Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 17:42

Goldeneye didn't quite know what to think of Mottledpaw, though she was aware that they could be a good warrior, just as good as any other apprentice that was. Herbs waiting longingly to be devoured, their misery after being cut away from their stem and brethren; that's what Goldeneye thought as she stared off into space, bored out of her mind. The golden pelted she-cat gave a huff of impatience, figuring that she should go looking for the apprentice.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 17:51

Mottledpaw stumbled out of the apprentice's den, grimacing as a loose clump of reeds brushed against the tender scratches covering the majority of his muzzle and around his eyes. The scratches were healing just fine, but they were still fresh and had a ways to go before they were only scars. The apprentice had overslept for his Moonstone journey and he knew it; he really didn't have any excuse, since most of the Clan had fought the same battle that he had and was just as exhausted as he was. The dark tortoiseshell tom tried to ignore the stinging on his face as he made his way to Goldeneye, seeing a vacant expression there to greet him.

"I'm sorry," Mottledpaw mumbled, fighting off a yawn, "You have herbs for me to eat?"

Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 17:59

The haze that had settled in Goldeneye's gaze snapped away in an instant as she turned slowly to Mottledpaw, her paw wordlessly answering the tom as she pushed the bundle closer with a stiff nod. "It's unbecoming of a future warrior to over-sleep on a very important day? I'm within every right to cancel it. But since I, nor any other cat wish to receive a headache over it, let's get it over with." Goldeneye meowed, her tone cold and hard as she addressed the tom sternly before rising to her paws. Goldeneye fixed Mottledpaw with an expectant gaze as she waited for him to eat his herbs.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 18:14

Mottledpaw grimaced at Goldeneye's sharp words and tried to keep his tail from lashing with frustration. He'd been an apprentice for long enough already; the last thing he wanted was to be stuck as an apprentice even after he'd been through the great battle with the Exiles. Well, I was in it; I wouldn't say I went through it, he thought dejectedly. He had been overpowered, and he was angry that after all his training he still hadn't stood a chance. He had been offered mercy, and he had taken it to what, stay an apprentice forever?

"I understand. I'll do better in the future," was all Mottledpaw could say, his voice tight but weary. The medicine cat offered him mercy again, and he dipped his head to thank her, to apologize again, and to eat the herbs which she'd provided for him. As he swallowed the bitter herbs, he swallowed the bitterness at Goldeneye's irritable behavior and seeming lack of compassion. He was finally going on his Moonstone journey - though why they still made the pilgrimage to the ancestors who wanted them destroyed, he didn't understand. He didn't need to. He'd jump through their hoops and be a warrior in no time. Once he had swallowed up his herbs, Mottledpaw licked his muzzle and meowed, "I'm ready."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 18:40

"You better."

_________Time Skip ___________

The looming mouth of the highstones used to strike fear into the medicine cats heart as she was young, just as it had frightened Cloudstone. The sheer aura that Starclan cats held was suffocating, their screeches and gossiping reaching her much better here now that they had when she was at Riverclans camp. Despite the control of her emotions now, her fur along her back still bristled with lingering instinctual fear.

"Follow me closely, there are many paths that stray from the main route, and since you don't know the tunnel system as I do then you will easily get lost. If you get lost I'll be very inclined to leave you behind to figure your way out. Am I understood?" Goldeneye growled, her voice a deep timbre as she turned to look back into the tunnels. Before another word could be said she disappeared down the passageway, her tail stretched out to make sure that Mottledpaw could touch his nose to her wispy fur to guide him. Her pace was brisk and confident as if she could see just as well in the dark as she could in the day.

Goldeneye slowed as she reached the moonstone, due to the late arrival of the apprentice it was already lit. Moving aside so the tom could get out, she motioned to it with a jerk of her head. "Touch your nose to it and sleep. Think of a question that comes from your heart and soul. This is the one chance you will get to improve yourself, to strengthen your weaknesses. Don't throw away your shot." Goldeneye meowed sternly, fully intending to stay awake the entire time to make sure no stray animal made it down the paths.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 19:09

Mottledpaw was exhaisted by the time they reached the jagged peaks that held their ancestors. Although WindClan was closest to Highstones and the Mothermouth, Mottledpaw's body ached from their journey. He felt like a whiny kit, but the herbs had helped. The opening of the cave seemed to whisper, or maybe it sounded like quiet wailing in the depths. Mottledpaw shuddered, and Goldeneye only fed the anxiety that gnawed at his belly. "I understand," the apprentice replied while he thought, Don't have to tell me twice.

Mottledpaw followed the medicine cat closely when the darkness enveloped him. He was aware of her scent ahead of him, the tickle of her tail on his nose, the brush of the cave wall against his pelt and the cold, uneven sloping floor of the tunnel against his pads. His senses strained for more, and were left on edge by the deafening quiet of theie pawsteps and the faint howling.

I made it through the battle, so I can make it through a tunnel, he thought. Sure enough, a light began to glow in the distance, closer with each pawstep until they entered a cavern with an immense shining rock in the middle. Mottledpaw froze in awe for a moment before Goldeneye's terse voice caught his attention. The dark tabby she-cat was almost silver in the strange light. He listened carefully, then nodded as he lay down next to the Moonstone. With a deep breath, he pressed his nose to the stone. Within moments, he was asleep.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 7:04

Mottledpaw woke with a start; when he had fallen asleep, he had been in a cave washed in silver light with Goldeneye near him and the soft hiss of wind - and maybe voices? - around him. As his eyes flew open here, however, he realized he was not at the Moonstone anymore. Starlight-speckled reeds fluttered around him, and instead of wind he heard the babbling of a full, calm, steady river. Drawn to the peaceful sounds, Mottledpaw found himself pressing through the reeds to the river's edge. He stared into the water to see the endlessly starry sky reflected in ripples back at him, and he knew he was in StarClan.

A throat cleared softly beside him, and Mottledpaw jumped, whirling to see a cream-colored she-cat. She smelled of RiverClan, and she was larger than even him by almost a head. He looked at her paws, characteristically large paws confirming she was his Clanmate by ancestry, at least.

"Welcome to StarClan," the she-cat said calmly in a husky voice.

Mottledpaw stared at her for a moment, surprised by the peace he felt. Only a few days ago he had nearly died because of these cats; he himself was pureblooded and was exactly what the Exiles had wanted to protect, but his unwillingness to sacrifice mixed-blooded Clanmates (whether he personally cared for them or not) had made him an enemy to the Exiles, and to StarClan. With the realization, Mottledpaw found his fur bristling as he stepped angrily towards her to spit, "You don't want me here - you don't want any of us here! You don't care about us!"

The she-cat narrowed her pale blue eyes, and a low growl rumbled in her throat. "Would I have come to greet you if I did not care about you?" Her tail lashed and she continued, "All I have ever cared about is RiverClan and those in it. I can do nothing but watch from the stars as it crumbles from the inside out, impure blood breeding disloyalty and mistrust. The warrior code exists in the best interests of all the Clans; they were given the choice to obey it or destroy themselves. The choice was made."

Mottledpaw felt angry, but also bewildered. Dewshine and Gingerstripe, Flamewish, and Firepaw had been the only impure cats he knew in RiverClan, though he knew many others existed elsewhere. Surely StarClan couldn't have wanted to destroy RiverClan for them?

The she-cat padded to the water's edge and gazed down to watch silvery shadows glide through the currents. After a long, tense silence spread between them, she finally meowed, "Is there anything you would like to ask?"

Goldeneye's words echoed in Mottledpaw's head at the StarClan cat's question. "Think of a question that comes from your heart and soul. This is the one chance you will get to improve yourself, to strengthen your weaknesses. Don't throw away your shot." What could he ask? What could he do to improve himself? The only thing that would make him better was to be a warrior, and as soon as he was done jumping through this hoop he would accomplish that. But the she-cat's words, threatening the fall of RiverClan, gave him pause. After a moment's consideration, Mottledpaw finally asked, "What can I do to protect my Clan?"

He was unnerved when the she-cat turned a deeply sorrowful gaze to him and replied cryptically, "Nothing; you can't protect your Clan."

Mottledpaw's fur bristled along his spine and he stammered, "Wh-what do you mean?" Was RiverClan already doomed? Were he and Goldeneye going to return to find the destruction of their Clan, so soon after they had defeated Lichenmask?

The she-cat shook her head. "You will be a fierce warrior, Mottledpaw, but RiverClan does not need your ferocity. They need your strength." The cream StarClan cat stared deeply into his eyes as she murmured softly, "You are more than teeth and claws. You are flesh and bone, and spirit. True strength lies in your heart."

Mottledpaw looked at her quizzically, then muttered, "That doesn't make any sense. What am I supposed to do, befriend all our enemies?"

There was a faint flicker of alarm, but she replied calmly, "Not every battle can be won. Not every friendship can be possible. Use your instinct. It will guide you."

Her creamy coat began to flicker, and suddenly Mottledpaw realized that the river was becoming quieter, even more translucent, as StarClan began to fade. Am I waking up? he thought anxiously, She hasn't even answered my question right! But sure enough, StarClan slipped from his grasp and he slid back into the world of consciousness.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey   Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Mottledpaws Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: