jumpy, turning at every crack of sticks underpaw or in the distance, almost expecting to see the blood-stained muzzle of the fox appear in the surrounding foliage. The mood was dismal, between the storm and the events that had transpired, and she sniffled as she stepped closer to let her fur brush against Emberheart's. Questions that would remain unasked filled her head as they approached the river, swollen in the rain with it's current raging. She shuddered as she looked at it before picking her way down to it's edge and looked to Emberheart, breaking the silence for the first time. "The Stepping Stones are nearly covered... But if we're quick we should be okay. Please be careful...." With that, she leaped to the first stone, wincing as the water pulled at her feet. Steadying herself for a moment, she made her way to the next, repeating until she jumped safely to the other side of the river, paws firm on RiverClan soil. She shook her pelt out nervously, tail twitching from the adrenaline of crossing the river in it's current state.

One Emberheart was safely across, she lead the way towards where Pricklebush had described the RiverClan camp, following the scent trails she could detect to help her along the way. Oh StarClan, please, let Jaystar speak with them... She hadn't heard or seen anything regarding ShadowClan, but she hoped that maybe, somehow, she might discover where they had been in the journey through the clans, although she wished is was for a better reason than this. Finally, they reached a river that surrounded an island,which even through the rain revealed the scents of a large group of cats. This had to be the RiverClan camp. She raised her voice over the storm, calling out. "Greetings, I apologize for the sudden visit with no notice... I'm Mosspaw, the medicine cat apprentice of ThunderClan, and I have Emberheart with me. I request to speak with Jaystar, if at all possible. Please, I won't be long, but there's news he needs to hear." Her paws shuffled nervously in the mud, suddenly feeling very self-conscious. She was absolutely sure that she still smelled of fox and death, even under the scent of rain and her grooming.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 10:10

The silence that passed between them as they traveled wasn't exactly pleasant; given the nature of their mission - Ridgelight's clear betrayal of decency... Emberheart was sure she'd never forget this day, for better or for worse.

She didn't know what she'd expected from RiverClan's territory. Certainly not more water; the rain had that part covered. She'd never really thought about it; thoughts and memories of RiverClan centered around the river itself - and, of course, Sunningrocks. At last, though, they'd reached RiverClan's camp, and Mosspaw called out their intent...

Oh, StarClan. They still smelled of fox and death, claiming to have urgent news for RiverClan's leader... What did this look like to the RiverClan cats?

Regardless of her own thoughts and concerns about being here, though, she stuck close to Mosspaw. Her role today was that of a guard, and guard she would; if there was a single skill she'd mastered beyond climbing trees in her time as a Clan cat it was the art of trying to look intimidating. So she fluffed up her fur and kept a serious expression on her face.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 12:37

Berrycloud's head left the warriors den when the loud voice of a strange cat reached the camp's ears. The large, golden warrior quickly reached the side of the two strangers, noticing a small hint of... Thunderclan? He wasn't quite sure and he didn't really know them. The tom inclined his head a bit and looked at the she-cats, confused by her words. Did they want to speak to Jaystar? Did this had something to do with Hailpaw? The tom stood tall in front of them but there was no real intention of harming in his eyes. He was just being cautious. "You must know Mistlepaw then." He thought out loud when the calico she-cat revealed herself as the medicine cat apprentice. "Sorry, I'm sure Jaystar will come soon but for now, you should stay here until he arrives. I can guard you both until he comes." He mewed in a rather neutral tone. Despite his mixed, rogue origins, he wasn't quite fond to welcome cats from other clans different from Riverclan, his home. He had heard the stories of the murders, the war between Ivystar and Blizzardstar so he wasn't so sure of what to think about these cats.

The storm was strong but as old and experienced as he was, he could scent a strange smell entering his clan. The leader, who was organizing cats to fix the leaking dens and to keep the kits inside the nursery, turned his face towards the two she-cats that arrived at his camp. He was pretty sure they were Thunderclan warriors... but one of them wasn't exactly a warrior. Cats gathered around the two, soaked cats and he made a movement of his tail to dismiss the cats he was talking to. Slowly, the weary yet tall leader made his way to Emberheart and Mosspaw and greeted the small calico one with a calm nod. They clearly had no intentions of attacking them and it would be foolish to send Thunderclan's medicine cat apprentice as a distraction for a possible attack. "Thank you for your offering, Berrycloud, but I think we can handle this together. Now, regarding you two... what kind of new do you bring here in such stormy weather? Is this related to Hailpaw? I can assure she's safe and sound." He mewed analyzing Mosspaw and Emberheart's appearance. They seemed kind of... worried.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) Signat14
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 895

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:16

Thornbriar had busied herself with the bustle of camp duties most of the day. Hunting for not one, but two clans, working alongside the Riverclanners with a kind of patience that she was pretty sure earned her some sort of award. It wasn't that she had an issue with their allies. She just had an issue with other cats. Nonetheless, she kept busy. Wildstrike had been vanishing constantly to either hunt or gather herbs, she wasn't sure honestly, and Scorchstar was under strict-ish orders from Mothpaw to rest and recover.

With that in mind it made sense that what little remained of their clan was looking to her and Daisyflame for stability and guidance at the moment. As such, Thornbriar was throwing herself into that to the best of her ability. If she were being honest, the memory of Asterspark knocking his father from Jaggedrock still wasn't far from her mind. The heavily scarred she-cat was currently eyeing the fresh-kill pile. It was just too small. They had two clans to feed, kits and all.

However, her internal rant about the lack of fresh-kill was snuffed out before it even had a chance to begin. In an instant, two foreign cats had burst into camp and promptly requested an audience with Jaystar. Curiosity flickering in the back of her mind, Thornbriar sighed at the fresh-kill pile one last time before approaching the commotion. As she drew near it took her only a moment to identify the two she-cats as Thunderclanners.

Well then...

This was unexpected to say the least.

As soon as Jaystar approached, waving away the surrounding cats with a flick of his feathery tail, Thornbriar narrowed her gaze. Unlike the other cats, she didn't budge. Instead she simply nodded to the newcomers.

Something in her gut told her Shadowclan deserved a seat in this impromptu meeting.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyFri 19 Jul 2019 - 6:27

A large warrior approached, and Mosspaw nodded to him. Agreeing with his statement, she stayed where she was, but didn't sit down, choosing instead to remain standing against the rain and wind the storm brought with it. At the mention of Mistlepaw, she smiled slightly and nodded. Before she could respond, Jaystar padded forward, questioning their presence, followed by a she-cat that Mosspaw vaguely remembered from the trip back from the lake. The she-cat carried the scent of ShadowClan, and Mosspaw dipped her head to the tom and molly in turn and cast a quick glance around to try to spot the white-pelted apprentice at the mention of her name, maybe news of her well-being would help to lift Pricklebush's spirits. At least she knew that she was alright, even as she realized with a sickening feeling that Hailpaw was also related to Ridgelight.

"No, Jaystar, this is not regarding Hailpaw, although this news is one she should be able to hear from someone other than me or you. I'm sure that Pricklebush will return to continue to help guide Mistlepaw's paws, if you would permit him to speak with her at that time I'm sure they would appreciate it. I come on behalf of ThunderClan, Leopardstar and Marshstorm to bring the news that..." She hesitated, realizing suddenly that she hadn't thought of what she was going to say, what she was even supposed to say. Looking back to Emberheart for a moment as if begging for an answer, she swallowed hard and turned back to Jaystar and Thornbriar solemnly, choosing her words carefully. "The warrior Ridgelight is no longer considered a ThunderClan warrior, and has been exiled from our territory. She committed an unforgivable crime, and has been stripped of her duties to the clan." She blinked, the wreckage of the bush and the litter shining against the black of her eyelids in the moment they closed, and felt her breath catch. Her voice shook slightly as she continued, tail drooped and pelt soaked through.

"A-Additionally, there was a fox spotted on ThunderClan territory. A patrol attempted to drive it out, but it may still be in the area." Those poor kits... Those poor, lonely, desperate kits. "That is all of the news I have to share. Marshstorm requested that the other clans be informed." She looked quickly to the she-cat, who she thought she remembered seeing with a kit when the groups met. "I'm glad to hear that Hailpaw is well, and to see that ShadowClan is safe. I will try to bring some of our excess herbs to aid Mistlepaw's stocks as soon as I can. Thank you." She lowered her head to both cats again, and hesitated for a moment before she prepared to leave, in case they had any questions for her.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1445

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 8:15

It was a soaking, wretched morning(?). Roaring thunder reverberated in the darkened sky, while strong rain pounded the reed-woven roofs of RiverClan's dens. Every now and then, a flash of lightning would illuminate the thick covering of rain clouds above. As Scorchclaw exited the Apprentice Den, his tufted ears were flattened in displeasure. On days like this one, when cats were shut up in camp, it was not uncommon for a few bored apprentices to stir up trouble. He had just had to deal with a rowdy quarrel between two such 'paws, and his temper was still flaring. The pouring rain did little to quench it. Rather, the bad weather was the main reason for his irritation. Any cat wandering about in this weather was swiftly drenched to the bone. The only consolation for him was that RiverClan cats were more or less used to water. Still, there was a difference between river water and rain water... As if things were not bad enough already, the sandy portions of the ground had been churned into something more akin to mud; it squelched beneath his paws and lodged between his toes. He grimaced, yet he knew there was nothing he could do about it. At the entrance to RiverClan camp, a group of cats had already gathered to inspect the ThunderClan ambassadors. He made his way over swiftly. To say that he was pleased to see them was definitely an overstatement. No such patrol arriving at their camp could possibly bring good news, even if there was a medicine cat present. And indeed, he was right.

Scorchclaw stood stiffly and silently by Jaystar's side, unwilling to speak before his leader did. On the inside, however, his thoughts were whirring. He knew who Ridgelight was―Hailpaw's sister. Moons ago, when they had just been kits, the two littermates had been caught trespassing on Sunningrocks. From the start, he had not possessed a good opinion of them. Then in the report he had received from Lightstep, he had learned that Ridgepaw had been present at Icepaw's maiming. She had escaped punishment at the time, since Hailpaw had apparently been the one to deal the damage. Now, however, these ThunderClan cats were saying that Ridgelight was a criminal deserving of exile. His maw drew into a cold, grim line. Why was he not surprised? The two were related, after all. The blood they shared was the same. He knew not what this "unforgivable crime" was, but he did not need to know. Hailpaw's actions were proof enough of her sister's. It was foolishness to exile her. The thought ran coldly through his head. An unforgivable criminal should have been executed on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 9:47

The tom was a bit confused by the news and to be honest, he didn't quite approve how the issue was handled. He looked at the medicine cat apprentice, waited for some intervention from the other members of this reunion and when nothing happened, the leader took one step and blinked once before speaking. "I thank you for the news, Mosspaw, and for the warning as well. But...and forgive if I disrespect you or your clan, is this really the best solution for Ridgelight's case? I remember her too, as Ridgepaw. She was part of the act committed against Icepaw but got away with her trespassing because it was her sister instead who caused most of the damage. However, it seems that this time, the act she had committed seems... more horrible and I don't understand how could you let her live considering our own past as Riverclan. I admit I've committed the same mistake of exiling when someone had to be executed. Shade is a shadow that will follow me wherever I go in my mind. The last thing the clans need is another one like him." He mewed remembering his own mistake. After Shade and Lichenmask, Jaystar was done with exiling cats because it brought nothing more than tragedy and misery. The murders, the death. All of that because he took some pity of the lives of murderers. "I don't know what kind of unforgivable crime she might have committed but if it is as bad as you make it sound... then maybe exile was not the best option. I recommend you to warn your leader about it and to learn from other clan's mistakes."

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyFri 26 Jul 2019 - 7:01

Mosspaw nodded her head deeply in response to the leader's words of thanks, but paused when he continued. She took a moment to stare at the ground before raising her head back and meeting the RiverClan leader's eyes with her own green ones, half shut to help prevent the rain from dripping into them. "I can not speak as to whether I think it was the best decision or not. I was born after that situation had occurred, but from what I understand the punishment that Ridgelight faced as an apprentice was carried out, and Hailpaw is currently facing her punishment here. While it may end up not being the best choice, it is the choice that was made nonetheless, and I am merely here to inform you of that choice. I support the choice that my leaders have made." She paused, taking a breath before continuing. "I will keep your words in mind though, and pass them on for consideration in the future. Thank you, Jaystar." She bowed her head to the leader once more before turning to cast a look behind her towards Emberheart. "We won't keep you any longer, there is still a long journey ahead of us as we travel to let WindClan and SkyClan know. I appreciate your time and advice, Jaystar, and may StarClan light your path." She stood and nodded to the cats that had gathered before turning and stepping back to Emberheart, brushing against her side shakily. With that, the pair made their way towards WindClan territory, careful not to disturb the RiverClan land any more than they already had.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyFri 26 Jul 2019 - 12:15

The tall leader nodded to the she-cat and said goodbye to her and her escort, wishing them a safe travel home. Jaystar then faced his confused clan and for a few moments, he tried to gather his thoughts on the matter. Without saying a word, the tom stood up on one of the rocks, ready for his announcement. The clan needed to know what had happened and why these Thunderclan cats had arrived. "Cats of Riverclan! Please gather around to hear the recent news!" He yowled, lifting his tail up as usual. "These cats that have arrived at Riverclan were the Thunderclan medicine cat apprentice and her escort. They came here with news to our clan and I'll be taking actions on the matter. Thunderclan's leader has exiled one of his warriors! Ridgelight, sister of Hailpaw, the cat who was also part of Icepaw's maiming. The reasons behind it were left unknown but, quoting Mosspaw's words, she had committed an "unforgivable crime". If this crime is finally enough for Leopardstar to exile one of his cats, then I must only assume the worst. I am not going to let another "Shade" roam on our lands!" The silver, scarred tom unsheathed his claws and faced his clan with strict eyes and determination in his voice. The pain and guilt that he carried on his back for all the deaths Shade had caused finally left a lesson on his mind: a killer would never have the right to live nor under his reign.

"From this day on, if one of you spot this warrior in our territory, you will bring her to me or kill her in the place. Whatever you prefer. A murderer would not be tolerated any longer. No Riverclan lives will be reclaimed by this criminal!"

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1445

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 8:17

The muted drumbeat of raindrops striking the reed-covered roof above filled Hailpaw's small dwelling. The young she-cat was huddled in the innermost corner, the shadows partially obscuring her large frame. Quite a few days had passed since her arrival in RiverClan camp, and neither Jaystar nor Scorchclaw had made any public announcement regarding her stay thus far. Here, within these close-pressing reed walls, time was in greater abundance than ever before. The seconds dragged on at a tortuously slow snail's pace. There was little to do but count the feathers woven into the den's inner frame, for the only time she was allowed to escape the den was on a trip to the dirtplace. To the apprentice who had always been very active, being forced to stay in these cramped quarters was a torture in its own right. If this was StarClan's punishment for all she had done, they had certainly chosen well... It was during such times, when she had nothing to distract herself with, that her thoughts grew haunted. She saw, in her mind's eye, Beepaw standing before her again. The tom had not grown at all since his death. By his side, she saw Blizzardshine. Whenever the two of them appeared before her, they would always be wearing the same expressions. One would be a picture of mocking, while the other would be a picture of disappointment. Even when she put a paw over her eyes, she still fancied that they were present. It was agonizing, almost like stabbing a claw into an already open wound over and over again; but as agonizing as it was, their presence also made her feel a little less lonely. She had always hated being left to her own thoughts, and now she was having all the time for it.

At length, the muffled sound of conversation caught Hailpaw's ears. There seemed to be a disturbance of sorts going on beyond the walls of her den. While she did not get up, she pricked up her ears in an effort to take in more information. The storm was far too loud, however, and little more than blurred, distorted voices reached her. It was unlikely that anything particularly remarkable had happened. Still, she would accept even the smallest bit of drama if it staved off the boredom that seemed to be eating her from the inside out. When some time had passed, and the disturbance did not die down, Hailpaw stirred a little more. The apprentice sluggishly hauled herself to her paws. After a moment's consideration, she stepped towards the entrance of the den. Beyond the bulky form of her guard, she could just glimpse the exit of RiverClan camp. She peered warily through the pounding rain, trying to make out the source of the disturbance. It took a moment for the scene to grow clear―then she saw them.

Mosspaw, the ThunderClan medicine cat, was engaged in conversation with Jaystar. Scorchclaw was standing with the RiverClan leader, and a warrior Hailpaw recognized as Emberheart was accompanying Mosspaw. Why were they here? The young she-cat's thoughts began to race. More importantly, what were they talking about? For a moment, she considered the possibility of their discussing her situation. But... it seemed somewhat unlikely. Had not Marshstorm and Jaystar already made an agreement regarding her at the last Gathering? An ominous dread wormed its way into her heart. If they were not talking about her, what could they be talking about? What kind of news had brought her clanmates to RiverClan camp? Had something happened back at home...? No―she was rushing to conclusions. For all she knew, the two had merely come to check on her well-being. Yet, despite her attempt to convince herself, the dread did not go away. She strained her ears as hard as she could, but the effort was futile against the raging storm.

The conversation seemed all too brief. Before long, Mosspaw and Emberheart turned and made their way away from RiverClan camp. As Hailpaw watched, the silhouettes of her clanmates disappeared behind the thick barrier of reeds. The temptation to call out to them had flared within her, but it had sizzled out almost as soon as it had sparked to life. She had not forgotten her position, whether in this foreign clan or in her own. It was unlikely that those two would desire to speak with her. While the conversation was over, the young she-cat continued to stand by the entrance by the den. Her yellow eyes glowed curiously in the shadows of the dimly-lit den. It seemed, whatever news her clanmates had brought, she was not the only one who wanted to know what was going on. The RiverClan and ShadowClan cats were engaged in whispered discussions of their own, making wild gestures with their tails. At last, the powerful voice of Jaystar broke through the pounding of rain. The great tom must have climbed atop the Willow Branch. She could not see him, but she could definitely hear him now. And thus, the fateful news reached her. Whether the knowledge was a blessing or a curse, who would judge?

"Thunderclan's leader has exiled one of his warriors! Ridgelight, sister of Hailpaw, the cat who was also part of Icepaw's maiming."

Those words seemed to freeze Hailpaw's very blood. At that moment, another fragment of her happy kithood must have fallen away. Jaystar continued to speak, but she barely heard anything beyond those words. Even the incessant drumming of raindrops that had seemed so overwhelmingly loud a moment ago seemed to melt away as white noise. Hailpaw took an unsteady step backwards. What? What had Jaystar just said? Ridgelight had been exiled? All of a sudden, it felt hard to breathe, as if some great weight had knocked all the breath out of her. That's impossible―impossible! I must have heard him wrong. Not Ridgelight. Just not her. She wouldn't―! Leopardstar couldn't possibly exile her! Rising panic clawed sharply at her chest. What was she doing here, trapped within these cramped walls? Why was she simply standing here without doing anything? Something must have broken free within her. Dashing for the den's little entrance, she shouldered her way roughly past the guard. "Is that true?!" She demanded breathlessly, "Jaystar! Is that really the truth?!" The yellow gaze that peered up at the Willow Branch was wild, impassioned. To leave her den without permission was akin to offering up her life, but her life was the last thing she was concerned about right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)   Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wretched News (RiverClan/ShadowClan)
Page 1 of 1