Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 7:19

Another day and another journey to the Moonstone. Amberdawn awoke bright and early to the sun glimmering in her face through a hole in the woven branches that made up part of the den's roof. She winced, squinting her dark amber eyes closed to roll to her paws and shake the sleep, and some bits of nest, from her pelt. She'd had the foresight to prepare the bundles of traveling herbs the night before when she'd fallen asleep, though as she stooped before them to collect them she wondered why she had tried to save herself the time anyways. They always arrived at Highstones with time to spare, and StarClan was always waiting for her and the apprentice accompanying her. Today, her company was Burningpaw, another cat who had joined the Clan on the mountains. It had been a bit difficult to ascertain the story, but apparently the she-cat's parents were killed when Burningpaw was born. Amberdawn's aunt Daylily had apparently adopted the kit - did she know? Amberdawn didn't want to find out!

The golden tabby left the medicine cat's den with the bundles of herbs in her mouth, feeling optimistic and ready for the journey. She peered into the apprentice's den and trilled between her teeth, "Vurningpfaw? Are you afwake?" She sure sounded ridiculous, didn't she? She backed out of the den and sat the herbs on the ground, waiting expectantly for the ginger she-cat to appear.

Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1847

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 12 Jul 2019 - 11:23

Burningpaw awoke with a start. She had reached almost a warrior age now, and turned into a beautiful she-cat and unmistakeably SkyClan. Her back legs were strong with jumping power, and her frame was lean with mussel from training and the gifts of Greenleaf. With ease she rolled out of the nest and headed out of the den. Today was her Moonstone visit and she was filled with tense anxiety and wonder. Her paws itched to begin the journey through the territories. "Do I eat these?" she asked, motioning to the pile of herbs with her nose. She was pretty sure that she would, based off the stories other apprentices has shared, but the she-cat didn't want to risk eating the wrong herb. Amberdawn knew what she was doing.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 12 Jul 2019 - 11:48

Amberdawn waited outside for only a few moments; she didn't even have the need to sit before the apprentice appeared, looking quite alert and eager to go already. She smiled at Burningpaw and nodded at her question. "Yes, please; every leaf. They'll help give you strength and curb your appetite until after your meeting with StarClan." Gently the she-cat pushed one of the bundles over to her companion. "It's not the best taste but I think there's a lot worse. Then we'll head out."

The medicine cat crouched over her herbs and swallowed them expertly after one or two tentative chews thrown in. She looked up to see if Burningpaw had done the same, and then she nodded her slender golden head and mewed, "Alright. Let's head out, then, shall we?"

ooc; if you want a time skip, let me know and I'll edit my post~

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 13 Jul 2019 - 10:30

Burningpaw dipped her head down and dutifully ate the herbs as instructed. Following Amberdawn into the forest, Burningpaw decided to travel by treetop. This was her special day, after all.

Once they arrived at Highstones, Burningpaw gasped in wonder. [i]Mountains... Sort of.9966]"Amberdawn, it's just like home..." she whispered softly. With a gasp, she caught herself and straightened up as if she said nothing. "I mean, it's like the mountains." Anxiety flared in her chest and made her stomach churn. Did Amberdawn catch that?

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 13 Jul 2019 - 15:01

As the pair finished their herbs, Amberdawn was pleased at how easily the apprentice managed to get them down. Burningpaw had probably set a record for least care given while eating them. The two departed camp, and then the young she-cat's quirky charm began to show: Burningpaw traveled through SkyClan's territory by treetop. Amberdawn chuckled, though every time the apprentice made a leap her heart soared with anxiety. This is our blood, she reassured herself, Burningpaw is doing exactly what she was born to do. Still, it made Amberdawn feel better when the trees became sparse and finally disappeared, forcing the warrior apprentice to stay on the ground.

They arrived at Highstones without much circumstance, and the medicine cat could tell by her traveling companion's reaction that she was awed by their size, much like she had been the first time she saw them. "Welcome to Highstones, Burningpaw; we made it," Amberdawn purred without looking at the she-cat to allow her to marvel. Her golden ears flicked to hear Burningpaw's response, and she was surprised to hear Burningpaw refer to the mountains as home. A flicker of suspicion tickled Amberdawn's belly; did the she-cat know where she came from?

Amberdawn decided not to risk it and replied casually instead, "It's understandable that you might call the mountains home; you spent your early moons and a very formative time in your life up there with SkyClan and the others among the Tribe." She smiled and gazed over Highstones again as they stopped before the Mothermouth. "If the mountains are anything like this then someday I'd love to journey to see them." She flicked her tail and finally looked at Burningpaw. "We'll be going down instead of up, though. When we get in you'll touch your nose to the Moonstone and then StarClan will come visit you. I'll be here when you wake up."

The medicine cat then lead the way down the dark corridor until at last the pale glimmer of the Moonstone became visible at the end of the tunnel. They walked out into the light which washed away their colors except for the glimmer in their eyes. Amberdawn looked to Burningpaw and nodded her chin gently at the massive glowing stone, indicating that it was time.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 20:18

Burningpaw sighed a sigh of relief as Amberdawn dismissed her spoken mishap. Thank StarClan that Amberdawn understood. But as the medicine cat continued to explain, she couldn’t help but feel a tinge of sadness. Going down instead of up isn’t really what she wanted to do. But of course, she would. Tonight was a very important night for her. She would be a warrior soon, and she and Sandpaw could become mates and live very happy lives together.

The anxious apprentice followed the medicine cat through the tunnels, her pupils widening as the darkness consumed her. She treaded lightly, feeling the ground for stones like she was taught in the mountains before she stepped. This was deeper into a cave than she had been before, but she still felt pretty comfortable in the tiny space. Finally, the cave widened and Burningpaw gasped in awe. The Moonstone was beautiful. With a glance to Amberdawn for approval, the she-cat slipped next to the stone and touched her nose to it.

When Burningpaw opened her eyes, she found herself in a starry forest, much like the one of SkyClan but more glimmer and dream-like. Before her sat a spotted black and white she-cat with a build very similar to hers. Her eyes were a leaf green, filled with passion and determination and the strength of a true warrior. Next to her sat a tom, black and white and as regal as an eagle. Peering from behind the she-cat was a dilute tortishell, her whiskers twitching in amusement.

“My name is Echoflame.” The spotted she-cat said, stepping forward and brushing her nose against Burningpaw’s. “I died many moons ago with my daughter, Starlingpaw. The branch cracked under my paw, crushing me and my daughter below…” She gazed back at the other she-cat behind her, but quickly turned back to Burningpaw. “And while my death is a warning for you to be careful, it is not my lesson here!” she laughed, and then continued on with a flick of her unique tail.

“When I died, I watched my former mate Sedgestrike fall into madness. He resides in The Mist now, where I visit him. He was sent there for attempting to murder Tinystar, but the thing is Burningpaw, I still love him. I dedicated my life to a tom that was no good, though our love seemed to have no boundaries in life there is one impenetrable by death. Be careful about who you love, think carefully. They should shine like a bright light in the darkness, and be your never dying hope. You should never question their love for you, nor their love for their clan. You’re a burning sun, Burningpaw, and you have so much to give to this clan.” Echoflamed turned to walk back to the other cats but paused, peering over her shoulder. "I see myself in you, little one."

Burningpaw sat back in complete awe, at a loss of words. This was so much to soak in…

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 9:30

ooc; sorry for the shortish post i am nyooming

It was Echoflame's interest in this young apprentice that had pulled Rippedstar from the depths of Starclan. Having watched the struggles of Skyclan before, he had hardly desired to continue being involved. It was up to the young cats of Skyclan to make and keep their clan one of an honorable nature. The former leader hardly listened when his daughter spoke to the young she-cat, his mind churning with the thoughts of many moons. So many things to say, and so little time. The one thing he desired for his former, earthly clan, he had the opportunity to speak into once more. As soon as Echoflame's voice began to face, the black and white warrior padded forward to speak with Burningpaw. His blue gaze ran over her frame for a moment. They shared several things, but were just as unlike. Two cats, both searching for their place in the world. Rippedstar had found his, would this young apprentice also find a home in Skyclan?

"Burningpaw." He dipped his head in greeting, "I am Rippedstar, a former leader of Skyclan, born of Windclan. Seeing your words, and knowing your situation, it seems you have many choices to make young one. The only advice I have for you is to find a cause worth dedicating yourself to, and sink your claws into it. Your heart cannot long for other worlds, or you will always live divided. If Skyclan is truly to be your home, do not allow yourself to be distracted by anything, ally yourself with the clan, and live for them." As he breathed the word 'them', the tom found it catching slightly in his throat. The clan had been his life. Even if their blood had not run through his veins, the leader had dedicated his heart and claws to the survival of Skyclan in his life. He had shaken his Windclan roots and eventually lead the clan, no matter how short the time. He hoped that Burningpaw would find the path ahead of her and make the right decision. This time Rippedstar nodded in farewell, allowing the she-cat to return to her own realm. Perhaps, he would watch this one.

Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey   Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Burningpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: