Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]

Go down 
+7
ruska
Ash
Stags
Mosspelt
owl
Grizzly
Yoshachu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 21:09

Tansyheart had been watching the scene quietly, her frown deepening as each of her Clanmates chose a side. Shooting Salmonpaw a look that said now is not the time, she stepped forward angrily. "You call turning from StarClan a solution? I would call it a deathwish!" she snapped. She had been quiet for so long, stuck in a mindless routine of patrols and daily life, still silently mourning Newtface and her kits, and her father Gingerstripe. Now, Burntstag threatened to rip her Clan apart, and was turning against his own leader. She was finished thinking about what once was, it was time to focus on what was happening in the present. Burntstag wanted to take away the only thing she had left. "You should know better. You're no better than Lichenfang, you're a fool just as he was." She glanced at Redwing, her former apprentice, who had spoken before her. "Redwing is right. StarClan and the Warrior Code are binding us together, and if we abandon that, then what will we become? I have seen families torn to shreds when the Code was broken, my own included."

"Don't be foolish, Burntstag. Don't follow in the pawsteps of Lichenfang, and all those before you who thought they could rule the forest on their own. StarClan has more power than you know." She took a deep, shaky breath. What was to come was unknown for both sides of this conflict.

"Just make sure that you follow your heart and the warrior code, Tansypaw, and everything will turn out fine. ShadowClan will be lucky to have you as a loyal warrior. Of course, no one's life is perfect, but as long as you follow the code, listen to the leader and your heart, and make sure that you are always yourself, then you're set. Just never let anyone change you, all right, Tansypaw?"

"Many moons ago, a very wise cat advised me to keep the Code close to my heart, and to always follow what my leader said. Regardless of his flaws, Scorchstar is our leader! I will not turn against him and the traditions of our ancestors." She finished with another deep breath. She had almost forgotten Honeydrop's words from her visit to the Moonstone, but she was thankful they had come to mind. In this very situation, StarClan was guiding her.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 7:58

Sunstrike turned towards Burntstag as he spoke out of how this was not to reflect on the past, but rather to look to the future. Nodding in understanding, the she-cat padded forward again to look at Poppyheart, Redwing, and Tansyheart, ignoring the apprentice that had joked. This was a serious matter, and she wasn't going to be distracted by light-hearted things. "Yes, remind us that Scorchstar did what any cat would do to those who need it. I have gone hungry before so that kits and elders may be fed, just like most of us here. But Burntstag is right, this is not about the past transgressions and lies, even if they are rotting carrion within the clan. This is about the future, and what it holds." Her eyes settling on Redwing, piercing as she continued. "You can sit on your stump and proclaim that StarClan and the code have saved us, but have they really? Clans and families torn apart by war after war, we see it all of the time between ThunderClan and RiverClan over some rocks. Cats maimed and even killed by sticking their nose over the border, because we're called to defend it." She scoffed, eyes flashing with barely hidden rage.

"You wish to speak of the flood? Fine. Why did we get no warning? Why didn't StarClan, in all of their mighty wisdom, warn us of it's arrival? We lost cats young and old, kit's heads pulled under the water, never to surface again. Warriors who lost their lives trying to save others before themselves, which could have been avoided had we been prepared. But no, StarClan held their tongues and kept the knowledge to themselves. They're not there to help, or guide us! They are there to shine above us, maintaining their iron grip on the forest while claiming they're caring for us. I'm tired of making excuses for them, and for the code, and so should every cat here. We've all lost loved ones in the name of that mange-ridden code, and you're so mouse-brained that you want to continue blindly following it, despite knowing the pain and destruction it brings? Wouldn't you want a better future for your kits, Redwing?"

She turned her face towards Tansyheart next, looking her over. She respected the experienced warrior, but this was something that must be done, there was no question. "Burntstag is not claiming to lead the entire forest, especially not under the claws of the warrior code. He's merely a prophet, here to guide us to the salvation of a new dawn, without the threat of the wrath of long-dead cats looming over our heads." She smiled slightly, tilting her head as if in thought. "And is the battle against Lichenmask so far in the past now that you have forgotten that he was sent to ravage and purge the clans by StarClan themselves, in all their magnificent glory? I have not forgotten, nor will I ever forget, who took responsibility for that. So remind me why I, and all the other cats here should continue to cower before the weak, often silent and completely helpless memories of our ancestors who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and mistakes."

She paused before shaking her head. "If you continue to choose to follow a moons old code that is pocketed with disease and filth and place your trust in cats that have proven time and time again that they do not care, then be my guest. I, however, refuse to continue to follow the same thing that I always have, just because the future is uncertain. I have made my choice, it is up to you to make yours. Just be sure that you truly consider your options, especially considering the recent wrongs on account of the code and StarClan."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 8:32

Cinderface watched closely as Sunstrike barraged their opponents with defenses. It was a sight to be seen, and the calico couldn't have said any of it better herself. Where her companion attacked with fire in her eyes, Cinderface stepped forward with small, defeated steps. Letting out a shaking breath, she turned her pleading gaze to Redwing. "Where are the bodies? Why could we not bury our children, mothers, and fathers? Why did StarClan not grant us that right, but instead carry away the ones we loved most? They could have prevented this. You're smart enough to know that." 

Cinderface shook her head and addressed her dear clanmates. "Even if you don't believe in his message, you can believe in this tom. He can guide us to salvation. We don't have to live by StarClan. It's not like they have such a big hand in our lives anyway, save for when we break their ridiculous rules. Imagine how mighty we could be. Please, stay, we need our clan to stay together!"

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
AirJordanz

AirJordanz

Characters : Twigkit (Tw)
Clan/Rank : TC kit (Tw)
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 13:58

Tigerpaw couldn't quite believe his eyes. ShadowClan was very well losing its mind. One moment, Burnstag was talking to Scorchstar. The next, everyone was arguing over whether or not they should follow StarClan at all. Is that even a question? The way of his warrior ancestors was all he knew. They were the ones who blessed the Clans with gifts of prey, leaders with nine lives, and medicine cats with visions of prophecy. Without them, would they even stand a chance against the elements? Tigerpaw swallowed a lump in his throat. For once, he was genuinely scared. Would the Clan decide to throw away their traditions? They couldn't. They couldn't...

He stood up and looked at Cinderface, disgusted. "How could you follow someone and not believe in their message? How could you follow someone who disrespects our ancestors? I may be young, but even I know that StarClan is important. They've guided our medicine cats for longer than we can remember with prophecies and warnings. They've given our leaders lives so they can guide us for seasons. How could you all be so quick to turn away from them?"
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 14:15

Mothpaw watched in horror as her Clanmates stood divided. Flamestrike's words echoed in her mind...

Your clan is going to die.

It had lingered, since she'd first heard it, in the back of her mind... And she'd imagined what it would look like, this inevitable doom, but it never seemed like this. Could it be this was what he'd meant? She'd never thought she'd feel pulled toward this destruction...! On one side stood her father, and everything she'd ever known... On the other, her brother, and a promise she very nearly couldn't resist. She didn't want this, she didn't know what was right anymore...

She voiced her thoughts without ever meaning to, upset with the entire situation and unsure who her words were meant for. "Why do we have to choose? You can't... You can't do this... I'm not supposed to choose sides! ...And I don't want to, either..."

That was one of the rules of a medicine cat, wasn't it? They were impartial, they helped others regardless of Clan... Was there a right choice? What was the right choice? Should she stay with these cats and their promises... Go with her father...? But either way, she'd be hurting someone... Either way she'd be taking a side.

So, close to tears, she awaited some kind of answer. A reason to stay. A reason to go. A reason why all of the things she'd ever known were crumbling all around her.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 16:55

"I knew you and your kin were nothing but foxheart traitors!" a deep voiced snarled from the edge of the crowd.

Making his way to the front of the chaos filled group of cats, Daisyflame in front of Burnstag, his head held high and tail bushy from rage. Having returned from a hunting patrol, Daisyflame was appalled at the sight that was laid out before him and what he had heard. Burnstag stood in the center of camp as though he was the leader and Scorchstar stood at the mouth of his den. No one would treat his clan and leader like they were a bunch of fools, especially not the likes of Lichenmask's kits.

"Who are you to tell us what we can and cannot believe? We have lived by the code since the dawn of the clans and you think you can make us choose otherwise?" he yowled above the crowd, adrenaline and rage pumping through his veins. "I have absolutely no problem striking you down right here and now. You and your kin's blood is nothing but rotten poison and isn't wanted here, nor has it ever been," the large tom snarled, unsheathing his claws and locking eyes with Burntstag. This tom... this thing that Scorchstar had excepted into the clan... it was finally becoming a danger, and Daisyflame would make sure that he avenged all of the lives that were lost during Lichenmask's reign, especially his parents.

"You may act all high and mighty, but you're nothing more than a self righteous coward hiding behind the shadow of your daft father. You must really think us to be mousebrained fools if you think we would follow some-cat who in the end means nothing, nor has any authority over the code or StarClan," he finished with a huff.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 VHQrlk5
blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 1QYZaRo

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 Molex311

Last edited by Ice on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 21:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 895

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 10:49

Silentpaw relished in the feel of the marshy ground beneath her pawpads. She'd been sick and nest-bound for almost a moon now, and the entire time she'd been itching to just walk.

She was so tired of lazing about. She'd done enough of it when she was younger after recovering from their horrific adventure to the Twolegplace. After that she'd had to work twice as hard to get to the same point in their training as the other apprentices her age... only to get sick just before her moonstone journey.

Mothpaw would have even gotten the opportunity to become a warrior before her.

A pang of bitterness struck her once again at the thought of the path her sister now walked... without her. She remembered when Mothpaw had first told her about being a medicine cat. She'd honestly been... hurt. Hurt that Mothpaw was choosing to leave her behind. Hurt that she hadn't thought about her feelings.

Hurt that the stars hadn't chosen her.

Silentpaw turned her deep blue gaze to her paws, grinding her teeth in frustration. She'd done everything for them, put all her faith in them because she knew they would guide her steps to the right path. Mothpaw had never cared about them. Her sister didn't devote herself the way she had, but somehow they decided that Mothpaw was more loyal? That her sister would make a better medicine cat over her?

It was ridiculous.

Silentpaw couldn't take it, watching her sister clumsily trod over herbs and mess up poultices. It was driving her mad... and she wasn't even sure why. She barely knew anything about medicine, but for some reason when Mothpaw mistook yarrow for borage leaves she immediately knew something was wrong. But Mothpaw was clueless. She made mistakes like that constantly. And if Silentpaw didn't watch her, one of these days she might treat something incorrectly and get a cat killed.

Yet Starclan believed that Mothpaw was right for the job.

What did they know?

Sighing in frustration, Silentpaw turned her paws back in the direction of the camp. If she was gone long, someone might come looking for her... and the last thing she needed right now was company.

~~~

As Silentpaw neared the camp walls, her sharp ears picked up a cacophony of furious shouts and protests. Fearing an invasion, or worse, the pale she-cat quickened her pawsteps and ducked through the thorn barrier.

She almost couldn't believe what she saw on the other side.

Her steps true to her name, Silentpaw neared the large calico who had believed in her since day one.

"Burntstag, explain to me... what is happening?"

In much a similar fashion, Thornbriar entered the clearing clutching a plump frog and an average looking mouse in her jaws.

She herself had been forced to rest as of late. According to Mothpaw, she'd somehow managed to overwork herself to the point that she'd actually made herself physically ill. It was almost laughable, but she did listen to the overgrown kit and successfully got some rest.

Only to try and sneak out to get things done at almost any given chance.

This was one of those moments. She'd noticed the decided lack of prey in the fresh-kill pile so she went on her own solo hunting patrol.

She'd been rather successful... so now she just needed to deposite her winnings without anyone noticing. Normally she wouldn't care, but as much as she hated to admit it a small part of the massive she-cat actually grew a bit sheepish at Mothpaw's scoldings. She knew the tabby apprentice was worried about her health, and on top of that, her usual intimidation tactics didn't seem to work on her. The kit was far too headstrong when it came to matters such as this.

Thornbriar couldn't help but wonder if Mothpaw hadn't picked it up from hanging around her for so long.

However, her musings were cut short as she slipped through the entrance just behind Silentpaw... only to find chaos waiting for her on the other side.

Dropping the fresh-kill to the ground where she stood, Thornbriar stepped forward and glared at the involved cats. She wasn't sure what was going on, but it seemed as if a fight was about to break out based on the amount of cats bristling and snarling.

Her voice gruff but sharp, the smoke-tabby warrior lashed her tail and cut into the argument with a rather loud, "What in Magpiestar's name are you flea-brains doing?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 12:49

More yowls. Had his peace not already been said? The very same cats who had cried for their impure kin to be spared at the paws of his father now seemed all too eager to cast away the life he was proposing. They would not be bound by the outdated nature of the code. Lichenmask in his day, sought to uphold the code, admiring it with an incomparable scrutiny and following every word breathed by the ancestors themselves. He had been written off as misguided and volatile for his beliefs that impure cats should not exist. Burntstag almost laughed aloud at the thought, especially as Daisyflame spat venom in his direction. It was saddening, truly; so many of his clanmates had been blinded by circumstance and trained into a thoughtless loyalty. What did they truly desire? Many sought peace and prosperity, which he offered to fight for with open paws. The calico mused over the irony of the moment as he considered the comparisons to his father.

No. He was nothing like Lichenmask, not in an entitled since of leadership, nor in his beliefs.

His gaze was fixated on the earth beneath his paws for a mere second before glancing around at the warriors of the clan once more. It almost looked as if her were not speaking dreams of grandeur by his position in the middle of the camp and the mild expression in which he wore. Burntstag could not force sense into the minds of cats. Given everything that had happened with Starclan and with his father, he was appalled to see so many leaping to the defense of both the long-dead ancestors who had nearly destroyed them and a code so easily broken it was not worth it to live by. Tansyheart and Redwing voiced passionate opinions, riddled with a lack of thought. It was sad to see. His heart broke at the idea that some of these cats he had grown to care for would not tread the path that would guide their paws to safety. Instead, it would be more ominous prophecies and omens. Dark Forest would rise and fall once again. Starclan would send another savior or meddle once again in the lives of the living. How could that be the best way?

Having said his piece, the warrior stayed silent. There was nothing more than what had already spoken. The cats gathered just needed time to think. Although it appeared this was a decision easily made for some, it was the reason he allowed until sunset for them to truly pick their allegiance. Burntstag would never wish for a cat to swear loyalty to a cause they did not believe it. No, if cats had made up their minds to leave, he wanted them to do so freely and confidently, even if it pained him. Waiting for more cats to speak their minds, the calico waited patiently, facing Scorchstar still. After a moment, the one cat he longed to see appeared at his side. She had been a notably missing pelt among the gathered crowd and must have slipped out while everyone else was asleep. Burntstag lifted his head slightly to peer down at the younger cat and his neutral expression twisted into a soft smile. The pair of them had already spoken of his burden once before and he had hoped to have her at his side as he proclaimed hope for the future.

But sickness had struck down the she-cat and she had been absent as Flintfang abandoned Thunderclan and he spoke to Asterspark. Silentpaw, Scorchstar's daughter looked up at him with questioning eyes. It was a gaze whose pressing questions he could not refuse. Thornbriar joined the crowd shortly after but he was fixed on the snow-white she cat. Another cat would have to share with her words. When he finally spoke, his voice was strong and filled with conviction, yet soft all in one stroke, "I spoke with Scorchstar about what needs to be done. He refused and some of the clan believe that we should continue following the code and Starclan as has always been done. But more see the sense in creating our own future. Several cats have chosen their path already. I gave them until Sunset to decide... I'm glad you're here, Silentpaw."
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 18:39

"That is ENOUGH!"

Finally having gathered his courage to speak up after his temporary stunned silence at all Burntstag and his Clanmates were saying about StarClan and the warrior code -- about himself as a leader and as a cat -- his fear of being exposed turned into fury. Burntstag had no right to demand this change in the Clan, and he wasn't going to let this escalate any further. He stalked away from the mouth of his den and up to Burntstag and his followers, glaring at them with rage, his fur bushed up in aggression and his tail lashing back and forth behind him. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he had been this angry. "I'm sorry that you feel this way about the ways of the Clan, Burntstag, but this madness must cease. These warrior ancestors that you speak so negatively of are the reason why you're alive today! I'm fine with cats not believing if they so choose, but I will not tolerate anyone spitting in the face of StarClan or the warrior code!"

If he didn't have the self-control he just barely possessed, growing further worked up the more he spoke, he would have most definitely slashed his claws across the younger tom's muzzle. But, of course, he didn't. He wasn't going to let this foolishness drive him to violence. He was far too dignified to consider attacking one of his own Clanmates. But that didn't mean he wasn't prepared to severely punish him if he continued pushing his buttons.

With a furious hiss and a powerful lash of his tail, Scorchstar next turned his attention to the Jaggedrock. No matter what Burntstag could possibly say or do, he was still the leader of this Clan. He had been the one chosen by Littlestar, and then approved by StarClan, to represent ShadowClan in any way he felt would most benefit the cats within it, whether or not cats agreed with his methods. He stalked over to the tall rock rather quickly and bundled up his legs to spring to its peak, ignoring the voice that shouted from behind him, "Scorchstar, wait!"

The dark gray tabby leaped up to the top of Jaggedrock in one bound ... but he realized too late that there was already another cat on top that hadn't been there before. Losing his balance, Scorchstar tumbled from the top of the ceremonial rock with a yelp. He wasn't able to regain his balance and land safely on his paws before he hit the ground hard headfirst. Pain shot through his entire body, and he fell limp in a daze. He released a soft moan, and a small scarlet pool began to gradually grow beneath his head where he landed right on top of a pointed stone at the foot of Jaggedrock.

Asterspark stared down from the peak of Jaggedrock in absolute shock, his short fur bushed out and his mouth gaped wide open. He had been trying to stop his father so that he could try to explain more gently and with words he was certain he could understand before he got the chance to address the Clan and very likely punish Burntstag and the rest of his followers. He had thought that if he reached the top of the ceremonial rock first, Scorchstar would have reconsidered leaping up to the top as to not overcrowd the peak.

His plan had horribly backfired. He hadn't been fast enough to make it to the top with plenty of time to spare. Scorchstar had leaped to the top just moments after Asterspark had, and he could still vividly recall the startled look in the leader's orange eyes before he lost his grip and fell back to the ground. He had hoped he would have landed on his paws before he hit the ground ... but that didn't happen. Now his father lay motionless on the ground at the foot of Jaggedrock, the subtle rise and fall of his side the only indication that he was still alive. Great StarClan above.... What have I done?...

"Father!" Poppyheart rushed up to his father's side, shoving past Burntstag and his followers. He knelt down beside the injured tom and nuzzled him, trying to help him stand back up. The older tom moaned softly, and Poppyheart puffed a sigh of relief. He was still alive and breathing, but he still seemed fairly dazed from the fall. The tom took a step back to look up at his littermate -- his best friend -- at the peak of Jaggedrock, his amber eyes glazed over with fear and surprise. "Asterspark! What did you do?"

"I-I didn't mean to push him off, it was an accident!" the half-blinded tom wailed, ears folded back in terror. "I didn't mean for this to happen, I promise!"

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 895

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 22:27

Hearing Burnstag's words cleared her confusion away the instant they left his mouth. Her azure gaze lowered to her paws as the realization fully dawned on her.

Ah...

It had finally happened then.

She could have guessed that her father wouldn't take the proposition well. Then again, she herself had even had trouble wrapping her head around the concept at first...

But a part of her had hoped that her father would at least take the time to truly weigh his options before---

Her father's words broke her train of thought in an instant, drawing her eyes to the tom who had brought her into this world. Hearing her father deny Burntstag's ideas so vehemently made her heart sink with disappintment. Scorchstar wrote the calico tom's ideas off as insolent and insane without even a second thought... but she knew there was no use arguing him as soon as he spoke.

The crazed look in his eye as he spoke of Starclan and their Code told her clear as day. There would be no convincing him.

She allowed her tail to brush feather-light along Burnstag's side to entertwine loosely with his own. She knew how difficult his decision had been... even if no other cat in the clan could see it, she knew this wasn't an easy path to walk.

But Scorchstar didn't care.

She watched him stride purposefully towards the Jaggedrock, a blatant last ditch effort to exert his now-fraying leadership.

But what happened next, no one would have been able to predict.

A gasp tore from her throat as Scorchstar plummetted from the ceremonial rock, her half-brother perched at the highest point in their father's place. She took a step forward, horror splintering the emotionless mask she'd donned upon entering the camp.

But she couldn't bring herself to race to his side.

"D... ad..?"

What... had just happened?

Thornbriar wasn't about to ask again, but she was sorely tempted to stalk over to the group and slam her sheathed paw into the back of someone's skull if they didn't start talking.

However, before she could act on that charming little idea, Scorchstar spoke up.

And through his words, Thornbriar found out pretty much everything she needed to know.

Turning her one-eyed gaze to Burntstag, she opened her jaws to flay him with her words... only for a shout to stop her before she could even utter a syllable.

"Scorchstar, wait!"

Turning her head back to where their leader stood just a moment before, she found the massive black tabby had moved and was now racing up to take his place at the peak of Jaggedrock.

But her blood froze at the sight of a certain, familiar blue-grey pelt hauling tail beside the leader.

"Asterspark?"

The following events seemed to go by in slow motion. Asterspark and Scorchstar reached the top at nearly the same time, but Asterspark's bulk left little room for his father upon the rock... and so, Scorchstar fell. The resulting impact left blood pooling over and soaking into the camp's soil... soil that she and her brother had laughed and played upon as kits.

For a moment, she was so shocked that she couldn't even bring herself to take in air.

But it wore off quickly.

Dashing forward, Thornbriar joined Poppyheart beside their fallen leader. The tom was clearly still alive, but for how long? "Mothpaw, get over here!"

She didn't even look up to see if her former apprentice was going to obey, instead she turned her gaze to Burntstag and those beside him. Once upon a time, she'd actually quite liked the tom. He seemed bright and resourceful, and he clearly knew how to stand up for himself and others. He was a natural leader.

But after today...

She bared her fangs, lashing her tail. "You need to back off, now. Regardless of whatever point you and your rats friends are trying to prove, this has gone too far. And you--"

She hissed, turning her piercing green eye on a openly horrified looking Asterspark. "What were you thinking? Where in Magpiestar's name was your brain?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]   blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

blood // water, pt. II [OPEN; SHADOWCLAN POST]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2