Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6888

Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 14:48

Pricklepaw was less irritated and more resigned as he swept the customary traveling herbs into piles. He counted them off mentally as he did so- burnet, sorrel, lamb's ear, chamomile. Another apprentice's moonstone journey, another half a day filled with banalities and tedious conversation, if not annoyance to the extreme. Bushpaw's turn. He waited with a slightly impatient flick of his tail, knowing that she would come out sooner or later. He didn't exactly have to rush, but he just wanted this to be over with. It was the least pleasant duty of his position.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 12:52

"Good morning, Pricklepaw. Hopefully our journey can be a peaceful and quiet one," Bushpaw said as she stepped out of the apprentice's den. Without asking any questions, she padded over to the pile of herbs and picked one up her her jaws, not showing any sign of disgust as she swallowed them. While they did taste terrible, there was no use in acknowledging. She hoped that Pricklepaw wouldn't attempt to start a conversation with her that day. Not having to pretend to be friendly would be a nice break for her. Based on what she had observed of the medicine cat apprentice in days prior, she was pretty sure he wouldn't want to talk to her and staying silent would put her more on his good side. If she ever intended to gain honor and respect under the nose of Leopardstar, having the medicine cat apprentice like her would be beneficial. And if for whatever reason something went wrong that day, she would pass it off as not liking him for accusing Beartooth of murder. Still, her relationship with the prickly apprentice was not the main goal of the day. She was expecting the Moon Lord to talk to her once she got to the stone, because it was the Moonstone after all. But there was a chance one of the Star Lords would come and try to convince her that they were helpful, like they did to every other apprentice. Luckily for her, she wasn't like an other apprentice. "Are we ready to go?"

Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey Signat10
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 18:52

Pricklepaw didn't acknowledge the other apprentice's slightly condescending tone, choosing instead to just turn around and begin walking. It was better than all those apprentices that complained. At least, hopefully, she wasn't going to try and chat with him. Apprentices that did that were the absolute worst. For his part, at least, this would be a silent journey.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 5:44

Not doing anything to show she realized that Pricklepaw hadn't said a word since she had seen him, Bushpaw followed behind him out of camp. Noticing the nature of his pawsteps, she made sure her own were in rhythm with his, making each step gentle. She knew that she needed to go the same speed as him as to not cause the medicine cat apprentice to grow frustrated, and her footfalls were just loud enough for him to hear, but close to silent. That second part would give him the subconscious thought and gentleness and skill, which could make her trust her just enough more when she needed him to do so. Quickly she began to realize that she had probably already said too much, and became sure in her assumption that conversation would just serve to irritate him rather than make her seem friendly. Mouth shut, she looked at their surroundings as they walked. At first it was just ThunderClan territory, but soon they reached Fourtrees, and then passed that to a place she had never been before. Knowing it was WindClan territory, she tried to take in every detail of it in case it one day became necessary.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 9:41

Pricklepaw was glad that the apprentice was silent while they traveled- it was good to not have to carry on a meaningless conversation or snap at anyone. However, he still felt uncomfortable traveling with someone that he barely knew. Of course, he was slowly getting used to it, since he had to do it every day... but that didn't make it any better.

**TIME SKIP**

When they got to Mothermouth, Pricklepaw finally spoke, facing the apprentice behind him for a short time. "The Moonstone is just inside there. The tunnels are very dark- follow me closely and make sure that you don't get lost. If you do, finding you will take time, and I have much better things to be doing." With that, he turned around and walked into the tunnels, following paths that he knew well by now, even in the completely black darkness. After a minute or so of walking around, they were at the Moonstone- a tall, glimmering spire of crystal that reflected the moon's light. After seeing it so many times, it no longer held any wonder for the medicine cat apprentice... all it served was to remind him of what StarClan had done to him. When he heard Bushpaw come in, without looking at her, he spoke again. "When you're ready, just touch your nose to the stone. Then StarClan will come and speak to you."

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 13:41

Upon reaching Mothermouth, Bushpaw was very underwhelmed. While she hadn't expected it to be the majestic cavern everyone made it sound like, she had thought it might be a bit more inviting. How could normal cats think it was safe enough to go inside? Whatever. Simply nodding, she followed Pricklepaw into the tunnel, the darkness not disturbing her in the slightest. She saw the light far before the tunnel began widening as the walked into the cave that held that mystical Moonstone. Once again, she was quite unimpressed. Where all cats fools enough to think that this was some sort magical crystal? Her hope that this would be where the Moon Lord spoke to her dwindled, replaced by the thought that all other cats were just crazy. Nodding once again as the medicine cat apprentice spoke, she stepped towards the stone. Inwardly she sighed that she was going to have to fake some sort of revelation when she woke up, but on the outside she laid down next to the stone, squinting at the bright light so close to her eyes. Lords, how was she supposed to sleep with this light in front of her. Rolling her eyes, she set her head down and pressed her nose against the glowing stone. Surprisingly, sleep came almost immediately.

Opening her eyes, she was in a field of starlit grass. Immediately she knew where she was, and what this was all for. The Star Lords needed to keep their power, so they had apprentices come to them so everyone would believe in them. They would see the pretty stone, and wake up in a pretty field, and talk to reassuring cats, and everyone would follow their stupid little rules. Well, she wasn't going to fall for it. All these fakers could try to sweet talk her as much as they wanted, but she wouldn't have it. "Hey, whichever of you is going to try to trick me, you better do it quick! I don't have time for this." 

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 5 Jan 2019 - 13:45

OOC: Since everyone I asked either couldn't do it or didn't reply to my PMs, I'm just going to do this for the sake of time

"You don't have time for me to trick you? Sorry to break it to you, but nobody has a clue about what you're saying." In front of her, a large fluffy brown tom materialized, his yellow eyes full of skepticism as he looked at Bushpaw. Padding closer to the apprentice, he puffed his chest out and looked down at her. Standing her ground, she didn't move away, and determinedly held his gaze for a few moments. After that, the brown tom sat down and shook his head in what seemed to be disbelief. "Wow Bushpaw, I didn't know anyone could be as thickheaded as you are. My name's Shrewheart, I'm a former ThunderClanner, and yes, I'm part of StarClan. I know you don't believe we're real, but if this isn't enough proof for you, than I have no idea what is."
"I'm going to guess you're Ignorance," Bushpaw commented, seemingly unmoved by anything Shrewheart had said. Her eyes were studying carefully, and she nodded to herself. "Yes, you must be Ignorance. You're not trying to fight or threaten me into listening to you, and you definitely have a thing for bright lights. Plus, you're trying to make me question my knowledge, therefore making me ignorant to what is really happening. I would try to kill you right now, but I know you're still too powerful for me to take on. But mark my words, someday, you and all of the other Star Lords will fall, and no cat will be blinded by the ignorance any longer. It will be by my own claws if need be." Her voice crept from observant to a threatening growl, her eyes fierce and fixed on those of the tom. Caws unsheathing, she dug them into the ground and held her tail up high in the air. Hopefully, her every action was showing that she wasn't afraid of him. Knowledge and confidence would allow her to have even the smallest bit of power over him. Not to her surprise, he began to laugh. This tom had experience. His lack of taking her seriously wouldn't make her question herself for even a moment.
"Kit, I just told you, I'm part of StarClan. I don't know what you even mean by Star Lords, but I can assure you, I'm not one. And that kind of crazed violence is going to get you nowhere in life. In fact, that has to do with why I'm talking to you. You're lack of belief is leading you down a dark path, and if you don't-" Shrewheart was cut off by a loud snarl. Before he could react, Bushpaw bowled him over, knocking her shoulder into his chest with all her body weight, knocking the much larger tom onto his back. Eyes burning with rage, she pinned her sheathed front paws to his chest, holding him down. With merely a grunt of effort, he used his front paws to knock her off of him. She leaped to the side, her eyes still glaring at him as he climbed to his paws and looked at her with utter confusion. "Now what was that all about?"
"Stop talking!" Bushpaw's voice was full of bitter rage, her teeth bared in a snarl as she spoke. "Your foolish words and actions don't work on me, so you can go ahead and stop. I know that StarClan and the warrior code are all things you made up to cover for what you really are. I know being reassuring and seemingly future-telling causes everyone else to love you, but I can see right through that. The warrior code is messed up, with just enough sense in it for cats to follow it if they don't think about it. And of course, you make sure nobody thinks about it. Taking the forms of dead cats to make cats trust you, all the while feeding them streams of lies. I will never fall for that. And when I'm through with the clans, nobody else will either." By the time she finished speaking, her voice had risen to a yowl, and she took a few steps towards Shrewheart. Never breaking eye contact, she unsheathed her claws and looked at him with unwavering fury.
"Look, kit," Shrewheart began, frustration beginning to show in his voice. "I've tried to be patient with you, but you're making it extremely difficult. I don't know how many times I'll have to repeat that nobody except for you understands anything you're talking about. I've only talked to three other apprentices like this, and nothing I've said has been a trick. StarClan is real, and nothing you say will change that. The warrior code is there to protect the clans, and if you can't see that, then I know you're future will be as dark as I predicted. I'm done asking you to believe, because it is obvious you don't have the brains to. But at least don't let that turn you into the angry mess you are right now." The StarClan tom took a step back from Bushpaw, looking at her with a mixture of annoyance and contempt. "I like to enjoy life, and dark omens have never really been my thing. That's why I'm so confused at why I of all cats was chosen to speak with you. But I was, and I have to tell you that your stupidity could cause a lot of pain to cats. If you actually cared about anything, then I think you could find it within you to believe." Before he could scold himself on being all sappy, he was rudely interrupted.
"That's the difference between me and all of the ignorant fools you have tricked in your life. I don't care about anyone, I don't feel anything, and I'm not controlled by emotions. That is why you'll never be able to stop me. The Star Lords will fall, and I don't care who or what I'll have to sacrifice to make that happen," Bushpaw hissed. Anger flooding her, she took her unsheathed claws and swung them at Shrewheart, expecting to meet fur and flesh and feel blood beneath her claws. Instead, before her blow even landed, the starry tom faded away, and her claws swung through thin air.The rest of the landscape around her began to fade as well, and a smug grin appeared on her face. She had won this fight. Darkness wrapped around her, and then she was back in the cavern.
"I'm ready to leave, Pricklepaw."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey   Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Bushpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: