Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Leader and Kin [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Leader and Kin [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 14:02

Leaf-fall seemed to have hit suddenly; seemingly overnight the familiar sky of thick green leaves dappling a blue sky was replaced by varying hues like fire shadowed by gloomy gray. For the first few days Amberpaw had still felt like a kit. She was exhilarated every time she left the camp to trudge through the leaves that began to fall. The newly named medicine cat apprentice was thrilled by how her beautiful golden-orange tabby pelt blended with her surroundings even more than it had before. However, the first bitterly cold night changed her mind. Amberpaw woke with mist on her breath, shivering in her nest, and changed her mind about leaf-fall. She certainly wasn't ready for leaf-bare - her kitten fur, though thick, still wasn't thick or fully grown to protect her from the cutting winds. Still, time would not stop, and neither could she.

The medicine cat apprentice padded out of the medicine cat's den and towards the fresh-kill pile. She picked a small bird and wandered off to the side to eat it by herself. Amberpaw let her dark amber gaze sweep over the camp, surveying her Clanmates and her home. Visiting the Moonstone had only made her more confident in her decision to become medicine cat apprentice to Mintwhisker. She had been called, and she'd answered, and as of yet she had no regrets. Her only regret was not being long-furred like some of her Clanmates. As Amberpaw crunched on some bones, trying not to swallow a feather, she spotted her leader - and her grandfather, according to her mother - Tinystar heading near the fresh-kill pile.

Amberpaw, personally, knew little of Tinystar despite their kinship. Amberpaw knew what some cats thought of him, but she hadn't witnessed any of the verbalized - and violent - opinions that he was unfit to be leader. Amberpaw had only her faith in StarClan and her loyalty to her Clan at this point. She was a medicine cat apprentice, anyways; she needed a good relationship with her Clan's leader. Unfortunately, the golden tabby was still barely more than a kit, and she couldn't help but feel entranced by how differently he moved from other cats. She tried not to stare, but he caught her eye - perhaps on purpose, purpose not - and she blurted out shyly, "H-Hi, Tinystar. Do you want to come eat with me?" Amberpaw hoped he wouldn't think she'd been rude.

Leader and Kin [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5878

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 9:56

Padding back into camp from a hunting patrol, Tinystar looked around the camp and let out a content sigh. So far, besides the occasional prioritization of his position, clan life since he'd become leader had been pretty peaceful. SkyClan was continuing to grow and prosper, prey was plentiful, and there hadn't been any drama with the neighboring clans. Everything was going pretty good, and Tinystar always made sure to thank StarClan for blessing his clan.

Making his way over to the freshkill pile, the abnormally small leader dropped his squirrel and bird onto the pile and a shiver was sent up his spine as a sudden chilly breeze ruffled his pelt. With his new duties, he hadn't really been thinking about Leaffall and was surprised to see that it seemed as though the cold season was going to be upon the clans quicker than he'd imagined.

Hearing his name called, Tinystar turned his head to see his granddaughter, Amberpaw, sitting just a foxlength or so away from him. The she-cat had just recently become the medicine cat apprentice, and so far, it looked as though she was doing good in helping Mintwhisker around the medicine cat den. He couldn't have been more proud to work and serve besides his kin, and with a purr emitting from deep in his throat, the stout white and grey tom grabbed a mouse from the pile and made his way over to the she-cat.

Setting down his little snack and sitting down besides Amberpaw, Tinystar continued to purr. "Of course, I'd love to," he mewed with a wide, happy smile on his muzzle. Laying down, he took a bite of the mouse, enjoying the sweet taste that flooded over his senses.

"So, how has your training with Mintwhisker been going?" he asked after licking his muzzle to rid himself of any lingering blood from the hunt he'd just gone on.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Leader and Kin [closed] VHQrlk5
Leader and Kin [closed] 1QYZaRo

Leader and Kin [closed] Molex311

Last edited by Ice on Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 10:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 10:57

Hearing Tinystar's purr and seeing him quickly make his way to her, a fresh mouse in his teeth, Amberpaw felt a wave of relief relax her stomach and she felt her own purr bubble up in response. Part of her feared that perhaps it was unprofessional to address the leader of the Clan in such an affectionate way, but the golden tabby pushed the thought aside - Tinystar was still a cat, just like everyone else, and everyone deserved to feel liked. Besides, sharing meals with Clanmates was common. It helped the leader to stay familiar with the Clan and their needs.

Tinystar settled beside her and took a bite. Amberpaw did the same, no longer feeling self-conscious about staring at him earlier. She was a medicine cat apprentice, after all; it was natural for her to be curious about the different ways bodies could grow. It must be no different than having a kinked tail, or more toes than the average cat, she thought as she finished her bite. The SkyClan leader spoke, and Amberpaw replied more quickly and loudly than she'd expected, "Great!"

The medicine cat apprentice shuffled more meekly now, "I-I love being a medicine cat. Seeing StarClan was--" She broke herself off and furrowed her brow, remembering that she wasn't supposed to discuss what she had seen at the Moonstone unless it were important for someone to know. Amberpaw took a deep breath and tried to ignored her embarrassment, correcting, "I, um, really like Mintwhisker. She's a really good mentor." She hurriedly took another bite of her bird, realizing how little meat was left on it - she'd have no food to hide her nervousness behind after this.

Would StarClan be mad that she'd almost talked about her dream? Would Tinystar? What if they didn't let her be a medicine cat apprentice anymore? Amberpaw didn't know if there was a punishment for almost talking about it - especially one as insignificant as hers, as she'd simply been named apprentice and then woke up - but she didn't want to find out.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 13:50

Barely noticing that Amberpaw almost slipped in telling him about what StarClan had told her, he was glad to hear that she was enjoying being medicine cat apprentice. Leaning down, Tinystar finished off his mouse in a few more bites and took a moment to lick the blood from his maw. "That's good. I'm glad to hear that she's doing good in teaching you the ways of being a medicine cat," the small leader mewed, a smile still on his muzzle. "SkyClan is blessed to have cats like you and her as our medicine cats," he chuckled, proud of the two she-cats. While he wasn't a medicine cat, he had enough knowledge to know that learning everything about herbs and medicines was no easy task and he personally admired them for remembering all of that information and being able to save lives like they did.

"How are you doing in learning about all of the herbs?" he asked, turning to the she-cat. He didn't want to seem nosy, but he figured that he'd might as well assess how the apprentice was doing while they were both together. Besides, this way he could get an insight on other things that Mintwhisker might've left out if he'd asked her about Amberpaw's progress.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 17:08

Tinystar made no hint that he noticed her slip, but Amberpaw dared not let that relief catch her off guard. She would do better not to make little slips like that in the future. Still, the medicine cat apprentice swallowed her last bite as the white and gray tom purred praises about her and Mintwhisker. Amberpaw felt her cheeks flushing with embarrassment, but she purred in reply and mewed, "O-Oh, thank you. I hope I'm even half as good as Mintwhisker someday."

Having both finished their meals, Amberpaw and Tinystar turned to face each other; they both had time to waste, and many cats shared tongues after a meal. Once again the she-cat felt awed and honored to be able to eat a meal so casually with her leader. She began to delicately lick her paws and draw them over her face, washing after her meal. Amberpaw thought about her grandfather's question for a moment.

"There are... a lot of herbs," Amberpaw admitted slowly. "I have to not only know their names, but what they look and smell like, and what they do, and where they grow, and when." The golden tabby shook her head, looking at Tinystar with bright eyes. "I know I'll get the hang of it with time and practice, and I'm glad to put in the time, but it's just kind of a lot."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 12:05

"Just be patient and keep working hard and you'll get there," Tinystar chuckled. Lifting a front paw, he began to lick it, removing any small tufts of russet squirrel fur from between his pawpads. Taking a few moments to focus on that paw, he moved onto the next, his ears swiveling in the direction of his granddaughter when she began to speak again.

"Wow, I'm very impressed. I don't think I could ever memorize all of that," he mewed in a surprised tone, looking back up to Amberpaw. "And yes, with a bit more time and practice, you'll be the perfect medicine cat in no time," the small leader purred.

OOC: oof sorry for the shortness ;;

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:00

ooc: we all have short posts every so often! all is well <3
    Amberpaw couldn't help but beam at her leader and grandfather, feeling warmth spread through her to slowly ease her social awkwardness. She didn't know Tinystar very well, but she realized that she was in the perfect position to learn more about him; as both kin and authorities of the Clan, Amberpaw would have ample opportunity to get to know him better. The golden tabby scuffed a paw and dipped her head bashfully when the white and gray tom showed surprise and pleasure at all the things she had to learn.

The medicine cat apprentice looked at her leader and mewed, modestly but genuinely, "Oh, I don't know about perfect. I'm not sure we can do that. We can always learn more, can't we?" Amberpaw flushed again at how formal she was being, but she had to admit it was true. She didn't know as much as Tinystar or Mintwhisker yet, but she had a feeling that there were others who knew things they didn't - and that meant they all had more to learn.

Amberpaw shook herself and stood, trying to muster some of her more kit-like enthusiasm. She didn't want every conversation with Tinystar to be formalities and wisdom and mysteries. She wanted to learn more about him! "It's a beautiful leaf-fall, isn't it?" she asked, then added, "My first, of course. But I love all the colors."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 9:41

Purring at her humbleness, Amberpaw was clearly the best choice of a medicine cat that SkyClan could've chosen. Turning his blue gaze to Amberpaw, who had suddenly stood up, Tinystar nodded his head in agreement. "I agree. Leaffall, though it brings hardships after, is for sure one of the prettiest seasons, though all of them have their beauties," the small leader chuckled in reply, watching as red and orange leaves fell from the trees above. If only the clans could've just been stuck with the weather and not the hard hunting season that followed.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 10:55

Amberpaw gazed back into her leader's bright blue eyes for a moment before following his vision up to the trees that were raining color on them. She understood what he meant; already she had learned from Mintwhisker that leaf-bare meant little prey and even fewer herbs. What they collected and stored these past seasons and during leaf-fall would be all that they had to work with until new blooms matured in the spring. The she-cat paced and asked, "Do you have a favourite season?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyTue 2 Oct 2018 - 9:02

Thinking about her question, Tinylegs pondered through his thoughts for a few moments. Each season was magical in it's own way and were all very unique, but he easily decided that Newleaf was his favorite. "I like Newleaf the most, mostly because it's a time for the clan to grow and begin to flourish after the tough Leafbare," he purred, thinking of all of the the kits and prey that became abundant around that time of year. "Seasons are a true wonder," the small leader added softly, watching as more leaves fell from the trees above.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyTue 2 Oct 2018 - 13:40

Amberpaw waited with interest as the leader considered her question. She perked her ears when Tinystar replied, and she nodded. She hadn't seen a newleaf yet, but she knew it was excellent for the medicine cats as well because the herbs they needed bloomed and flourished then. Amberpaw nodded in agreement at his final soft comment and watched the trees with him, and for a moment she felt no need to say more. She had learned a lot about him in this short conversation, even if it didn't seem like much had been said.

ooc; I'm not really sure what else they could talk about, but I'm really glad they have met and talked so we have a base relationship to build off of. <3

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] EmptyThu 4 Oct 2018 - 10:49

Looking back to Amberpaw, Tinylegs let out a sigh and stood up. Leaning down, he gave his short legs a stretch, simultaneously letting out a yawn. "Well, I'd better get back to my leader duties. Those patrols won't originize themselves," he chuckled. Giving a curt dip of his head to the medicine cat apprentice, he then proceeded to shake his pelt from leaves that had clung onto it from laying down for so long. "It was nice chatting with you and I wish you the best of luck on your training," the small white and grey leader finished. With that, he made his way towards the camp entrance, where warriors began to gather for the next patrol assignments. Amberpaw was for sure a bright young cat, and he couldn't wait to see how she grew as a medicine cat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leader and Kin [closed]   Leader and Kin [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Leader and Kin [closed]
Page 1 of 1