Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Graypaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Graypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 18:32

Mosspaw woke up early that morning, the air quiet and still. It had stormed the night before, the wind rattling the branches overhead, and the thunder cracking after blinding flashes of light. She had listened to it rage above the treetops, but felt sheltered and safe under the foliage far above her head. While it hadn't rained too hard, she was still relieved to find that the ground had soaked up what had fallen quickly, it would make the coming journey that much easier.

Bustling about the den, she gathered the necessary herbs together, checking them twice before separating them into two bundles. Today Graypaw would get to speak to her ancestors, and receive their wisdom and guidance. The young she-cat had grown up so much since the time she came to the medicine den as a kit with a thorn in her pad. Mosspaw smiled to herself as she left the den, nodding to the warrior who stood guard in the center of camp before padding quietly into the apprentice den.

"Good morning, Graypaw. It's time to wake up, we have a long journey before us." She gently nudged the apprentice with her nose before backing out of the den, taking up a position a short way away with the two herb bundles before her. Once Graypaw had emerged, Mosspaw waved her over with her tail, and gestured to one of the herb bundles. "Here, these are for you. They'll give you strength and curb your hunger - but be warned that they don't taste that great. I'm sorry I can't make them taste any better." Her nose wrinkled in sympathy before she bent her head down and lapped up her own herbs, hardly noticing the bitter taste anymore. It was still there, but she was pleasantly surprised that the harsh taste was not as unbearable as it once had been.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Graypaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy
Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Characters : Grayleaf(G), Mistystripe(M),Cedarkit (C)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 20:41

Graypaw woke up to a cat nudging her. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she looked up to see the medicine cat apprentice. She stood up, stretching her limbs out, before following Mosspaw out of the apprentice den. She was awfully quiet for the most part, a little nervous about what was to come. Ok, maybe a lot a bit nervous. But could you really blame her? She was about to take on a whole journey across the territories! And speak to a StarClan cat! What if StarClan didn't like her? What if they saw her as weak, or pathetic? Would she be exiled if things didn't go well? Shakily, she lapped up the herbs, questioning if she wanted to go through with this. She was a nervous wreck! "Yuck!" She said as she swallowed the herbs. Well, she couldn't say she wasn't warned.

ThunderClan           WindClan                        RiverClan 

Tier 2 Warrior   Medicine Cat Apprentice         Unborn Kit

Signature Art by the wonderful Kade/Jade
Back to top Go down
http://clansoflegend.forumotion.com
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 7:26

Mosspaw shot a look of sympathy at the apprentice, who seemed hesitant and almost worried about what would come. She gently brushed her tail over the she-cats shoulder, brushing it as she turned to lead the way out of camp. "They're really not the most pleasant, are they? I promise they help though, you won't feel hungry all day. There's a stream a little before Fourtrees that we'll stop at for a quick break and you can drink the taste away there, okay?" She made her way to the top of the ravine, and began to quickly make her way towards Fourtrees. It wasn't long before they reached the stream, and she slowed to a stop next to it. "Go ahead, drink your fill Graypaw. The herbs help the hunger and travel pains, but not the thirst, and there's still quite of bit of territory before us."

She waited as Graypaw drank, looking up at the sun high in the sky. "You seem a little worried, do you have any questions for me? I'll answer them as best I can, while we travel." Continuing their journey towards Fourtrees in the distance, she let the question echo between the two of them.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 20:36

Graypaw followed Mosspaw in silence,not sure how to voice her fears. She knew she could trust Mosspaw,after all the medicine cat apprentice had been her friend since she was a kit. And that may very well be the only reason she found the courage to speak her mind. “I don’t think going to the moonstone is a good idea. I am probably a mere disgrace to StarClan.” She lowered her head. “I don’t want to make a fool of myself in front of my ancestors.” The last sentence came out as a simple whisper,but one that could easily be heard,as well as the underlying message. She was scared. In her eyes she felt she was a failure,and believed everyone else should feel the same.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 4:30

"What makes you think that Graypaw? From what I've heard, your training has been going well, and you're on you're well on your way to becoming a fantastic warrior. StarClan will be quite pleased to see a young, capable cat who will be a brilliant warrior arrive at the Moonstone, and probably argue over which one among them shall get the honor of bestowing some wisdom upon you.' Mosspaw mewed, looking over at Graypaw as she spoke. "Just act as you normally would, and be respectful, just as you always are, you'll do great. I've been able to watch you since you were a kit, and I've kept an eye on your progress. You're doing a fantastic job, Graypaw. You have nothing to fear. Besides, StarClan cats aren't cruel, they're very excited to see the next generations coming for wisdom they can bring back to the clans for use."

By this point, they were passing through Fourtrees, preparing for the climb into the moors of WindClan, and the final part of their journey beyond. She hoped that she had been able to quell some of the fears of the younger she-cat, and boosted her confidence for what was to come.

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 11:29

Graypaw was silent. Mosspaw was right about one thing, she had watched Graypaw since she was a kit. But that is why Graypaw didn't believe her comforting words. Of course she would say stuff like that. She was Graypaw's friend, she would say anything to comfort the apprentice. Then again, she hadn't known Mosspaw to lie either. Maybe she was telling the truth? Atleast, Graypaw hoped she was. But there was only one way to find out. She had to go through with everything. And with how far the pair had gotten, there was no turning back even if she wanted to. So Graypaw let out a long, slow sigh as she kept walking, one paw in front of the other.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 12:00

Mosspaw's reassurances seemed to have little, if any, effect on the apprentice. When the calico she-cat looked over her shoulder back to the younger she-cat, their eyes didn't meet. Falling back to walk side by side with her, she elected to maintain a quiet support demeanor, occasionally speaking words of warning - especially as they crossed the moors of WindClan. Rabbit holes were an easy trap for paws, and could lead to significant injury should one fall into one. It wasn't long before they had made their way through WindClan's lands, and past the border of clan territory into the unclaimed beyond. As they drew closer to the Thunderpath, Mosspaw explained the dangers of it, and what to do. "The Thunderpath sounds quiet today, but we should still cross quickly. The monsters might try to sneak up on us, and they're fast. Okay? Stay right on my tail." A single monster, as green as the leaves in the forest, flew past them and faded into silence. Looking for any hidden once, Mosspaw quickly yowled. "Now!" She sprinted across the path, turning quickly to make sure that Graypaw was still right behind her when she got to the other side.

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 17:15

Graypaw smiled at her friend. She was thankful for her support, not just today, but for all of these moons they have known each other. Funny how it all started with a simple thorn. As they neared the thunderpath, Graypaw froze. She had never been to a thunderpath before. The smell was absolutely terrible. Scrunching up her nose, she squealed as a green monster passed by. She had never seen one up close like that before. Mosspaw was right, those things were fast. Graypaw was so lost in her thoughts, she almost didn't hear the medicine cat apprentice's command to go, and she felt her paws fly from under her as she raced behind her friend. As they reached the other side, Graypaw lied down, panting. Then she realized something that made her groan. "We have to do that again on the way back?!"

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 4:27

Padding over to sit down next to where the young apprentice sat, Mosspaw nodded. "Yes, we will have to cross this Thunderpath again on the way home. However, on the return trip it will be very early in the morning, and not many monsters are patrolling, so it's much easier. We might not see a single one on the way back!" She waited patiently for the she-cat to catch her breath, letting her own heartbeat calm to a good level. Once they both had relaxed some, she stood up, offering her shoulder to Graypaw as she stood up as well. "We don't have much further, we're almost there."

As they finished the final part of the trek, Mosspaw explained what to expect, and what was expected of the two of them. "Once we arrive outside of Mothermouth, which is the entrance to the cave the Moonstone lies in, we will wait until the moon starts to rise. Once it has, I'll let you know and we'll descend into the tunnels. I'll lead the way, just stay close behind me, okay? The tunnels can get a bit narrow, so just remember to take deep breaths, the walk doesn't take long before you're in the cave. Once we enter the tunnels, we must be silent, anything you want to say will have to wait until we emerge after your meeting with StarClan. I'll be right there with you the whole time." Now that she had gone through the trip down and up, she spoke about the meeting itself. "The Moonstone will be cold and quiet when we first get down there. It will be dark, so rely on your other senses, once it is time the Moonstone will burst into light. It's very bright, so make sure you're ready when it does come, okay? After it's lit up, I'll nod to you to show you it's time. You'll lay next to the Moonstone and touch your nose to it, and that's all you'll have to do. StarClan will send you a dream and put you to sleep, and there you will have your meeting with them. The contents of this meeting are supposed to be kept a secret, but if you have something concerning that you wish to share please speak with Pricklebush or myself about it, or if neither of us are available you may speak to Leopardstar. Do you have any questions for me before we go down?"

In the time she had been talking, they had crossed into the Rocky terrain that indicated the start of Highstones. The sun had set, the night coming into view as the light faded away. It wouldn't be long before it was time.

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 7:19

Graypaw shook her head. "Nope. No questions. Actually, I do have one come to think of it. Why do we have to remain silent? Don't I have to do that during my vigil, why must I do that here too? Is it a respect thing?" The irony of that question was, Graypaw was typically silent anyway. Why speak when she didn't have to? So why the thought of being forced into silence bothered her so much was beyond even her. Really it was just curiosity that made her ask such a silly question.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 7:28

Mosspaw hesitated, her paws pausing midstep before continuing after a heartbeat. "That is a good question. That's what I've always been told, and to my knowledge what has been done for generations. I'm going to guess that it is a matter of respect, and a desire to not disturb the peace of the cave. I will ask Pricklebush about it though, to try to get a better answer for you!" The calico she-cat purred, a little surprised at the question. She hadn't ever really thought of that, and had just taken it for what it was, another rule to follow. Now that Graypaw had mentioned it though, she was genuinely curious as well. With that done, however, it was time. Mosspaw gently laid her tail on Graypaw's shoulders and gave her a smile. "It's time. You'll do great, I know you will." With that, Mosspaw led the way through the tunnels to the cave where the Moonstone sat, a gentle breeze smelling faintly of the moor moving the air around them as the pale stone sat before them. Only a few heartbeats passed before the Moonstone burst into light, and once the medicine cat apprentice's eyes had gotten used to the brightness she met those of the apprentice. She nodded, lifting a paw to gesture towards the Moonstone. Once Graypaw had settled in, Mosspaw sat near the exit and waited for her to stir, praying that StarClan would be kind to the young she-cat and give her courage.

Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 8:04

Graypaw followed Mosspaw down the tunnel. Her whiskers brushed the walls where the path got narrower, which actually made it easier to navigate, although she did stumble on a pebble. Her cheeks hot with embarrassment, she kept going until they reached the cave that held the moonstone. She was unimpressed at first, but once it lit up, she was overtook by awe. She had to blink a few times to adjust to the light. It was so bright, it was beautiful. Her eyes met Mosspaw's, who nodded to her, and Graypaw layed down by the giant crystal, pressing her nose against it. The world grew hazy around her as she drifted into a soft slumber. When she awoke, she was no longer in a cave. Instead, she was in an open field that seemed to sparkle with moonlight. There were other cats around her, hunting the abundant prey, or simply chatting. But one cat caught her eye. "Hello?" She called to the cat.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 17:06

From the surreal background emerged a star-studded, long-furred gray tabby. Her pelt seemed to glow with the very being of Starclan itself. Despite the lack of scars along her coat, the former Thunderclan queen walked with a purpose that could hardly be matched by the most skilled of warriors. As she blinked, drinking in the sight of the apprentice, the she-cat's eyes were twin pools of warm, verdant light. Somehow, this creature portrayed both the elegance and grace of an older queen combined with an air of well-earned wisdom. Grasswhisker had never looked more beautiful. In all of these moon in Starclan, little had changed for her. Cats below continued their lives. At this point, she merely blinked at the tragedy of the world below. Now the ideology that only so much could be done had lessened her ardent grip on those below. When the time came for her peace to be said and her aid needed, Grasswhisker would be there, but until then her motherly nature waited with bated breath.

This was one of those times in which her meddling had been allowed, welcomed even.

"Welcome to Starclan, Graypaw. My name is Grasswhisker and like you, my paws once walked the camp of Thunderclan in a time well before Leopardclaw's leadership." A soft smile painted her surreal maw as her son's name passed over her tongue. Even though she had only truly been related to him through their training, the gray she-cat had taken on a much larger role in the tom's life through a guidance and love deeper than even that of a mentor and apprentice. Even though he was displeased with his new position, his motherly figure was grateful for the rest that could now be afforded. Oakstar was more than ready to relieve the burden of leadership from his predecessor. Before getting to wrapped up in her own thoughts, the queen refocused on the apprentice before her, it was this cat's life to which she now needed to lend a paw, "Starclan never takes its eye of the youth of our past clans. You are the future of Thunderclan and have the power to serve it well. Rest assured in your own power and ability, Graypaw, and let it guide you. Have confidence in your ancestors and in yourself."
Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 17:18

"My own power? What power could I possibly have? I-I am just an apprentice! And a weak one at that..... Is there really any hope left for me? With all due respect, ma'am, I think you are putting your faith in the wrong cat." Her tail lashed as she spoke. Atleast StarClan didn't hate her like she thought they would, but she was no good. How could a cat so all-knowing not realize how worthless she truly was?

She began to pace some. She really just talked back to a StarClan cat,hadn't she? "I am sorry, I shouldn't be questioning you like that, Miss Grasswhisker." She turned back to face the queen she had basically called absurd. "It won't happen again."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 9:51

"Not every cat's paws will change the direction of the forest, Graypaw. But each one possesses the power of determination and will, something that far surpasses physical strength. Do not forget this. You are the only one who is able to control what you do with these gifts. I believe in you, and so does Starclan." Grasswhisker saw the insecurity, something that her own apprentice held within his heart so many moons ago. But that storm-troubled young tom had grown up to be a great leader of Thunderclan and served his clan well for so many seasons. Unlike the loner, whose thoughts had been twisted by the idea that he did not belong, Graypaw was growing into a Thunderclan that accepted all cats. Blood was a trivial thing, as the former queen had always believed it to be unlike some of the other ancestors. And now, she didn't quite think the yowling, sharp-tongue she'd used with Leopardclaw would be quite as appropriate. Graypaw was still young and had much to learn. Even if worries troubled the apprentice's mind, Grasswhisker held her in confidence. With a warm smile, the she-cat disappeared into the background of Starclan and allowed the Thunderclanner to return to the waking world. There, should could seek out her own strength and destiny. Grasswhisker would watch from the stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graypaw's Moonstone Journey   Graypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Graypaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next