Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 6:48

Jaystar woke up before the first rays of sunshine could appear. He opened his green eyes in the lonely den and yawned, looking around. If he was honest, he missed the warrior’s den. Even though he wasn’t exactly the most social cat, he enjoyed sleeping with his fellow clanmates under the same reeds. He didn’t feel alone...

The leader stretched his body once more and walked slowly to the exit of his home. Outside, the fresh breeze welcomed him and the camp was waiting for him in a soothing silence. It felt like ages since he did something like this but it remembered him the old times when he was the deputy and he had to take over different apprentices because the clan didn’t have enough warriors. However, this time was different too. He wasn’t going to train any cat. Lightpaw was his son’s, his own kin. The poor tom has to grow without a mother... just he do when he grew up without a father and an absent mother who was busy being deputy.

The tall grey tom entered the apprentice’s den and he soon fixed his eyes on the pure white pelt of his grandkit. Jaystar walked to him and touched his shoulder with one paw. ”Wake up, Lightpsw. It’s time to train... I’ll wait you at the entrance of the camp. Fetch something to eat before going...” With those words being said, the leader left and as he stated, he waited patiently.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] Signat14
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 7:14

Lightpaw stirred slowly, his head swimming with grogginess and eyes heavy with sleep as the words of his mentor poured over his ears. As Jaystar exited, the new apprentice began to slip back into sleep in his nest, rolling the words over in his mind. Suddenly everything came back to him, and Lightpaw let out a sudden squeak of excitement. He scrambled ungracefully to his paws, earning a hiss from an exhausted denmate, and scrambled into the clearing.

My first day of warrior training! Lightpaw's heart was soaring, and he felt much more awake as he made himself walk slowly, confidently, to the fresh-kill pile. He gulped down a vole despite how excitement had dulled his hunger. He knew he'd need his strength! Immediately the white tom made his way towards Jaystar. "Good morning," he purred.

Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 8:16

The leader smiled gently at him and purred back. ”Good morning to you too, Lightpaw Follow me. I’ll tell in our way what I’ve got you today.” He mewed as he stood up, leaving the camp. He let his body sunk into the stream that surrounded the camp and without many difficulties, he moved forward to the shore of the other side. He looked back to check that the young tom was okay, even if the stream wasn’t deep enough to cause him troubles. Once he was with him, he led the way to the river.

As they traveled together through Riverclan’s lands, the leader glanced at his apprentice with a smile. ”First of all, you will need to learn Riverclan’s territories and borders. Our land is filled with prey, especially with fishes and water rodents. That’s why the domain of the river is so important for us. As a Riverclan cat, you will learn our fishing and swimming ways, skills that no other clans teach to their apprentices. For today, we will visit the river, the Sunningrocks and the Gorge and I’ll teach some basics of swimming in our first stop. Sounds okay to you?”

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 8:37

Lightpaw could still scarcely believe he'd been chosen as the leader's apprentice; he felt his entire body tingle with pride and excitement as Jaystar commanded him to follow. The small white tom did so obediently, his tail up in the air. He was exhilarated. He'd never been outside the RiverClan camp before - he wasn't allowed to, after all, since up until recently he was still just a kit. Kits weren't supposed to leave camp!

The pair reached their first obstacle - well, Lightpaw saw it as an obstacle. Jaystar easily, without missing a beat, crossed the stream which surrounded RiverClan's camp, keeping it protected from those who weren't used to water. Lightpaw hesitated for a heartbeat, but he made his way across after his mentor. The queens had been good about getting him used to water as a kit, and being a RiverClan cat of course gave him an advantage when it came to swimming and wading. Already his pelt was sleek and oily from the fish he ate.

Lightpaw listened carefully as Jaystar spoke, drinking in every word like he was starved for knowledge. When the leader mentioned Sunningrocks, Lightpaw felt a brief pang of unease. He had heard that ThunderClan and RiverClan were always fighting over Sunninrocks; was it safe? Instead of asking that, however, Lightpaw mewed, "I'm ready!" His paws itched with anticipation.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptyMon 13 Aug 2018 - 18:17

The leader chuckled by the optimistic attitude of his grandkit. Playfully, he rubbed his forehead with one paw, messing with his fur a little in a fatherly way. He was happy. Despite the worries and burdens of his leadership, his family was what made him feel alive, with a purpose. Lightpaw and Aspenpaw were the younger ones of his family and in these days of training and development, he wanted to show them the legacy of those who lived before them. Maybe one day... they would tell their kits his own life story.

"We're here." He announced. The sound of the river sounded as calm as ever and the sunshines reflected their light on the clear water. On the shore, large and warm rocks could be seen and the leader made his way to them. With one paw, he pointed one of them. "Sit here, Lightpaw. I have a story to tell you." He mewed smiling. Once the apprentice was in his place, the leader looked at the river, remembering those days when Ivystar, the previous leader, was alive. The white-furred tom did not know who she was and what she did for her clan. He probably didn't even know she was his great-grandmother. With a purr, he started the lesson. "This place you see is the Sunningrocks. You might have heard that this section of the river is usually under conflict because both Riverclan and Thunderclan want them for their own hunting territories. Moons ago... before you were born or even your parents were alive, there was a war here. I was a new deputy by then. My mother, Ivystar, took Fishstar's place when she passed away and she named me as her deputy. But her leadership only had a few days of peace..." With a movement of his head, he pointed the forest on the other side of the river. Even from his side, he could smell the scent of Thunderclan.

"Thunderclan, the clan who lives in the woods, came to Ivystar claiming for the Sunningrocks that belonged to us by that time. Blizzardstar had a meeting with Ivystar in leafbare. She wanted her to give up the Sunningrocks to Thunderclan. Of course, Ivystar rejected such a thing. This place is one of our best hunting spots and the clan needed the food that it provided. So... we went to war." As he said those words, the leader remembered that night. The hisses, the claws, the blood and chaos. He even could remember the adrenaline that ran through his veins and how brave his clanmates were. "Both clans fought with ferocity but in the end, Riverclan's warriors demonstrate to be the strongest ones. Since that day, I saw the true mightiness of our clan, young Lightpaw. Ivystar guided us to greatness and she never failed to prove that Riverclan would not be beaten so easily. She won all the battles she entered and always came back home with fruits of her efforts and blood." He made a nostalgic smile and then turned his face to see the apprentice. "Your great-grandmother is remembered as a strong and mighty leader, Lightpaw. You have her blood as well as I have it. If your work, I'm sure you can be as amazing as she was. Even more."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 6:15

Lightpaw couldn't help but giggle at his grandfather's playfulness. He quickly and obediently followed as they began to make their way towards the river, and Sunningrocks gleamed in the sun before them. He mewed, "Wow - they're the biggest rocks I've ever seen!" Still, Lightpaw glanced around hesitantly as if he expected ThunderClan to slink from the shadows and cracks at any moment. Jaystar's instructions to sit disrupted his worry, and he sat where indicated, pushing his concerns aside.

It didn't take much for Lightpaw to become enraputed in his mentor's story. Lightpaw had heard very small and fragmented pieces of these stories from the elders, or in hearsay with the other kits and apprentices, but never the who, when, or why. As Jaystar said, even Lightpaw's parents hadn't been alive when this happened. The young tom suppressed a shiver of excitement as he listened. How had Jaystar felt when he became deputy? Had he wanted to be deputy when he was young?

When Jaystar mentioned ThunderClan, Lightpaw turned his head to stare across the river. He cautiously lifted his nose and parted his lips to smell; the river greeted him first, and then the forest, but slowly he began to discern another scent - the scent of foresty, moldy, dirty cats. That must be ThunderClan! How can they possibly catch any prey when they smell like that? He had grown used to the strong, thick scent of RiverClan: water, reeds, and fish.

He took in all the information like water after a dry-spell, thinking about his great-grandmother and his grandfather, glorious in battle, as they defended RiverClan's hunting grounds. Lightpaw felt his shoulder fur bristling with excitement as Jaystar described their victory, and he wondered if Ivystar was watching him. Would she be proud of him if he continued to carry on her legacy? He wanted to help RiverClan to be the best Clan it could be.

Lightpaw turned his eyes to Jaystar as the tom turned to face him; their eyes met, and Lightpaw began to purr. "I've got the blood of two Clan leaders?" he asked once Jaystar had finished speaking, bursting with pride. "I'll make RiverClan proud. You'll see! I'll be the best apprentice you've ever had, and someday I'll be leader too - just like you and Ivystar!" The young white tom sprang to his paws and began kneading the ground with excited impatience. He wanted to start training now!

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 19:26

The tom smiled widely by the response of his apprentice and kin. There was no doubt. He was a good cat and if he kept training, he would be a loyal and strong Riverclan warrior, just like his ancestors before him. "Calm down, tiger. I know you will achieve great things but we have to start with something, right?" After purring that, the leader walked to the river calmly, choosing a spot of shallow water where the current wasn't strong enough to swipe a young cat like him away. He made a movement with his tail, inviting Lightpaw to join him.

The water around his webbed paws felt as cold as ever but at the same time, it was like a warm embrace. The river was his life, was part of him, an extension of his body. For a Riverclan cat, that was water meant and one day, his apprentice would see that too. "Water is the most important thing in our lives, young one. It provides food, shelter and protection. But it can also bring death if you're careless. We, Riverclan cats, have learned how to use it in our favour by training our apprentices how to fish and swim." He walked in deeper, letting the water reach his neck. Once he was ready, he separated his paws from the muddy ground and started swimming in circles with strong, long movements of his legs. His chin was raised up and he moved swiftly, like a fish.

Jaystar came back to the apprentice's side, his fur soaked in water. "One day, you will swim like that. But first, you need to learn how to not drown yourself. First of all, everything about swimming is about coordination between the different parts of your body: legs, breathing, your head and tail. Try to imitate what I did here, where the water isn't deep enough to reach your mouth."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 14:22

For a heartbeat Lightpaw was disheartened by Jaystar's playful chiding, but the new apprentice quickly began to purr with him. Lightpawknew that if he wanted to be the best warrior he needed to learn from the best warrior. What better warrior was there than the Clan leader? Jaystar would know what Lightpaw needed to learn - after all, his grandfather wanted him to succeed and be great like their ancestors before them!

The small white tom followed his mentor into the river, only hesitating for an instant as his toes were lapped gently by a small wave of cool water on the shore. This was much deeper than anything he was used to, and the current further out worried him. However, Lightpaw was a RiverClan cat, and he quickly waded until the water lapped at his belly fur. His sleek, well-oiled pelt kept the water from soaking through and freezing him, but no amount of hair could've kept the mud out of his paws.

"Yuck!" Lightpaw muttered as he found sturdier footholds, then glanced up to see that his mentor had begun wading deeper. He perked his ears towards Jaystar as the tom began to talk about the river and all that it meant for RiverClan. In a much more simply stated way Lightpaw had heard this before as a kit in the nursery, but now that he had been apprenticed he felt as though he understood more.

Jaystar took off and Lightpaw watched in awe, his light amber eyes sparkling, as the tom swam gracefully in circles. Nothing fazed him - not the current, the waves and ripples, the rocks, the wind. The white apprentice appreciated his mentor, and grandfather, admiring how naturally he moved in the water. I can do that too, I'm Riverclan! However, before Lightpaw had gone in deeper than his shoulders, Jaystar had returned to his side, reminding him that he needed to learn the basics.

Lightpaw mewed indignantly, "I'm RiverClan! Can't I just swim like that naturally?" He immediately ducked his head, realizing that he had just sassed his mentor, grandfather, and Clan leader. Maybe having Jaystar as his mentor would be harder than he thought. "I-I mean, yes, I'll do that. Sorry, Jaystar." The white apprentice turned his attention back to the river, trembling slightly as he tried to picture what Jaystar had done. Chin up, Lightpaw began to creep deeper into the water until it reached his chest, and then the bottom of his neck.

Lightpaw lifted his chin carefully, trying to ignore the cold and wet seeping through. He tried to breathe slow and deep, and after a few moments he lowered his body into the water, trying to lift his paws from the floor. He breathed in at just the wrong time as a wave splashed up his nose harmlessly. Lightpaw immediately stood up and sneezed, spluttering for a moment. Embarrassment, and the greenleaf sun, warmed him. What are you, a kit? Only a kit would do something mouse-brained like that. Some RiverClan cat!

"I-I'll get it, I promise, I just need a moment to get this water out of my nose." Lightpaw sneezed again, steadying himself in the neck-deep water.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 3:41

The leader didn’t the sudden outburst of the apprentice. It was not a surprise considering that he was Stormstrike’s son and he already knew what his son’s personality was. That was why he only smiled at him, comprehensively. ”I know you’re eager to be the best. But sometimes it’s better to be a little patient. All your wait and hard work will be rewarded one day. Is a rule of life.” He mewed after the pure-furred tom apologized.

From his spot in the shallow water, he glanced at the tom and even if at first, he seemed fine, he had the same trouble he had when he was an apprentice. Jaystar walked to him and licked the bridge of his muzzle in a fatherly way. Then, he stepped back a little to leave him his own space as he recovered from the splash. ”I’m sure you will because that’s how I started too. I looked like a fish struggling to breathe in the shore and always ended up making too much noise with my paws. But look at me now. I love water and it has become part of me too. You will learn that too. Now, let's try it again. Try to keep your head up and don't raise your front paws too much or the splashing will blind your sight." He instructed his apprentice giving him a short demonstration next to him, in the shallow part of the river. Lightpaw had the spirit to learn and that was all he needed to be an experienced swimmer. In no time... he would be a warrior... a cat that his father would be proud of.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]   Training With Grandpa [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Training With Grandpa [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: