Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck Empty
PostSubject: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 8:52

ooc: This thread can be used to fulfill your hunting requirement if you'd like, but if you simply want it for development then you don't need to roll!

It was early evening, and a fair amount of light still shone down on the strange shore of tangled twoleg nests and distant, thin trees. Scorchstar, ShadowClan's leader and current leader-figure of the bedraggled Clan cats who'd been swept downshore, had drawn the meeting to a close only a short time ago. Cats still lingered about here and there, finding places to stay or catching up with missing loved ones or mourning their losses. Not for the first time, Barleytuft of WindClan counted his blessings. Though he was exhausted and hungry, he knew that everyone was. Unlike some, he had received no injuries from the flood apart from some bruises and scratches from tumbling through debris. He didn't know where his leader, his deputy, his former mentor, his former apprentice, or his current apprentice were. He also didn't know where his former love was, but that thought was quickly erased by the fact that he did know where his mate was.

The WindClan tom glanced back towards the twoleg nest behind him in which the medicine cats and sick and wounded were being settled. He thought of Graybriar and where he had helped her settle inside, wondering if everyone was being warm and friendly with her. Her striking silver tabby pelt and baby blue eyes were never far from his thoughts, even with all the uncertainty surrounding them. He wasn't certain what to do, but with Graybriar's safety and well-being on the line he was unable to do nothing.

When Scorchstar had dismissed the meeting, he had stated, "Healthy warriors who aren't helping the medicine cats, feel free to do what you feel is best, including organizing hunting patrols, scouring the area for any possible threat, or training apprentices and even kits so they may protect themselves in case of emergency." Barleytuft intended to do the first. Considering how horribly exhausted he, an experienced warrior, felt, he was sure that many apprentices would be glad to be off their paws and rest for a little while in relative safety. It would be easy to search for dangers as he hunted. Additionally, any apprentice who did have the energy could join him if they desired. Warriors, too. The sick and wounded needed to eat, as did the young and old. Barleytuft had enough strength that he could do that for them.

"Cats of the Clans, who wants to go for a hunting patrol?" the sandy tabby WindClan tom called out, feeling a flicker of nervousness in his stomach. He had lead WindClan patrols before, but he didn't presume to be leader of all the Clan cats who wanted to come. He hoped they didn't see him as overstepping.

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1528

PostSubject: Re: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 16:29

Elmskip had arrived to the makeshift Gathering late, only hearing Scorchstar's final instructions. He stood off to the side as he watched a medicine cat guide the sick and injured into the abandoned Twoleg nest, tail lashing. He wanted to be helpful if he could. That creeping voice in his head told him he wasn't helpful, he could never be helpful, but he pushed it away with a shake of his head. There was no time for wallowing in darkness, now was the time for him to step up and carry his weight, for his Clan and for the others. For Brindlestar, wherever she may be. The tortoiseshell tom began limping around the clearing in a wide circle, looking for any stragglers, young cats, elders, or cats otherwise in need of help. Everything seemed to be mostly taken care of. He sighed, raising his head once more only to find Barleytuft standing there.

"Cats of the Clans, who wants to go for a hunting patrol?"

Elmskip and Barleytuft were not particularly close but he considered him to be a very nice tom and someone he felt comfortable to be around, not to mention a very capable warrior. "I will," he called, stepping forward to join his Clanmate. He dipped his head to him and touched his nose to the other's shoulder in greeting. "It's good to see you, Barleytuft. I'm...I'm glad you're safe." the tom continued, his voice lowered to a more private tone. "How many of us are here? I know Brookclover is also here somewhere..."

Sagepaw had followed Amberdawn to the "Gathering," managing to hold his tongue while the older cats conversed about what they should do next. He hadn't had a lot of experience around ShadowClan cats, much less their Leader. Of course he had heard all the stories that they were dirty and mean and ate dirt but Scorchstar seemed like a very nice guy. The SkyClan apprentice had hung back a bit when the group split up, Amberdawn going off to help the injured cats and Scorchstar going with her. He wasn't sure what to do; he was only an apprentice and he didn't want to overstep his position but at the same time, he needed to prove himself capable now so he could become a warrior when this was all over. With his hearing loss it was also a little hard for him to focus with all the chattering cats around making noise. There had to be something for him to do.

Through the background noise, a tom's voice rang out asking for cats for a hunting patrol. Sagepaw perked his ears up and smiled, spotting the orange tabby a few foxlengths away. He couldn't distinguish what Clan he was from with all the other scents mixing together but he didn't recognize him at the very least. Now he could make a new friend and be helpful at the same time. However, just as he started for the older tom, another one approached and began talking to him, leaning in close. They must know each other, he thought, slowing his pace. This new cat, Sagepaw realized, had a very odd gait, and it took him a few moments to notice that he only had three legs. He gasped and picked up speed again, trotting over to the two with wide eyes that quickly shrunk into a hard squint. He had a hard time seeing things up close, everything got blurry. "Excuse me," he started, unknowingly speaking a little too loud, "Did you say you're making a hunting patrol? I'll join! I'm Sagepaw, I'm from SkyClan. What're your names? Where are you from?"

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 19:25

A voice called in answer almost immediately after Barleytuft asked his question. He turned his head, his eyes settling on a familiar dark tortoiseshell coat. The experienced warrior recognized his Clanmate, Elmskip, and he made a mental tally of another Clanmate who had escaped the snare of a watery death. Immediately Barleytuft's face cracked with a smile, that hint of anxiety fluttering away like a leaf in the breeze. "Elmskip," he purred in greeting as the dark warrior began to lurch forward to greet him. For a moment, he had forgotten that Elmskip had only three legs, but the fact only brought up fond memories of when Barleytuft had once been able to hunt alongside Ryecloud. He had never thought anything of a crippled warrior who still served their Clan.

Elmskip reached his side and leaned forward to touch his nose to Barleytuft's shoulder, and the sandy warrior gladly did the same, immediately at ease in his fellow warrior's presence. "You as well, Elmskip," he replied sincerely. His ears flicked forward to focus on Elmskip as the tom whispered softly, "How many of us are here? I know Brookclover is also here somewhere..." Brookclover's survival was news to Barleytuft, and he couldn't help but jerk up, a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. "Brookclover's here?" he echoed. Then, he carried on, "Graybriar is here - her leg's still hurt, but thank StarClan a medicine cat is here, too, hm?"

The movement of a creamy pelt nearby caught Barleytuft's attention, and he turned from Elmskip and lifted his head to see a young tom approaching. Barleytuft nodded his head in greeting. As the apprentice grew closer, the WindClan tom saw his eyes scrunch further and further until they were practically closed up close. The tom opened his mouth, and what came out was a voice much louder than Barleytuft had expected. He was certain his mild surprise showed on his face, but he tried to keep a rather neutral demeanor as the tom introduced himself as Sagepaw of SkyClan and offered to join the patrol.

Barleytuft looked aside at Elmskip and nodded, happy to welcome the tom to their patrol. He immediately looked back at Sagepaw and replied in a strong voice, "My name is Barleytuft, and this is my Clanmate, Elmskip. We're from WindClan." The WindClan tom kept an eye out for others who may be trying to make their way to him.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1528

PostSubject: Re: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 10:28

(OOC: on mobile ;; )

Barleytuft's purr of greeting lifted his spirits and the dark-furred tom visibly relaxed. He wasn't sure if he could really consider Barleytuft a friend just yet but it felt like their relationship was heading in that direction. One could only hope. His ears swiveled forward to listen as the other warrior answered his question. He hummed a little in response, an attentive expression shifting to one of concern. He knew Graybriar and Barleytuft were mates. "Is Graybriar alright? I...I hope it's nothing too serious. It is a very good thing we have a medicine cat here." Elmskip was about to ask another question when a flash of sandy brown caught his eye. He looked up to see a young cat, an apprentice, approaching. Good, someone else to join their patrol. His whiskers twitched when he realized where the young tom's gaze was pointed at and he shifted uncomfortably, sitting down to hide his missing leg. The tom introduced himself as Sagepaw with a voice just a tad too loud for the situation and a grin a tad too cheerful for the circumstance they were all in. This Sagepaw had an air about him that Elmskip knew well--he must be disabled in some way too. Judging by the volume of his voice and the way he was squinting, he was probably hard of hearing and couldn't see very well. The tortoiseshell's heart flipped. He knew what it was like. Barleytuft introduced them and Elmskip gave the apprentice a nod in greeting. "Hello."

"WindClan? That's so cool! Is it true that you can run faster than rabbits? That's what they tell us, at least. Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Barleytuft and Elmskip! I hope I'll become a warrior soon. My mom told me that I'm partially deaf and farsighted but that's okay, I just have to work a little harder." He paused, his gaze trailing over to the tortoiseshell tom. The warrior had sat down rather quickly, like he was hiding something. Sagepaw blinked, staring curiously at him. "How did you lose your leg? Did it hurt? Or were you born with it?" He wasn't trying to be rude in any way, he was just curious and tended to ask more questions than he should.

Elmskip seemed to stiffen, his ears flattening back. "I was born with it." he replied curtly, just loud enough so Sagepaw could hear. The apprentice nodded along. "Wow...You must be the best warrior in WindClan! I bet you have to work so hard..." His curiosity satisfied, he turned his attention back to Barleytuft. "So, are we ready to go? We've got hungry mouths to feed!"

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck EmptySun 7 Apr 2019 - 7:07

It seemed that any time Barleytuft thought of Graybriar nowadays, some little part of his brain still tried to flit merrily away despite the stress they were all under. Even hearing another cat say her name made him proud to know her. Given the seriousness of the situation, however, Barleytuft found it easy to reign in his flighty thoughts and maintain the proper composure. "It is a very good thing we have a medicine cat here," Elmskip suggested. The creamy WindClan tom nodded in agreement, but neither Barleytuft nor Elmskip could say any more as the SkyClan apprentice arrived.

As soon as Barleytuft introduced himself and his Clanmate, Sagepaw began chattering excitedly. As he spoke, he confirmed the odd suspicion that Barleytuft had: that he was hard-of-hearing and somewhat vision impaired. Able-bodied as he was, the experienced warrior couldn't help but wonder if this patrol would be effective. He quickly snuffed out that line of thought, knowing what a talented warrior Elmskip was and hoping that if Sagepaw struggled it was probably due to an unfamiliar environment.

Almost wrapped up in his own thoughts, it took Barleytuft a moment to understand why Elmskip had suddenly sat beside him. Barleytuft's shoulder fur lifted slightly with discomfort as he watched the SkyClan apprentice scrutinize Elmskip and begin to ask why he only had three legs. Barleytuft's shifted uncomfortably, looking at his Clanmate as the tom responded shortly, "I was born with it."

Sagepaw seemed oblivious to the discomfort he had caused Elmskip, innocently mewing that he must be a great warrior who works very hard. Barleytuft didn't know what to say for an instant when Sagepaw turned to him, eager to get out hunting again. His dark hazel eyes just stared as he glanced at Elmskip. Sagepaw was right, though; there were many sick, hungry, and tired cats who needed to eat - himself included, but he could wait. Barleytuft finally answered, "Yes, I think we're ready. Let's see what we can find."

The patrol had been traveling for a few minutes into the thin trees, leaving the temporary shelters behind them. Barleytuft still wasn't certain what to say to Elmskip or Sagepaw about the earlier conversation, so instead he said nothing and focused on hunting. A soft rustling caught his attention and he spotted a bird - certainly not his strong-suit, but he somehow doubted he'd be finding many rabbits.

As expected, he was barely able to creep within a fox-length before it saw him and fluttered up gracefully into the higher branches, its tweeting only mildly disturbed. Barleytuft glared up at it, then turned back to his patrol and mumbled, "Maybe we should've gotten more ThunderClan warriors." He looked at Sagepaw hopefully. "I guess this just means more practice for you."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 7:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck EmptySun 7 Apr 2019 - 7:07

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck Mistpe10
[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck   [open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck Empty

Back to top Go down

[open] Hunting in Muck, Hoping for Luck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake :: East Shore-
Jump to: