Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 19:59

To once more scale the Highrock with a purpose in his stride was a nostalgic sensation, and Leopardstar purred to himself as he reached the top, struggling a bit more than he used to thanks to his aching muscles.  His body had not yet recovered from the long journey home, but alas, his work was never done.  Right now though, he would be performing a job he had always loved, and it was with gusto that he called out to ThunderClan, sunlight glittering in his hazel eyes.  "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highrock for a Clan meeting!"

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 20:05

Mosspaw had kept busy helping rebuild the camp to what it once way, reweaving the dens together and building up the fresh kill pile again. Things were finally beginning to feel normal again, with her family together and Emberheart back to listen to her stories and share her own from the mountains. It was with a light heart, and warm, happy eyes, that Mosspaw joined the ranks of cats gathering at the base of Highrocks, rejoicing in the normalcy of this simple summons that could mean anything. Taking a place next to Emberheart, she turned her gaze up to Leopardstar, sure that he wouldn't keep them waiting for long before explaining the reason for the summons. Surely it wasn't anything bad?

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6745

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 20:17

Pricklebush walked out at the summons, leaving his newly organized but still very spare amount of herbs in the den. They hadn't been back long, but hearing the leader call out those words and just seeing the camp in the sunlight made it seem like maybe, everything would be all right. Even though they had to rebuild their broken Clan... maybe it wasn't the worst thing ever. He smiled at Mosspaw as she came out- he had been glad to find out that one of his favorite apprentices was okay after the flood. Maybe this would be her ceremony? That would be a pleasant surprise... Life was getting better. He hoped.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 20:43

Once most of the clan had emerged from their patched-together dens, Leopardstar lashed his tail once to signal for silence - his eye finding a certain calico pelt amid the crowd - and began to speak.  "ThunderClan, we are home at last.  All of us are back under the same canopy of trees and sleeping in the same dens once more.  Thus, it is my pleasure to continue with life as we know it, by promoting a worthy young cat to the rank of a warrior.  I have spoken to her mentor, and her heroic account of battling against dogs on the eastern lakeshore had proved her loyalty and strength in my eyes."  Meeting the young she-cat's sea-green gaze, he blinked kindly and purred; "Mosspaw, please step forward."

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 20:48

A blink of her eyes, and a look of surprise and confusion crossed her face. She had been the only apprentice on the eastern shore that fought the dogs, hadn't she?... She turned and looked up at Emberheart beside her before she smiled, hearing Leopardstar speak her name, confirming her suspicion. Turning back to him, she brushed her tail along her mentor's shoulder and stepped forward, away from the rest of the cats gathered around, her excitement building with each passing moment. Spotting Pricklebush smiling at her from his position, she returned it, vowing that she would still visit him and help however she could. She waited there for the words she knew would follow, her tail tucking over her paws as she did.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 21:04

His golden spotted pelt shining in the sunlight, Leopardstar's smile faded into a much more serious expression, and yet affection still lay within his excited eyes.  His own warrior ceremony seemed so long ago, and yet he could still remember the feeling as clearly as if it were only yesterday.  He had been given his name alongside the love of his life, and this young cat was not too unlike them, in fact.  He, his mate, and Mosspaw were all adopted ThunderClanners, and within the apprentice's calico features he could see the fruits of labor.  The effort to prove one's self, to find a place in the world...he knew it all too well, and it was with great pride that he spoke the oath he had once sworn himself.  " I, Leopardstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn.  

Mosspaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?”

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6745

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 21:53

Pricklebush felt his grin widen as Mosspaw looked back at him. Finally she was going to become a warrior... she deserved it. He hoped that she'd still have the occasional time to help him out in the medicine den, though. He had never met an apprentice with the aptitude for memorizing and healing that she had, though Amberdawn had probably taught her some. Leopardstar's strong voice was echoing the ceremonial words through the clearing... but suddenly, there was a slight ringing in his ears. The tom frowned, trying to shake it off, but the faint ringing grew louder. What was happening? There was a strangely nauseous feeling in the pit of his stomach. The edges of his vision grew blurred, and suddenly his knees buckled. The world swam. Everything went black.

He sat up with a gasp, vision suddenly clearer again. However, a quick glance around ascertained that he hadn't just passed out- he was in StarClan. The middle of an empty, grassy field, nighttime sky shining down brightly in the chilly air. Why had they called him so... abruptly? And in the middle of a ceremony, too? Pricklebush humphed and turned to face the area where he knew a cat would appear. Sure enough, a grizzled, black-furred tom with many battle scars sat a few feet away, having appeared out of nowhere. A tom that he knew well from before. "Yes, Nightfire?" the medicine cat asked, not bothering to disguise the annoyance on his face. "I was doing something. Did you really have to make me pass out now? I'll miss Mosspaw's ceremony!"

Nightfire frowned- well, he was already frowning. His frown deepened into more of a scowl. "I don't have time for your snark today," the old medicine cat groused, "as much as I love to chat. I'm here to tell you something important."

"Well, go on," Pricklebush meowed nonchalantly, his tail-tip flicking in mild irritation. "We don't have all day."

The black tom growled. "Seriously, kit. This is important- Mosspaw isn't supposed to be a warrior." Pricklebush blinked in shock and sat a little straighter. "She is destined to be your medicine cat apprentice."

"W-what?" He almost choked. "She's in the middle of her ceremony! You can't just do that!" The tan colored tom stood up, agitated. "You're going to just take that away from her? Like you took it from me?"

"Stop acting like you know what's best," Nightfire returned. "Believe it or not, I do know what I'm doing. Mosspaw wouldn't enjoy a life as a warrior anyway- she'll be far happier, and a better cat, as a medicine cat like you. And she'll be learning from the best."

"Flattery gets you nowhere, especially when it's blatant lies," scoffed Pricklsbush. However, his ears twitched a little bit at the thought that, maybe, this was what Mosspaw would want. After all, hadn't she always gone out of her way to help him with his duties? "You're sure it won't hurt her like it hurt me?" he asked almost absent-mindedly, as much to himself as to Nightfire.

The StarClan tom smirked a little. "Trust me."

"Not likely," Pricklebush muttered. "But since when do I get what I want?" When it came to apprentice choices, he could do far worse. In fact, if he'd ever thought about it, Mosspaw would have been his first choice. She was calm and confident, a good listener... he could live with this. He shook himself off, trying to mentally prepare himself. "Oh boy, I'm going to give Leopardstar an aneurysm.... Okay. One medicine cat apprentice, coming right up."

His smirk grew. "Knew you'd see the light, kit. Now break a leg." And Nightfire, along with StarClan, vanished.

Pricklebush was suddenly back in the center of ThunderClan camp uncomfortably aware that he was collapsed in an awkward position on the ground. Leopardstar had finished his spiel, and Mosspaw was about to confirm the ceremony- it was time to act. There was no time to think. StarClan, Nightfire, I hate you. You couldn't have told me last night? Drama queen... Though it killed him, the tom quickly got up and raced forwards, skidding to a stop in front of Mosspaw. "Wait! Wait, Leopardstar." Whoa, he shouldn't have moved so fast after passing out. His vision swam a little again, but he fiercely blinked the nausea away and returned his determined gaze to the befuddled looking leader on the rock.

"Sorry. I just- StarClan just gave me a vision." As much as I hate to say those words. "Mosspaw isn't supposed to be a warrior... StarClan wants her to be a medicine cat apprentice. My apprentice." As he said the words, he felt their truth. He turned a little awkwardly to the calico apprentice who was probably gaping at him. "I... I mean, if you want to. I don't want this to be forced on you like it was on me." A sharp stab of his headache returned, but his gaze flitted from leader to apprentice, awaiting their responses.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 9:20

Flintfang sat in the corner of the clearing, green eyes flickering off each of his clanmates'. Mosspaw stood in the center, calico pelt shining in the light. He knew what this was, and already had an idea before Leopardstar even announced it. Her warrior ceremony. That little kit that Falconwing had found so long ago in the forest, was now becoming one of ThunderClan's fighters. Flintfang was proud, that wasn't up for debate. He watched her with happiness, offering her the occasional smile when she looked his way. It was as if he was finally sending Mosspaw off to be an adult. She would maybe get her own apprentice now, find a mate, have kits, grow old. It was a bittersweet thing, and the gray tabby's smile faultered. He hoped he had been enough. It had taken him a while to become a sufficient father, and even now, he still didn't know if his actions made the cut. But he knew he loved her, and wanted the best for her. It was a foreign feeling, one he had only displayed a few other times, the most recent being Littlesun.

His love for the ShadowClan warrior was wrong, but with his daughter now grown, could that make it right? He no longer needed to watch over her, but yet still in his heart he felt an urge to protect his daughter from harm. Mosspaw would fight in battles now, and receive more scars to accompany the ones on her chest. She would fight, and maybe even die for her clan. The thought caught in Flintfang's throat, and he didn't know if he wanted this for her. But who was he to have a say in her fate? Mosspaw was the purest cat to ever walk the earth, and he would be a foxheart if he would let his selfish mind ruin that. He offered the calico one last smile, preparing himself for what was to come.

But it was not Leopardstar's voice that broke the silence, but Pricklebush's. The medicine cat. Flintfang turned toward the large tom, ready to scold him for interrupting his daughter's ceremony. But the words that fell from Pricklebush's mouth seemed to shock the whole clearing. "Mosspaw isn't supposed to be a warrior... StarClan wants her to be a medicine cat apprentice." Flintfang barely stopped a gasp escaping his throat. A medicine cat? He thought, gazing at Pricklebush as if he had two heads. At first, he was angry. StarClan shouldn't get a say in Mosspaw's life. But Flintfang rolled the idea over in his mind. The herbs, the healing. Mosspaw would be perfect. Her kindness was unrivaled, and no more blood would be torn from her pelt. The gray tabby watched Mosspaw with curiosity, wondering what she would say. Follow your heart, 'paw. I'll support you no matter what path you choose.
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 9:51

Excitement glittered in her eyes as she caught Flintfang's pelt out of the corner of her vision, and cast her gaze over to him with a bright smile. Soon she would be joining him and Falconwing in the warrior den... But something didn't quite feel right still, something she couldn't quite shake. While her attention was turned, she missed Pricklebush's collapse, and it wasn't until she turned back to the Highrock with a deep breath to accept her new responsibilities that she realized he had fallen, and now was skidding to a stop in front of her before she could say anything. Eyes wide in surprise and alarm, she stared at Pricklebush's back for a heartbeat before looking confused over to Flintfang as the medicine cat began to explain his interruption.

"A... Medicine cat apprentice?... Me?... Are you sure you want me?..." She had to admit, the idea was certainly appealing. Thinking back fondly to the time spent with Leafpaw and Amberdawn, with the latter explaining the different herbs and uses, she couldn't help but smile at the idea of helping. It would also mean that she could aid her kin and clanmates, more than just hunting and fighting for them, although she would keep the skills that she had been taught by Emberheart and all the others, and experience itself. The couple of days spent in the medicine cat den before Pricklebush's return had felt comfortable and homely, and she would be lying to herself if she didn't miss the quiet, fern-enclosed space that seemed so different from everything she had known before.

After a long pause, having turned back to look at Pricklebush as these thoughts flit across her mind in rapid succession, she realized that she had been staring intently at the medicine cat. Her pelt growing hot, she shuffled her paws and blinked, breaking the eye contact momentarily, and upon opening a newfound hope, kindness, and excitement was lit behind their depths. "I would be honored to be your apprentice, Pricklebush, if you would have me." She mewed, her words splitting the silence that had fallen over the shocked and speechless crowd. Turning her face up to Leopardstar, she stood and stepped forward to stand next to the medicine cat before speaking to their leader. "I would be honored to accept this position - not only at StarClan's command, but as a duty that I am happy and excited to accept. The time spent with Amberdawn and in the den before Pricklebush's return have been where I've felt comfortable in the recent moons, although I will never forget my warrior training. If you would have me, Leopardstar, I will accept." Pride filled her entire being, and she cast a grateful gaze back to Emberheart, then flashed a timid look towards Flintfang, unsure of what his reaction to all of this would be. She hoped she hadn't let him down, but... She knew, deep down, that this was where she belonged. Looking back up, she waited alongside Pricklebush for Leopardstar's reaction and verdict.

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 11:42

Marshstorm watched with pride as the calico she-cat was called forward. Although she was not his kit, he felt a sense of satisfaction in every apprentice that became a warrior. They had made it, and proven themselves. There was no denying that Mosspaw in particular had proven her sense of loyalty and courage, she had helped to fight off vicious dogs. She had even killed one. She considered the needs of her clanmates more than most apprentices usually did.

As she stepped forward, he listened to the ceremonial words. His tail tucked neatly around his paws. Sparing a quick glance towards her parents and nodding at them in approval. Though he sensed some discordance between them, they had still raised a good kit. He turned his eyes back to Mosspaw, expecting to hear her warrior name... but seeing Pricklebush instead. He blinked, his head tilted in confusion as he looked up at Leopardstar.

In all his moons... this had never happened. For a Medicine cat to suddenly claim an apprentice in the middle of her warrior ceremony... it was unheard of! His gaze fell back to Pricklebush. He could see remnants of dirt sticking out of his pelt... he must have been in quite the rush to get over to them.
"I've seen many things in my moons, but not this." He muttered quietly, unsure if Leopardstar could hear his confused words. Yet, it made sense. The she-cat was caring enough for the role. She had felt sympathy and guilt when she had killed the dog... he remembered how sad she was during her confession to them on the way back.

Still, Starclan could have chosen better timing. He wasn't about to forsake them though. They needed a medicine cat apprentice in the moons to come. His eyes lifted to the sky with mild concern. Was this an indication of something to come? He shook off the feeling, that wasn't what the clan needed right now.

RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 19:09

Leopardstar watched Mosspaw eagerly as she prepared to accept her new role, bright sea-green eyes alight with the excitement that came with this momentous promise; so focused on the soon-to-be new warrior, the golden tom failed to notice a cat among the crowd fall, only to spring back up and race towards them, already prickly fur bushier than ever.  The leader flinched back as if being snapped out of a trance as Pricklebush skidded to a halt in front of Mosspaw, and he couldn't quite hide his anger.  What in StarClan's name is he doing?!  Hazel eyes narrowing gravely, the large warrior opened his mouth to say something, but his medicine cat reacted before he could.

"Sorry. I just- StarClan just gave me a vision.  Mosspaw isn't supposed to be a warrior... StarClan wants her to be a medicine cat apprentice. My apprentice."

Leopardstar stood, dumbfounded, his gaze floating back and forth from Pricklebush to Mosspaw, stopping once on Flintfang and Marshstorm, before coming to rest decidedly on Mosspaw.  Despite the initial shock, upon further thought the concept of her becoming a healer made sense.  The calico outsider was kind-hearted, generous, brave, and good with cats weaker than her.  He had heard from several cats about her efforts beside the lake to help the sick and injured, though in his mind those tales had faded into the background compared to her self-confessed dog slaying.  As she agreed to the position, Leopardstar found that he had no qualms with the arrangement itself.  "...though I wish this had been brought to my attention a bit sooner Pricklebush, I trust your word.  If StarClan wishes it, then who am I to tell them no?"  His smile returning, the golden spotted leader changed his tune, finding new words he didn't have time to prepare.

"Mosspaw, you have agreed to follow the path of a medicine cat; from this day on, until you receive your full name, you will be known as Mosspaw. Your mentor will be Pricklebush. I trust he will pass down all he has learned on to you."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Mosspaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1