Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Chilling [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

Chilling [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Chilling [closed]   Chilling [closed] EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 20:22

Swanpetal had woken Wasppaw and led her, ignoring her endless questions, to one of the many shallow pools that dotted the territory. It was iced over, as most of them were, and once she would have backed away. But she had tested this one earlier, and was confident that it wouldn't break under their weight. "Now, Wasppaw, this is ice. It's difficult to adjust to, but it's also fun. What I want you to do is cross it." She gestured to the ice with her tail. "Go on, try it. It won't break, I promise, but you should still be careful." On the topic of the ice breaking, her thoughts travelled back to her own time as an apprentice, and a day spent on an iced-over pool much like this one. It was different, certainly, but similar enough to serve as a positive reminder of the past: one of the few she could think of.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 893

Chilling [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chilling [closed]   Chilling [closed] EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 20:50

Wasppaw's fur was fluffed up in mild irritation at how her mother had ignored her the whole way here. She had questions that needed answering ya know! About halfway into their spontaneous adventure, she'd started pouting at Swanpetal's silence. Why'd she have to wake her up like this if she wasn't gonna talk! Wasppaw huffed, puffing out her little cheeks in indignation. Though, all of that went out the window when she saw the ice. It was freezing, and the water was actually solid.

What kind of sorcery was this???

"WOAH!" She gasped, thwapping at the ice with her right paw to test its sturdiness. "How did it get like this?? Why is it so cold? What happened to the water? Can we still drink it? Where did all the fish go? Are they trapped in the ice stuff? Should we save them? Is it ever gonna go back to normal? Why is it so dark under there? What's underneath? Can we dig through it to find out?" The flurry of questions seemed to jump into double time the more excited she got. Eyes sparkling, the little fluffy tortie set her paw down on the slippery surface firmly. "What happens if I cross it mama? Why do you want me to cross it? What'll it do?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Chilling [closed] QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

Chilling [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chilling [closed]   Chilling [closed] EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 21:17

"It won't do anything," Swanpetal laughed. "Except, hopefully, teach you how to keep your balance. And no, the fish are still there, underneath it. If there's a hole in it, you can fish them out still. We're not going to do that, though, because I don't want to risk you falling in, and besides that, I'm not your mentor." She paused, taking a deep breath, and wondered how Wasppaw never seemed to need to do so. She always had energy and breath to spare, or so it seemed. "It will go back to normal eventually, yes. You should always just take one step onto it first, to see if it cracks. If it doesn't break, or crack, then keep going, but if it does then you shouldn't go on it, okay? And no, we can't drink it. There's still water underneath it, though, and that's why you need to be careful. We can swim, yes, but the water can get dangerously cold."

"Watch me," she told her daughter, and slowly stepped onto the ice. It took a moment to balance herself, but once she was sure she wouldn't fall, she slid forward with practiced grace until she reached the other side. "And now, it's your turn," she called, resisting the urge to spin and show off. Knowing Wasppaw, just having her on the ice was dangerous enough to start, and before she gave her any ideas she wanted to make sure the apprentice could at least cross the ice.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 893

Chilling [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chilling [closed]   Chilling [closed] EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 21:33

The newly appointed apprentice watched her mother glide gracefully across the strange, magical substance in complete awe. She was entranced! The silver she-cat looked like a fish underwater, skating effortlessly over the ice much in the same way the trout did in the river. Her mother warned her to be careful... but Wasppaw, of course, wasn't having that. Excitement thrumming in her ears, the little tortoiseshell took a few steps backwards... then one more for good measure, before dashing forward. Snow flew out from behind her as her pawsteps kicked it up in clumps and she bolted towards the edge of the ice. As soon as she was close enough, she leapt forward with as much force as she could muster, and soared over the remaining snow, landing on the slippery surface of the ice with about as much grace as a fish out of water.

"Wuh-w-uwooaaahhh!" she cried as her forward momentum sent her careening across the ice, spinning wildly as her paws slipped out from underneath her, inevitably ending with her bumping her chin on the frigid surface as she lay with her feet splayed out around her. It was quite the scene. When she'd finally stopped moving, the now dizzy apprentice lifted her head to look at her mother, who'd been watching from the bank.

"... Ow."

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Chilling [closed] QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Chilling [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chilling [closed]   Chilling [closed] EmptySat 26 Jan 2019 - 21:51

Swanpetal was torn between concern and laughter, but once again it was laughter that won out. "I told you to be careful," she told Wasppaw between laughs. "You remind me of... Well,  myself the first time I tried this. Though I don't think I ever quite managed to fly. ...Are you alright? Tell me if you get hurt, alright?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chilling [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chilling [closed]   Chilling [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chilling [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory :: Broken Pools-
Jump to: