Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Today, Swiftstep was taking Barleypaw on his Moonstone journey. It seemed like only yesterday he had held the young tom's apprentice ceremony. Time does fly. The deputy had just called the apprentice over to him and now he sat waiting with a bundle of traveling herbs by his paws at the camp entrance. He already ate his share not too long ago. They were to make it to Mothermouth by the time Silverpelt was adorning the sky so they had to travel quickly.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 9:56 am

Barleypaw could barely keep his body from shaking he was so excited. He was excited for the journey that he and his mentor would be taking today: the trip to the Moonstone. All Apprentices were required to make the pilgrimage to the Moonstone in order to share tongues with StarClan. Barleypaw wasn't completely sure what to expect, but the thought of seeing the spirit of an ancestor made the normally boisterous tom almost meek. Almost.

The sandy tom made his way to his mentor, tail high and dark hazel eyes glimmering. He had heard some basics of what to expect from other Clanmates who had already made the journey, but the whole ordeal was apparently very personal. Many seemed to treasure their experience silently. Barleypaw was excited to see what was to come.

"Hello, Swiftpaw!" Barleypaw trilled enthusiastically, slowing to a halt just short of the Warrior. "Are those for me?" he asked, prodding the herbs with a tan paw.

Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 9:11 pm

The deputy nodded and smiled at the younger's question. "They're traveling herbs for you. They'll keep your hunger in check and will give you energy for the trip. I must warn you that they are bitter but you must eat every last bite." the tom said as he playfully purred. "Tell me when you're done so that we may head out!"

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 am

Barleypaw listened as his mentor explained that, yes, the herbs were for him, and they were bitter. The warning about bitterness fully registered as he had early grabbed a mouthful or various herbs and bit down. His fur bristled almost respectively in response, and he looked at his mentor and mumbled sheepishly, "Vif if really groff." Still, he forced himself to chew and swallow, then eat another mouthful, and another until there was none left.

The Apprentice, having finished his herbs, sprang to his paws and shook his body vigorously to try to get rid of the feel in his mouth. "Okay Swiftstep! Let's do it! I'm ready! for our journey!" Barleypaw excitedly began to prance towards the entrance of camp, eager to follow his mentor.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 8:00 pm

The deputy gave his apprentice a grin before leading the younger out of the camp.

~Time Skip~

The pair finally made it to Mothermouth just as Silverpelt adorned the sky. The two had quite the journey with Swiftstep giving Barleypaw a full on tour of every significant landmark they passed.

Currently, the older male was heading into the tunnel with the apprentice not too far behind. Soon they stepped into a cavern that held the brightly glowing stone. The deputy sat down by the entrance and nodded at the other tom. "Barleypaw, touch your nose to the Moonstone and a Starclan cat will speak with you there." instructed the brown tom.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Barleypaw obeyed Swiftstep diligently. Despite being a WindClan cat - born for running over the moors, sprinting after rabbits - he found his legs and paws aching by the time they reached Highstones. The young sandy tom's breath caught in his throat as he saw the tall silver-black peaks adorned by moonlight, silhouetted against Silverpelt up above. Barleypaw wasn't sure he'd ever seen anything so beautiful.

The WindClan Apprentice nodded and again obediently followed his mentor as they entered what was called the Mothermouth. An almost supernatural blackness surrounded Barleypaw, and at several points in the long stretch of black tunnel he worried he had lost Swiftstep or that he was going to suffocate in the darkness around them. However, they entered into a small cavern, and immediately Barleypaw had to narrow his eyes against the bright light that met them.

Swiftstep commanded him to touch his nose to the stone, and Barleypaw looked at his mentor uncertainly before nodding, determined, and curling up beside the Moonstone. He tucked his paws under his chest and softly pressed his nose to the cold surface. He was surprised by how cool the glowing stone was, but the feeling subsided - as did the world - as sleep overtook him.

The sandy Apprentice's eyes fluttered open to more light - daylight. Barleypaw was surprised, and confused, when he looked up to see not the sun, but Silverpelt still lingering above.  He saw the haze of starlight filtering along the blurred edges of his surroundings. He recognized the gorge, where he had stupidly fought a RiverClan apprentice only a short time ago. Guilt burned in his belly, but what could he do? He'd won, at least. Did that matter? The silence around him made him uncomfortable. Was he dreaming?

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Characters : Minnowcall»M«-Wolfsong»W«-Wildstrike»Wi«-Coldgaze»Co«-Dante»D«
Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1738

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 11:34 am

The light grey tabby appered infront of the young apprentice "Greetings young one" he meowed with his as usual, calm voice.
He looked down at the sandy colored tabby cat from the rock he were sitting on.

"I'm here to speak to you Barleypaw, I've watched you and I admire you'r boldness and bravery but you have to keep in mind what the cost is, not only for you but for you'r family and clan. A good warrior doesn't fight every battle he ends up in, some battles you ave to run from. A border battle can quickly turn into a battle between life and death" he paused and looked away as he saw a picture of Silentstorm's blood flowing out of his throat. He took a deep breath before continuing "Trust me, I know...".

Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey Tworc110
☾Coldgaze☽ Warrior Of Riverclan [Tier 2]
☾Wildstrike☽ Deputy Of Shadowclan
☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 11:45 am

Barleypaw scented the tom a moment before he appeared. With wide, startled hazel eyes, the sandy apprentice examined the tabby before him: he smelled of WindClan, and stars glimmered in his fur. "Y-you're a StarClan warrior!" he blurted out, bowing his head deep and low. He felt suddenly humbled and awed, even though he had been told what he would see. No words could have prepared him to come face to face with someone who had died for his Clan.

The StarClan tom spoke in a voice full of many emotions - love, pride, pain, regret, and wisdom. Barleypaw lifted his head to watch him as he spoke. The tom knew about his tussle with Flamepaw? Of course, mouse-brain, he scolded himself, not for the first time, All of Starclan knows. He felt shame burn in his belly, but the StarClan cat continued speaking not with admonishment but instead with concern and compassion.

The last words made Barleypaw pause. "I-I know," he murmured softly in reply, looking down as he scuffed a paw against the star-speckled earth. "I just... I want to be a good Warrior for my Clan. I don't want to make us look weak." He faltered, then looked up again, hoping for reassurance.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 1:12 pm

He listent to the young cat and nodded slowly "I understand that Barleypaw but a good warrior picks his fights and steps off when they realize that they can't win and remember that you can't fight if you're dead. But a honorable warrior should not kill either, even if you are winning you don't have to kill. Our leaders have diffrent punishment, Wildpaw, well Wildstrike now, my killer was close to being given as a slave to Windclan, he barely got to stay in his clan. Would you want that? Leave you'r clan to serve another one for killing one of their clanmate. If you don't care about yourself and where you end up, think about you'r family and you'r clanmates, they would miss you" he meowed and sighed quietly.

"Wildstrike was like very bold, that is what killed me, he was trying to protect his clan and he striked at me in the wrong place, killing me.. But I forgive him it was an accident, but not everyone is as forgiving as me... " he sighes and looked down.

☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Barleypaw listened with wide eyes as Echofall spoke, feeling entranced by the starry warrior before him. His breath had caught in his throat as he listened to the tom speak. The WindClan apprentice's stomach was full of guilt, but slowly the feeling became replaced by an even stronger Clan pride.

After Barleypaw's skirmish, which he'd only narrowly avoided exposing, he had considered the possible consequences, but the worst he had thought of was never becoming a warrior. The realization that exile or even becoming the servant of another Clan were options caused him to tremble, despite his best efforts to stay strong.

"I understand what you're telling me," he managed, his voice wavering. Barleypaw thought of Oakpaw, and of the future kits his parents were expecting. What if he were never able to walk with them, patrol and hunt with them, ever again? The feeling of loss made him more resolute. "Thank you for telling me. I'm going to be the best warrior WindClan's ever seen!" he meowed confidently.

With a pang of sympathy, Barleypaw wondered who Echofall had left behind.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Echofall smiled friendly "Good, I'll keep watching you and remember Barleypaw, Starclan takes what it wants, it does what it wants and it has a path in mind for everyone. Starclan may not be the fairest but it does what it has to" he told him as he disappeared, hoping that the young cat wouldn't forget what he had told him, he sure liked this young cat.

☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Barleypaw felt a wave of understanding as the WindClan warrior mentioned StarClan's mysterious ways. All he could do was nod respectfully and reply, "Thank you, Echofall. I will make you proud." And Amberheart, Pheasantwing, Fallenkit... and you too, Oakpaw. The sandy tom watched as Echofall faded from sight. Barleypaw was grateful to have met this warrior ancestor.

No sooner had the tom faded from sight than did Barleypaw find himself awake, curled up near the Moonstone. The light had gone, leaving Barleypaw with only the faint trace of moonlight above and the long, dark cave between him and the outside. The Apprentice stirred, feeling a pang of fear, and mewed softly into the dark, "S-Swiftstep...?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey   Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Barleypaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: