Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Icepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

Icepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Nov 2018 - 16:13

With a bundle of traveling herbs near his paws, Swiftstep was ready to take another apprentice to the Moonstone. The deputy had called Icepaw not too long ago so he must be heading his way. They were to leave as soon as possible so they didn't have to rush to Mothermouth. As most of the apprentices in the clan know by now, Swiftstep enjoyed giving tours during the journey. He wanted as much time as possible to do so.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Characters : Magpiepaw, Greenpaw, Mosskit
Clan/Rank : [MP] SC Apprentice || [GP] TC Apprentice || [MK] WindClan Kit
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 2708

PostSubject: Re: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Nov 2018 - 19:45

Icepaw swallowed his nerves and joined the deputy with a few short trots. He was a full grown tom, standing much taller than those he shared his den with. It felt odd, still sleeping with the apprentices when his age put him with more experienced warriors. After all those moons missing... Shaking the thoughts away, he turned to deputy. He was here and now. That mattered more than those memories of a rather distasteful time.

"I'm ready," the blue-grey tom whispered, eyes glancing down at the herbs by Swiftstep's paws.

Icepaw's Moonstone Journey N05yAsy
magpiepaw ┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛ greenpaw
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Nov 2018 - 20:45

Swiftstep chuckled and pushed the herbs toward the tom. "You're not quite ready without eating these. They're traveling herbs. They'll keep your hunger in check and your energy high. I must warn you though. They're very bitter." The deputy then began to wait for the tom to finish.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 19:11

The tom was all too familiar with the bitterness of medicinal herbs. He had always been interested in herbs, even as a kit. "I know. I made the mistake of munching on a few as a kit. Our medicine cat wasn't happy, and neither was my palate," he reminisced, opening the bundle and scarfing them down as fast as he could. With a sparse cough, he shook his head and stood tall, nodding towards the deputy.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 9:26

The brown Tom chuckled just thinking about Icepaw as a kit munching on some of these foul-tasting herbs. Once the apprentice signalled that he was finished, Swiftstep nodded with a slight grin and beckoned the other tom to follow his lead out of the camp. The pair then set off on an exciting journey to the Moonstone!

~Time Skip~

The deputy and apprentice soon arrived to their destination as Silverpelt began to paint the night sky. Swiftstep, the whole journey, had pointed out interesting facts about each landmark as they passed them. The deputy hoped Icepaw would appreciate it. The sprint across the Thunderpath seemed to give them both the energy to continue walking up to the tunnel's opening.

Swiftstep smiled and began to step into the dark tunnel. "Stay close to me Icepaw. I don't want you tripping and hurting yourself in the dark." he instructed as they began to walk. Soon the two reached a cavern where the magnificent Moonstone sat. "Touch your nose to the Moonstone Icepaw and a Starclan cat will meet and speak with you." the tom said as he made himself comfortable by the cavern exit.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 16:34

Icepaw followed behind the deputy, his whiskers barely brushing the tom's pelt along the journey, from camp to Highstones, especially as they delved into the mouth of the cave, their vision blocked by a darkness so deep, not even their strong eyes could spot an inch of light. They padded quickly, his body squished against the cave walls before he spotted the etchings of light ahead and they erupted into the clearing.

His turquoise eyes blinked as they adjusted to the light, before resting on the Moonstone. It was more beautiful than he imagined. But now was not the time to admire its shine. As Swiftstep commanded, he inched towards the stone, settling down on his stomach and pressing his nose to its cold form. A chill shot down the apprentice's back on contact.

Within seconds, his eyes closed themselves and he felt himself drift somewhere far away from where he fell asleep.

Icepaw woke with a jolt, his eyes filled with the familiar image of WindClan's grassy plains. While he felt the ease and comfort of the tall grass whisking across his pelt in the wind, the sky above carried more stars than he could count. He had never seen so many stars. Before he could become hypnotized by their entrancing dance in the sky, one began to fall. Its speed grew as it fell closer and closer to the ground before it crashed with a thunderous roar, only foxlengths in front of him.

"So you're the third. Nice to finally meet you kid," a rough voice chuckled through the grass. Squinting, the tom padded forward, pushing away the stalks before coming face to face with a cream-coloured she-cat. Her tabby pelt twinkled like the stars above them, while her icy stare bore deep into the grey tom's soul. He opened his mouth to speak but her tail swiftly shot over it. "No, don't say a word. No questions for you, it's my turn to speak." His face scrunched up in frustration, but he could tell this she-cat would not be happy if he spoke. Accepting her demands, he sat down and directed his attention to the lilac tabby.

She paced around the area, tail flicking back and forth methodically. "Ahhh, it's been so long since I've spoken to a living cat. I think the last time was... well when I left WindClan. I was so frustrated about my father's mania, so I decided to run away. Not the best choice in the end. Leaving home without a medicine cat was a fox-hearted move, but I was an obnoxious apprentice. Of course, I was too stubborn to come back. Ended up dying alone in a cave many moons later. I refused to even speak to any of those nasty rogues and loners. They all called me a crazy old cat, but I just accepted it." Icepaw swallowed. Who was this she-cat, and why was she telling him her life's story?

Spotting his confusion, she stopped mid-step and turned to the solid tom. "Right. My name. Icepaw. Ex-medicine cat of WindClan, daughter of ye old Stormstar and Raccoonstar. Yes, I know, take it in. It's not often you find yourself face to face with a celebrity. It's funny that your mother would name you after such a distant aunt but I suppose she just had good taste and knew the potentional of an Icepaw," she spoke with a wink. "You're not even the first Icewhisker to exist. Our long gone, beyond great-grandpa was named Icewhisker. He was also a medicine cat. Ended up getting killed by his sister if I recall correctly. Mated with his mentor from ShadowClan. That was a surprise. Sure messed their kits up when they found out."

The tom cocked his head. "I'm not the first Icewhisker? But I'm not a warr-" A cold gaze cut the tom off. "I said don't speak. And yes, Icewhisker. I suppose you should make sure Brindlestar doesn't name you something dumb, like Iceriver." She chuckled as if she knew something the tom did not. Despite his clearly confused state, she continued speaking, rambling on about the old Icewhisker and her own life stories.

After enough time of her ranting passed, he found himself frustrated. "Did you bring me here just to talk about your life? I thought you were supposed to tell me something useful." His supposed ancestor groaned and pawed at the ground. "Isn't the name thing useful enough?" He shook his head. "Fine, fine."

"You want useful? Don't bother trying to find a mate. The one you were supposed to end up with is gone. Disappeared. Nobody knows what happened to her. StarClan thought it would be fun to pair you up with some girl in ShadowClan just like your namesake. She even shared a name. Ebonypaw. But since she's gone, you're doomed to a life of unfulfillment in the romance department. Maybe if she comes back you'll get lucky. Even then, cross-clan romances don't ever have happy endings." His blue-green eyes opened wide as she spoke. W-What was she saying? Soulmates exist? And his was some missing she-cat from ShadowClan? There had to be some sort of mistake, he would never break the code like that.

"Oh, and just chill out a bit, will you? You're so stiff sometimes. Take everything one day at a time and have some fun. You'll kill yourself one day if you try so hard to be what you can't." Without another word, his world flashed black and he opened his eyes to find himself back with the Moonstone and Swiftstep.

"What in StarClan's name was that?"

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icepaw's Moonstone Journey   Icepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Icepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1